Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
I sold them on September 4th for 2.78t. I was really elated to have finally gotten my gold's worth for all that hard work I did on my backwing's quest. It was hard having an inventory I was happy with because I sold almost all of my items to go towards my backwings quest a couple years ago. All of my liquid hoards are long gone now. I even sold some of my favorites. If it meant losing some outfits to complete my quest, I was okay with it.

With the gold that I felt I earned honestly, I went on a spending spree to get some items I've always wanted. Gaia-sama, a few Ancient Katanas, Steel-plated Ninja Band. 5 of the 6 cash shop versions of the alchemy backwings. I also spent at least 4b in Loyal's shop trying to get a rainbow ticket.

But then a couple days ago I saw Gash's thread in GCD about the 133t purchase of the double rainbow ticket. It was unfathomable that anyone could have that much gold in their account. I just got 2.78t and that would barely cover an Angelic Halo. What made something sink in my stomach was that this was around the time my wings were bought. Something was off. Maybe there were just some users who felt like dropping tons of gold on trillion-gold items? Especially when other really rare items were being bought.

Today I saw the 133T-gate threads in SF and GCD. Apparently there was a conspiracy by staff members to buy high priced items and put them in Flynn's Plunder or in a gold sink event. I saw that there were two mules being used to buy high priced items in those threads, and then I felt a deeper suspicion. One of the usernames seemed familiar.

I checked my store log, and it had indeed confirmed my suspicions. My backwings were bought by the second mule. You can find a screenshot in the 133T-gate thread (the Archangel's Wings: Alchemized were mine). I felt really sick, and really dirty that this gold may have been generated. And I unknowingly spread it throughout the economy.

How could you do this to me, Gaia? You know how long I have been protesting against gold generators, ever since Flynn's Booty was given out to the first time GC buyers? Did you not see my signature linking to a petition with several hundreds of signatures asking Gaia to not release anymore gold generators?

This is dirty money. And I have no idea what to do to with it. I don't know if I can ask you to undo all of my transactions and trades. What is also more difficult is that I spent at least 4b on the project loyal recolor me RIGs and opened them. My only purchase that I'm okay with now was spending 910b in Flynn's Plunder for the Astra Whipping Black Devil Tail because that gold should be sunk now.

This is not okay Gaia. I need to know if this gold was generated or if it came from Flynn's account. I always thought the gold that was spent in Flynn's Plunder was a gold sink, that this gold would never again see the light of day.

Also, while you're trying to be charitable, this is not the way to do it. There's no way you can buy an item for X amount and expect it to sell it for more than that amount in Flynn's Plunder. It's going to be X minus Y. Not that many people have trillions of gold.

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

Just to make sure I understand, you are disgusted with the gold but you plan on spending on something like Flynn's plunder? That sounds very confused to me.

But I digress. What they did was wrong and I have a feeling you won't be the last to make these claims.

Perfect Saint

Maybe PM Zero Omega or file a ticket and ask to reverse the sale? I can see how it may get complicated since you used the gold already though.
It's sad that you were a victim of the 133TGate fiasco.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
eviliven lady
Just to make sure I understand, you are disgusted with the gold but you plan on spending on something like Flynn's plunder? That sounds very confused to me.

But I digress. What they did was wrong and I have a feeling you won't be the last to make these claims.

The reason why I'm okay with the gold being put into Flynn's Plunder is because that gold should theoretically never be put back into the economy again, but you never know. Flynn's Plunder should always be a gold sink, and that's what the general consensus was.

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

Diosu
eviliven lady

The reason why I'm okay with the gold being put into Flynn's Plunder is because that gold should theoretically never be put back into the economy again, but you never know. Flynn's Plunder should always be a gold sink, and that's what the general consensus was.

Or you can ask them to refund you your wings and not spend the money. File a ticket.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
eviliven lady
Diosu
eviliven lady

Or you can ask them to refund you your wings and not spend the money. File a ticket.

But the problem is that I spent most of it before I saw the 133T thread. I was literally in a bidding war for the astra devil tail before I even went into GCD.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Summoning style jutsu!
User Image
Zero Omega

Perfect Saint

Diosu
Summoning style jutsu!
User Image
Zero Omega
xd Nice.

Wheezing Codger

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
Now this is a pickle. You can always buy a bunch of Dernier Cri items and then donate them. That is if you just want to get rid of the gold.

Shy Fatcat

Oh wow I feel for you.

Gaia's shady actions make me despair.

They literally break their own rules.

Im becoming more and more done with this site.

I think I'm only hanging around now to see how they handle this epic f*ckup.

Demonic Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
quentara47
Now this is a pickle. You can always buy a bunch of Dernier Cri items and then donate them. That is if you just want to get rid of the gold.

Or you can just trash them. Permanently gone.

Bibliophile

It's disgusting how they involve unknowing people into the dirty business of spreading generated gold.

So many people are trying to stabilize the economy by not buying GG's, donating to kickstarters, sinking in goldshops etc. etc. but those same people could very well be spreading trillions of generated gold without even knowing it. They are undoing all their own efforts of stabilizing the economy as well as the efforts of others- and they don't even know it. Staff is making the users do their dirty work for them.

I feel terrible that you got dragged into this nasty business as well. I hope you and all others will be compensated for this and the generated gold will somehow be removed from the system.

Beloved Friend

At this point, they need to take a good long look at this policy of buying user's items for Flynn's Plunder and determine whether it would in fact be better for the economy (and, frankly, their image) to just generate new items for FP instead.

Gaia has always stated that they would NEVER DIRECTLY INTERFERE WITH THE MARKETPLACE, but that is exactly what they've been doing by injecting trillions of gold into the economy there purchasing items. It's a direct turnaround of their past policy and it's scummy. I'm sorry you got caught up in it.
Diosu
eviliven lady

I doubt it's a sink. They'd buy a ticket for 133T and expect another user without test gold to find nearly enough dough to sink MORE than that amount? And why do the staff have things like cream halos. It's likely the mules are making test gold to purchase items for personal use.

Timid Kitten

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It goes to show that "Flynn's plunder" an event supposedly created by Gaia's Staff to fight inflation was never anything more than a flowery event to make users believe that Gaia cared about the economy, and was heeding their community's feedback.

By dumping almost 300 trillion gold into the market for prizes, they effectively rendered the gold sink useless. They were able to satisfy users by thinking the event was helping the economy while secretly perpetuating the problem under their noses and making an extra buck on the side.

And how does Gaia respond to this? Silence. Because there is no valid excuse, no matter how hard they try to skirt the issue aside. It'd be the equivalent of selling millions of children cigarettes to pay for one anti-smoking campaign. No one in their right mind could ever justify the moral merits in this.

The sad part is they honestly think Zero's announcement clarified anything. As if we're stupid enough to believe that they were unaware of the ramifications of funneling all that magical admin gold into the system. Even when the topic was originally brought up, they attempted to dismiss it by telling us the purchase was legit after their supposed investigation. The only reason ANYTHING was done was because MC exposed the inner workings of their mule system, and even then they only reversed the one transaction she had brought to light, because it was the only one being thrown through the dirt, making them look bad. Had they actually cared about the economy, and the contradiction of spending generated admin pseudo-gold they would have immediately reversed ALL the transactions.

It just goes to show that Gaia only cares when their dirty laundry is being waved around to the public.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff