28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Errol McGillivray
San Greal
I hate Art Arena.
It shouldn't be allowed to live. mad
Agreed. It's got so many problems. Mostly just the whole rating system doesn't work. It's all a popularity contest. Edit: We should make a let's b***h about the Art Arena thread. xp
Don't worry, you two.

Once the Battle System comes out, it will replace the Art Arena. I'm kidding.
Manet
I know the site is about anime, and things related, but I think the art shouldn't be JUST people, and charectors, and things like that.
I'm an artist, but I don't do people. I don't think it's very fair that my art gets rejected.

Gaia is a an anime/fantasy themed website. As such, the admins created an art arena to mirror Gaia's themes, and so it features anime, fantasy, and sci fi related art only. There are many sites that are open to all kinds of art, including deviant art and shezzy art, if you wish for places to post all your art. However Gaia's arena is only for art that has the same theme as the site itself.

As for complaints regarding the AA in general: We're /well/ aware that the AA has a lot of problems. ^^; There are numerous changes that I personally would absolutely love to see done to it, however it is not high on Gaia's priority list of features to work on and develop, so we all have to be patient, because it will not be changing anytime soon. As both a user and a moderator I am not happy with this either, however as there is nothing we can do about it, waiting is the only option.
this is just one sight though, theres probably alot of sights like this that arent based on anime. this sight is based on anime so of couarse its going to be about anime and anime have anime realated things. wink

Malevolent Sage

14,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Battle: Mage 100
I have a realistic style that was fine with the ARt arena. Granted, I have yet to get my other fantasy art approved(since I just uploaded.) But my style is realistic. However, I draw fantasy...so I guess you can have realistic pieces, but just themed around Gaia's subjects. Anyway, my pic managed to win 2nd place in the post war....yet even though she is animeish...I get complaints on her face. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff