Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

16,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I know most of you have noticed that the announcements are dominated by the Cash Shop items.

Gaia, is there any way you can please allow us to have either a sub-category of announcement for these GC things to clear up the way for real announcements or at least let me opt out of getting them [because I don't want to see them anymore].

I feel like every item is being shoved down my throat three, four, five, six times a week, it seems. I'm tired of the constant Gaia Cash promotional announcements, especially when you make something like $99 a month seem like a good deal. (Hint: it isn't.)

Please stop your greedy money-grubbing face you've put on recently, it's very unflattering and frankly, I feel you are scaring away a lot of users with your in-your-face promotion of your Gaia Cash. We get it, you're a business, but have some respect for your users. I honestly feel that you don't respect us and that all you want is our money, nothing more. It used to feel like a nice community, but now, I feel like I'm stuck in a corporate nightmare. "Buy! Buy! Buy! Buy! Buy!"

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
This was included in the FAQ for the first returning AtS as the very first item in said FAQ (aka "don't ask us about this during AtS, if you do we'll at best ignore you and at worst warn you and/or ban you from ever participating in AtS again" wink :

admin
Can we opt out of announcements?
The long and short answer to this one is: No. Announcements and staff notices are the best way we currently have to get info about events and sales out to you. While we may look at alternative communication methods in the future, right now we have no plans to change this system. The sales of announcements are how we keep this site up and running- so a big thank you to the Gaian's who read those and take advantage of the sales they offer!

This was one of the only definitive answers given. NO we cannot opt out of announcements. Additionally notice "alternative communication methods" weren't expanded upon to the best of my knowledge AND they made sure to acknowledge those who are actually spending money (not the only time they do this in the FAQ).

From an outsider's perspective I do think Gaia Interactive has turned into a corporate nightmare.

Dapper Codger

16,825 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Jean Noh
This was one of the only definitive answers given. NO we cannot opt out of announcements. Additionally notice "alternative communication methods" weren't expanded upon to the best of my knowledge AND they made sure to acknowledge those who are actually spending money (not the only time they do this in the FAQ).

From an outsider's perspective I do think Gaia Interactive has turned into a corporate nightmare.
I would just like to have a little separation from GC announcements and other announcements, instead of being the same announcement button. It's a little ridiculous that we have at least 10 announcements a day. They're spamming their sales and refuse to listen to the community because that's mama's milk money.

Thank you for your answer, by the way. Just confirms my fears that Gaia doesn't care about us anymore.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
I wouldn't give up. I would keep posting these concerns about announcements regardless. We're unhappy and the staff wants us to post about it, soo.... we're gonna post about it.

They need to do something about the announcements, they really do. I think a different announcement type for GC would be lovely. ESPECIALLY if we can opt out of it. If we can't, at least I know what I should ignore.

Dapper Codger

16,825 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Magically Clueless
I wouldn't give up. I would keep posting these concerns about announcements regardless. We're unhappy and the staff wants us to post about it, soo.... we're gonna post about it.

They need to do something about the announcements, they really do. I think a different announcement type for GC would be lovely. ESPECIALLY if we can opt out of it. If we can't, at least I know what I should ignore.
I just found it insane that they threatened to ban people if they talked about it in the ask the staff encounter. I really do understand that they are a business and need to make some kind of profit, but the way that they force it down everyone's throats, then threaten them if they say anything about it speaks volumes about their attitude.

I know that the best thing I can do is to voice my opinion and refuse to buy GC until a change is made, but I did like to buy the occasional GC item, so that will just have to be suspended for a while.

I think that if they just come out and say that, yeah, they've made a mistake about how they promote GC and they really do value their users, because in the end, the users are what keep this site up and running. Something like that would make users like me more willing to actually put real money into the site again and restore a little bit of faith. It would also help if they would release more gold items in the stores (which I'm sure they'll "remodel" so the gold you pay for items increases exponentially, just like the last shop update).

Edit: I do like that they added cheap costume items to the shops, though. One good thing that new users can actually, you know, afford. ;P

Fashionable Explorer

There are at least 10+ glitches in this event already and no announcements or fixes for them. They are still just working away at cramming LV announcements down our throats instead.

Dapper Codger

16,825 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
l BitterSweet l
There are at least 10+ glitches in this event already and no announcements or fixes for them. They are still just working away at cramming LV announcements down our throats instead.
It's priorities. Having exclusively pay options for the event potions is pretty rotten, too. They made an announcement saying how they fixed everything and are trying to make everything more even. Having gold-pay event potions would be much more fair, if you ask me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff