Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

Hello!

So, I'm currently writing a story, but I need some help along the way. I need someone who is dedicated, respectful, and constructive. I'm willing to pay 1B per chapter edited, and I'm going to estimate that there will be about 30-or-so chapters.

If you think you are willing to do this, let me know! Please link some form of example, either an edit or just pieces of your own. Thank you! heart

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
What kind of editing are you looking for, what sort of story is it, and about how long do you expect each chapter to be? I might definitely be interested.

Tipsy Prophet

AlthIndor
What kind of editing are you looking for, what sort of story is it, and about how long do you expect each chapter to be? I might definitely be interested.

Glad to hear it!

I'm just looking for someone to check my grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and to check if the sentences flow together well. If they don't, then be able to give suggestions and know what needs to be fixed.

From what I've written so far, each chapter will be more or less around 1,000 words.

The story is sort of inspired by Beauty and the Beast. The main character is an 18 year old girl named Clara who's parents were in a fatal drunk driving accident when she was 5. Her father's sister is her godmother (obviously her aunt), so she took Clara in. They wanted a child of their own, but her aunt is infertile, and basically didn't treat Clara as her own. The story takes place in a town called St. Tristan.

Anyway, that's all just backstory. There are world-renowned doctors from London named Ardan Allen and Lilith Allen, who travel all over the world to treat people, especially in the states. They have a 20 year old son named Cain who is following in their footsteps.

In St. Tristan, which is a very conservative town, the family is infamous, as they are rumored to practice black magic. Clara's aunt goes to them in hopes of curing her infertility, and because the wife and husband are in London, she is directed to see Cain. Cain agrees to do it, but for a hefty price, which they can't afford. Cain suggests that Clara be in a contract of servitude in exchange. So it happens, and throughout the story, she learns more about his family and "the truth", and all that jazz. There's a lot that I plan for this story!

Greasemonkey

40,725 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
your neighbor kokoro

Yeah, I think I can do that. Let me scrounge up a sample and I'll PM it to you.

x-iFurryBeast-x's Princess

Kawaii Kitten

13,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
your neighbor kokoro

Glad to hear it!

I'm just looking for someone to check my grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and to check if the sentences flow together well. If they don't, then be able to give suggestions and know what needs to be fixed.

From what I've written so far, each chapter will be more or less around 1,000 words.

The story is sort of inspired by Beauty and the Beast. The main character is an 18 year old girl named Clara who's parents were in a fatal drunk driving accident when she was 5. Her father's sister is her godmother (obviously her aunt), so she took Clara in. They wanted a child of their own, but her aunt is infertile, and basically didn't treat Clara as her own. The story takes place in a town called St. Tristan.

Anyway, that's all just backstory. There are world-renowned doctors from London named Ardan Allen and Lilith Allen, who travel all over the world to treat people, especially in the states. They have a 20 year old son named Cain who is following in their footsteps.

In St. Tristan, which is a very conservative town, the family is infamous, as they are rumored to practice black magic. Clara's aunt goes to them in hopes of curing her infertility, and because the wife and husband are in London, she is directed to see Cain. Cain agrees to do it, but for a hefty price, which they can't afford. Cain suggests that Clara be in a contract of servitude in exchange. So it happens, and throughout the story, she learns more about his family and "the truth", and all that jazz. There's a lot that I plan for this story!

I don't think I'd be able to edit it, but I certainly wouldn't mind reading it!
I'm very much interested! I've done some proofreading in the past -- and actually did some work of the sort irl (though I can't offer samples due to the content being confidential medical info), I can offer some rp posts, etc as examples of my own writing ability?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff