Maybe, let me think about it 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Maybe, but I'd like to discuss some changes 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No, but I have some suggestions 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Not at all 0.25 25.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

Aluminum_Eagle
James Stukov

Yeah, sounds like a move alright. At least my place didn't have to be exactly spotless because it had flooding damage through no fault of my own. ^^; $650 is definitely worth it these days.

I might be. I'm not sure yet. The current threads might still work, just with some tweaking here and there and maybe more information in the intro. If you'd be up for just reposting the whole IC and starting from the beginning, though, I'd be okay with that, too. We didn't exactly get too far and there are already some things I wish I'd done differently, especially with Lita's opener. ^^;

I'm open for a reboot. Only thing my character did that was noteworthy was leave his house.

Dapper Dabbler

James Stukov

Sweet. =D

I'm running the plot past a friend who wasn't planning on joining to see if she can pull anything hook-like but not spoiler-y out of it. Hopefully she'll have some good advice and I can give you guys an intro with a little more direction. sweatdrop

Dapper Dabbler

'NOTHER QUESTION.

Is 'Chiaroscuro' an intriguing name or just pretentiously obtuse? I really like how it sounds but I do worry that it might seem too pretentious. >> The original title was just YuGiOh: Days of Shadow.
Aluminum_Eagle
'NOTHER QUESTION.

Is 'Chiaroscuro' an intriguing name or just pretentiously obtuse? I really like how it sounds but I do worry that it might seem too pretentious. >> The original title was just YuGiOh: Days of Shadow.

Ether sound good to me.

Dapper Dabbler

Bumpin' this again.

@James: Fair enough.

Friend wasn't able to help much, mostly suggestions I already have available. I'm trying to figure out the best way to convey that I'm going for a slow-build Call-Of-Cthulhu investigation-type game.

Dapper Lunatic

Reporting for duty! *Salutes with a totally serious face(totally)* emotion_donotwant

Pyromaniac

Yeah, I think this RP has a lot of potential! I'd love to stick around to see how it all unfolds 3nodding

Dapper Dabbler

Sweeeet User Image I'll start setting up the new thread tonight. Still not sure of the best way to fix up the flavor text, though...

In the meantime, how do you two feel about the name, Noire and carpe? Is Chiaroscuro too pretentious or does it work?

Also if you're all sticking around do you wanna discuss some characters maybe? surprised Other than Stukov's Allen I don't really have an idea of what I'm working with, and it'd be useful for ya'll to get to know each other too.

carpe primam lucem

James Stukov

Lord Krieger Noire

Dapper Lunatic

I like the name. And I was just gonna go with a pretty straight forward guy, very respectful of others and looking to help those in need, and his specialty resides in utility decks such as Gishki and Naturia.

Just updated my real Gishki deck too.

Edit: I feel as if my avatar is now prepared for this RP.

Dapper Dabbler

Ooo, you're gonna run the Gishki deck after all? =D

Hee, nice. Makes me think that I haven't had a good nightmare-fuel avatar in awhile...

Pyromaniac

Chiaroscuro works! Again, I'm suuuuper rusty to Yu-Gi-Oh (I'll have to start from square one, pretty much) so I'll probably have my character run a basic Umi deck with Daedalus shenanigans. As for the character herself ... I'm thinking some kid, fresh out of high school, who gets dragged into YGO because all her friends are playing it and she doesn't like being left out. A real go-getter on the surface, academically well-performing, lots of potential, that sort of thing - she's not used to failure.

Dapper Lunatic

I do have a few little things to point out though Lumi. Mostly in the card types that are banned. For your first reason of why they are unavailable, the fact that they are not period to that time frame, 100% reasonable. As for the second point, where you say you don't care to learn their mechanics, I would suggest completely removing that, it seems a bit hostile to be honest. As for Tuners though, there's no point in banning them at all, as long as Synchros are forbidden the type "Tuner" means absolutely nothing, it turns them into a normal creature pretty much.

That being said though I'm not sure cutting out those kinds of cards is such a good idea. No offense but you'd probably have more people wanting to join if you didn't have them banned, and truth be told by this point these types of cards are so inbedded into the game structure you're kinda eliminating a lot of decks to be used.

For example, I wouldn't be able to use my Naturia deck for the most part. Naturias have a bunch of Tuners, and Synchros and added XYZs add for variety and counter-play for all decks. If you were to remove the Synchros it wouldn't be the end of the world for a deck like Naturias although they would have almost no power because the strongest Naturia units are Synchros (Barkion, Beast, Landoise, Leodrake, and Black Rose Dragon is a good Synchro in any deck [and it looks so pretty!]). The removal of Tuners is what would make the deck completely unusable. Naturia Butterfly, Cherries, Cosmobeet, Tulip, Rosewhip, Vein, and Stinkbug are all Tuners for Naturias. Butterfly, Cherries, and Cosmobeets (I also like Stinkbugs in my deck) are all staples for a Naturia deck not only for their use as a tuner but their uses of their other effects.

So by removing some of these cards you've made a very limited game. This also wards off many people who actually do play the game (not all but many) because their deck of choice is rendered unusable.

Luckily for myself though I don't need to run Synchros, Tuners, XYZs or Pendulums for a Gishki deck but for many other decks these days they have no way of being used at all.

Dapper Dabbler

Lord Krieger Noire

Hmm. You make good points. sweatdrop I mostly have Tuner banned for the same 'time frame' story reason -- I don't want to actually go through the entire card catalogue and figure out which cards were introduced when, so whether it mentions those elements is the easiest method. Trying to stick somewhere close to canon without being too restrictive.

I don't exactly know how Synchro, XYZ, or Pendulum stuff fit into the lore here, either. It's complicated enough without those elements. If I did add them at this point I'd have to figure entire subplots around them to justify their existence in my head, which isn't exactly a bad thing, just a lot more work. Not to mention I'd have to completely rework my NPC decks if they're to have a hope of being competitive...

I dunno. I sound like I'm griping but if you really think it would make things more appealing, or more importantly more enjoyable, I'm willing to put in the effort. ^^;

Dapper Lunatic

Aluminum_Eagle

You don't necessarily have to add them to the lore or anything, and dueling network has every Synchro and XYZ on their site. As for the Tuners again, all players would be doing is ignoring the word Tuner, then it's the same concept of any other card.

Edit: I'm just saying you should keep all of this in mind.

Dapper Dabbler

Lord Krieger Noire

Understood, and duly noted. I can definitely allow for Tuners. I'll have to familiarize myself with Synchro and XYZ before I make any judgments about them, unfortunately. (Thank you for bringing it up, though, it wouldn't have occurred to me that this could be a stopping point for anybody. ^^; )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff