Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Poster

Torchwood: On the Run OOC Thread// Located here.

Torchwood: outside the government, beyond the police. Tracking down alien life on Earth, arming the human race against the future. The twenty-first century is when everything changes. And Torchwood is ready

[Important note: For the purposes of this RP, Children of Earth NEVER happened. That's right, no chanting children, no exploding of the Hub, no evil corruption of the government (Even though that's always there). Buuut, tiny bits of it will tie in. Ie. Ianto and his sister reuniting, Jack seeing his daughter and grandson, & Rhys becoming more of a help with the team when needed..
So, in the scheme of things, it is set post- Exit Wounds, the 4 radio plays, and "Children of Earth" bits.]

Devoted Poster

User Image

TOC
Story
Rules
Character Applications
Torchwood Characters
Original Characters- “Good”
Original Characters- “Bad”
Character Developments
Story Updates
Announcements
White/Ban Lists
Important Links
Reserved
Reserved
Intro Post

Devoted Poster

Story

Torchwood is being hunted. And it’s for something they haven’t done…yet. A group of assassins from another universe cross from their world to Torchwood’s, and they are not happy. These time travelers have seen Torchwood in a negative light, have seen how Torchwood destroyed the Earth they claimed to be protecting. Problem is? It was an alternate universe Torchwood. While traveling to the past to stop them, they somehow crossed timelines as well, making it so they are hunting the wrong Jack Harkness, Ianto Jones, and Gwen Cooper. They’re hunting the ones that will never do the horrific things their alternate selves will do. They’re hunting the ones that will save the world, not destroy it. But these assassins don’t know the difference. They only know their orders, their duty. Wipe out Torchwood before they wipe out the world.

It all begins one quiet night. The day had gone smoothly, not a problem in sight for once, leaving the team open to catch up on overdue paperwork while enjoying one another’s company. Jack and Ianto are left at the Hub preparing to go home to Ianto’s flat together for a nice, quiet dinner of their own (a very domestic routine they’ve picked up for nights like such). Gwen has already left for a nice home cooked meal with her husband, Rhys. When the assassins materialize in the vaults and outside the Hub (intent on destroying those in the Hub and then seeking out the others as needed), it’s a rush for Ianto and Jack to escape with their lives and get Gwen and Rhys out of town. The team may have to split up in the hopes that they’ll discover who these people are and why they want them dead. It’ll push Ianto and Jack closer, their relationship going to a whole new level, but may also destroy them all together in the end. Especially if one of them doesn’t survive...

Who will win? In the end, which side will still be standing; the assassins or all of Torchwood?

Devoted Poster

User Image

Rules:

Literacy and posting. :

Please be able to post a few decent paragraphs. I’m making this a bit more advanced than usual. I expect at least two decent paragraphs, writers block or no. It's really not as daunting as it seems, promise!

No one liners. I swear. I see one liners and I will hunt you down and set Myfawny on you. Oh, and same goes for the ** for actions. Use those and I will completely flip on you. This is a Literate to Adv. Literate role play. I will not tolerate the stars for your actions. WRITE IT OUT! Its not that hard, believe me. Pretend like your writing a book or a fanfiction. I want to know what the characters are feeling, seeing, doing, thinking, etc. Use “” for dialoge and italics for thoughts. Try and do bolded for speech too. It helps people pick it out.

By no means do I expect you to match my posts, just so you know. I know I get a bit carried away, it's how I write.

I also beg you to use size 9-11 font. Nothing smaller, nothing larger. It just helps the role play look much cleaner. You can decorate your posts too. I do it. As long as it doesn't stretch the page and there aren't any blinding colors on it, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd actually prefer it a bit. But it isn't manditory!

No god-moding! I can’t stress that enough. Control your character and your character alone. No randomly killing people without making sure that it’s cleared with the player, and with ME! I need to know if you want your character to die. Even include it in your application if you eventually want your character to be killed off. You can create another character after too if yours is killed.

And again, I need written permission from the character doing the killing, the character being killed, and approval from me about the killing.

Keep things PG-15-ish. No sex or anything. Romance is fine. Kissing is fine. Just no detailed sex. We don’t want to see or read it. Please and thank you! (And that goes for our Captain Jack too. ^^)

OOC posting goes in a bracket, or on the OOC board once it’s made.

Cursing is okay, but please be reasonable. I don’t want you to be cursing every other word. But I know on the show they are quite open with foul and often sexual language. Just be smart with it. There are younger kids on here.

Warn people when you aren’t going to be around too. If you haven’t posted in two to three days without an explanation, your character is going on a small ‘suspension’. If I haven’t heard from you in a few days after, you will be deleted. It just helps keep the RP going, etc. This is a longterm one after all, and I would like to keep it up and going.

Post within a few hours of being accepted PLEASE!!! Nothing is more frustrating than people joining and not posting...

And if you want to quit, I’m okay with that! Don’t be afraid to just send a PM saying you aren’t interested or you don’t have time anymore. It won’t hurt me too terribly and I won’t be upset, please. It just helps me clear up the RP if you let me know you no longer want to stay around. But I do hope you plan on staying.

Applications:

Please don't alter and/or change the profile I provide for you. It's made for a purpose, not just for my entertainment. Yes, there is a teeny tiny application for show characters. It will be quite simple though, never fear. Nothing too stressful. : )

Don't start until I give you permission to please.

Please include one small role playing sample with your application if I haven't role played with you before. I just want to check. It can be anything. (Old posts, a post with your character, the intro post you have planned, etc)

Girls can play guys and guys can play girls. It really doesn't matter to me.

Title your applications Torchwood.

More rules will be added if and when I think of them. Thanks!

Devoted Poster

User Image

Character Applications

Show Characters:

Name:
[The characters name.]
Username:
[Your Gaia Username]
RP Sample"
[Something from an old RP or something you cooked up in your character. Just something to prove you're literate and serious!]

[size=10][b]Name:[/b]
[The characters name.]
[b]Username:[/b]
[Your Gaia Username]
[b]RP Sample"[/b]
[Something from an old RP or something you cooked up in your character. Just something to prove you're literate and serious!][/size]

Made-Ups

Appearance:
[Must be a real photo! Celeb or not, doesn’t matter. But no hand drawn photos!]
Character Name:
[]
Nicknames:
[]
Character Age and Birthdate:
[]
Race:
[Human or Who species only!!!! And no Time Lords. The Doctor is the only one left. Leave it at that.]
Homeworld:
[Who universes only or Earth only. I may allow made up worlds. But no one else from Gallifrey.]
Alliance:
[Torchwood, or the Assassins?]
Job:
[Only if it applies. ]
Biography
[About your home life, growing up, how you came to be here on Earth, etc. At least 2 paragraphs. And GOOD paragraphs.
Personality:
[How you act/react, etc. Add a list of likes and dislikes. 2 paragraphs at least, please.]
Sexuality:
[]
Spouse or crush?
[]
Anything else we should know?
[]
Username:
[]

[size=10][b]Appearance:[/b]
[Must be a real photo! Celeb or not, doesn’t matter. But no hand drawn photos!]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[]
[b]Nicknames:[/b]
[]
[b]Character Age and Birthdate:[/b]
[]
[b]Race:[/b]
[Human or Who species only!!!! And no Time Lords. The Doctor is the only one left. Leave it at that.]
[b]Homeworld:[/b]
[Who universes only or Earth only. I may allow made up worlds. But no one else from Gallifrey.]
[b]Alliance:[/b]
[Torchwood, or the Assassins?]
[b]Job:[/b]
[Only if it applies.]
[b]Biography[/b]
[About your home life, growing up, how you came to be here on Earth, etc. At least 2 paragraphs. And GOOD paragraphs.
[b]Personality:[/b]
[How you act/react, etc. Add a list of likes and dislikes. 2 paragraphs at least, please.]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[]
[b]Spouse or crush?[/b]
[]
[b]Anything else we should know?[/b]
[]
[b]Username:[/b]
[][/size]

Devoted Poster

User Image

Torchwood characters:
Captain Jack Harkness; cyropi
Gwen Cooper-Williams Who is Morgan
Ianto Jones; Padme..Amidala

Others:
Rhys Williams
PC Andy Davidson:
Rhiannon Evans-Davies:
Johnny Davies:
Mica Davies:
David Davies:
Doctor Martha Jones: Cyropi
Grey:

[See a character that isn't on here that you want? PM me about it. If they're alive, they can be played. And yes, Rhiannon and her family can play a part in this. I like the relationship she has with Ianto and I want it to play part!]

Devoted Poster

Original Characters- Allied with Torchwood/Civilians.

Appearance:
User Image
Character Name:
Heather Dawes
Nicknames:
Red
27 on July 31
Race:
Human
Homeworld:
Earth
Alliance:
Torchwood
Job:
Researcher for Torchwood
Biography
Heather was born and raised in London, England, Earth, the Solar System, the Milky Way galaxy. When she was twelve years old, she was ice-skating on a lake during a holiday, fell through thin ice, and nearly drowned before she was saved by her older brother. Despite that, she grew up a cheerful sort of person, and she studied photography in college. She had a boyfriend called Seth until he started drinking and getting violent with her while he was drunk. After a year of putting up with it, Heather broke up with him and focused on her career. She became a professional photographer for a local newspaper and it was going great.. until she got fired. Seth continued to get drunk out of his mind and called her at work dozens of times a day, to the point where she got no sleep and her pictures were getting worse and worse because of the loss of concentration he caused.

After that ordeal, Heather moved to Cardiff in hopes of a quieter life. Little did she know that aliens were running rampant there. During her first week of living there, Heather was very nearly attacked by a Weevil. She was saved by Torchwood, and (much like Gwen,) she followed the group, having taken a picture of the Weevil and threatening to send it in to the newspapers. Of course, they knew that no one would believe her, but she was so persistent (and stubborn) that they decided to give her a shot as their research girl.
Personality:
A bit clueless at first (obviously), but as soon as she knows what's going on, Heather (or Red, as she's known, due to her red hair) becomes friendly, inventive, clever, sarcastic, and all-around sisterly. When she's in love, she's been known to deny it (to the world and herself), and even get angry when someone mentions her acting strangely. She becomes defensive when something is wrong, so it's easy to find out when she's in trouble. She also makes a habit of ripping up the inside of her lips when something is bugging her, so if anyone ever grabs her lip and pulls it down when they suspect she's having a bad day and it's all chewed up.. they know they're right.

While being stubborn as a mule, Heather is also very compassionate and empathetic. She'd never hold a gun (unless she REALLY had to), but she knows how to use one. She's never had any psychic training, but she's got strong willpower, due to the near-death experience she had when she was little.
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Spouse or crush?
Just a crush on Ianto Jones (well, who wouldn't?)
She has an older brother (by 2 years) named Peter and a ferret called Ramsey
Username:
Rose_Tyler713

Devoted Poster

Original Characters- The Assassins.

Appearance:
Forgive me for a lack of photo. I generally hate having to find one that fits enough.

She is a small young woman (about 5'4" ) with a slight frame and not quite curly, mid-length black hair. She looks much younger than she actually is and to an unknowing eye she looks very fragile. However, she has a decent set of muscles on her and is very fit.

Her eyes are baby blue and she's got an oval shaped face. Her features are sweet and rather pretty, but not quite gorgeous and certainly no movie star. She does have a slanted scar across her back.

Character Name: Eirwen Carew

Nicknames: Eira, but is mainly just called Eirwen

Character Age and Birthdate: 23, sometime in the far future in an alternative timeline. She looks about 15.

Race: Human

Homeworld: Alternative Earth

Alliance: Assassins

Job: Scout, hacker. Anything that needs stealth.

Biography
Eirwen grew up in a bleak future caused by the alternative Torchwood. She was orphaned at age five, when she watched the alternative Jack Harkness kill both of her parents in cold blood. He set fire to the rest of the house and she was buried under the rubble. She still has a scar from that night across her back.

She was uncovered by a rescue crew and raised by the assassins. Eirwen has trained herself as a stealth assassin since that day, in hopes of one day getting revenge for her parents. She is quite close to the current leaders of the assassins and her young beau was recently killed in a brief skirmish against their current day Torchwood.

Because of her specialty and long history with the resistance moment, she was sent in the first group to the past in hopes to destroy Torchwood before they destroy the world. Eirwen is very familiar with the photographs of each Torchwood member and has a few plans on how to deal with Jack's immortality, none of which are very pleasant.

Personality: Eirwen has grown up in a very bleak and bitter world and reflects that. She is very sarcastic and tries to put up a hard front. However, she does have a naturally gentle disposition and has been accused of being a bleeding heart. Eirwen is unable to ignore a living being that is suffering, perhaps because she herself was left under the smoldering rubble of her house for so long.

She's got a slight temper that flares up quickly and fades just as fast. Eirwen most often acts first and thinks later because of it. Creativity is her middle name and she's very good at coming up with plans because of it.

Two of the things she likes most in the world are cats and computers. Eirwen is also very fond of sweet tasting things, which she hasn't been able to have a lot of in her life. She dislikes Torchwood, Jack Harkness, fires, and can be easily frightened by a spider.

Sexuality: Open to whatever comes her way.

Spouse or crush? Ivan Redding - Deceased.

Anything else we should know? She's been training since she was five, so Eirwen is very proficient at fighting. Her preferred weapon of choice is a short short, but she is a good shot with hand guns and very good at using her small frame in hand to hand combat. She can be easily over powered, however, if you manage to pin her down.

One of the few things that has kept her alive all these years is her need to avenge her parents. If you can get past her front of being tough, she's a very nice, somewhat shy person.

Eirwen is rather inept in homemaking skills, such as cooking and cleaning. She also hates to be reminded of this fact. Surprisingly, Eirwen has a rather decent singing voice, though she hardly ever uses it.

Username: MemoryDragon

Appearance:
User Image
Character Name:
Magdalene Christiani
Nicknames:
Maggie
27(Born on Aug. 17)
Race:
Human
Homeworld:
Earth
Alliance:
Assassins
Job:
As a member of the Assassin's unit, it is Maggie's job to gain important information about Torchwood without getting caught.
Biography
Aug 17.
That was the day that Magdalene entered the world as a wide eyed, happy baby girl. The only child to be born from the union between Thaddeus and Veronica Christiani, Magdalene was showered with as much love as two parents can give to their child. While Torchwood was destroying the world, the news never reached Magdalene’s young ears in the hopes of preventing their child from losing the one thing that children should never lose…their innocence. However, as hard as they tried, Magdalene could not be protected from the bleak future created by the treacherous Torchwood.

At the age of 12, Magdalene went from an innocent child to a loss soul when she became the only survivor of what would be known in her time as ‘the Massacre of the Angels’. While attending classes at Saint Mary’s, a secret school created by a local resistance group in order to educate the youth in the area, Torchwood decided to pay an unwelcomed visit. Led by Jack Harkness, the children were forced into the inner sanctuary, where they were each shot execution style. The only reason why Magdalene was not apart of the casualties, was because she had been in the infirmary. When Jack came to collect the sick children, the attending nurse forced Magdalene to hide in one of the closets. While in the closet, she was forced to watch as Jack made each one of the children and nurses beg for their lives before killing them. It was at that moment that she swore she would put an end to Torchwood.

Despite her mother and father’s pleading, Magdalene choose to join the resistance at the age of 17. Starting off in a small position in the resistance, Magdalene’s intelligence and resourcefulness quickly propelled her through the ranks until she was chosen was one of the assassins who would be sent to the past in order to prevent Torchwood from ever gaining power.

Personality:
Personality: Thanks to her parent’s nurturing and discipline, Magdalene is one of the more optimistic members of the group. Never one to loose her cool under pressure, Magdalene’s ability to get through any situation without panicking has made her both a valuable ally and dangerous enemy. When dealing with an enemy, Magdalene’s mercy varies depending on the individual. However, when it comes to Torchwood, Magdalene doesn’t know the meaning of the word ‘mercy’. It has become her sole purpose to not only stop Torchwood, but to completely wipe them out of existence. Even if it means her death…

When she is not busy plotting to destroy Torchwood, Magdalene loves to enjoy exotic foods and wines. She also has a huge soft spot for children and will end the life of anyone who seeks to harm them. Besides her hatred for all things Torchwood, Magdalene hates to be placed in small, dark places like closets.

Sexuality:
Straight
Spouse or crush?
No time.
Magdalene is protective of the other memebers of her team, seeing them as the siblings she never had.
Username:
Bluekiss

Appearance:
Again, no photo. Sorry. crying He's got shoulder length blond hair and blue eyes. Very handsome features and very much a looker... and doesn't he know it? Like Eirwen, he's not a body builder and on the skinny side. However, he is very fit and has a lot more body strength than Eirwen does. He's about 5'8" and looks his age.

Character Name: Nick Sarcil

Nicknames: Just Nick, thank you very much.

Character Age and Birthdate: 25 years old. April 29th, sometime in the future.

Race: Human.

Homeworld: The Alternative Earth

Alliance: White Ravens (assassins)

Job: He's a bit of brute force with a inclination to science. He was set to be a doctor, but decided that he didn't really care for blood all that much when he was the one supposed to be helping.

Biography: Even without Torchwood's interference, Nick's home life was rocky. His mother used his father's position in Unit to further her own social status back when days were still good. After Torchwood's attack and Unit's downfall, she left Nick's father alone with two kids because Unit was in disfavor. When Nick was five, his father, Mark Sarcil, managed to smuggle himself and his kids into what was left of Great Brittan so that he could have some contact with the underground resistance movement.

As American kids growing up in Wales, Nick and his sister got picked on quite a bit. A young welsh boy put a stop to that, however, and Kye and Nick soon became best friends. Kye was already a part of the White Ravens and looked out for Nick and Brin while General Sarcil was busy.

Both Kye and Brin were killed because of the curfew law put in place by Gwen Cooper. Nick joined the White Ravens himself after that, to try and replace Kye. Eirwen thinks that this sort of life doesn't suit him at all, however.

Personality: Nick is very much in the shadow of his father and Kye. He's much more inclined to intellectual studies, but he gave that up because he felt he was needed more as a White Raven soldier. He does have a bit of self-esteem issues because he feels he can never quite measure up to either his father or Kye.

Nick is generally easy going, but slightly bitter because of his life experiences. He is a huge flirt that could give Jack a run for his money. However, he can also be very, very stubborn and hard-headed. He's not the easiest to convince of anything if he's dead certain he's right.

One of the things he hates the most is ghost stories. His step father used to torment him with them when he was much younger.

Sexuality: Straight. He couldn't bear to tear himself away from the ladies. wink

Spouse or crush? None at the moment, but he does feel a special attachment to Eirwen. It's not what he thinks.

Anything else we should know? He is very easy to get the better of verbally, a fact which Eirwen and Magdalene have taken advantage of many times.

His father helped found the White Ravens. Even though Nick feels like he can't get out of his father's shadow, he does love and admire him greatly. Mark is also very proud of his son, but hopes one day he'll be able to find his own course in life.

Username: MemoryDragon

Appearance:
User Image
Character Name:
[Abigail Tulavain]
Nicknames:
[Abi]
[20 – Feb 29]
Race:
[Human]
Homeworld:
[AltBoeshane Peninsula/Alternate Earth]
Alliance:
[Assassins]
Job:
[Since she’s new, Abi is mostly the odd job girl, but she does specialize in torture thanks to her experience on the alien ship and with Torchwood.]
Biography
[Born in the Alternate Boeshane Peninsula, Abigail grew up as a mostly carefree child despite her rough start. Her mother, a sickly woman who had barely been able to save her unborn child, died after the young girl was brought into the world. By the time she was three her father also joined the list of the dead. Luckily, she was not abandoned, but instead she was adopted into the family of young Gray and his brother (now known as Jack Harkness). Throughout her childhood years, she was good friends with the brothers, becoming a tag along and a constant playmate for Gray. Life seemed to be going good until about her ninth year of life. The dreaded alien species attacked her home. Abandoned by her adoptive family, Abi did her best to escape, but was captured. Enslaved by the aliens like Gray, she too was put through years of torture and neglect.

Slowly, Abigail began to lose herself, nearly becoming like the monsters that had enslaved her. Using her memories of her childhood and the frightened feeling she got around Gray, she kept her sanity. Later she was rescued from her prison by Captain John Hart and taken to Alternate Earth. Though Hart convinced her that he would come back for her after he rescued Gray, he never returned. Hearing word of a man that fit a rough description of her “brother”, Abi set out to find Jack. She was captured, mistaken for an agent of an organization she would not join until later. Once again put through constant torture and worse, Abi learned to hate the man she called brother. During transport, she escaped thought she would not have gotten far if a Raven’s member known as Nick had not helped her. Afterwards, in hopes of paying back her debt for saving her life, the woman joined the Ravens and accompanies the members on their mission to kill the Torchwood members.]
Personality:
[Deep within her heart, Abi has the capacity for kindness and compassion. Nevertheless, she prefers showing an angrier, detached side. She finds it very difficult to share her feelings with people making her come off as arrogant at times. On the other hand, when she finds someone who can openly accept her, she will automatically pour her heart out with no intention of caring what the person has to say about it.

Though she retained most of her sanity, suffering through endless torture for seven years of her life did not leave her unscarred. Mostly she suffers from extreme mood changes that can happen at any moment based on some trivial comment or action. She has been known to threaten someone and then apologize sweetly afterwards. Taking this into account, she finds herself always wanting exactly what she wants. If she cannot have it, she wants a detailed reason why. If someone cannot give her a definite reason why she cannot have what she wants, she will demand she get it. She is also severely paranoid, keeping a gun on her when she can and always jumping at every little sound and shadow]
Sexuality:
[Bisexual]
Spouse or crush?
[Crush on Nick]
[It has only been eleven years since Abi was taken from her home planet.]
Username:
[ThirteenBrokenHearts]

Devoted Poster

User Image

Character Developments

Deaths:
Peter Dawes- Killed by Nick
Jack Harkness- Repeated deaths.

Reunions:
Ianto Jones and his sister, Rhiannon Evans (Their relationship is strained, but he is making more of an effort to be there for her and his niece and nephew)

Relationships:
Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones- An unofficial “couple” (Jack hates the word couple)
Gwen Cooper-Williams and Rhys Williams- Married.
Heather Dawes and Ianto Jones- One-sided crush. Heather has her eyes on Ianto.
Alternate!Tosh and Alternate!Owen- Fiancee's

Confessions:
Ianto 'confessed' to murder after the mind probe brought up the false memories Adam planted.

Injuries:
Heather Dawes- Took a bullet that was meant for Ianto Jones.
Eirwen Carew- Concussed and had glass embedded in her shoulder
Ianto Jones- Concussed, rope burns to hand, and deep wounds from the mind probes restraints.

Friendships:
The Torchwood team, naturally.

Enemies:
The futuristic assassins and Torchwood.
Grey and Jack Harkness.

Kidnapped:
Alice and Stephen Carter

Devoted Poster

User Image

Story Updates

----

Devoted Poster

User Image

Announcements:
7/30- Roleplay is set up and opens!

User Image

Devoted Poster

User Image

White List:
Padme..Amidala- For taking the time to make this, despite my computer protesting it every second.

Ban List
No one. And I like to keep it like that.

User Image

Devoted Poster

User Image

Important Links

If you haven't listened to the Radio Plays, I highly reccomend them! I'll add the links for the playlists on YouTube in the order they were released. Enjoy!

#1 Lost Souls (Featuring Ms. Martha Jones)
#2 Asylum
#3 The Golden Age
#4 The Dead Line (One of the most beautiful Ianto moments in this one).

Devoted Poster

Devoted Poster

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas