Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinionated Garbage

SayuriAkage
User Image
Jackson

Anger. Disgust. Guilt. All of these rolled off of Deceit and permeated Jackson's head. He thought for a moment that he was going to be sick. More than that though, a sense of intense self-loathing overtook him. Which made sense, since he was so useless. What good was he? He had this power, but he couldn't even use it on everyone, nor could he control it. He was, as far as he had been told, a murderer. He was a murderer without any worthwhile abilities.

Those aren't your thoughts, a voice in the back of his head warned him. It was probably right; there was every possibility that he was taking Deceit's feelings of self-hatred and internalizing them. Jackson shook his head vigorously. He had no great desire to feel like s**t, so he was going to have to learn how to control this power.

"Hey, Deceit," he called up to the high branches in the tree. He gripped a thick limb and pulled himself into the maple, slowly climbing. The emotions grew stronger as he got closer to his friend, but there was something else now. It felt something akin to surprise, but there was something more there. Then it hit him. Deceit was surprised that Jackson had come to visit him, but more importantly, he thought that Jackson was there out of pity. The fae looked up. Deceit was still five feet above him, and Jackson wasn't sure how he was supposed to reach him. "You gonna come down, or am I going to have to figure out how to get up there?"

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Miramoto Manor ~

User Image

There was faint rustling of movement below, and Deceit let out a low moan. It was probably Jasmine, as she usually tried to comfort him after a feeding. Little to his knowledge, Jasmine was actually busy with her own captive, one of the three that came with her former overseer. Still, Deceit wasn’t ready to deal with her, so he sat up, ready to jump onto the branches of the tree next to him to escape. Or at least try to.

He was taken by surprise when instead of Jasmine’s soft, feminine voice, the firm voice of Jackson called up to him. Why was he here? Was he here to call the lessons off, now the he has seen Deceit feed? Just when Deceit thought that he could feel more nauseous, he was proven wrong.

Before he knew it, Jackson was already in the tree. He was a fast climber, but right now wasn’t the time for Deceit to appreciate it. He looked at Jackson below him; if the man had jumped, he’d probably be able to grab onto Deceit’s foot. However, jumping in a tree was probably not the best of choices. Swallowing his uneasiness, Deceit withdrew his legs, crouching and getting ready to jump.

”I… I don’t want to come down.”

There were probably many other things he could have said, like ‘Why are you here?’ and ‘Get away from me.’, but he didn’t want to hear the answer to the former, and didn’t want to hurt Jackson with the latter. Ashamed, he looked down. He didn’t want to hear what Jackson had to say to him, but somewhere in the deepest parts of his heart, he wanted to jump into the man’s arms. He had already opened to Jackson so much; much more in the past twenty-four hours than with any other member of the household over the past twenty-four months. What would he do if Jackson were to crush that now? Would he ever open up to anyone else? Deceit didn’t want to think about it, and lightly shook his head to clear it of thoughts.

Mangekyo-User85

Please be wary of how much you god-mod Deceit's emotions; more often than not, you are quite close, which allows me to adjust. However, at times, your guesses may not be so accurate. I will do my best to adapt when I can, though.

Opinionated Garbage

SayuriAkage
User Image
Jackson

"If you don't come down, I'm going to have to come up." Jackson wondered if he could make it into the tree. He could probably jump up, but that would end badly if he lost his footing for even a second. Falling out of the tree at this height would leave him with some pretty serious injuries, if it didn't kill him.

The fae considered his options. He could try and pull Deceit down, but what good would that do? He was here to comfort his friend, not drag him kicking and screaming back to the manor. Besides, he didn't want to risk hurting the boy. He could try to pull himself up higher, but the branches were getting thinner and thinner. He had no doubt that they could support the weight of one person, but both him and Deceit? He wasn't so sure.

As he mulled over what exactly he was going to do, he could hear the tree branches creak. However, they were not straining and cracking-- instead, the branch on which he was standing was growing, slowly moving upward, as though reacting to his desire to be near Deceit. Lady Yura had said that she knew of a fae who could communicate with plants. Was this an instance of his own ability to do the same? And if it was, how quickly were his powers going to develop? After spending his whole life thinking that he was powerless, this had been an eventful day.

"It's not your fault, Deceit. You can't control your nature."

Quote:
Will do. Sorry about that. I'm used to writing short stories and the like, where there's an omniscient narrator. Also I should be done disappearing now that midterms are done.

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Miramoto Manor ~

User Image

Deceit’s heart skipped a beat. Jackson said that he was coming. Does that mean he’s not disgusted by him? Was there a possibility of them continuing their lessons? Deceit swallowed once again, eyes wide and watching the other man look around for possible roots. For a moment, he forgot all about what happened tonight, his feast, his horror, everything.

When the tree started creaking, Deceit nearly jumped out of his skin. Holy ****. Did it just move? Was this Jackson’s doing? While his eyes were looking around for the source, he instinctively backed up further out onto the branch in fear until he heard Jackson’s voice again.

It wasn’t his fault? It wasn’t? But he killed the girl! If it weren’t for him, perhaps she would’ve lived. He was a monster. Everyone at the manor knew that. Hell, it was even his pet name outside of the manor! How could it not be his fault?

Still, part of him ceded to Jackson. He wanted to believe the man who blamed his nature. Wasn’t there anything he could do about it? Still out on the now quivering limb, he once again cast his eyes down and whispered softly, ”I… don’t want to do this anymore. I want it to stop.”

Mangekyo-User85
I understand, which is why I'm willing to adapt. Congratulations on completing your midterms. I hope you did well.

Opinionated Garbage

SayuriAkage
User Image
Jackson

The branch grew and rose until Deceit and Jackson were nearly at eye level. The fae cautiously took a step onto a branch beside his friend, and the limb receded to its previous position. Great. Another power he'd have to report to their mistress. "That woman was going to hurt Jasmine," Jackson reminded Deceit. "Jasmine. Your friend. You did what you had to do to protect her." If anyone was going to take the blame for the dark elf's death, it was him, not Deceit. The woman had begged him to kill her instead of bringing her to Yura, and he had ignored her desperate pleas.

Jackson moved toward Deceit, slowly at first, and then quickly. He wrapped the boy in a hug, noting his precarious footing and praying Deceit wouldn't pull away. "You did what you had to do, Deceit. What you have to do." He gripped Deceit tightly, and their branch began to droop. The tree was reacting to him again, this time bringing them back to the ground instead of helping him get higher.

"It's not your fault, Deceit."

Quote:
I think I did well, thanks!

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Miramoto Manor ~

User Image

Deceit’s stomach churned. Was he protecting Jasmine? No, he was protecting the mistress. Perhaps, not even protecting; it was his duty to relieve the mistress of any unnecessary stress, as a thank you for making him what he was today. Even if that meant killing. However, killing was one thing; torturing and slaughtering was another. Still, Jackson had a point; he did what he had to do, to keep living and serving his mistress. As much as it disturbed him, it was a fact of his life; he must keep feeding.

Although Deceit arrived at the same conclusion he did after every feeding, this time, it just wasn’t the same. Instead of spending a lonely, cold night out in the surrounding forest, jumping at every sound in fear of haunting spirits, he found himself in the arms of someone warm. Sure, Jasmine was also warm, but it seemed that only in Jackson’s arms could he let his barrier melt away. Gripping Jackson twice as tightly as the man gripped him, he buried his face into the man’s shirt and began crying. He had always been told that crying didn’t change anything; this time, though, Deceit realized that it felt damn good. He shook between his sobs, not even noticing that he was now much closer to the ground than before. All that mattered was that there was a man in front of him, who has seen his worst and is still willing to hold him. Deceit didn’t want to let go.

Mangekyo-User85

Opinionated Garbage

SayuriAkage
User Image
Jackson

"It's okay," the fae repeated. Then, he did all that he knew he could; he let Deceit cry. The boy's sobs shook them both, but Jackson did not complain. He rubbed the boy's back and held him. "It's okay, Deceit. You're okay." The boy cried, and Jackson could feel something like relief slowly creep into the boy. Yes, crying helped. Though he didn't often cry, he knew that it could be a cathartic experience.

God, Jackson never thought that he'd be spending his first day with a new master with a crying boy. How strange it was that he, out of all of the slaves in that shop, had been selected to serve Lady Yura. How lucky, too. "Come on, Deceit. It's late. Come inside."

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Miramoto Manor ~

User Image

Upon Jackson's suggestion to go inside, Deceit swallowed down a sob and nodded. He was tired now, tired from the activities during the day, the hunt during the evening, and the torment during the night. He was reaching a state that some parents would call "all cried out." Yes, he was tired, and would like nothing more than to fall asleep where he was, against the chest in front of him.

However, Jackson would probably find it hard to move while Deceit clung onto him like that. Reluctantly, he let go of the man and looked down upon his feet, waiting for Jackson to lead the way back indoors.

Mangekyo-User85

Opinionated Garbage

SayuriAkage

User Image
Jackson

Jackson let the boy finish crying and then took him by the hand. With his free hand, he gently wiped the tears from Deceit's eyes. He planted a kiss on the other's forehead. "It's okay, Deceit." The boy released him and stared at the ground.

"You're okay." Gods, Jackson felt like a broken record player, repeating the same thing over and over again. He had no idea how to comfort people. He'd been marked and used as a lover, not a pet. Pulling Deceit by the hand, he led the boy back into the manor. Thankfully, they didn't pass anyone on the way back inside. The fae didn't think that Deceit wanted anyone to see him like this.

"Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight?" Jackson offered. As soon as he asked it, he knew that it could easily be mistaken as the most inappropriately-timed sexual advance ever. Besides, he'd known Deceit for only a day. What the hell was he doing? Of course the younger slave would not want to stay with Jackson, who was practically a stranger.

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Miramoto Manor ~

User Image

As soon as Deceit heard Jackson’s suggestion, he immediately gripped the man’s arm again. He opened his mouth to say something, but couldn’t think of what he could say. Really? Could he have Jackson’s company for the night? If he could rest his head against the man just as he had done so outside by the maple tree, maybe Jackson could chase away his nightmares for him.

”…” While Deceit was still in shock at his suggestion, he didn’t realize that he was looking at Jackson with pleading eyes, and as time passed, the hand gripping Jackson’s arm started shaking. In relief? In happiness? Who knows?

Finally, Deceit looked down again and gave a nod.

Mangekyo-User85

Interesting Shapeshifter

17,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Moon Soulhart
Hello! You are online! It's been a while. What have you been up to?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff