Welcome to Gaia! ::

ENDGAME is finally here. Will everyone make it out alive?

Yes! 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 2 ]
Most of them will 0.35714285714286 35.7% [ 5 ]
No : ( 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 4 ]
I hope everyone dies and UMA wins 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]

Neka1's Husband

Angelic Husband

23,625 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Married 100
User Image
Pollux Volt, Paul Orion

FIRESTORM FORMATION GO! ||| Stand and Fight! ||| Face Everything and Rise ||| His Iron Will, the Blackened Battle Cry
Current Charge: 10,000 volts
Pollux Status: Paul this is getting too dangerous!!!
Paul Status: ...We gotta do as X says. It'll be okay, Pollux.
Action: Attacking the left arm on the count of three

"MEGAMERGE! Shield the sparks of hope! Pollux Volt!"
*~*

There was a moment, when Paul's blade connected with Sigma, when he watched his attack, his best attack, parried, where Pollux couldn't keep a brave front. Their views clashing, Paul and Pollux broke sync. The pair were listening to the others around them. X was calling for a strategy. Even through his anger, the boy could take orders. His blind fury had been somewhat calmed when the lightning discharged from Pollux's system. He was still mad... really mad... but he'd been shaken. He had to have a new plan if he wanted to protect those he held dear. As the debris was gathering, Paul made a call over the radio. "I'll attack the left arm. Someone count down. I will be there at one."

The tone was different. It was very clear the boy was still very angry, but it no longer bore an eerie calm. His emotions were now coming through in his words. Sadness, anger. He was still trying to come to grips with what had come to pass. But through all of that, he still had the will to fight. To stop the madman causing it all. Of course, this was when he saw the bowling ball of molten death. Paul's expression said it all. He could feel the heat from here and it was only rolling their way. They had to move. He was closest to Zero and Kizuku, to whom he held hands out to. "Zero! Kizuku! Take my hand."

'Paul! This is really bad! Sigma's way stronger than we are there's no way we could-OHMYGODITSONFIREPAULPLEASEMOVE!' came Pollux's somewhat delayed reply to the situation at hand. The pair, should they take his hand, would be carried as fast as Paul could manage away from the death ball. Carrying the pair of them wouldn't be much of a hindrance, but Paul wouldn't be ready immediately should someone start a countdown while he was helping get people out of danger. Additionally, he would wince as they took hold, as a result of suddenly feeling just how many cuts he'd taken going up through the debris rain. It wouldn't stop him, but he would become aware that he'd have to be more careful. If a countdown would start, he'd race for Sigma, aiming for his left arm with a vertical strike with his broadsword at one. This was of course assuming he wasn't carrying anyone. Otherwise it was likely he'd be off timing by a second or two.

(( Sneaking this post in on vacation. I'll probably not be able to pull another one til Friday tho, so please forgive me. Q~Q Feel free to ghost Paul along if you need him again before then. ))

*~*
"uggghhh... I should have seen this coming..."

User Image
User Image
"If I keep having things snatched away from me, I'm going to go insane"

K I Z U K U
X X XHP〖 ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋
X X XLOCATION 〖 Abel City
X X XPHYSICAL CONDITION〖 Stable
X X XOOC〖 Dio said he will be posting later ( o u o )7
X X XTHEME〖 ENIGMATIC FEELING

"Must you keep taking things from me? I'm going to fall apart"

She was swearing under her breathe as she once again glared at Sigma. Firestorm formation got blocked, but it would seem X had figured out the pattern. The reploid cursed when the attacks had bounced off but at least now they know what to do…though there was currently a giant ball of flaming trash rolling towards them and leaving destruction in its wake. Given the chance she would have wanted to punch the giant boulder despite the damage she could end up taking. However, they have something more serious to take care of. The city’s already a battlefield full of destruction anyways.

Looking to Paul, Kizuku did take the Thunderbug’s offer and it wasn’t until she looked up at him that she realized the state he was in. She winced as she took noticed of his arm, and it wasn’t until they were out of danger and on ground again that she finally spoke in this battle, “Thank you, Paul. Be careful.

She took in a deep breath before calling on the radio, “I’m taking the right arm.

Kizuku smashed her fist into a nearby wall to start up a charge before following Paul's example. She would try to dashing in along with Paul to strike at Sigma’s right arm with a two charged shockwave.

Intergalactic Prophet

User Image
User Image

tab The Final ConflictUser Image
tab GPS says: Abel City, Battle at Maverick Hunter Base
tab Anthony Status:
tab Antares Status:
tab OOC:
tab tab ~Damage Threshold: [[Low]] [[Mid]] [[High]]
tab tab ~Fire Elemental System: ???
tab tab ~Firebrand Assault: Used [////]

They grunted when they saw that they couldn't make it to Sigma in time to bring down his defenses for Paul's Firestorm attack. Still they pressed on seeing their allies around them continuing to assault Sigma in order to divide his attention. For their part Antares and Anthony plunged toward Sigma and lunged directly through the fiery mass he had hurled out. They plunged into the burning sphere of molten debris and emerged out the other side the flames engulfing them Flaring out in a sudden burst at the rise in temperature. They took serious damage from the feat, but pressed on taking that flame and aiming directly for Sigma's chest aiming to take advantage of the distraction of Kizuku and Paul if for no other reason than to create an opening or those who would come later. Their burning blades arched through the air with a crackling his as the embers of the fire that slowly consumed them trailed through the air.
User Image
⊚Zero⊚

⊚Location: Abel City, Ruins of Hunter Base- Final Confronation
♪ Night ♪
⊚Out of Character: blahblahblah

'I've been dead before..'

Zero tapped into Paul's Radio COMM and began a countdown..

"3..2.."

He super-charged his Z-Blade, funneling every bit of Energy he had inside of him into the core of the weapon. Zero felt a heat rising in his chest. Like something..trying to reach it's way through.

"What are you doing?!" Zero screamed and to his surprise he heard a response:

Helping you. You can't beat Sigma. Not the way you are now. Let me do this. Please

"Why should I trust you? After everything you've done?!"

Because you are out of ideas. You've got a pointy stick, I've got a near infinite well of power for you to tap into should you want it. Trust me. Remember, if you die so do I.

Zero was charging forward, his Blade literally seeping with Energy as Sigma was coming into close quarters range.

He had absolutely no desire to give himself back to the darkness inside of him. At this point though did he really have a choice?

"If you try anything..I'll destroy myself. We'll do it together. One time, and one time only! MEGAMERGE! OMEGA ZERO! HERALD OF FURY!"

User Image

Zero roared in agony as he swung his Z-Blade at Sigma's chest as Anthony followed suit. His body was literally morphing mid-slash, his Z-Blade actually transforming into Omega's massive bestial Claw hand.

"BATHE IN EXTINCTION!"
Zero/Omega yelled simultaneously as all of their attacks traveled towards Sigma.

'..Nothing else can surprise me at this point!'
User Image
⊚Megaman X⊚

⊚Location: Abel City, Ruins of Hunter Base- Final Confrontation
X's Theme
⊚Out of Character: blahblahblah

'I'll fight all the Mavericks in the world if I have to..'

X didn't waste any time. Pressing after his teammates, X dashed several times- pushing the propulsion systems in his boots to their limits to keep up. He charged up the Buster Cannon and pointed it straight at Sigma as he came to a sudden stop. X had to get this shot just right. When Sigma's defenses were cracked he would take the shot. Take Sigma out if he could..and salvage this nightmare of a night into some kind of victory.

"SIGMA!" X was about to click the trigger on the Buster Cannon when things got..weird.

The Rain that had been falling up to this point simply stopped and floated in the air, unmoving. His team..even Sigma had all frozen in place. The only thing that appeared capable of moving at this point was X. He staggered forward in confusion and looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. "Wha-?"

User Image

The tall( roughly 8 feet or so) figure hovered just above the ground as he tapped X on the shoulder and spun him around.

"Hello! I apologize. I do hope I'm not late..that would be awfully terrible. For everyone. I believe reality may indeed crumble if I'm even a second, just a second off."

X stared at the figure and blinked several times to make sure his circuits weren't fried and this wasn't a hallucination.

"Who..who the hell are you? What did you do!?"

The figure cocked his head and chuckled. "OH! Oh of course! You don't know me do you? Not yet anyways. Well allow me to re-introduce myself. I am called 'Timeman'. Yes! In fact I'm a bit early! This is perfect. Absolutely splendid. I feel I should let you know..this strategy you've devised will fail".

X was still attempting to wrap his head around whatever this was before responding: "..What do you mean fail? Our simultaneous attacks will put a crack right through Sigma's barriers and allow me to fire my weapon and punch a hole clean through his chest. This plan will work".

Timeman shook his head in an almost instinctual response. "Actually..in over 3.5 billion other variations of this exact moment you fail to defeat Sigma and you die. Well actually the Red human one dies first. Then the Yellow one..finally the big Red one with the long hair..I believe the Blue one on the floor over there is next and THEN you. Sigma wanted you to watch first. You see he was aware of what you were planning and saved JUST enough Energy to create one final barrier to prevent you from taking the kill-shot. He then uses the following 1.3 second window created by that defensive measure to stab that human boy there through the chest and kill him instantly".

"3.5...billion? Wait back up..who the hell are you? What are you talking about!" X was growing frustrated with this 'Timeman'..a part of him was even suspicious of him being some kind of trick by Sigma. This was just so..out of nowhere. Why now?

"Unfortunately I don't have...oh this is going to be good..the TIME to explain it all to you. Oooooh puns puns puns..the truth of the matter is this X..your timeline in particular is special. Normally I wouldn't even be here but, sometime from now you and your friends are going to draw my attention after you get into some nasty business which will bring us all back to this point here. I have never involved myself in the affairs of beings inside Timestreams before..until now. Though there have been plenty of versions of 'Megaman X' throughout existence..none have ever been quite like you. You have always been in the forefront of every other Timestream I have ever seen except here. Why is that I wonder.."

X kept his weapon trained on Timeman and circled him. "What's your point..and you still didn't answer my question. Not really. If you won't tell me who exactly you are then tell me why you are here?!"

Timeman put up a hand to silence X, the expression on his face becoming dire and serious: "This version of Megaman X needs to survive. If you and your friends die than Time itself will be ripped apart at it's seams. Existence will collapse from within itself and EVERYONE dies. Well at least in this moment. You are welcome to die AFTER today but, at least here you cannot. This is a point in time where ALL of you are supposed to be here. Or at least the most relevant ones. The events that drew me here also drew them. We all need to be here to repair what has happened to Time. The problem is not your strategy or your technique X. The problem is you simply did not have the numbers on your side."

Around X ripples in space and time appeared all around him as 5 individuals stepped through. All garbed in Blue Armor and resembling him to varying degrees. One of them even looked like him in his original Armor. What caught X's eye immediately was Rock. Standing in the middle of this group.

"Rock..?"

Megaman didn't say anything at first but, he did smile warmly at X. "We can help you break through Sigma's defenses X but, it's going to be up to you and your friends to take him down. Ok? We'll do it together".

X felt his eyes well up underneath his visor as he shook Rock's hand. "Fine. I have no idea what is going on but..this is the greatest moment of my entire life".

Megaman shook his head as he placed his other hand on X's. "No. The best is yet to come".

The Mega-Men all formed into a Line as Time slowly began to wind back to normal. X re-aimed his Buster Cannon at Sigma as a blinding Rainbow of Energy charged around the Mega-Men.

'KATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM'

User Image

As the Blast poured into Sigma both Timeman and the Mega-Men disappeared, their bodies fading out of existence. X lined up the sight of the Buster Cannon..ready..aim..

"..1"

Fire.

'..but, if I can find a better way, I will'

User Image

As time returned to normal Sigma could swear he saw something impossible..if only for an instant. A row of blue tinted Reploids that disappeared in the blink of an eye.

X?

The consecutive attacks of Team Zero were deflected by Sigma's Barriers but, the massive burst of Energy that slammed into his chest shattered the Shield. He anticipated that X was aware of his strategy and he was going to make his move.

How? How did he beat me? How!?

X's Buster Cannon shot appeared to be traveling in Slow-motion as Sigma watched it heading straight toward him. Sigma's eyes widened and his mouth gaped as the Charged Cannon shot impacted his exposed vulnerability.

The Buster shot bounded off of Sigma's internals before exploding out his neck. Purple lubricant fluid guzzled from the wound and poured down Sigma's chest as he collapsed to the ground.

"Guuhh..guuh..I will not be denied! DIE!"

Sigma extended his left arm's blade towards X, the tip of the weapon cleaved into his stomach. Sigma shouted in pained anger as he retracted his Blade back: "The truly funny part about all this..is in the end..I still win..heheheheh...goodbye X."

He fell face first onto the concrete as he reverted back to the prior form. Sigma's body rapidly crackled and popped with electricity before combusting into a massive explosion that rocked the whole of Abel City. When the dust settled and the smoke dissipated Sigma was gone..X was still there, on his knees as he fell into a deep..deep sleep.

Mankind has always wondered..

Do machines dream? If they do what do they dream about?

X dreamt of the same things most real men did. His family, his future. He also dreamed a brighter future that would be brought forth by Sigma's defeat.

Sigma didn't need to dream about what could happen. He already knew. Even as his physical form was gone, the Sigma Virus still existed through the Internet. It would only be a matter of time before Sigma constructed himself a new body to make his home. He would return..in due time..

No. You won't.

What? Who is this? How are you speaking to me?

There's nowhere you can hide from me.

What are you doing to me..I can feel myself disappearing..I can't remember..what are you doing to me!?

Deleting you. Permanently. Like any other Virus. We were ready for you Sigma, we knew you would escape. It's over.

NO! I WILL RETURN! ONE DAY! I WILL COME BACK! YOU CAN'T KILL ME..YOU..YOU..I..who am I? What..how did I get here? What am I? Uh..uh..

Everything that you are is leaving you. In a matter of seconds you won't even be able to spell your name much less hurt anybody ever again.

I..I...I..D͏̙̪͍̜̠̫o̤͎͔̜̻̙͙͡ct͎͖̫̺͜o͕̮̪̼̮̦͍͝r̵̘̖̥͖̪͖̪ ͏C̥a̮i̸̝͈̰̰̟͍̜n͚̰͖͙.̦̺̹ͅͅ.͏͚̟̱̦͇͎͍i̬̠̝̝̼s̩̮̜̕ ͎̰m̩̣̮̦y̹̖̞͚̙̥ͅ.̴̘̻͙̗̟̞.͇̮̮̠̳̰d̗̙͕͉͉a̷̗̜̹̘͇d̖̼̰d̴͉͓̲̥y̵..̘́.͔͙͕ͅŕ̫͓̯͉̰͍̺i̮̹͎͍̺̞̻g̹̀ḩ̬̙̮ţ̻̥͉̟̬?̛̮.̡̮̹̱.͓̘̰̪̦̼͔.̳͍̟1̹͖̯̭̞̘.͍̮͔͝.̡͉͍̤̞̥̳.͕̜͚ͅp͉͍̯̟l͖̼͉͔u̜̺s̢͍̣̠͎̩̪̺.̯̼͍͎̟̫̩.̻̥͖̜͉1͍͉͍̙͘.̤̝͙͔̘.̲̕e͔͖̱͕͇͖͘qu̜͖a̹̹̮̙̠̟͜l̞̼̲͖̠̥ͅs͙͓̥͖͓̭.̧̖.̧͙͉2̬̱2̰͝2̸2̛͔̟̖͔0̴̦͍0̵̖̠ͅ1͍͎̟̤0͙̳͟1͍̭͙͎ͅ01̠͓̘͖0̦̖̣̙ͅͅ1̥̯͇̞̦̜01̤̯̳̱̰̫̹0҉̮̭͕̤͍1̧̭̟̱̟̖̱0̵͈͈̪1̛͍͉͚͉̘0̥̣̫͡1̟̟̩͍͇0͟01͟0̥͙̙͖1̜̮͕0̬̻̪̥̳͓͠ͅ1̠̲̹̻͓͈0̷̳̹̭0̜̮͍̲̲̯̣1͏̺͇͉0̞̻1̫̮͕̗͈͔ͅ0͕͇̟̗̠0̕1̹̳͈͡ͅ0̻̝̻̱̳͝0̮͖̗̮̦10͟0̳͍͞0͠0͞0̱͇̰̹͖̤000͚̤̩0̥0̱̮̯̮͍͠0̺̥̝̝͘ͅ0̯̖̼̩̖0͓̼̥̭͉̦̳0͇̪͉̲̮0͇͖̭̤͉0͏͙0̣̣̮̣̲0̞̥͜0͢0̝̹̀0̶͓͇͚̭ͅ0̗0̫̥͇0̗̠̯00̵̤̙͔̘̪̙0͖͔͜0́0̴̱̤̺͓ͅ0̶̤̲̠͈̲̲0̻̞͍̜͔0̗0̳̣̫̦̼͎̖0͝0͇̼̜̘0̤͡0̟0̼00̱̠̪0̺̫͟0҉͍̹̖̼̭͙0̲͎͍ͅ0̦̬͍̫̣̮0̠0҉͈0̻̤̟̠̜̤͢0̣͍0͙̞̰̀0͓0̖0̩̯̩̬̫ͅ0͕0̡̮̥̝̠͉̭0̵͖̥̪ͅ0̜̟̣̙̹̪̬0̞0̦͚̬͈̠̲͕0̛̤̩̬͍̩0̝̱̗͙͍̤̜0͈͇̜ͅ0̧̺͈̘00̟̦̣0̰̟̗͍͞0̰̖ͅ00̻̼̜̱̣0̟0̺̘̝̯̜̥͕0̫͍̠̞̹͖͘0̦̞̖̺̩͎͢0̡̠͚̝̖̭0̳̻̟̻0̖̯̝͖̰̬ͅ0͙̼͍̞̙̕0̼̙̟͕͎̦̺0̤͖͈̗̀0͉͜0̹͎0̡͙͙0̛͇͈̥̮͇͙0̧͎0̳̦̘̜͟0̳̠0̵0̖̞͓̗̗̯0̸͎̺̮͔̳͈0̣̹̺̩͍̀0̙̯0͈͙̠̩0͕̻͇0̷̭̭͕̠̞0̯̩̯̺0̺̫̩͕̥0̡̯̳͖ͅ0̡͇̦0͇0̦̞̮̖́0͍̳0̢̩̭̞0͟0̧̭̤͎͔0͖̲̜͖̮̭̳0̵̝͉̬̠̙͚0̥͔̹̣͙ͅ0͓͚0̰͈͔̲̯̗0̣̞̼̀0̲̫̹̱̩͠00̥̲0̨̯̟̘̝͇̮0̟̪̜͔̰0̝͎̩͟000̶̝͚̲͙̜͖̲0̝̟̲0̧̼̠̱̹̺0̷̞̝̮͕0̠͔0̛͖̜̱̘0̠͎̯̳̟0͖̭̝̘00̡̩0͚0͈0̷0̦͍͉̼͔̺͓͝0̣͓͖̪͕͉0̨0͜0̵0̱0̧̫̘̳̯0̷͕̠0̳̖̰̟͍͘0̢0̠͍̬͖̗ͅ0̻̩̩̥0̲͕̬0̢̯̭̥͙̲̯0͓̻͔̣0̳̠̯͝0̝̩̝0͕̹̜̫͚̮̲0̝͓̘̥̱͍0̘͔̘̤0̥̣̪̲͙͙0̺͙͕ͅ0̳̩͟0͇͉̖͉̦̖͙̕0̼͎̹͙͖͔͚0̱͎̥̮̰̕0̷̳̩̞00҉͉00̼0̲̦͉͈̗́ͅ0̱̜̱̼̠ͅ0͈͖̥̠0̟̹̼0͍͕̝̰̣̀ͅ0̨̮̫͖0͖͖0͏̼̟̬̼̱͕0̧̤̪̪̠̯0͍͎̘̫̺̦̭1͇̥͖̳̼͡0̜͍͓̙͡1͍͍͘0̫1͓̰̠̟͖0͓̰͎̼͓͍̀0̮̙͡0̡͍̥0̷͈͕0̧0͟0̬̘̳̱́0̧͕̣0̞̩̻̞͚͠0̻̰̙̲̬͝0̡1̮̼0̗1̧̘͉͚̞0̨̗͕͎̰̱
̵

(I will make a post after this one. Please wait for more instructions)

X's eyes opened though he could see nothing. He was surrounded by blankness.

"Oh..I'm sorry. One sec".

He heard the sound of a switch 'flick' as his vision was restored to him. X could tell immediately that something had changed. He sat up on his bed and was delighted to see Alia sitting at his side.

"You're finally up. Sorry about your Optics. Forgot to turn them on..brace yourself X."

X stood up and felt his body leap back a foot as he examined his appearance in a Standing Mirror to the right of his bed.

"Your armor was too badly damaged..we used blueprints from your original armor designs to come up with this one. It's not nearly as powerful as the one you built yourself, sorry about the Buster Cannon, we had to make do with what we had. It's been 2 months X.."

"Megaman.EXE did exactly what he was supposed to. Sigma tried to escape through the NET..we stopped him X. He's gone. For good. Are you going to be okay?"

X's eyes met Alia's and all he could do at the moment was to smile. He placed a hand on his X-Buster. Old and New at the same time..he kinda liked that.

"Not just okay. Alia..I'm better than ever!"

User Image

Sigma's forces fled soon after their Master was destroyed. They retreated to Galahad's Castle where they would still be relatively safe for the foreseeable future. At least until the Hunters regrouped. HSM escaped or was mopped up soon after..Most HSM Agents retreated into obscurity as the Hunters did what they did best. Hunted.

(( Post one last time as your respective characters. Give a decent sized epilogue to your character and where they ended up 2 months after Sigma's defeat. It can be just a post explaining this information or a post as your character, it's up to you and how special you want to make it or if you want to work with another Redux Member on something interesting for your last post. Up to you.)))

Neka1's Husband

Angelic Husband

23,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

Everyone Consents to My Whims ||| Asking Questions to the Wall
Where I'm Operating: Abel City - The Prison
Thoughts: Prometheus, maybe someday you'll rEsCUe me~! AHAHAHHAHAHA
Out of Test Subjects: N/A

There had been fighting then. She remembered the flashes of light, voices telling her to surrender. She flipped out of her bed, narrowly avoiding the mechanical arm that feigned to thik it could hold her here.

THUNK

Of course, this was all an illusion, a daydream. The woman chose not to remember the rest. Those times were trying. Trying times, they were. Her army, fallen. Her love, gone. She pushed herself up to her elbows, the concrete floor mocking her suffering. She gave it a piece of her mind and an outstretched tongue. She didn't care what it thought of her anyway.

Her plan had gone through without a hitch. She was blamed. Not Prometheus, not Flannery, none of the other researchers. Just her. They wanted to pin things on them but she wouldn't let them. She'd recited every file, down to the bitmaps. Dr. Cessair was a brilliant defender of her word, and the various consent forms certainly aided her claims. She did Prometheus right, just like she promised. One day, he'd come back. He'd rescue her and they'd go after the scrap metal again. Just like the good old days. She sat up, hunched over as her eyes were blocked by her hair. The woman's clothes were ratty, torn. Her form seemed almost pathetic as she sat like an animal on the floor. She could see those glorious days with Prometheus. Smell the fresh research. And her precious Sephtis would be there, obedient as ever, Flannery and his daughter's heads on pikes. It'd be gLOrioUs. She let out a manic giggle from within her cell. A nearby warden told her to silence herself. Her response was vicious and swift. "Silence yourself inferior! One day, you'll see the eRrOR of your ways... teeheehee!"

Her toothy smile gleamed through the darkness. One day, this cage would let her free. One day, her prince would come. And when he did, they'd pay. They'd all pay. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

Dangerous Combatant

11,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
User Image
「OVER」
HP: ██████████ 100/100
Theme
OOC: N/A
■ ■ ■

Two months since that fateful day. He had come so far since he arrived here, in this world. He had remembered his purpose, after all this time, and he failed to fulfill that purpose. In the end, it had somehow worked out, but he was unable to anything to help; the Sigma virus had caught him completely off guard. He was thankful that the monster's ego and arrogance had not let him take advantage of the power he no doubt had known that OVER could wield, at least. Had he done so... he would have well and truly failed, and it would have entirely been his fault. More than that, however... he failed to protect someone important to him. He had left Abel City without so much as a word to her, and even after that, he had not found the courage to speak to her... and now she was dead.

"All this power... and I still couldn't save anyone when it really counted. I'm... I'm sorry, Lily." he said, chewing on his lower lip. "And I'm sorry it took me so long to see you. I hope you aren't too mad at me."

He stood there, in front of the gravestone for the longest time... or at least it felt like it. After placing a trio of flowers in front of it, a white lily, an asphodel flower, and a lavender rose to be specific, he pulled the hood of his cloak over his helmeted head, and turned to leave. After everything that had happened, after he realized the scope of his failure... he couldn't continue being a Hunter. He had resigned without any forewarning or explanation, and left, just like he was doing here and now. Since he'd left, he'd been wandering far and wide for the past two months, no idea what to do, or what to make of himself. A super fighting robot with no idea what he was fighting for... some Mega Man he was.

OVER sighed, and shook his head. He was taking a big risk coming here, no doubt. He was an incredibly powerful, now unaffiliated reploid wandering who knows where doing who knows what. He took one last look at Lily's grave, and tugged at the hood, and wrapped his cloak around his body before he made to leave the cemetery.

"Goodbye, Lily."

Intergalactic Prophet

User Image
User Image

tab The Chapter ClosesUser Image
tab GPS says: Abel City, Battle at Maverick Hunter Base
tab Anthony Status:
tab Antares Status:
tab OOC: PLEASE listen to the theme while reading this post if you can. Thank you!
tab tab ~Damage Threshold: [[Low]] [[Mid]] [[High]]
tab tab ~Fire Elemental System: 100%
tab tab ~Firebrand Assault: Out of commission

Anthony stood in the terminal at Abel City's airport. He was looking around slowly trying to find some one in particular. After a short time he spotted the one he was looking for and did a double take before crossing the distance to sit beside his brother.

”Hey, sorry I cut it so short. I've been getting hell from the review board for my thesis. My counselor kept me on a call for longer than he was supposed to,” Anthony sat down beside Ryan.

”Life goes on, I suppose,” Ryan said with a bitter-sweet smile, ”It's alright I knew you'd make it.”

There was a moment of silence that seemed to stretch. Despite the many advances in technology the inside of an airport had stood the test of time. The gray speckled walls and understated decor were meant to soothe anxious travelers. They did little to allay his fears.

”So you're sure about this. This is what you want to do?” He finally asked.

”Yeah, it's not as though I hopped on the first plane out. I've been thinking about this for two months, Anthony. Since Lily...” Ryan stopped mid sentence. Anthony didn't push he knew better, ”Since Sigma took her from us I've been thinking about what she said. I don't feel like I can step onto the battlefield again until I've gone out and seen more of the world. I need perspective, Anthony, and not HSM's perspective, or the Hunter's perspective, or even your perspective. I need to see and judge things for myself. Once I know what to do I'll do it. If that's coming back then we'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder on the front lines again. If it doesn't then you'll hear from me.”

Anthony nodded in acknowledgement, ”Alright. I understand. I hope you find what you're looking for. Remember I'm just a text or a phone call away if you need to talk or anything.”

”You sure you're fine staying here? Fighting? I know you weren't as close to Lily as me but...

”Yeah, I'm sure. I got my perspective. I'm a warrior of justice. I fight to save as many lives as I can. If it means that there are some I can't save then it's the burden I bear. I've got help though. Paul, Pollux, and Antares are with me. Looks like I'll be seeing more of Tron Bonne too.”

”Attention passengers boarding for flight 255-A Abel City to Kattleox Island now boarding.”

Ryan stood and picked up his carry-on bag, ”That's my flight.”

The two brothers walked towards the gate where they would part ways.

”You talked to Paul already,” Anthony assumed. Ryan nodded. Anthony continued, ”Alright.”

”Anthony there's one more thing,” Ryan said turning as they reached the end of the line. He grabbed Anthony's hand and pressed something into it. Anthony's skin tingled and he nearly dropped the object in shock before he slowly placed it in his pocket.

”You're sure?

”Yeah I'm sure. We talked that over too. He didn't like it, but it's for the best. Besides if worst comes to worst I have these,” Ryan held up his free hand revealing a metal bracelet-like device. Anthony nodded again, ”Well this is goodbye for the time being. Take care of Paul. I know he's the protective older brother but he seriously could use a little growing up.”

”You got it,” The brothers hugged and Anthony turned away. He got a few steps before he called back, ”OH YEAH! I nearly forgot! Who did you get to make that jacket!?”

Ryan spun to answer. He was wearing a jacket like the ones the Orion triplets used to wear when they were first starting as full hunters. On the left breast of the Jacket over where Ryan's heart there was an insignia.

User Image

”No-one!” Ryan said in reply. The implication being it was his own work. The two of them looked across the distance and smiled at each other before nodding. They turned around at the same time and both began to move. The two brothers walking their own path. One to to find his purpose and one to carry it out. Anthony's phone rang and he answered it as he walked.

”Yeah? Okay I'll be right over,” He paused for a moment, ”Yeah I just saw him off. He'll be alright. You need to stop worrying so much. Okay, Okay! But only if she says it's alright. Text me.” Anthony hung up and walked out of the airport. A new chapter would be starting soon, but for now he'd enjoy the downtime. He sat at a cafe a little ways away until he saw Ryan's plane take off from behind the air port. Then he stood and hailed a cab. He had places to be.

Neka1's Husband

Angelic Husband

23,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

FIRESTORM FORMATION GO! ||| Stand and Fight! ||| Face Everything and Rise ||| His Iron Will, the Blackened Battle Cry
Pollux Status: Let's have a good meal with Tron, okay?
Paul Status: Yeah!
Action: Talking to Tron

Paul was shuffling rather uncomfortably. His leg itched. The cast was really bothering him but here he was, not in a medical ward... He'd seen the meal before him, and for some reason, it felt way too large to feed the two of them. "You should have asked her first before you told him to come over!"

"I couldn't help it, Pollux. Tron's cooking looks so delicious. It'd be wrong not to share it," Paul chirped apologetically. "Tron, you sure it's okay? I didn't mean to ruin anything."

He gave her an apologetic smile as he'd text back her answer to Anthony regardless of what it was. It seemed so strange, being here. Watching someone precious to him create a meal... being in a house. It was surreal. Lily had stopped being around... Gutz was gone. Those two losses weighed heavy on his heart. Even though he'd found someone worth protecting... he'd lost those he'd considered family. And Ryan was leaving. It was a lot of change all at once for the young adult. "Paul... for what it's worth, you're right. Her food does look really good!"

He looked to his friend. Pollux was looking out for him again. Did he look like he was spacing out that much? "Tron Tron! Do you always make meals this big? Do people in houses get to enjoy meals like this every day? Can we do this every day? I mean, I know it's probably really hard with all the work that needs done but it sounds like fun, don't you think?"

Paul smiled rather brightly as he took Tron's hands in his own, pulling her close to him somewhat unintentionally. He was being goofy, yes. But in this way, he'd make things brighter. He'd shine like the sun if it meant those around him would smile. Regardless if things weren't quite all right. As long as he had those he cared about, there was no fight he couldn't stand up to. Paul Orion would shield the sparks of hope wherever they may shine. But for now, it was dinnertime!

User Image
User Image
"If I keep having things snatched away from me, I'm going to go insane"

K I Z U K U
X X XHP〖 ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ 〗
X X XLOCATION 〖 ? ? ?
X X XPHYSICAL CONDITION〖 Stable
X X XOOC〖 - - - - -
X X XTHEME〖 ENIGMATIC FEELING

"Must you keep taking things from me? I'm going to fall apart"

The final battle had been a haze for her. Aside from the general summarization of they had fought Sigma, she couldn’t remember much. All she remembered was walking up to Aen and crying her eyes out. The asura reploid panicked but eventually understood her babbling words, obstructed by her crying and choking back tears. He had looked like he wanted to cry too, but he didn’t. He just held her, though eventually picked her up because she was crying herself silly.

The days merged together up until Lily’s burial. She had cried for so long she had ran out of tears, and she could hardly speak. She might not have been with Lily long, but she loved her. And to be honest, she had not expected herself in this situation again. Despite having already lost her charge previous to joining the hunters, Lily’s death hit much harder. She had thought her heart would be fine by now, but no, the pain continues to beat along with her core.

A day after, Aen and Kizuku left for Awan City. Despite the city has been known to be a haunted ghost town, the two decided to venture there. With what time they have since arriving, the two had started clearing the city for a very specific project. There will be lots of planting.
User Image
" 行こうか 戻ろうか 悩みはするけど しばらくすれば 歩き出す背中 "
╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

SEPHTIS MITCHEL & JORMUNGANDR
HP〖 ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ ▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋▋ 〗
LOCATION 〖 The Prison, Abel City
PHYSICAL CONDITION〖 Stable
FROST DRIVE〖 ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
OOC〖 - - - - -
THEME〖 SEASONS DIE ONE AFTER ANOTHER by AMAZARASHI

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
" そうだ行かねばならぬ 何はなくとも生きて行くのだ "

It was a strange feeling.

To see the situation unfold, end, and now, here where she stood. So many things had happened over time, and now it felt like things are finally coming to a close. Her life was beginning a new chapter and there were so many people to thank. Lexi, Desmond, Fenrir, and Axl will always have her thanks because they always backed her up. They helped her break away from what she thought was a sealed fate and showed her that she could live without the terror of her mother. There was Avice who, despite having been her enemy, helped her and gave her sanctuary. Avice also introduced her to Nareta who helped her get over her prejudice against reploids. Another person she needed to thank was Iris. Iris, the daughter of Prometheus, who handed her Hala’s data and shown her another path she could take.

Sephtis turned to look back at the prison she had left prior with a heavy heart.

She had wanted to thank her mother too. So many things wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for her mother, both good and bad. However, it seems even if she had wanted to tell the woman of her new path it would have fallen on deaf ears.

One day, she will tell her. One day, she will thank her.

A faint smile graced her features as she gave the prison one last look before turning around to leave with Jojo trailing behind her. Her white lab coat secured tightly in her arms.

Intergalactic Prophet

User Image
--- --- --- --- ---
Tron was a little annoyed. She'd meant for tonight to be something resembling her and Paul's first date, but Paul had gone and invited Anthony to come over. She looked at all the food she'd prepared. Maybe she had overdone it a little. She looked up to Paul as he spoke. She blushed when he told Pollux that the food looked delicious. She covered it up quickly enough when he asked her if it was alright for Anthony to come over. She looked at him. He was so worried, but so loving all at the same time. She couldn't say no to those stupid puppy-dog eyes of his.

”I guess if I want one of you I get all of you, huh?” She sighed and then smiled, ”Yeah he can come over. There's no way I'll have enough room for the leftovers otherwise.”

She watched Paul contain his excitement behind an apologetic smile as he typed at his phone sending a text to Anthony with her reply. It made her marvel at the fact the boy hadn't known how to read two months ago. He'd been a quick study though. She'd almost burst into tears the day he'd asked her to teach him because he “wanted to be able to help her with her work”. After that she'd spent a little time working with him every day. Before long they'd gone from the Alphabet and 'See Rush Run' to having a tiny book club. She'd noticed something about Paul through those lessons. He was amazingly intelligent. Something you wouldn't think by how he behaved.

These thoughts had only crossed her mind when Paul began to launch int questions so fast she didn't have time to respond to them all. She was walking around the table to rap him on the head and tell him to slow down when he grabbed her hand and pulled her close. Her heart skipped a beat, but only for a second. She looked into his eyes, and her nervousness and doubt melted away.

Screw it, she thought, I'm done with this should-I/shouldn't-I BS.

She then made the most daring move in her life. More daring than becoming a pirate, or robbing Hunter Base. She snapped her head forward and kissed Paul. She didn't see him turn bright red, she had her eyes closed as though concentrating trying to imprint the memory in her mind.

After a few moments she broke it off. At some point she'd wound up in Paul's lap. She frowned at him and flicked him in the forehead.

”That's supposed to be your move, Yellow Boy. If you don't keep up I'll end up half the book ahead of you,” She smiled, ”Though I wouldn't mind reading that page a couple more times.”

She stood and walked over into the kitchen. She returned with two cans of soda and handed one to Paul before popping the top on hers. She began to gulp greedily. She'd noticed in her reflection on her fridge that she was beet red too. After a few more minutes there was a knock at the door.

”I'll get it,” She said to Paul and went to open the door. Anthony was on the other side.

”Hey, you find the place okay?” She asked.

”Yeah I did,” Anthony replied he seemed to notice Paul over her shoulder sitting at the table. She couldn't see but he was fidgeting nervously and hadn't touched his drink much, ”You sure it's okay for me to join you two?

”Oh good grief, get in here,” She said pulling Anthony into the room and closing the door, ”It's Paul. It's not like anything NC-17 is going on. Paul! Anthony's here!”

That seemed to snap Paul out of his awkward phase. She got Anthony to the table and had him sit. She got another round of drinks for herself and Anthony since Paul's was still mostly intact and they all sat down around the table. They began to banter and eat and generally have a good time. Tron was happy. Even though Paul had invited his brother to join them. She looked at the empty chairs around the table and thought about what it might have been like to have Ryan and Lily with them too. The image seemed right to her, but so did the one they had now. She raised her can in a silent toast of acknowledgement to friends absent.

”So the tenants next door are moving out and I'm pretty sure I can get you boys a steal on rates. What do you say?” She asked.

--- --- --- --- ---
<Plundering>
Abel City, Her Apartment
<Tron Status>
Happy

Striking Lionheart

Aen
--- The Raging Asura ---

Show me that passion!

Mood: " Stop loligagging about, its not going to build itself dude!"
Health: ████████████████████

OOC:

User Image
                                          "Burn it down, all or nothing!"

There had been a moment, A breif spark during mid rage induced combat, Aen had felt well a few actually. The first p***k, of anger and an absolute uncleash of anger at the various grunts and humans playing pretend... the second p***k a sudden loss of contorl of himself, a dead stiffening. Then the third... he couldn't explain the nagging ache... something bad had happened it wasn't til the headache inducing 4th sting of pain as he regain control of himself that he came to terms with what had happened... Almost as if on a cue the Kizuku who had run off to go engage Sigma before the body-stiffening p***k occurred, was in front of him-

and she was crying

The sight had Aen rushing over and grabbing he woman by her shoulders to support and reassure her. She had been relatively battle damage...obvious Sigma had gotten a few good hits in on her- He forced a smile and tilted his head before asking... it ... The reply he got had him stunned into shock breifly... There was a moment of silence before a brief black-red electrical crackle tinged up Aens back. He took a stuttered breath before simply hugging Kizuku tightly and shaking, almost breaking down with her, but somehow finding the mental fortitude to keep the both of them standing upright in the seeking-comfort-embrace. He of course denied it initially... but it was hard to refute the evidence when... the dolly came rolling past. Aen let Kizuku cry it out... and cry... and cry... eventually time would call for him to move her simply by carrying her in his arms back to "Base"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days following had been... rough... quiet... remorseful... Kizuku had stuck close to him but she was shaken and rattled over Lilys death. The day of the funeral Aen played the support, going against his better wish to just avoid all contact of the ache in his stomach. There were the final goodbyes, to the first human to ever treat him as an actual person... The only reason he'd even really met Kizuku, Paul, X, Zero... He tried to hide the tears... for one matter of reason or another, finding himself wiping his eyes regularly with his palm to remove the red-stains before they could create a horrific visage at the ceremony.

The following day following the wake, him and Kizuku had agreed on a plan... and objective... a project to keep themselves busy and to help manage the death of their loved one... almost in a ways a non-spoken official adopted ward? The plan, was to scope out the destroyed ghost-city of Awan... looking like a bomb had damn near gone off at its epicenter... and find a plot to start cleaning up and preparing... preparing for something grand and beautiful among all the destruction...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A month and some week and a half or so had passed since the funeral and decision to depart on their project. It'd been rough and tight, with more than a few sleepless labor filled nights using portable generators for floodlights... but they'd somehow managed to clear out a singular main road to the "Destination". A still trashed but steadily being-culled plot of freshly brought in soil... a few flowers of a specific breed already planted in the soil next to the framing of a small building with a paved path leading up to its foundation-block through the loose-soil. It was almost like a miniature park in-construction... or more correctly the beginning stages of a memorial park

The sound of metal sheering and being moved against itself... followed by a profane exclaim before crashing noises might be audible in the distance of the quiet ghost-town... well one couldn't really say it was a ghost town anymore could they?

It had at the least two-inhabitants
                                          Hard at work
                                          Slaving all day and partly into night

Preparing the Lily Fields...

"Kizukuuuuuuu ... HELP, I'M STUCK!"
                                          Some things never changed

"Break It down, til you're losing all reason!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff