Post 9: Reserved

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Aligning Earth Prime....

User Image

“I can say without a doubt that there are an infinite number of universes. Some are just like our own… but for one or two significant events, exactly the same.” - Lex Luthor

What if our greatest heroes, had become our greatest threat? Three years ago, they did. In a world where the Joker had tricked Superman into killing millions, including his loved ones and unborn child, a war was fought. Our greatest heroes were swept away by Bruce Wayne, in a desperate yet successful bid to topple an insane despotic superman. Locked away in a red sun prison, the dictator’s grasp had been pried loose and our heroes returned to Earth Prime.

But, crime never stops. Evil never sleeps. And knowledge is a dangerous weapon.

In time, Earth’s prison system continued its revolving door on the super-villains. Lex Luthor and his cohorts in the Legion of Doom, plotted to try once more to rid themselves of the greatest obstacle to their success: Superman. Stealing the Phantom Zone projector, Lex launched an assault on Metropolis to draw out the last Kryptonian. Intense fighting raged through the streets as the Justice League traded blows against evil itself, poised to win yet again.

However, today would be different, as Lex managed to trap the Kryptonian into the Phantom Zone. As he prepared to toss the projector into a random multiverse, his final stage was thwarted by Wonder Woman. Tackling into both the Joker and Lex, the three had disappeared into an unknown universe, as the portal closed. While the day had been won, it was not without sacrifice. Bruce Wayne, the ever-feared batman, refused to give up hope however, as he spearheaded an investigation into the infinite worlds, trying to search for his friends and bring the fiends to justice.

For a month now, the world has been quiet. Lex Luthor and the Joker may not be around to haunt the streets of the world, but evil grows bold. Knowing that the greatest champions of good are missing, it is up to the Justice League to try to keep Earth Prime standing until our heroes return…

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Current Events
User Image

Considering how large the world is, the scope of the RP may take place across numerous locations. States, Countries, even Continents apart from each other, the task of the Justice League and the Legion of Doom is to coordinate these efforts. As RPers, I figure it'd be best to give everyone a hand as well, by helping keep track of player's motions. I believe that by doing so, people can more easily keep track of what major actions are going down, and allow newcomers a chance to have an easy to spot idea of where to jump into the action.

Current hotspots:
Western Hemisphere: Early Evening.
Northern Hemisphere: Summer

Awaiting opening.

Chapter Listing:
A list meant to help you skip through various major story arcs. I'll provide some descriptions as well, that way we can recall specific events that have occurred.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
RULES AND GUIDELINES
User Image

“No Law or Ordinance is mightier than understanding.” - Plato

Behold, Paragons, for now you are pawns in a greater game. As with all games, they must have rules, and I have a list of rules you are strongly recommended to abide by. I'm not going to quiz you over them, but please, you may wish to review them nonetheless.

I: On Conduct:
1. Cursing is permitted, but strongly advised against, at least when dealing with more canon personalities. When’s the last time you saw Superman drop the big F-bomb? Regardless, even Lobo can be PG-13, so ponder on that.
2. As we are on Gaia, all Gaian ToS must be followed.
3. This RP is based on comics, games, and tv series. There will be violence and there will be romance. Consider the rating as PG-16.
4. Do not be afraid to ask questions. I will not bite you. If I scare you, then perhaps look towards the co-moderators (none at this time – may change)
5. You must be at least Semi-Literate to be in this Role Play. I don’t expect you to write novels, but at least try to spellcheck. This is to limit confusion between players. If it helps, follow my example.
6. You have no access to God Mode. You will be hit, you will miss attacks. See setting for more.
7. There will eventually be other Mods than I. Feel free to talk with them in the case of my absence.

II: Regarding the Major Arc, your minor Arcs, and alterations…
1. Most of this section is generic common sense; try not to be insulted.
2. The main plot takes a lot of effort and work to make it happen. We want you to participate and mold it, but please interact with it, not redact it. If you have suggestions for the plot, voice them in the OoC where everyone can weigh in on it. If anything I encourage those of you playing villains to come up with nefarious schemes to outdo our heroes!
3. Be courteous to other people’s side-arcs. They may want to be private.
4. Please take effort to ‘travel’ to action. Yes, there are teleporters; please at least attempt to reference them.

III: On Content
1. This RP accepts certain things as happening in Canon and outside of Canon. In the case of a dispute, I’ll most likely have the final say.
2. For those of you familiar with Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Injustice: Gods Amongst Us, we’ll be fitting in with that particular setting.
3. Put “Cream and 37 Sugars” in your PM to me with your profile; otherwise I will reference the rules.
4. As for those of you interested in New 52…. This is not Earth 52.

IV: On Canon Character Profiles:
1. Canon Characters should consider discussing backstory with me, so that we can be on the ‘same page’. This doesn’t have to be a long description, just basic origin events and any major relations with other characters.
2. I am a stickler for personality. Canon Character applicants will be required to PM a sample post of the Character they would like to be so that I can ascertain how good they will be in the role. If it helps, make it your opening post?
3. Should I not be available, send your profiles to my subordinate if one is available.
4. Canon Character PMs should be titled "The Main Man."
5. Certain Canon Characters may not be available at the beginning of the RP due to plot reasons, such as Joker, Batman, Superman, and others.

V: On OC Characters:
1. I don’t mind OCs, but I would like a healthy balance. Be prepared to take up a canon character.
2. If you are making an OC, you are not the next Batman/Superman with just a repaint and a broody past. If this is too difficult, I will give you the link of the nearest Nolanverse RP I can find. Try to figure out what makes them laugh, cry, love, hate, etc. It’s far more compelling.
3. OC Character PMs should be titled "Ocean Guy. Similar color scheme."
4. Power levels may be suggested by you, but are set by me.
5. Characters with relationships to Canon characters must be prepared to fully explain themselves if they wish to use that character.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Character Profile Template and Canon Character Roster
User Image

Below you will find the character template, a group of examples, and the current roster of the game.

Quote:
Known Alias: Your Character's name when in “disguise”, IE Batman, Superman, etc.
Age: Your Character's Biological and Chronological age in earth years.
Species: If you’re not human, better be willing to explain. Otherwise Omit.
Appearance: Either a description or a link to a picture.
Personality: How does your character act while alone and with others?
Power Level: Your Character's skill when in their fighting form (make note here if this changes when out of costume, i.e. Captain Marvel).
Alignment: Good? Evil? Neutral? Lawful? Chaotic? Some mix?
Weapons: Guns, swords, grenades, whatever rounds out your character's arsenal.
Powers: Be creative and flashy. No insta-kill techniques or unstoppable/undodgable attacks.
Power Base: Where does your powers come from? Magic? Genetics? Or tech?
Hometown: Gotham? Metropolis? Central City? Hub City? Or someplace of your own?
Backstory: What did your character do before they entered the RP?
Goals and Ambitions: What does your character want to accomplish? What motivates them? Why do they fight Crime? Or what drives them to villainy?
Gaianame: Your name.

CANON CHARACTER LIST

This list describes Canon Characters based on the two major stats. The first is their Power Level, (PL), or the physical fighting skill of that character. The second is their Reputation Level (RL). Both will be covered in another post as part of optional Rules. Each has a purpose.

Quote:
Heroes (example):

Superman Or Batman: PL 16 - RL 10

Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash: PL 14 - RL 9

Dr. Fate/Hawkgirl: PL 13 - RL 8

Supergirl: PL 12 - RL 7

Batgirl/Robin: PL 10 - RL 4

Etcetera….

Villains (Examples)

Lex Luthor (normal/warsuit): PL 10/16 - RL 10

Joker: PL 14 - RL 10

Ares: PL 16 - RL 8

Giganta: PL 9/14 - RL 7

Deathstroke the Terminator: PL 12 - RL 7~

Bane/Professor Zoom: PL 14 - RL 6

Calendar Man: PL 9 - RL 1

Etcetera…

Current Roster:
(This is for Canon Characters; OCs will have a separate page. Last Update: 6/13/14)

Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) - PL 11, RL 8, XL 1980 - Nelowulf

Harley Quinn (Harleen Quinzell) - PL11, RL 5, XL 1980 - Nelowulf

Giganta (Doris Zuel) - PL 9/14, RL 7, XL 3150 - Miss Pandemica

Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes) - PL 11, RL 4 XL 1980 - ultrafirebird

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
RP ELEMENTS
User Image

Explaining the Setting a Bit Further

Welcome to the DC Universe, where reboots are everywhere, and there are multiple people inhabiting the same costume. Your presence here means you enjoy the characters and the setting in which they inhabit. Whether it is because you read the comics, watched the shows, or played the games, it can all be rather confusing to know what is canon, what is not, and in general, what to do. In this setting, we’re going to be dealing with this sooner or later, so I’ll try to dispel the earliest of questions and hurdles to overcome. This section is recommended reading, though I’ll admit it can be wordy.

On the status of backstory: For canon characters, the best way to approach any of them is to assume the origin story is true. Their Rogue’s gallery is active, as well, and for all intensive purposes, the ‘status quo’ is maintained. Previous flings and romances are at the discretion of players; I highly recommend, however, if you feel it may be a conflicting concept (I.E. Wonder Woman and Batman having an affair), to consider leaving it left in ambiguity. The events of the game Injustice: Gods Amongst Us are to be considered canon.

On the status of Metas fighting Non-metas: Injustice gave us a powerful weapon to level the playing fields between super-powered heroes fighting costumed vigilantes. The Krytponite nano-pills enhanced people like Batman to a point where their bodies can take some punishment even against people like Superman or Doomsday. In an attempt to make this balanced and fair, I am allowing the pill available to those with reputation above 5. In addition, if you can justify a canon character’s obtaining it (i.e. part of the Justice League’s main rosters), you will also happen to have this ‘happy pill’. I understand that OC characters may be at a disadvantage for this at the start, but this is meant to have a purpose. The average vigilante shouldn’t be able to go fisticuffs against the Last Son of Krypton just because he slips on a mask, and it’s a waste to give hundreds of mooks a very expensive product. I am willing to negotiate when you acquire this ability, but until you do, you’ll have to rely on traditional weaknesses, clever tactics, and the luck of your power roll to do well.

On the status of the Leadership of Factions: With the big names of Lex Luthor, Superman, and other s currently MIA from Earth Prime, there have been some needed advancements in both the Justice League and the Legion of Doom. Here’s the quick breakdown:
- Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (John Stewart), and Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol) are standing members.
- Nightwing (d**k Grayson) is currently standing in for Batman.
- Steel was elevated in accomplishments from working with Superman, though Shazaam was considered.
- Zatanna’s mystical knowledge assisted her to the temporary position Wonder Woman held, though Raven was considered.
- Martian Manhunter acts as an advisor and Ambassador to Atlantis; the 7th seat is filled by Green Arrow.
-With Lex AWOL, the Legion of Doom’s shaky alliance is now maintained by Gorilla Grodd, though there are plenty who look up to Sinestro as well, forcing the two to work in rough conjunction with the other.
- Command of the Joker Clan has fallen to Harley Quinn, who in traditional favor has opted to offer help occasionally to the Legion of Doom, but not officially join to remain more neutral. Bane and his cartel follow this example, as well, believing it better to stake it out on his own.
- The Titans, a series of heroes for those in their teenage years, are also somewhat in effect.

Both the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom are for the most part, home to the two factions when needing to hide from the other. They provide healing services and teleportation to anywhere on Earth (roughly), and are heavily defended; for all intensive purposes, they are safe houses to allow room to breathe.

Power Levels and Reputation Level

In the immortal battle of good and evil, conflicting views are bound to lead to the sides trading blows, both on and off the field. Metas and Non-metas alike vie for both the power of physical strength as much as charismatic sway, represented by the two major stats for each character: Power Levels and Reputation.

The Power Level is a physical trait, meant to represent, in game, a character’s general capacity to handle themselves on the field of battle. It can go up through training, or down through injury. Some confusion may be had though, as it is more than just who can top the man of steel in an arm wrestling match. Rather, the number suggests a combination of both physical capacity and battle-based experience, allowing someone like Batman to be a viable contender for a fight against ol’ superman, despite obvious differences in physiology. The best example may be best represented when The Bat went up against Superwoman. Unfortunately, as with all quantifiable numbers, is meant more as a guideline, rather than that of an absolute in battle. These variables will be covered later when discussing combat.

The Reputation Level rating suggests a different aspect: The fame (or infamy) of a particular person. It is more fluid than power level, but also represents the general notoriety of a hero/villain. This rating usually signifies the general reputation of an individual, from how recognized they are on the streets, to how quickly they could acquire resources or backup, to simply their general trust within the ranks of their society to coming up with decent plans.

For those of you curious, there is an actual score and bonus to each PL, based off a mathematical formula, which will be provided in the following section for combination attacks and other details.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Optional Combat Rules
User Image

Be it punches, gadgets, or magic spells, the DC universe pits good versus evil in a battle of strengths. Players can resolve conflicts through creative storytelling and personal agreements between themselves. But, there will be times when players want something different. Be it trying to get a ‘newer’ hero to stand a chance against established villains, or two players unsure of who really should win, or even to give a fresh coat of paint and variety in the traditional storytelling, I present an optional combat rule: die.

While no means an original idea of my own, it allows players to fling attacks of any kind at the other and gage successes by rolling a die and comparing the results to the other. The process is simple: Each player rolls a 20 sided die, adding your power level. Whoever rolls higher, wins. Ties go to the defender (or both get hit).

Quote:
Example: The Joker (PL11) whips out his revolver to blast Hawkgirl’s (PL13) helmet. Hawkgirl will attempt to deflect the bullet, and both agree to roll. Joker rolls a 15, while Hawkgirl rolls a 10. Joker’s combined total is 26, while Hawkgirl’s is only 23. Joker manages to score a shot on Hawkgirl’s helm, causing her to get hit by the bullet and throw her momentum off, landing in the garbage heap in the alley.

Obviously, this can easily work with alternate forms of math too, i.e. using the difference.

Quote:
Hawkgirl (13) – Joker (11) = 2. Joker’s roll (15) would be considered as (13), and Hawkgirl’s (10) becomes a (12). As (13>12), Joker wins.

You get the idea…. I hope. If it is too complicated, ask for help.

But what if you want to tag team with a partner? In order to prevent a single villain from getting super swamped, or to relive those great 1 hero, multiple villain fight sequences, the players can tally up all their experiences into a single PL Level, using a wonderful chart (provided below). Whoever is considered the ‘leader’ of that pooled group would then make a single roll for the team.

Quote:
Example: Oh noes! The resurrected Darkseid (PL 20) has returned, and only Hawkgirl (PL13), Robin (PL10), and Supergirl (PL12) are around! Combining their efforts into a powerful triple team attack, Supergirl charges up a punch with the other two running interference. Combining Supergirl’s experience (2160) with Hawkgirl’s (2730) and Robin’s (1500), they hope to bring the tyrant down. So 2160+2730+1500= 6720 or a combined power level of 20, will our hero’s attack phase Darkseid? Supergirl rolls a 14, Darkseid a 9. The Heroes land a decisive blow upon the forces of evil!
Math: [14+20]>[20+9] or 34>29.

Yes, this is an optional roll. Use it if you find it convenient. Or don’t. Roll once, to decide the entire fight, or roll for each punch and blow. It’s mostly up to you. Please use the convenient chart below if you do, however. (insert chart)

Your Reputation Precedes You

It takes a certain dedication to strap on a costume and still be taken seriously. Paragons of good are often regarded as vigilantes, and villains come across as copycats or loonies. To really strike fear with your presence, or even your name, requires serious work to craft your image. This is what your reputation means. It is more of a shadow stat, one which marks how well your ‘faction’ tends to regard you. Much like your battle experience, it requires a little work to get recognized. Be it performing heists and getting arrested, or stopping terrorists and saving runaway babies, it is your actions which bring you fame. Be it threatening the world or saving it, it is you who will be judged by the masses.

Additional Training

Paragons aren’t just born; they’re forged. Some, like Superman, are given to godlike abilities, and practice methods of controlling their powers and becoming quicker of mind. Others, like Batman, spend years in training before hitting the streets. For fresh paragons (i.e. OCs), the need to prove themselves on the streets is a valid necessity, often lacking the resources or experience to be considered as one of the greater kinds. This training of body, soul, and mind are often difficult to cram into one’s life at the expense of social experiences, but are rewarded nonetheless.

The easiest way to gain experience and be considered greater is to simply work at it. Spending long hours in the morning doing pull-ups, or throwing weapons, hones the skills of many, but this is slow work. For each quality post of solo training, a character will receive 1% of their level’s base XP. Long sabbaticals spent in isolation may count for bonus amounts, provided the training is engaging, thought out, and well made. Working with mentors and others may boost this as well, but be cautious about spending long times away from the watchtower: True Crime never sleeps, and your plans will take time. Villains, consider your prison sentences not as a time to abandon the character for a while, but rather to hone in your abilities further!

I’m sure some of you might consider spars and fights to be worth something too; sparring can only take you so far, though. However, just because we may have supervillains, doesn’t mean the local cops won’t have trouble too. If you make a definitive effort to spend some time “on the prowl” which results in a good read, I’ll grant bonus experience and reputation as well. Naturally, getting in on the big fights will also help your street cred and other effects, and depending on the grand scheme, the amounts will vary.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
FAQ

1) Can I play someone like Comissioner Gordon, Vicki Vale, Lois Lane, etc?
- I call these characters ‘fluff’ characters. And the short answer is: yes. But I prefer that you pick up someone else in addition to one of these people. I understand in rare instances, these fluffs can be elevated (Renee Montoya, Carol Ferris).

2) When will Batman/Superman/Joker/etc be available?
- Whenever they do.

3) Can I play someone from a different multiverse (Gaslight, Red Son, etc)?
- Much like the fluff characters, I do not necessarily mind a character from a different Earth. However, approval will be based on the reasons why they have arrived here. Typically, other worlds are rather different, so live it up.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Miscellaneous Credits

RP Related Links:
The Official OoC Thread
The OC Profile Page

Other Links to Check out:
Dragon Ball Kai Seihen

Heaven List
For players and help of exceptional quality:

LOBO & DEATHSTOKE’S COMPLETED CONTRACTS:
For those who.... disappointed.

Banners and Signature art:
None. I'll be happy to take donations.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
THE RESERVED SLOT... FOR LOBO'S CHOPPER.

User Image

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Green Arrow
Aka, Oliver Queen

It was a quiet night in Starling City; the criminal element was currently a bit… quiet. He couldn’t quite really complain though; a quiet night meant less work, less danger. While a small adrenaline rush may have been desired in the base parts of his brain, he knew the dangers of suddenly having to take on someone like Merlyn or Count Vertigo. While neither really seemed to be present here in the states, it wouldn’t stop them from occasionally rearing their ugly heads. In the dull absence of activity down below, Oliver’s mind began to wonder. First, the dwindling economy meant he had to shut down one of his branch offices, which meant layoffs and pension packages for some. Sure, he made money on the deal, but many more would lose so much of their own. He pondered the ways to recover such assets, but he was but one billionaire, and even charity could stretch so far. It was all partly reminiscent of why he had resisted joining the Justice League. Looking down from on high, often the little man got lost undertow. That was why he was doing all this in the first place, for those who couldn’t stand up for themselves, right? That had to be it, as Dinah’s-

An alarming cry broke his concentration as he turned towards the disturbance. Save Right, a minor convenience store, had one of the store alarms begin to blare as a trio of men wearing hoods burst out the back fire escape. Each was running, one carrying a bag, the others with sidearms. In the hustle and bustle, adrenaline pumped through their veins. Their panic and their fear kept them from hearing the whizzing of an arrow sailing through the air. Only after the first was clotheslined did they stop, and only after did another arrow explode into a bola to knock a second guy down did the third stop.

“While I might dress up like Robin Hood, I don’t condone petty thievery,” Ollie said with a smirk. His arm reached back to knock another arrow to the string, as the sound of the bow tensing up gave an audible warning. Here in Starling City, the noise was almost as feared as racking a shotgun, as many knew the Arrow didn’t miss. “Now, if you drop the sack and throw your hands up, I might not have to beat you up before handing you over to the cops.”

The robber looked to his friends, who were still recovering from the initial hit, and instantly threw his hands up. His left hand opened wide, letting the back drop to the ground. It all might have been a pretty easy slip, but he tried his luck to reach for the pistol in the shoulder holster. The sound of a whistling arrow followed the twang of a bowstring, before a loud ‘pamf’ exploded the head into a boxing glove, hitting square. As the trio groaned on the ground, Ollie shook his head.

“Be thankful I didn’t shove a shaft through a more tender part of your anatomy. Next time, try a surprise attack when the other guy isn’t ready,” he smirked, as he got ready to deliver tonight’s catch to the SCPD.

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Harley Quinn
Mistress of Mayhem

Gotham City. The name alone suggested a dark and depressing place to be at, but the majority of the city’s image was tainted by the worst parts. During the day, the city was mostly fine. Perhaps occasionally roughed up with a bank robbery or car chase from time to time, but the city’s finest usually was able to keep a firm grip in the public eye while the sun’s rays beamed down. However, such protections left as night crept down upon the city, when the seedier sides of the law were able to creep out. Each night, they would grow bolder, preying upon the weak and helpless until someone would step in. Usually.

It is in the north side of town where the Joker Gang usually hid out; Gotham’s infamous Amusement Mile was right next to Crime Alley, and for the most part this was their turf. Bane or Victor Zsasz could intrude from time to time, but the purple clown’s area north of the Bowery was firmly his. Though for a month, the gang had been mostly quiet. Sitting in a warehouse on the north side, a pair of mooks sat around the table, playing cards. To their side were two rather bored hyenas, as other members of the crew slouched around, sleeping or loitering in whatever way they wanted to. A tv let it’s blue glow out as the volume stayed low, audible only to the few close to it.

“So, you see Jessie lately?” the first asked, drawing a card from the deck and adding it to the fan-like array in his hand.

“Naw. I heard he ran off to join up with Penguin’s crew,” the second replied, taking a puff from a cigarette as he laid another card down.

“Cobbie took him in? Does he know someone on the inside?”

“Naw, but it’s not like it’d be that hard to find. Bet the ugly midget’s paying a lot better too. Ever since J up and disappeared, this place has lost a lot. Can’t wait to have him back.” The large thug laid a card down on the pile, as the first resumed his turn.

“Better not let Harley hear ya saying that. Punch and Judy might make you their new punching bag,” the first stated, giving a thumb to point at a pair of oversized burly men standing next to a door, bored to rights. However, just inside that door was a small room, one typically used as an office. Time and neglect had lead to it being littered with newspapers and dust on the floor, while cut-out photos and clippings from newspapers hung from the wall. Some were stained or written on, others left untouched, but all were images from the massive beat-down a month ago. A desk and chair was shoved up against the far wall, as a personal TV set to the news with Vikki Vale quietly illuminated the room in an eerie blue glow.

A blonde with brains, Harleen Frances Quinzel had fallen a long way since being a psychiatric intern at Arkham. Many knew of her obsession with the Joker and his ilk, but compared to her normal self, even she had hit a new low. Her heart had clung to the idea that Mr. J would be back in a timely matter, but as the days had turned to weeks, even her own optimism had begun to wane. A gloved finger spun a revolver on the table, as she slumped over in disinterest. She had gone longer stints without Mr. J, but the fact that the world had lost so much so quickly still had its ripples. Glancing into the mirror beside the desk, she saw her lipstick smeared and the tears had made her makeup run.

Whatta mess.

“A new poll comes in tonight at 11: National depression rates at an all time high? Tune in and find out,” the TV blared as her face slowly lifted up from the desk, heading over to the closet. As her hand opened the door, a myriad of toys, props, and various other piles of junk poured out, before she carefully sorted through the grenades, birthday claymores, and other fun gadgets that had been stored up.

A loud slam echoed through the abandoned warehouse, as the gang sat up to see what was going on. In the doorway stood Harley, topped off with enthusiasm and energy. A small plan had hatched in her head. You know those ideas, so bad that you know you shouldn’t go through with them, but you do anyway? Yeah, those plans. One of those suckers had managed to wiggle its way into the blonde noggin of Harleen, as Punch and Judy stood up to attention.

“ALRIGHT YOU BRAINLESS BOZOS, LISTEN UP!” her voice bellowed out. “Mistah J has gone on vacation in anothah dimension, and it’s taking a bit longer than expected fah him to return! The last thing he’s going to want to see when he gets back is to see a bunch of frownie faces on the streets of Gotham! There’s a lot of sad people out there and we’re gonna cheer ‘em up, ya hear? And if I see any of you clowns not doin' yer part, I'm gonna bonk your head off with this here mallet, see?" Heaving the large hammer up over her shoulder to give a reassuring amount of indication with her threat, she began to stride towards the garage doors. "Now get this truck loaded up, we're hitting the town."

Super Powerhouse

12,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
Jaime Reyes

Wow. Refreshingly quiet and injury-free. Not fighting is my new favorite thing

While the action was starting to unravel in Starling and Gotham city, El Paso, Texas seemed to be doing the exact opposite. On an eighty two degree heat of a regular Tuesday night, most sensible people were more focused on cooling themselves down rather than getting into trouble. One such person was named Jaime Reyes. Even though he never exactly stood out in popularity or other normal school feats, Jaime was a teen with a big heart. He lived with his father, mother and occasionally annoying sister. They could be too much at times, but Jaime loved them with all his heart. In addition, he cared greatly about his two close friends Paco and Brenda. Ever since he could remember, they were by his side and together, they were the three amigos of El, Paso.

Beyond his small circle of family and friends in his hometown, Jaime made some a few other interesting friends as well. Ones who had renowned reputations. They weren't exactly close, but saw eye-to-eye and respected him. However, they didn't know the "real" Jaime. That was reserved for his family and two friends. He tries hard to make sure that part stays inside the small circle.

Presently, young Jaime was strewn about on the couch with his eyes practically glazing over to how brain dead he felt from watching C-spam. Honestly, he really wasn't interested in something like this, but it was because there had been nothing else watch. After thirty minutes of his mind suffering, he reached for the remote to change the channel. He hoped that something exciting would happen.

Theme Music: Theophany - Molgera

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Harley Quinn
Mistress of Mayhem

Sitting in an alleyway, the truck sat and idled as the group sat watch while the majority of the thugs squatted in the bed. A flashlight lit up the empty space as a group of clown-faced goons stared at a map, tapped by a feminine finger which commanded a screeching voice barking orders of the plan. Most people grew up in Gotham, and so the familiar street names and locations rang true to the cadre of folk. Their target was not obvious, at least right off the bat. While many assumed that Whacko Toys may be the first thing to hit up, this would not be the case.

Thousands of people were in attendance. Seats, filled to the brim with the prim and proper debutantes of the Gotham Elite were here, mostly for show. A few did enjoy the atmosphere, but there were just as many who only went to broker deals and mergers while meeting with business friends, or to just acquire political clout. But with everything, the beginning of the show was enough to quiet and calm everyone down, either into a relaxed stance of an amused trance or simple boredom. The Gotham Metropolitan Auditorium lacked one particular person in attendance though, which the news was all a chatter about, the lack of a Bruce Wayne. As the melodies slowly soothed the populace, the sonatas grew quiet, as the spotlight focused on the center stage, where an international pianist was performing. It must have come as some shock then, several minutes into his performance, the light began to flicker. A small red line formed, followed by two more, as the lamp had a giant red smiley face drawn onto it.

Gas flooded the stage as a quick hijacking of both pianist and piano followed. Armed mooks on stage fired canisters into the audience to disperse the crowd and causing mass panic. All according to initial plans, as Harley laughed aloud, firing off her pop-pop gun's own canisters. "Alright everyone, Exit Stage Right!" she shouted, as the large instrument was hauled away off stage and the pianist was gagged and bound by large mooks. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff