Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Traveler

»§§§§§§« { Caelyn Noroloth } »§§§§§§«
Priestess of the Erutan Order

User Image

Caelyn gripped her staff tightly in fear as she watched with wide eyes as the Commander took an attack from the creatures. The young woman's shoulders were tensed and her body stiff making her unable to move. Atfer the instructions given to her, Caelyn moved to stand directly behind the strong woman and almost seemed to shrink herself in stature as though to become less of a target. The Commander tried to attack one of the gargoyles but the beast was able to dodge while in flight and, as the other woman returned to stand in front of her, the Priestess could let out a cry as the gargoyle came at Commander Althea again. 'I have to do something!' She thought desperately though not knowing what she could possibly do. Caelyn was defenseless and knew that she was of no help in battles. 'Ai! Please help us!' She begged as above Mogrik was yelling at Mogtel.

»»»»»»» Mogtel ««««««
The Scholar of the Moogles

User Image

"I'm giving you a strategy! That's what I'm doing kupo!" Mogtel replied angrily as the female moogle put the book away in her bag and began to search for another. "And don't forget that I am not completely without my own offense!" She puffed out as she pulled another book from within her book and this one began to glow as Mogtel tossed it into the air making the object float just in front of her. She might not have as strong of a Wind attack as Mogrik with his Wind Rhapsody but her Geomancy could still pack a punch.

"Mogrik!" The female moogle called out in shock as the male was knocked from the bridge. Her little body jumped up to lift off the ground in order to see as the male moogle flew back up into view and her little bitty eyes filled with relief. "Be more careful you idiot kupo!" Mogtel called out as she turned away to start casting a spell but, unlike Mogrik, her spells took longer to cast. Caelyn had covered her mouth with her hands when Mogrik had been knocked down and at the sight of him her hands had moved to grasp together at her heart. 'Please Ai! Please help us! I do not wish for my companions to parish!' The Priestess screamed inside her mind as she saw the moogle lift up while telling the Commander that he was going to go to a roof.

------------------------------

It all happened so suddenly. Caelyn saw a gargoyle charging towards Mogrik. Her mouth opened as if to warn the little moogle but it was obvious that her cry would not reach him in time. And then...time seemed to stop. The Priestess stood there for a moment in confusion as the world around her appeared to gray and lifeless. Mogrik was able to be struck by the beast, Mogtel was almost done with her spell and the Commander had her sword out in front of her in order to block another attack. Caelyn stood there dumbfounded and her hands lowered from her chest to wrap around her staff once again.

"Will you watch them parish?"

"What!" Caelyn heard the voice ask her calmly and the Priestess clinched her hands tighter together while shaking uncontrollably. It was the deity Ai herself who had spoken. "No! I do not wish to!" The young woman replied in despair as she stared up into the sky with tears beginning to form at the corners of her eyes. "I want to help! I don't want anyone to get hurt! I want to protect them!" Caelyn shouted up to the heavens in desperation as the tears freed themselves in order to travel down the woman's cheeks.

"Then protect them Priestess. Protect them with all of your might."

The Priestess eyes turned to stare towards Mogrik and slowly it felt as though time were starting back up again as the gargoyle began to inch towards the defenseless moogle. Her heart was pounding, her body was shaking and her vision was slightly blurred from the tears. "Mogrik. Mogrik." Caelyn said his name longingly as if reaching out to grasp whatever hope was left. "I- I will...I will protect you!" She called out and in that moment the gem on the top of her staff burst forth a beautiful green light.

------------------------------

Time returned with the gargoyle coming at Mogrik but, as the beast's claws reached out to rip into the moogle's body, it was suddenly pushed back with that same green light that now seemed to surround Mogrik. The monster let out a cry of frustration and Caelyn stood there in shock at the realization that Mogrik had not been touched by the beast. 'Did- Did I just do that?' She asked herself in awe. Mogtel saw the green light that protected Mogrik but did not direct her attention to the Priestess because her spell was ready. "Aero." The moogle spoke sending a gust of sharp wind towards the gargoyle that had come at Mogrik. "Now's your chance, kupo! Go!" She called to the other moogle before preparing to start another spell.

Caelyn could feel her heart still pounding and she was still shaking, however, the Priestess now felt for the first time a single strand of real confidence within. Reaching up, Caelyn wiped the tears from her eyes in order to clear her vision. "I- I will protect you all!" She spoke to the three as she took a now more upright stance and her hands kept the staff gripped tightly in front of her. 'I can do this!' The Priestess told herself and a determined look finally spread across her face.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Company: Mogtel, Mogrik, Commander Noctstein
Feeling: Despair and then a Hint of Confidence
Tune: I WILL FIGHT!

Techpriest Enginseer's Significant Otter

Excitable Duck

Ɍosαlie Ɍαinesx.x
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

╔═════════════════════ That WARM and l o v i n g GLOW

That day found Rose exploring the exhilarating city of Thearan. Although she’d been in the city before, she had only ever been there on trade business, and never had the opportunity to see the brighter side of Thearan culture. She couldn’t bring herself to feel bad about ripping into Cid about the prize winnings the way she had. As much as she’d put up a hot-headed front for that arena owner, she was actually having a great time. Of course, Rose agreed that the warrior Shey deserved a cut of the winnings… after all, without that girl’s victory, none of them would have made any money at all. But Rose knew Thearan’s reputation, and was immediately dubious when she was told there would be a delay in getting her payout. She might not have normally made such a big deal of the delay, but… 4,000,000 gil! That was more money than she’d made since she began working in Pythiteal’s mines years ago. Most importantly, it fixed the problem that she’d travelled all the way to Thearan in an attempt to solve. There was no way she would leave the city, not until she got her hands on that gil and sent it home.

A grin spread across Rose’s lips and a warm laugh bubbled up from her chest unbidden. If she was going to be stuck in a five-star hotel for a few days and get to attend a swanky gala in order to get her gil… well that was just icing on top of the cake! She’d never been to an event so grand, and was honestly looking forward to it with girlish excitement. Not that she'd come prepared for a fancy formal event in the least. Really, she had nothing but the clothes on her back and a spare set of travelling clothes back at the hotel. She didn't even have any money left to her name. Rose put a lot of trust in her gut instinct, and did a lot of reckless things on impulse. This time it had been to spend her last gil betting on Shey, which happened to turn out well for her. But since her money was gone and she couldn't use her golden ticket to gamble, Rose took the time to go on a sightseeing trip. She went through both the nice, and not-so-nice parts of the city, and by the time she had cycled back to the gaming district, she'd already sent more than a few would-be pick-pockets on their way with bruises to show for their efforts. She marveled at how people only seemed to notice that she was a woman on her own, and miss the hard musculature of her arms and solid shoulders. Well, then again, she did tend to dress in such a way as to draw attention to other assets. Maybe that had something to do about it.

Strolling along past brightly lit attractions and arcade games, Rose stopped at a directory to ponder what to do next. She could play some arcade games, but she tended to get so competitive that she often caused trouble in such establishments. Or, there was the one time she'd accidentally broken the whack-a-mole machine by hitting it too hard with the little hammer she was given... No, perhaps she'd find something to spectate once more. She'd already had her fill of the arena, so she began making her way toward the chocobo races. She'd never seen one, but she had heard the thundering of chocobo feet and the roaring of crowds off and on since arriving. It sounded exciting!

The chocobo races were the city's signature attraction after all, and had better prove to be worth it. Rose took a place in the already-building line, shifting restlessly from foot to foot in clunky boots and cracking her knuckles, fidgeting. She hoped there wasn't an admittance fee, or if there was, that she could pay using the tickets on her golden pass. She huffed an impatient puff of air in a sigh, blowing some stray locks of wild black curls out of her eyes. Rose was not a woman who waited well when there was nothing to occupy her time. So, she turned her gaze to the folks around her, people-watching and tapping one foot in a quick staccato beat.

This B U R N I N G in my S K I N ═══════════════════╝

Newbie Genius

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxAlthea Noctsteinxxxxxxxxxxx

As she battled on the trio shifted their focus on one of the sentinels as Althea battled the other on her own. That was a better strategy for splitting the foes up as Althea could handle her own while the other three needed to protect each other. Mogrik had a good plan to bring them down to the ground, a plan that was risky however. Althea fought onward, unable to land much more than scathing blows on the agile opponent, she was going to have to get serious if she planned on doing this beast in.

It was then she saw something she didn’t expect from the priestess. A vibrant green glow from her and then the shield that protected the helpless Moogle. Could it be that Caelyn held the same potential for magic that Althea and that brat did. Shocked she looked towards the priestess and her magic. There was no way that this Order priestess was capable of casting magic, it was unimaginable. If she was like Althea that would make their journey easier but then what would that mean for Caelyn, was she just as much of a threat as the pirate and the girl? In her moment of lapsed judgement she was struck swiftly by the gargoyle. Recovering quickly she rose to her feet and snorted, “Sloppy…” she rubbed her wrist against her nose as she rose up to her feet and gained her footing.

These opponents were just out speeding them, they would crumble if hit with a solid attack. As Mogtel’s wind attack struck its target Althea saw an opportunity. She wasn’t about to be outdone by two moogles and a priestess with no grasp of her powers. Regaining her grip on her blade she decided she’d had enough of the games. Planning to attack when the gargoyle swooped down she was going to finish this with one of her signature attacks, if Caelyn was showing off so would Althea. “You’re no match for me! Thunder Slash!” as the gargoyle swooped towards her she met it head on leaping as she struck, holy lightning striking the gargoyle to the ground. It writhed as it turned back to stone. She wasn’t about to let her comrades be killed by such easy prey. Staying in the action she moved in front of Mogrik and braced for attack, “That took a lot of out of me, so we’re going to need to work together on this one! Get it together, let’s not die here!” hoping she would rouse their fighting spirits the four heroes prepared themselves to take down a singular enemy, not much to it.

>Class: Paladin
                      >Ability: Seiken
                      >Reputation: Paladin of Light
                      >Location: Lost City of Loreal - Bridge
                      >Company: Caelyn, Mogtel, Mogrik
                      >Current Theme:Dust em!

Shy Gaian

Calvina Coulange

User Image

Staring out over the bow of the ship, Calvina had lost track of time. Looking down she could see that the land had given way to the sea at some point, although she couldn't tell exactly when. Pushing away from the railing, the wind and the sounds of the ship helped her to relax, the work on rebuilding the lab, and testing had left fairly little time for her to get a decent rest since returning to the city, and with nothing to do that tiredness began to creep up on her.

Letting out a yawn she walked back down the deck, knowing the guest room was taken, she looked for someplace out of the way to have a nap. Finding just the place, near some crates in the center of the deck, she sits down and leans against one. Pulling her knees up to her chest, her eyelids start to drop.
User Image

Tossing around in his sleep, Toshi had to open his eyes feeling the ship move. It was an uneasy feeling like he was under motion sickness. Returning to his feet, he left the room and went for a quiet walk still feeling his stomach trying to battle down the motion sickness. Why couldn't they have just used a train or something lower to the ground. He had his had tracing wall as though he was scared he was going to fly off the side but he was no where NEAR a place where he could fall out.

He passed some crates seeing who appeared to be the one and only Calvina but at closer observation she was....sleeping? He didn't care..maybe she was too dumb enough to request a room..perhaps..then again if she didn't get any real rest he would maybe be required to carry her around and she was get in way even more. He checked the surroundings to make sure no one was looking before he walked on over and picked her up in his arms.

Carefully still hugging the wall, he brought her back to his room and placed her on the bed and threw her under the blankets. He could lay on the floor, it didn't bother him the least bit. Then he thought to himself....that was HIS bed. As he observed her still sleeping, he sat down beside her giving himself just enough room to sleep next to her.

She appeared harmless but that mean he trusted her, he continued to keep his eyes gazed over her but each time he closed his eyes he forced himself to open them until the point he actually casted his own blindness over his eyes. "There we go.."

Fanatical Cultist

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MOGRIK - KNIGHTLY CHAMPION OF THE MOOGLES

KUPO!

Mogrik let out a squeak of dismay and knowingly raised his buckler too late. He was certain the gargoyle had gotten him. But with a crash the creature slammed against a translucent wall of green and bounced back, screeching and floundering in the air. Mogrik watched it flail about, shaking its head rapidly as though it had just been stunned. Around the moogle, the wall of green light faded from sight, but still he could sense the residual power around him. A power that had protected him.

Just what in the world had that been?

Before he could think on it, Mogtel cast her spell, sending a sharp gust of wind at the gargoyle. The blast seemed to disorient the monster further. Taking the opening, Mogrik charged, ramming the creature with his shield, and sent it flying into a nearby pillar. As it crumbled, he heard the Lady Priestess make a proclamation of protection. Had that green light been her? Did she wield the power of Ai?

Another crash broke the otherwise serene atmosphere of the lost city, and Mogrik spun around, his cape falling away in time to reveal Commander Noctstein deal a deadly blow to the gargoyle she faced. White lightning flashed along with her blade, and in an instant the beast was smote upon the ground. "Kupohoho! Splendid work, Commander!" But his cheer was short-lived as the growls and grumble of his own beast sounded again.

The Commander joined him, ready for action. "Personally, Commander," he said, hovering beside her with sword and shield at the ready, "I'd rather we take it apart! I'll get behind it and blast it with wind. When it's down, you finish it. Kupo? For glory!"

The moogle rushed it, moving to meet the beast head-on. The gargoyle snarled and lunged at him, but at the last second Mogrik dived so that only the end of his came was raked by those claws. He spun in mid-air and sent another Wind Rhapsody at the monster, hoping to send it straight into the Commander's waiting blade. But the moogle overcompensated, and the monster rocketed through the air at a startling speed, hurtling straight toward Mogtel and the Lady Priestess with fangs and claws bared.

Indulgent Star

User Image
      ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇
      spacer
      ɪ'ʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ; xx ɪ'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴍʏ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ. xx ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ; xx ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴡɪʟʟ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴍʏ sᴏᴜʟ.
      ɪ'ʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ; xx ɪ'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴍʏ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ. xx ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ; xx ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴡɪʟʟ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴍʏ sᴏᴜʟ.

spacer
      xxxxxxxxxxxx━━ ᴡʜℯʀᴇᴠℯʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀℯ, ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ sℯᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ. ᴡʜᴀᴛℯᴠℯʀ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋℯs, ɪ ɴℯℯᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.

• Almost immediately after Shey suggested she and Sherry go look at dresses (which hadn’t worked out the way she wanted because, apparently, Sherry didn’t catch on to the subtle hints of desperation in Shey’s voice and didn’t seem very happy with the idea of dress shopping, which Shey saw as odd for a young girl), Sherry’s previous words and accusation registered in Shey’s mind. She had to stop dead in her tracks… and stare. For the moment, she hadn’t even noticed that Reggie had seen her and had come running over, babbling on about something to do with getting kicked out of the arcade. She simply couldn’t believe what Sherry had just said.

“You think… you think that I would… that me and Cid…”

Then, from out of her look of dumbfounded confusion, a wide smile spread across Shey’s face and she pealed forth with laughter. It wasn’t laughter that was meant to scorn or belittle Sherry, but it was genuine and amused laughter. The very idea that she was romantically involved with her uncle was so farfetched and so totally against the traditions Shey and her fellow family and friends back home followed, that she couldn’t help but laugh.

“Oh, Sherry, no. No, no, no. I don’t have that kind of relationship with my uncle.” She stated while trying to get a hold of her laughter. “What in Ai’s name gave you that impression?”

While she waited for a response, she finally addressed Reggie, playfully teasing the youth as she greeted him. “Hey, kid. You got kicked out for cheating? Didn’t know you had a bad streak in you.”

She carefully clutched the plastic sunglasses in her hand and folded her arms over her chest before letting out a heavy sigh. So she hadn’t been able to avoid the kid, and now she was left with a dilemma; figuring out how to deal with two preteens. However, the situation was rather peculiar. They all had powers.

Casting a glance in Sherry’s direction, she recalled that she hadn’t admitted her powers, despite the other calling her out on them. Truth be told, Shey wasn’t sure how she felt about her own powers yet. After all, she’d only discovered them the day before in a near-death situation. Sherry probably wanted to talk about it, and Reggie… well, Reggie probably would talk too much. Shey needed to bring them somewhere where she could talk to Sherry and where Reggie would be distracted enough to not overload them both.

A thought then crossed Shey’s mind as she recalled something that the kid had mentioned before: a chocobo plush. Now there was something.

“You know what,” she started, turning back to Sherry, “scrap the dress shopping. The stuff in there is too gaudy and frilly anyways. I wanna show you guys something awesome.”

She paused then, realizing that Sherry had no idea who Reggie was. “Oh, and by the way, Sherry, this is Reggie – or Regworth – I don’t know which it is today. And Reggie, this is Sherry. All of us have the awesome pleasure of being connected by the wonder that is… my uncle.”

Sarcasm in that last statement? Definitely. But it was a tone fitting for a description of Cid.

She turned and motioned for both kids to follow her. “C’mon. And Sherry, I imagine you have a few things you want to ask me. I have a few things I might want to ask you as well. We’ll be able to talk where I’m gonna take you guys.”

Shey then led them both to Thearan’s crown jewel; the center of the city where everyone flocked to at some point or another; the place that stood as Thearan’s defining feature, aside from the crime and casinos:

The Chocobo Races.

The arena was – without a doubt – one of the biggest buildings in all of Thearan, only matched by Cid’s office and the hotel where they were all staying. Already, people were piling into the building, eager to get in to see the first races of the evening. This used to be one of Shey’s favourite places, mainly due to the wonderful opportunities to pick-pocket, but she’d moved on to bigger and better cons to play, so she took the races for something else now. It was a place for her to escape to and relax as she had the opportunity to take advantage of the VIP area.

She led Sherry and Reggie through the crowd, momentarily feeling discomfort as it suddenly started to get really warm. It reminded her of the feeling she’d got in Cid’s office the day before; an odd feeling that caused her to look up and around. She didn’t see anything odd or abnormal at first, but then a young woman caught her eye.

It was the girl from yesterday.

Shey held her breath, her instincts going crazy with suspicion. Was it just a coincidence? Or was there something more going on here? She debated whether she should go over and greet the other, but she pushed the thought from her mind. If she brought this woman along, there was no knowing if she was involved in this whole ‘Ai’ ordeal, and she wouldn’t get to talk to Sherry about their unique ‘gifts’. And so, she momentarily ignored the other, bringing Sherry and Reggie to a separate entrance.

There were two security guards standing by the door and they inquired about Shey’s identity as she approached. She nodded to the guards and flashed her gold card to them. “The kids are with me, gentlemen.”

They were granted entrance, and Shey led the two into the VIP area.

The VIP area was a pretty large lounge that was an elevator ride up to an area that had a perfect view over the entire arena. On one side of the room was a bar where waiters came and went to serve people, and on the other side of the room, there was a glass wall that separated the lounge from a slightly lower balcony where people could watch the race.

“Well, Reggie, I can’t give you a plush chocobo, but I can show you the real thing.”

Shey then seated herself in a small cluster of couches where no one would be able to hear whatever conversation she would have. She motioned for Sherry to come join her while she allowed for Reggie to fawn over the chocobos in the race. Once Sherry took a seat, Shey leaned back into the couch and let out a breath of air.

“And so, the number continues to rise.” She stated cryptically. “You and the pirate make four.”

▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇

LOCATION :: Tʜᴇᴀʀᴀɴ xxxxx COMPANY :: Sʜᴇʀʀʏ, Rᴇɢɢɪᴇ xxxxx EMOTION :: Cᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ
                                          spacer
                                          ACCESSORY :: Rɪʙʙᴏɴ xxxxx CURRENT WEAPON :: N/A xxxxx THEME :: Sʜᴇʏᴀʟʟɪsᴇ
                                          spacer
                                          HP :: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉ xxxxx MP :: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
                                          spacer
                                          OOC :: Rose can feel free to join the group if she so wishes since she's got a card. I just needed to get things moving.

Enduring Traveler

»§§§§§§« { Caelyn Noroloth } »§§§§§§«
Priestess of the Erutan Order

User Image

Caelyn's heart about stopped when she saw from the corner of her eye the Commander taken an attack that knocked her down. "Commander!" The Priestess' eyes widened in shock and her mind was racing as suddenly the overwhelming sense of guilt filled her soul. She had said that she would protect them and yet it would seem that only Mogrik had been protected by her power, which meant that she was limited. In her moment of despair, Caelyn heard the words that had been said by her mother once. 'Caelyn, when you say something you are not saying it just to represent yourself but also as the Priestess of the Erutan Order. This means that your words hold a power far greater than yourself. So when you say something that you truly wish to say never let doubt creep into your heart. For the moment that you lose confidence in your own words, then others will lose confidence in you.' She needed to believe in herself, to take control of the situation. Even if this was a battle against monsters that did not change the fact that she needed to be the Priestess of the Erutan Order.

"You're no match for me! Thunder Slash!" Caelyn's eyes widened in awe as an amazing bolt of lightning struck one of the gargoyles to the ground. It turned to stone and now they were down to only one enemy. 'The Commander's powers are so amazing...' Caelyn thought as she watched the Paladin move in front of Mogrik. She glanced over to see Mogtel still buffing another wind attack, Aero, with her little paws raised in the air and a glowing light shining from the book. 'We can do this. We can win!' The Priestess told herself as her confidence grew in both herself as well as the other members of her party. Hearing the Commander's encouraging words towards everyone, Caelyn tightened the grip on her staff and started to concentrate as hard as she could on casting the spell, Protect, again.

»»»»»»» Mogtel ««««««
The Scholar of the Moogles

User Image

"I just need a little more time kupo!" Mogtel called out as her eyes were fixated on Mogrik as well as Althea's back. She heard her fellow moogle's strategy given to the Commander but her brow frowned. 'Does he still have the strength?' Mogtel wondered as the male moogle had already been hit hard as well as used his magic twice. 'Stop worrying about him and concentrate kupo!' Mogtel scolded herself as she closed her eyes for the spell was almost ready.

She didn't seen the gargoyle coming until she heard Caelyn's voice crying out her name. "Mogtel!" The young girl's voice called and the female moogle opened her eyes in time to see the creature flying over Althea's head to come barreling towards them. 'NO KUPO! MY SPELL ISN'T READY!' She realized in a panic knowing that she couldn't push the enemy back in time. It was then that the moogle saw the Priestess running towards her from the corner of her eye and as the moogle turned her head she saw one of the Priestess' arms reaching out in order to wrap around the little moogle's stomach. "Protect!" Caelyn's voice rang out as her staff was raised in front of the two of them. A bright green light shot out from the gem seated at the top of the staff and as the gargoyle reached them Mogtel saw the beast get flung backwards straight to Althea.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Company: Mogtel, Mogrik, Commander Noctstein
Feeling: Desperation and Growing Confidence
Tune: We finish this, together!

Fanatical Cultist

User ImageUser Image
                                                                          `•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Hellbent on keeping herself out of all those frilly fru-fru dresses, Sherry almost didn't notice when someone else joined them outside the shop. Shey let her go, and she stumbled back a step as the boy hurried over to them with a toy staff and some sunglasses in his hand. The latter he handed over to Shey before immediately launching into an explanation of where he'd gotten them and how they had a giant chocobo plushie and how he was caught cheating and thrown out of the arcade. He then looked to Sherry without missing a beat and told her to do it, offering her a ticket.

"I am a girl, I'm at least the same age as you, and I can absolutely kick your a**, so can you not tell me to do something for you as a random person I just met? Yeah? Great." She reached toward him, but skipped the ticket and went straight for his staff. She stole it from him and used it to give him a light bonk on the head. "Don't get caught next time and you won't need help. Or better yet, just steal the plush instead of wasting time and money on the machines."

She rolled her eyes as Shey went about denying her relationship with her uncle and the secretary. Suuuuuuuuuuure that wasn't how it was. Or maybe she was wrong and Cid wasn't her uncle. He just asked all his women to call him that. Sick freak.

But the research data, Sherry. Remember the research data.

Shey introduced her to the boy, Reggie. Twirling the plastic staff like a baton, she handed it back to the boy by the end while Shey made another reference to "Uncle" Cid. Sherry shuddered, but followed when Shey offered to show them both something.

As it turned out, she wanted to show them real chocobos.

While Reggie went about fawning over the birds, Sherry joined Shey, taking a seat in a plush chair across from the woman. She made herself comfortable, leaning her back against one arm and letting her legs dangle over the other. As she pulled her hair out from under her and let it fall over the arm, Shey said soemthing strange.

"You and the pirate make four."

For a few seconds Sherry just stared at her. Then her gaze darted over to Reggie, bouncing around like crazy looking at all the chocobos on the track. "Him, too?" She sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "So much for Dad's theory about it being localized. It's five, actually," she added, glancing over at Shey. "This hag paladin that works for Desideria has them, too. And she's probably still looking for me. It's weird. I had a really weird dream the day these powers started to show. It was a dream, though, so I didn't think much of it. But I remember there being a bunch of different lights. All different colors. Maybe there's more of us than we think. Heh. Dad and Cal and the others would've had a field day if they'd found out before..." She let her gaze wander.

"Anyway, I don't know much about them. They just showed up about a month ago and the researchers wanted to know where it came from. They couldn't figure it out, but I guess they found a way to hold and harness the energy me and Noctstein can put out. Presiden Orthralles said it would "pave the way to the future." I don't know, how though. Heck, I'm still trying to figure these powers out. Vega seems to have a better grasp of his than I do mine. He's got water powers, by the way, and you already know what I can do. What about you? And him? I'd ask directly, but..."

She stole a glance at Reg and grinned at an overzealous reaction he had to the races. Somehow she had the feeling that was probably his norm. "I'm not sure if I'd get an answer, or be on the wrong side of a demonstration."

Newbie Genius

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxAlthea Noctsteinxxxxxxxxxxx

With the drop of the first gargoyle the second fell shortly after. With a complicated strategy figured out by the Moogles and some quick saves from Caelyn the second gargoyle was tumbling towards Althea quickly. As it hit the ground it bounced towards the Commander, with a slight move she shifted her weight to the side as it tumbled past her, barely missing her, blowing her hair to the side with the force of the attack. As it tumbled past her it hit the wall, in what seemed like a moment later Althea dashed towards it and with a swift punch hit the gargoyle in the chest, leaving a crater in the stone beast, as it froze into stone. Pulling her hand out of the small chest crater she shook her hand off and spun her sword, returning it to the sheath on her back.

The trio fought well together, the Moogles both knew their powers and with Caelyn growing into her own powers things were going to get easier. She had no doubt that they would need to hurry up their progress if they were going to keep up with these criminals. Although the battle was short enough they would add up in time and mess with their pursuit. Turning back towards the party she tussled her hair to put it back into the style she usually wore it. Snorting she approached the trio and a small grin crept across her mouth, “well done, those were the toughest opponents we have faced so far,” walking through the three of them she approached the edge of the bridge, “but look, with the fog cleared we can see that land bridge.” Pointing down towards the bridge that connected Loreal to Thearan, it was only crossable during low tide so they had to move through it as soon as possible. “We probably don’t have time to spare, so catch your breath and we’ll continue through the city, we have go down into the mist again, so we’ll use the same formation.”

Dusting off her hands she looked over her body, she had sustained minor wounds, nothing worth using her energy on using her Cure magic. The Thunder Slash did so much damage to her body, she still used a lot of energy when it came to her attacks like that. The Cure was much easier to handle as it was usually healing energy with would make it a little easier to handle. As for the attacks, they took a bigger toll on her body. She would get used to it, but the powerful attacks were worth it to take down tougher opponents.

>Class: Paladin
                      >Ability: Seiken
                      >Reputation: Paladin of Light
                      >Location: Lost City of Loreal - Bridge
                      >Company: Caelyn, Mogtel, Mogrik
                      >Current Theme:Victory Assured

Techpriest Enginseer's Significant Otter

Excitable Duck

Ɍosαlie Ɍαinesx.x
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

╔═════════════════════ That WARM and l o v i n g GLOW

It didn't take long for Rose's restless eye to pick up on the presence of Shey and Reggie. Aside from the fact that Shey's distinctive blue hair stood out, the small group was also headed toward a cordoned-off door to the arena with no traffic. Rose didn't recognize the other girl with her fellow arena-winners, but figured she must be someone of similar importance.

But what mattered the absolute most...

...Was that they got to cut the line! Shey flashed the golden ticket, and the doormen miraculously stepped aside and let them through. Rose looked at the ticket clutched in her hand with consideration. Why hadn't she thought of that? There she was, standing in line like all the other mooks, when she could be getting VIP treatment! Screw that!

With the confident stride of a woman entitled to what she wanted, Rose gladly let herself out of the throng at the main entrance. She hated waiting around, so this was a stroke of luck. She flashed her golden pass at the men in front of the VIP entrance, as well as a winning smile that mostly went unnoticed when men's gazes slid elsewhere.

"Excuse me, gentlemen... I'll just be heading on up now. Courtesy of Mr. Stellazzio."

She didn't give them a chance to question her, not that her claim was illegitimate anyway. Rose just did everything one hundred and ten percent. Her wild black curls swayed and bounced merrily behind her as she mounted the steps up to the VIP box. She could hear voices from above, it sounded like Shey was deep in some kind of important conversation with the younger girl. It wasn't until she heard something about a dream and powers that she stopped and stood on the stairs, listening to the voices from above.

"I had a really weird dream the day these powers started to show."

Well that hit surprisingly close to home. Did she have something in common with these people? They must be... the other lights! From the dream! Rose had to pause to consider this new information. She'd been injured and unconscious, and half chalked that vision up to fever dreams brought on by infection. She'd tried to continue with her life as normal, albeit with a nagging feeling of urgency that tugged at the back of her mind. It wasn't until she started spontaneously combusting that she set out on her own journey.

Well, that put things in a different light. But Rose wasn't one to sit on secrets for long, or hide the fact that she'd been eavesdropping. She clomped up the stairs, purposefully letting her feet fall more heavily to announce her presence.

She strode into the glass-walled VIP box and made a beeline for Shey and the other girl. She spared a glance and a smile for Reggie (who had only seen her impetuous side back in the office) and then plopped into a seat on the other side of the girl, putting her in the middle.

"Huh! And to think I didn't even realize there was a VIP booth up here. What a view!" She leaned back and rested one heavy boot-clad ankle on the opposite knee, the very picture of relaxed posture... although when she spoke, her chipper voice carried a serious undertone. "Oh, and I'd up your count to six. I had the dream too. And I start fires."

She raised a brow and leaned forward enough to look both of them in the eye with speculation. "Fancy meeting you folks here like this. Coincidence? Divine providence?"

She left the statement open-ended, letting the words hang until she shrugged them off. Clearly though, something greater was at work here, the only question was who - or what - was pulling the strings. Rose didn't presume to know exactly what was going on.

This B U R N I N G in my S K I N ═══════════════════╝

IRL Ladykiller

User Image xxxxxRegworth Makara

xxxxxxxxxx"I've got a shocking personality."
xxxxxxx[/cue groans and disapproving looks]

The red-head was so rude! The boy could only stare in offended shock, giving a yell as she took his staff and whacked him with it. "Ow! With an attitude like that they're bound to catch you anyways!" he tried to get his staff back. "And I would steal it but it's hanging on the ceiling you twit!" he kept trying to grab it, giving a whine as the spinning toy smacked him in the hands, and then was offered. He snatched it back, green eyes glaring holes at the taller girl. Rude demoness. Ugly-faced snob. He shoved the tickets back in his pocket, looking at Shey while rubbing his bruised head. Somewhere better than frilly dresses? Did you mean everything else??

He frowned at the newly met Sherry. "Regworth." he affirmed, "Your Uncle has poor taste in people." he grumbled, following after the adult, staff in hand in case he had to protect himself from Sherry.

They pushed through the crowds, or, Shey did. She paved the path for them, though they had to keep close, and he was doing his best not to touch the other girl, keeping a very small air of space around him, butting anyone who got close with the staff. At least Sherry was keeping her distance from him, between him and Shey. They were ducklings following Mama Duck. Everyone was so noisy, and the boy's green eyes kept traveling up to the screens, the advertisements, the shows, the news. Where were they going? What could have been more important than dress shopping? Didn't girls love that sort of thing? Well, Reggie did sometimes, she wasn't entirely too fond of it. He was thankful for that, never owned a dress in his life and planned to keep it that way.

Soon though he started reading the signs. Races? Growing more alert, he stood straighter, now actively seeking to be higher than everyone else, reading what he could. Races, images of chocbos. On the screens! Chocobo races! A grin split his face in two, bouncing with excitement as he rushed forward, trying to get them to quicken their pace. "We're going ot the races?! I can't believe you're taking us to the races! Can we sit in the stands?! Are there close seats?" the electricity was buzzing so hard in his skin he could have sworn it was warming him, making him hot. Oh but he was just too excited! He was bouncing with each step. "Hurry hurry hurry hurry!" She flashed her card to someone, Regworth bringing his backpack around to flash his, but was gently pushed through bu the guard, though not without getting a nasty static shock in return. "Sorry! Thank you!" He happily got into the elevator, repeating 'chocobo races' under his breath like some magical chant, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Then the doors opened, and he bounded out like the chocobos below were bounding out of their stalls. Not even a 'goodbye' or 'i'll be over there' to the women. Nothing. He bolted out and went straight for the window, eyes bright and glittering with joy. The whole track! He could see the whole track!

"SHEY. THEY'VE GOT FIRE-FEATHERS IN THE RACE!" he shouted across the room, hands pressed to the glass, face almost there. "AND LADY DAHLIA. SHE HAD TWELVE WINS LAST YEAR! NUMBER FORTY-SIX IS PIG FACE. HE'S GOT THE HIGHEST RANKING STAMINA IN THE GAMES! " The child was emitting a high pitched noise akin to glee, watching the birds dash across the tracks, moving quickly across the glass to follow the birds. Ahhh! Look at them go! Look at their feathers in the floodlights! Look at how concentrated their riders were! "Swift's rider is gonna fall off or come in later with that posture. You can't stay hunched over a chocobo you gotta slim yourself out. That's not aerodynamic at all." The birds looped back around, child now focused on the birds rather than the excitement. It was still warm in the room, though.

"Oh, she's limping. SHEY. DON'T BET ON LACKADAISY. SHE BROKE HER LEG LAST SEASON AND IT DOESN'T LOOK HEALED." he looked at the trip of women, looking back at the window. "Shouldn't have even put her back in the races when it's not healed. It's only gonna get worse. That's some lackadaisical chocobo care." he grumbled, "Needs to get her out of the race in case she fractures it again." he paused, looking at the racer that passed. He didn't know that one. Was that one new? A foreigner perhaps? The boy looked away from the window at any nearby tables, quickly going to one older couple. "Can I borrow that real quick?" After a moment they handed him the small little booklet, and the child opened it, going back to the window.

What number was that? Twelve blue? He flipped the pages of the types racers, races and advertisements, finally finding the lists of racers and birds themselves. Blue, blue, Twelve blue right there. From the Restless Dessert? The boy looked at the stats of the bird, which was indeed taller and more narrow than the rest. "Well his stats aren't bad... His speed is way up there though, no doubt fighting with the desert winds. Thank you." and handed it back, looking and finding the main bar where they served the VIPs. He trotted over, standing on his toes and peering up. "Do you have more of the booklets with the racers? I need four." and waited as they were retrieved. "Do you have a pen?" he took the items and trotted back to the window, sititng on the floor in front of it and watching, one book open.

It was quick work, watching the race then looking at the racers in the book. He'd kept track with nearly all of the races, preliminaries, entrance races, final races, and when he was done circling in his book he did the same in the others. Good, yes, he stood, giving the pen back to the counter and trotting to the ladies,

"Bet on the ones I super circled. Those just kinda circled are okay bets but if you wanna lose money." he tossed a book to Shey, and after a moments hesitation tossed one to the woman from yesterday, not looking her in the eye. He did however look at Sherry, giving a smug little grin. "If you say please I'll give you yours." he dropped it in her lap though, feeling the electricity move with his intent, then touched her on the face.

It was supposed to be static.

He supposed, in all his chocobo-induced excitement, that he had enough to give her a bolt.

A large bolt.

One that actually caused her hair to floof up and stretch the ribbon on her hair.

The boy stared for a moment before breaking out into loud laughter. "Y-YOUR HAIR! SHERRY YOUR HAIR!" and pointed at it, fluffing it, feeling some of the static in it before continuing his laughter.

Aralyn Nukrias

General Phade

Moment`s Indecisi
o2tindng:58="Moment`s Indecision`']

Indulgent Star

User Image

• Despite how upset Vega got at the words Cid spoke, the older man was able to keep his calm and not offer any reaction that could feed the younger’s anger. Personally, Cid didn’t know why Vega was suddenly angry and accusing of him. After all, he was the one trying to help.

Then, from accusing him of leaving out details, Vega started making implied accusations that Cid had plans to con the young teen. As soon as he finished his rant, silence fell between the two. A long moment passed by before Cid let out a long sigh.

“You know, it hurts that you don’t trust me, by now.” He stated rather sadly, though it was questionable as to if that sadness was actually genuine. He gave a small shrug before continuing, his voice levelling back out to his normal speaking tone. “Anyways, I have no plans to con your friend. I have no need.”

He glanced back to his desk to momentarily eye the gray case that had been handed to him earlier. “Besides, anything of importance that I would have wanted to get from her, she was already willing to give. I want to help her out. I may not be one of the most trustworthy people out there, but I trust the people in charge of Desderia even less.”

He fell silent again, his thoughts dwelling on what possible schemes his old friend could be up to. If they had cut ties with him before they started whatever research was on that disc, then they didn’t want Cid knowing about it. But was this information just limited to the strange powers that the girl and (supposedly) Vega possessed?

No, he thought as his eyes narrowed. If both Vega and Sherry had powers, then who was to say that others didn’t have powers as well. If they were appearing all over Zwn, there was no was that Desderia could hide it. There must have been something else they were trying to keep secret.

“Vega, I’m going to keep searching for more intel on your father, starting with the presence of his pirates in the city. I imagine you’re going to be here for a while, so I’ll let you know if I hear anything.” Cid paused, debating if he should speak of the… other thing. Perhaps he should. Especially if Shey was still in the city.

“Actually, while you’re here, I might have another favour to ask.” He slowly admitted as his expression turned more serious. “There’s… someone in Thearan whom I’ve lost track of; a former employee, you could say. His sanity is questionable, and my last meeting with him left a lingering bad feeling that I haven’t been able to shake. I’m not asking you to track him down as I already have people assigned to that; I just want for you to keep an eye out. I believe he might have intentions of targeting someone who is staying at the Golden Cactaur, same as you and your friend. So, should you see him, I’d like for you to follow him and see what he’s up to. He’s a notorious name around here, so you’d probably recognize him. It’s the Breeder.”

When Vega went to take a shot of whiskey, Cid didn’t bother to stop him, instead joining the blonde for a shot. To Vega’s final question, Cid finally lightened up with a small laugh. “Well, I haven’t got much more I need to discuss with you. If we really need to talk again, I’ve got my annual gala going on tomorrow night. I mean, hey, its wine, women, and song: everything a clever man can take full advantage of. You and the young miss are welcome to attend.”

After the light-hearted tone of his invitation, Cid slipped back into some of the seriousness he held before. “Really, though; keep your eyes open. Therean is more dangerous now than it has ever been.”

Shy Gaian

Calvina Coulange

User Image

Calvina hardly reacted to being picked up, already fairly deep in sleep, her only real response to being in Toshi's arms was to mumble something barely audible. As she was placed into bed she turned slightly to face him, her eyes opening a sliver to see. Still half in her dream, and the accompanying blurriness causing the image in her mind to blend with image of Toshi. Wiggling close to him, she mumbles again, this time it was clear she had said the name of someone, but the entire name didn't make it out before she fell fully back into sleep.

As the two slept there was a loud crash and the ship lurched the side, enough so that even Calvina was knocked off balance, springing upright before she tumbled out of the bed. "Uhg! What the... How did I get here?" She quietly asked herself, looking around the room, only taking a second to spot Toshi and realize. She could hear one of the crewmen shouting about a monster, punctuated by another ship rocking jolt. With her face still a little red, she gets back up and doubting she needed to really get his attention at this point, yells to him before running out of the room. "Come on, we're under attack!"

Running out onto the deck, she twists her right wrist and pulls the cuff of her sleeve up revealing an unfolding collection of gears and parts unfurling into what looked like a crossbow strapped to her arm. Reaching into one of her various pouches and pockets, she pulls out a smallish box, and attaches it to the device with a satisfying click.

Once out on the deck she finally got a look at the attacker, a horned, skull-faced specter looking creature. She tried to identify the thing, but she had never seen something like it before. Spending a moment too much on trying to identify the monster, she barely had time to avoid its attack, diving out of the way as it swooped at her. The Deathgaze's claws carving deep gashes in the planks of the deck and creating a spray of splinters in its wake.

Angelic Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Vega Storm

Vega looked at Cid, "I do ******** trust ya. I know how you bloody are when it comes to making damn Gil," he said to his friend. The Coffee was helping his mind clear and become sober.] "Thanks for looking out for her, I will pay you if I need to." Vega looked at Cid, "Look I'm ******** sorry for going ape s**t, talks of that a*****e puts me on edge, I'll ******** kill him. Sherry has been through a lot to get here, I just... ******** Cid, She lost everything like I bloody did, and she's a ******** child!" That is what it was about her, she reminding him of himself, too much. "I agree, I bloody trust ya more than Desderia also." Vega sat down across from Cid.

“Vega, I’m going to keep searching for more intel on your father, starting with the presence of his pirates in the city. I imagine you’re going to be here for a while, so I’ll let you know if I hear anything.”

"Thanks old friend," Vega said to him, "Yeah I will be here for a while, Sherry needs time to rest and I need to throw away my ******** Gil in the casinos" Vega winked at him. Vega was grateful for Cid, from the start Cid has looked out for Vega. It did not matter how many times he blew up on Cid, Cid was always there for him. Hell Cid was more of a father to him then White Blood.

Vega listened as Cid explained the situation with the breeder. "I bloody told ya he was bad news. Ya I could keep a bloody eye out for the jackass." Vega took his shot and stood up, "Ya I will see ya at the gala, I will be the sexy one. Tell all ya maidens that the Prince of the Sea is coming!" he laughed and when Cid stood up, Vega embraced him as the old friend that he was, "Thanks brother for looking out." He walked out of the room, "Ya ya, I will look out for him." Vega picked up his shirt from the waiting room and tossed it over his shoulder. Vega then called up the elevator and stepped in. after the short ride to his floor, he walked to his room and locked it behind him. He took off his clothes and took a shower.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff