Welcome to Gaia! ::

mintysprig's Queen

Perfect Lunatic

User Image
                          User Image User Image User Image User Image
                          ★ [ L O C A T I O N ► ▷ Route 4, nearing the end ] ★ [ C O M P A N Y ► ▷ Some kid -- Tank ] ★ [ O O C ► ▷ Battle got super long, so I stole Nuke's idea to help those who don't care about his horrible decision making skills :'D ] ★

Claude took a few final deep breaths before standing upright again. Ah, this jog felt really good on his stiff body. He pet carefully at Wildfire's muzzle, still a little apprehensive of getting his hand burnt while touching her. She happily nudged into his hand. "I think I need a little slower pace for now." He laughed, grabbing her Pokeball and returning her back into it. He grabbed for another Pokeball, this time choosing to have Shift float along with him. He was happy to see that Shift seemed to be feeling alright today and not changing into whatever that had been yesterday. It was a little odd to watch, but at least it gave him an idea for a name. "Shift." He greeted him with a nod before continuing his walk along the path.

He was about to note how he enjoyed the silent walk when he heard someone approaching. He smiled down at the young boy challenging him. "Of course." There was really no question about it. His Pokemon had all got plenty of rest, and he was honestly really excited to get some more battling under his belt. "I'd be happy to help." It was a small boost to his pride to know that this kid thought he was a capable training partner. The kid didn't look like he had too much experience himself, but it was still a nice gesture. "Shift." He called to get the attention of the little guy that was zooming down the route without his trainer. "Get over here. You're up first." He motioned towards the kid and his ...eggs. Claude was a little unsure about having his Pokemon hit a group of eggs just sitting there together, but he didn't want to let the kid down.

Once Shift was in position, Claude called out to him. "Shift! Use tackle!" Before the hit could be completed, Exeggcute had used Reflect. Shift hit, doing what seemed to be minimal damage. The battle had only just started, and it was already looking to be more difficult than Claude had planned. "Alright, Shift. Try Tackle again." He called out, hoping to at least do some serious damage before having to let someone else in.

"Hypnosis!" The boy called out. A move Claude was really not the happiest with. Thankfully, the pile of eggs missed and Shift was able to get his strike in.

"Too bad you don't know any more moves yet... Tackle again." Claude instructed, desperately wishing the shield would go down.

"Hypnosis again, Exeggcute!" Claude cringed at the sound of that order, even more when Shift collapsed to the ground to sleep.

"Damn." He growled under his breath, looking down at his sleeping comrade. "Alright. Wildfire, go!" He switched them out quickly, hoping she could serve up more damage than Shift had.

The boy hardly missed a beat, quickly commanding the next move. "Uproar!" The attack hit Wildfire before Claude had the chance to give her an order. Thankfully, she was strong and stood her ground.

Claude reacted quickly, choosing to go for a combination to hopefully get this thing out of the way. "Tail Whip, then Tackle!" With perfect timing, his Reflect dropped. She moved quickly, getting both moves in before she was hit with another Uproar. "Good job, Wildfire." He called out before reaching for another Pokeball. He couldn't risk her getting hit too heavily again. "Turf, there's not much left to him. You can do it!" He called out, really hoping he could finish this off quickly.

"Reflect!" Claude should have known his opponent wouldn't go another turn without getting his defenses back up.

"Two can play at that. Withdraw then Tackle!" He called out, hoping to raise his own defenses enough to keep Turf fighting.

"Uproar!"

"Not this again... Turf, Tackle!" It was taking too long. He wasn't even sure how many others this kid had. Uproar hit again. Claude could tell that Turf was having a rough time, but he looked strong enough to handle one more turn. "One more Tackle should do it, Turf." He called down. Before he could get the move out, Uproar struck a third time and Turf fell. "No! Turf!" Claude cried out, returning him as quickly as he could before he was struck again. Though he was very angry, he knew there was little time for him to worry now. "Tank, go!"

"How many Pokemon do you have?! Exeggcute, Barrage!" The boy called out, using something Claude wasn't very familiar with. He was happy to see it didn't seem to phase Tank too much.

Claude took a moment, deciding exactly what he wanted to do. "Baby-Doll Eyes then Lick!" He still didn't much like saying that aloud. Tank got both moves in before the Exeggcute could do anything else. The eggs finally collapsed backwards. Claude tried his hardest to remain cordial, but he was very glad those damn things were gone.

"You had someone who knew Lick and you've been dancing around this whole time?" The boy stared over at Claude before choosing his next Pokemon. "Go, Volbeat!"

Claude wasn't entirely sure what the kid was even talking about. He was probably just trying to confuse him. He looked at the next Pokemon sent out, recognizing it as a little bug that normally hopped around... just like it was doing now. That was a little annoying in battle. It almost looked like it was taunting him. He took the opportunity to switch Wildfire in.

"Volbeat, use Confuse Ray!" The boy commanded, appearing to have a bit more confidence now.

Claude glanced down, quickly checking Wildfire's moves to try and make the best decision. He could have sworn that hadn't been there before. Might as well go with it. "Wildfire, Growl then Ember!" She seemed a bit hesitant, but was able to connect. "Good job!" He called out to her, impressed with the fire she had produced. That would've been nice to know about last night.

The boy cringed before calling out his next command. "Flash!" A bright light shone, causing Claude to shield his eyes.

"Wildfire, Ember again!" The confusion on her face along with the blinding light caused her to miss. "C'mon girl, you can do it! Try Ember again!" He called out, uncovering his eyes.

"Confuse Ray!" The boy commanded again.

Though she looked a bit startled, Wildfire used Ember quickly and the Volbeat dropped. Claude nodded happily, keeping his celebrations to himself for the time being. It appeared there was something else to come. He called Wildfire back while he had a moment and brought Shift back out.

"Did you forget?" The boy laughed, pointing down at the sleeping Castform on the ground. "Snorunt, go!" He called out, sending the Pokemon out before him.

Claude grimaced, willing the little guy to wake up. He hardly even paid attention to what the boy sent out. "Shift! If you can hear me, use Tackle!" It was worth a shot.

"Snorunt, Bite!" The bite connected, somehow not waking Shift up.

"Shift! Wake up! Use Tackle!" He called again, really hoping he wouldn't have to bring someone else in to finish the job.

"Use Bite again!" The boy called out, a smile on his face.

The move connected again, but this time Shift rustled awake. He slowly moved in for a Tackle. Claude noticed he didn't look like he could take any more hits and regretfully switched him out. "C'mon. Bring us home, Tank!" He looked down at the little bear, really hoping he could handle the task.

"Snorunt, use Powder Snow!"

"Tank, Baby-Doll Eyes then Lick!" Claude called, pointing at the shivering little guy. It just looked downright pathetic shivering over there. In any other situation, he would've gladly tried to warm it up and take care of it. Right now, however, that thing was the enemy. He smiled as the Lick connected, stopping the shivering. Though he wasn't moving anymore, he was still standing. "Okay, Tank. Fury Swipes!" He called out, hoping it would be able to finish the job. Tank moved in, swiping a few times before the Snorunt toppled over.

"Yes!" All of Claude's suppressed emotions rumbled out as he scooped up Tank in one arm and jutted his other fist into the air. He stayed standing like that for a moment before dropping his arm and taking a few steps forward towards the kid. "Thank you for the battle. I hope your training goes well." Claude would have liked to stay and chat a little longer, but he had a Pokemon on his hands that needed some help. He really should have bought more potions when he had the chance.

He continued walking, hoping the town couldn't be that much further. He glanced over at Tank who had sat comfortably on Claude's shoulder. "Y'know." He smiled over at the little guy. "I need to stop underestimating you. You were kind of a bad a** back there." Tank let out another weird grumble growl as they continued on the path.

★ [ I N V E N T O R Y ] ★ [ P O K E M O N ] ★

User Image
                                    - 6300 P
                                    - 3 Pokeballs
                                    - 1 Bottled Water
                                    - 3 Blank Surf Mails
                                    - Lighter
                                    - Compact Fishing Rod

User Image
                                    Tank
                                    Nature: Mild
                                    Level: 8 (0/15 EXP)
                                    Ability: Quick Feet
                        User Image
                                    Shift
                                    Nature: Hasty
                                    Level: 8 (14/15 EXP)
                                    Ability: Forecast
                        User Image
                                    Turf
                                    Nature: Serious
                                    Level: 8 (4/15 EXP)
                                    Ability: Overgrow
                        User Image
                                    Wildfire
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Level: 8 (14/15 EXP)
                                    Ability: Run Away

Quotable Poster

User ImageUser Image

I got a little confession,
                                    I don't know what I'm doing.
                                    But if you want you can play along.

Catalina spent the day battling and training and travelling with Zooey and her Pokemon. Along the way she managed to pick up two more - the unnamed Vulpix and a shiny Mareep named Kandi. Catalina was still in shock the next afternoon that she had managed to find a shiny. What were the odds of finding a shiny so soon into her journey. She'd heard stories of people who had spent years digging through the world to hunt down shiny Pokemon just for bragging rights. It was totally unbelievable that she'd managed to find one so early. She wondered if anyone else had found one yet!

She and Zooey got to know each other pretty well over the twenty-four hours they knew each other. As they got deeper and deeper into the route, Cat found herself relying on Zoeey. The two worked together to cut through trainers and wild Pokemon, no matter how vicious or insurmountable the goal. They cheered each other on, congratulated each other on battles, and found their way to the edge of Route 4, where Santalune City stared out at them, glinting and gleaming in the mid-afternoon light.

Cat pulled her coat closer to herself, grinning in awe at the little city. Sure, it was nothing compared to Lumiose or even some of the other cities she'd seen in her lifetime, but this time the city meant more than any other. She'd captured Pokemon, found trainers, trained hard. Now, well, now she had a chance. She had a chance to become a true Pokemon trainer, one with a gym badge and everything. Santalune City had the first gym. Santalune City had the first mark of what it meant to be a trainer. To obtain her first gym badge, now that would be a story worth capturing on film.

"Soon, but not right away," Catalina said when Zooey asked her if she planned on going to the gym right away. "I'd like to hit the Pokemon Centre first, maybe take some pictures and get some food so we can rest up. Then I'll hit the gym. I want us all to be in tip-top shape for the battle!" She pumped her first into the air and did a little jump. Next to her, Caspian and Kandi cheered as well. They mimicked her as best as they could.

"Oh! Zooey!" A man approached the two, his words and eyes falling to Zooey. Catalina shuddered. This man was something else, and she did not like him in the least. She hoped Zooey would be okay.

User Image
                                    Inventory
                                    Camera | Sleeping Bag
                                    Pokemon Food | 2 Pokeballs | 5 Potions
                                    7,250p

Pokemon
                                    User Image
                                    Caspian
                                    Level 10 | 11/30 EXP

User Image
                                    Matilda
                                    Level 9 | 7/15 EXP

User Image
                                    Kandi
                                    Level 10 | 8/30 EXP

User Image
                                    Vulpix
                                    Level 9 | 0/15 EXP

Party: Zooey and Nate.

Maybe I'll wake to find
                                    That I went and blew it.
                                    But 'til I do, I'll keep going strong.

Naughty Flatterer

User Image
                                                        G U I N E V E R ExxxF L A M E L
                                                        w o l v e s in our own skins WHAT !!!
                                                        xxxxxxwe're s a v a g e sΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ
                                                        xxxwe act so p r i m i t i v e WHAT !!!
                                                        ohhh ohhh ohhh do the rain dance
                                                        like you're on F I R E [like you're on FIRE!]

Gwen froze at the sound of someone trying to get her attention. She paused, a befuddled expression taking over her face. A young guy was breaking from the treeline and headed her way, wearing a great big grin. Gwen looked around, trying to figure out which of the girls he was specifically addressing, but then he planted himself smack in front of her. He didn't hesitate with his intentions, and as he invited her into a Pokemon battle, she ran through a series of varied emotions. She was moderately horrified to be challenged again with her Pokemon weakened, shocked that she was being so blatantly hit on, and then moderately appalled by the corny pick-up. Topped off by a cheesy wink and hand motion.

To say her jaw was dropped basically to her chest would practically be an understatement.

However, she regained her composure, and to even her own surprise let out a giggle. She quickly slapped a hand over her mouth, realizing that she sounded like an idiot, and probably seemed rude to boot. Benjamin looked temporarily disheartened, but continued to grin, inclining his head as if waiting for an actual response. She had to admit, she was charmed. Gwen pulled her hand from her face, though she was still smiling.

"Uh, sure Ben- um Ben Jammin'? I'm Gwen, and just know I don't like to lose!" Gwen informed him with a nod, stepping off of her bike and setting it on it's stand. She turned to face him, hands on her hips and chin lifted slightly in defiance. Benjamin let out a whoop before moving back a few paces and turning to face her.

"Pretty and feisty? That's fine by me! Let's go, Foongus!" He called, releasing the mushroom-shaped Pokemon out into the space between them.

Gwen didn't hesitate to release her Tepig. Dell took a fighting stance the moment he was released. He was the most replenished of her Pokemon, and his fire-type moves were hopefully going to help them out quite a bit.

"Foongus, use Astonish!"

The mushroom charged in it's strange hopping fashion. Gwen wasn't sure that it should have been able to move that fast, but it did, squealing as it slammed into Dell. The Tepig froze, and Gwen panicked when she realized Dell had flinched.

"Astonish again!"

The Foongus backed up a few hops, squealed a battle cry and slammed into Dell again. This time, though, Dell seemed to bounce back from the hit, though he'd slid back a few paces. Already, this battle was going downhill for Gwen.

"Dell, use Ember!" Gwen called, fists clenching at her side. Dell gave a determined nod before releasing a burst of flame at the Foongus. The Foongus seemed quite displeased about this, backing up a bit on his own.

"There you are, Gwen, thought you'd fallen asleep on me! Alright, Foongus, let's show the lady what's what, Growth, and then use Absorb!" Benjamin called. He seemed pretty confident he was going to win this battle, already. On one hand, Gwen could see why, she was sucking it up. But on the other hand, it was annoying that he seemed so confident. Dell took the Absorb with no more than a twitch, but he was already pretty banged up, so it still wasn't looking good for them.

"Dell, use Ember again!"

The Tepig fired off another round of flames. The Foongus appeared a little more singed, signalling that it'd been Burned pretty badly this time around. Dell looked smug, and Benjamin faltered a bit.

"Astonish!"

Dell braced himself for the attack, wincing as the Foongus ran into him again with that alarming sound. But he was ready when Gwen called for another Ember. Between the third blast and the burn, Foongus was slowly looking to be more on Dell's level. Benjamin called for an Absorb again, and while the damage still wasn't great, it was enough. Dell wasn't looking so hot.

"Dell! C'mere, sugar!" Gwen called, frantically digging through her messenger bag. She pulled out a bottle of Fresh Water, kneeling to give it to Dell. The Tepig drank eagerly, and once he was done he looked replenished. He gave her a confident nod before turning back to the battle with a cry.

"About time! Your Pokemon was already looking a little worse for the wear!"

"Yeah, well it was a rough first day yesterday!" Gwen called back, sheepishly. Benjamin shrugged in a sort of 'live and learn' manner.

"Well I hope you don't mind, but in battles I don't even take it easy, not even on cute girls! Foongus, use Astonish again!"

"Dell, Tail Whip!" Dell dodged to the side, bringing his tail down on the Foongus' side. "Follow it up with another Ember!"

With the burn and the repeatedly effective attacks, the Foongus was looking more and more done in. Benjamin was persistent, though, calling for an Absorb in an attempt to do some damage while keeping his Pokemon's health up. It still wasn't very effective, and another Ember sent the Foongus to the ground in defeat.

"Impressive comeback! But don't think that because you took out my leading lady, I'm done! Go Solosis!

Benjamin called forth the blob like psychic Pokemon, and Gwen quickly returned Dell and sent out Isabella instead. Isabella rolled through the air to the left and then to the right, before settling down to fight. Her quirky behavior didn't seem to phase Benjamin in the slightest.

"Solosis, Psywave!"

The move wasn't very effective on Isabella, thankfully. "Isabella, Lick!" Isabella phased across the field, running her tongue along the floating blob of liquid. It was one of the strangest things Gwen had ever seen. Benjamin seemed about to comment, thought better of it, and then called out for a Rollout. The attack landed because Isabella was so close, and so the ghost retreated back a few feet before lunging in again when Gwen called for another Lick. The two continued to exchange hits in this fashion, until Gwen was officially worried once again. But the ghost-type move was stronger than the Solosis could handle. With a final lick, the floating Pokemon's eyes closed, and it drooped to a low hover in defeat.

"That's impossible!" Benjamin wailed, looking pretty distraught to have his Pokemon Licked to death. He returned his Solosis, gritting his teeth in frustration. Gwen couldn't blame him. Isabella floated to her side, looking pleased to have been victorious. But the ghost-type was definitely drooping as well, and her color was basically fading from existence, making Gwen a bit worried.

"Alright, alright, this isn't over, I can do this... Dwebble, you got this!" Benjamin called, releasing the rock protected bug onto the field. Gwen grimaced. This wasn't good. She was definitely going to have to make do with her team, but she was at a serious type disadvantage for the most part. She'd really have to slug this one out. She'd start with Isabella, but her poor Ghost type wouldn't last more than a round or two before she was down and out.

"Isabella, Astonish!" Gwen ordered, pointing in indication. Isabella turned and charged forward to attack the Dwebble, screeching. Similar to the first fight, the Dwebble flinched at Isabella's attack, taken by surprise. This left an opening, "Isabella, use Hypnosis!" Gwen called, trying and failing not to sound frantic to take advantage of the opening. Isabella hovered in front of the Dwebble, staring intently.

"No, no, no! Dwebble, use Rock Blast!" Benjamin called frantically. But it was to no avail, the Dwebble's eyes had already drifted shut. With a bark of triumph, Gwen returned Isabella, sending Dell out again.

"Dell, use Ember, hurry!" Gwen called, and Dell began his attack. The Dwebble remained asleep through the first Ember, despite all of Benjamin's frantic calls. Gwen ordered a second round of Ember, and then another, but by that point, Dwebble had finally woke.

"Finally! Dwebble, use Rock Blast!"

Dwebble let out an angry cry and did as he was commanded. Dell squealed as he was hit with first a single blast of stones, and then another. He seemed to be pretty bad off, really quickly. Gwen's heart began to sink again.

"Dell! Use Ember again!" she ordered, panicking a bit. The hit landed, but so did the next attack by Dwebble. Gwen's breath hitched as Benjamin called for another Rock Blast. She began to wince as it hit, and then hit again, and then again, sending Dell sliding back, and eventually toppling head over heels. He finally stopped moving, collapsing into a heap. Gwen let out an unhappy sound, running to check on her Pokemon.

"You shoulda withdrew him when you had the chance!" Benjamin called. She ignored him, stooping to check on her unmoving Pokemon. He was definitely breathing, at least, but he didn't look like he was going to get up and go anytime soon.

"Oh god, sorry Dell! I'm real sorry sugar..." Gwen muttered patting the poor little pig on the head before returning him to his Pokeball. She stood up, sending out Isabella once more.

"Isabella, here, drink this," Gwen offered another bottle of Fresh Water up for her Pokemon to drink from. Isabella downed the bottle quickly, and her color returned. Isabella turned back to the fight, only to be hit twice with Rock Blast.

"You really are relentless, aren'tcha, sweetie? Alright, Isabella, we can do this! Use Astonish!" Gwen ordered.

Isabella flew at the Dwebble screeching and landed the hit. The Dwebble shook itself, and cried back in fury. It seemed to be really fired up.

"Atta boy, Dwebble, hang in there! And you best believe it, pretty lady, it's not very impressive if I don't win, is it? Dwebble, use Fury Cutters!"

The Dwebble lashed out, catching Isabella on the side of her head and causing her to cry out. Gwen was the one gritting her teeth this time as she ordered Isabella to Lick, again. Benjamin called for another Fury Cutter in retaliation, but the rocky bug Pokemon cringed, unable to move when he tried to attack. For a moment, all of them paused, confused. Even Isabella stopped, tilting to one side. The Dwebble continued to twitch but seemed immobile.

"s**t! He's paralyzed!" Benjamin cried in disbelief, about the same time Gwen started to cheer, "Oh my god, it's paralyzed! Isabella, Lick him again!"

And so went another two rounds of Licking, in which the Dwebble began to sweat and shiver in distaste, but was unable to react properly. By the time the poor Dwebble was able to manage a Rock Blast, he was more than ready to have Isabella blasted back by the attack, pushed back by three quickly fired rounds. Isabella grinned, sensing her own victory. She was already going in for the final attack when Gwen called for her to use Astonish. Dwebble toppled to the side with a thud as Isabella rammed him. The poor thing didn't move again.

"Awww, c'mon! Are you serious? Damn, you've got some serious luck," Benjamin mused sullenly, returning his fallen Dwebble.

"Holy crap, I actually won," Gwen gasped, pushing her loose hairs from her face with both hands. Isabella floated over to her side, grinning. Without warning, Isabella ran her tongue up Gwen's cheek in an affectionate manner, and Gwen froze with a squeak, a full body shudder quickly following. Isabella looked delighted, not noticing her trainer's obvious disgust.

"YES, we won, thank you Isabella," Gwen ground out, returning her Ghost type hastily before she was bestowed with another creepy kiss.

"Huh, I guess I didn't get my shot to impress you after all..." Benjamin muttered, kicking the dirt at his feet as he began to dig through his wallet to give her her victory money.

Gwen could help a small smile. She set Isabella's Pokeball back in her hip pouch and then dug through her own bag. As Benjamin handed over his money, she handed him back a slip of paper with her number on it. He gave her a surprised glance as she grinned back.

"Maybe you'll get another chance? It was nice meeting you, sweetheart, but I kinda have to go! I need to get Dell to a PokeCenter, stat," She explained as she walked backwards towards her bike. She gave him a little wave before she turned and hopped on her bike. She set off again as fast as she could, racing to Santalune. The little grin she wore slowly began to fade into a determined look. By the time she got into town, she looked downright grim. She found the Pokecenter quickly, thankfully, and rushed to the nurses station to get her Pokemon looked at. All of them needed assistance, no thanks to her failure to be a half-way decent trainer. By the time she'd finished checking them in, Gwen was downright depressed all over again, despite her narrow win.

When she turned away from the counter, she noticed Nero's friend from earlier. Evan. Gwen wandered over to where the girl was seated with the other trainers, lifting her hand in greeting.

"Hey there, nice to see ya again, sugar pie. Sorry we didn't get much time to talk earlier... But I was going to hit the showers and then maybe go looking for lunch. Would you and your other friend like to join me? I was hoping I could catch Annie, and Nero too. Maybe grab something at one of those cute little cafe's outside. What do you say?"

xxWearing:
                                                        xxxxxx
                                                        xxInventory:
                                                        xxxxx↘ 3,000User Image
                                                        xxxxx↘ Acro Bike
                                                        xxxxx↘ 3 Pokeballs
                                                        xxxxx↘ 1 Freshwater
                                                        xxxxx↘ Cooking Set
                                                        xxxxx↘ Canned Food
                                                        xxxxx↘ 1 Quick Balls
                                                        xxPokemon:
                                                        xxxxx↘ Isabella | Level 6 | ♀ | 8 of 15 EXP
                                                        xxxxxxxHypnosis | Lick | Spite | Astonish
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
                                                        xxxxx↘ Hades | Level 6 | ♂ | 7 of 15 EXP
                                                        xxxxxxxTackle | Howl | Snatch
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
                                                        xxxxx↘ Dell | Level 7 | ♂ | 2 of 15 EXP
                                                        xxxxxxxTackle | Tail Whip | Ember
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
User Image
Klein Locklear
Currently located in Route 4
In the presence of Romane

"I-" Klein started and stopped. She hadn't been there when he woke up. Klein wondered if she'd tried to wake him to get her sleeping bag but left when because he wouldn't wake up. "I'm sorry." He had the decency to look contrite as he said it. After handing the sleeping bag to the girl he realized he didn't know what to say next. Last night was a sleepy hazy blur. He could barely remember how they'd met or what they'd even talked about. Her name was... "Romane." His cheeks grew hot when he realized he accidentally said that out loud, but he was saved from too much embarrassment by the opportune arrival of a third party.

Klein turned his attention towards the elderly man, regarding him. Get a young dame's attention? Impress? Klein didn't know what this guy was talking about. But he did understand the Pokeball held in front of his face. Another battle...! Nervous energy raced up his body and he shoved it back down. All he had to do was trust in his knowledge. He drew a Pokeball.

I'll lead with my best defense. With a toss of a ball Geodude appeared. She came out of her ball with her head held high, looking like she was the queen of the world. When Klein ordered a tackle she took her time doing it, so much so that she took a couple hits from Stunky in the process. They barely seemed to faze her as a rock type Pokemon, but Klein yelled, "Defense Curl," just in case. Geodude ignored the order and kept tackling until the Stunky stopped moving.

"Um, good, I guess. Return." Geodude folded her arms and closed her eyes as she faded out of view.

"Stunky! Gah, let's see if you can handle this. Scyther, teach this kid some manners!"

Klein recalled Geodude and sent out Ekans. Scyther would be an easy win with Vulpix, but he knew Ekans would be able to cut Scyther's only means of attack in half. Ekans exploded into existence slithering circles in the dust. Then, he rose up to intimidatingly stare down the enemy Scyther.

"Ekans, wrap!" "Scyther, give 'em a Leer!" Ekans flinched at the leer but kept going, closing the distance and throwing its body out at the Scyther. Ekans squeezed. The old man shouted for Scyther to attack, but its arms and feet were tightly bound by Ekans's Wrap. By the time Scyther wriggled its way out, it was already looking worse for wear, and before it can counter-attack, Ekans was slithering out of the way. "Ekans, leer!" Ekans leered, but Scyther was cutting the distance faster than lightning. He ripped by Ekans, catching him with a claw.

"Poison Sting!" Scyther was moving too fast, running circles around the snake, dashing in to attack and then retreating. Too fast for Poison Sting.. "Trip him with a Wrap!" Ekans stretched his body out, and the fast moving Scyther ran right into him, entangling itself immediately. The Wrap didn't last long enough though, and Klein reached out a hand to return Ekans before Scyther could counter attack. He sent Geodude back out, who finished off the enemy Scyther with one Tackle.

One more left... Klein sent out Vulpix, the old man sent out Shuppet. Vulpix didn't have much to work with, but what she did have was good enough. The two Pokemon traded off Embers and Night Shades until Shuppet went down. Klein let out a slow breath and returned Vulpix, who was on the verge of fainting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Inventory

Potion x3 Antidote x1 Pokeball x5 Ether x1 X Attack x1 X Defense x1 500p Skateboard

Tiny Spirit

User ImageUser Image

After catching Chardonnay, the afternoon had picked up pace with several trainers and more wild Pokémon. The first trainer who had challenged Nate, came as a big surprise, because even though he knew he would have to battle with other people eventually, Nate didn't realize it would be happening so quickly. Not only that, but the trainer had been carrying two massive fighting types, both standing taller then Nate himself, which unsurprisingly beat unskilled Nate and his two teeny Pokémon. After that battle, he had ran back to Lumiose, considering he was still relatively close to the sky scraping city, to heal his Pokémon and purchase a couple extra Luxury balls.

The rest of the evening flew by, Nate was learning so much and and both Dumpling and Chardonnay were growing at an alarming rate. It was strange for Nate to suddenly be doing things he had never done before, yet performing them like second nature. During that time he was able to catch a Seviper, though if you asked him he wouldn't know the species name, and he missed a Pachirisu. The little bushy tailed creature was one of the most adorable things Nate had ever witnessed, but the Pokémon escaped. Trying not dwell on the missed Pokémon, Nate believed the beautiful creatures have the right to decline ownership and do what they want, provided it's not harmful to other living things. So, he went on his merry way and before the moon had risen, casting its calming light over Route Four and Nate decided, even though he was beyond excited to continue his journey, that he needed some rest. With the help of his Pokémon, he built a little nest for himself in front of a tree, using leaves to construct a cozy area to sleep (as instructed to him from his survivalist handbook). Dumpling decided to stay out of her ball and snuggle up inside Nate's arms, which was perfectly fine with him, because even though he was riding the endorphins of the life he now lead, he was still incredibly frightened to be out in the forest-like area alone--at night.

It was quite early when Nate awoke to the chipper calls of the bird Pokémon. Used to waking up early, he was glad to have had the natural alarm clock there to keep him on schedule. Dumpling was another story, she was sleeping and she wasn't about to wake up without a fight. But after struggling with her for about ten minutes, Nate chose to call her back to her Pokéball for a while. The morning hadn't been too active, most trainers probably still sleeping. He did run into a quick battle though, but otherwise there was no one else to be found. There had been at least a dozen trainers gathered around the professor's door when he first arrived, so he figured he must be really behind to not have come across any of them since early on the day before. Having been dissed by them so early on, he hadn't really thought about it since, not having time to be lonely or worry about being alone (except during the frightening night). After casually wandering forward down the path to Santalune, Nate heard some growling and disgruntled noises from the trees just behind him. They were so clear, he didn't even question if had been hearing things and leaped into the air and began sprinting as fast as possible. Sure he was feeling adventurous, but big scary things still, frankly, scared the bejeezus out of him. The wind rushing passed him and into his eyes so powerfully, he could hardly see, so much that he tripped over a rather large rock which would have been avoidable, had he not been blinded. Landing sprawled on his stomach, he looked up with water filled eyes, the wind had made his eyes water tremendously, but he couldn't discern objects, but he was pretty sure he was right at the feet of someone.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

location↬ route four xxxxxaccompanied by↬ alone -> cat and zooey xxxxxooc↬ appologies for lateness ;; w;;
                                          User Image

Inventory:
                                          xxxxx↺ X-Transceiver [on wrist]
                                          xxxxx↺ Blanket
                                          xxxxx↺ Survivalist Pocket Handbook
                                          xxxxx↺ Sewing kit
                                          xxxxx↺ Luxury ball x2

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                          xxxxx↺ Pecha Berry x3

Current Funds:
                                          xxxxx↺ 15,250p

Pokémon:
                                          xxxxx↺ Dumpling | level: 10 | 0/30 exp
                                            pound | charm | encore

xxxxx↺ Chardonnay | level: 10 | 6/30 exp
                                            absorb | sweet scent | acid

xxxxx↺ Rotelle | level: 8 | 7/15 exp
                                            wrap | swagger | bite

Divine Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x

You're no better or no worse than the others

xxxWe are all the same

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd life is just a moment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYou might as well enjoy this day

================================================================

Annie watched the battle against the shiny eevee in awe. "It's super pretty." she whispered to Gwen. When the girl caught the little shiny furball, Annie clapped enthusiastically. She made to follow Gwen to greet the newcomers, but paused to pick up Ziggles, who had been pawing at her shins. She joined the group just after Gwen introduced her. Holding Ziggles to her chest with one arm, she held out her hand to shake. She turned to listen to Gwen as she stated she was going to go on ahead. "Ok, don't get too far ahead of us! We'll meet up at the center!" she said, waving, before turning back. "So, you guys all knew each other as kids? Cool!" She was about to say more but a passing trainer challenged Evan to a battle. Annie politely kept her distance and waved good bye when she had to quickly leave for the pokemon center. The group was back down to three. "Do you not have a bike?" she asked the other girl, Charlie, curiously. "I'm sorry. I wish I had a spare set of skates to lend you." she said sincerely.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                                {Location} ╮ Route 4, near Santalune {With} ╮ Nero and Charlie {OOC} ╮ Sooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
                                                                                ┗━━━━━━━━━┛

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                                ================
                                                                                Inventory
                                                                                xxx Sleeping bag

xxx Travel food

xxx 4,250 P

xxx Two pokeballs

xxx Water bottle

xxx Two books (just pretend she always had these I am bad)

Pokemon
                                                                                xxx Level 9 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Lumi
                                                                                Ability Flame Body
                                                                                Ember | Astonish | Fire Spin | Smog
                                                                                EXP: 8/15

xxx Level 10 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Lt. Ziggles
                                                                                Nature: Brave
                                                                                Ability: Quick Feet
                                                                                Tackle | Growl | Tail Whip | Headbutt
                                                                                EXP: 15/30

xxx Level 6 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Dot
                                                                                Nature: Gentle
                                                                                Ability: Chlorophyll
                                                                                Absorb | Sweet Scent
                                                                                EXP: 0/15

xxx x

xxx x

xxx x

================

OTP

*Nuclear Whales is a Goddess

User Image
User Image

User Image

◢⋮ Gwen, Annie, Lissie, Charlotte - > Gwen Lissie xx ◢⋮ Route 4 (Near Santalune) -> Santalune Cityxx ◢⋮ Zangoose -> None
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Suddenly, a horde of trainers seemed to overwhelm the group like a tidal wave. All of them but Charlotte and Annie had someone trying to battle them. Evan's battle was first of all of theirs and it was at the hands of a rather polite boy. The battle was intense and at one point Evan even took some damage herself while protecting Ahri. She won the battle but with all the injuries, could one really call it a win? She looked back to Nero in the group obviously in a rush. She asked Nero to ride Charlie into town and left before he could even answer. That was Lissie though. When she was dedicated to a task, she went for it full gear.

His own trainer scuffle was in the form of a ditsy young woman running straight into his back. She hit Nero with a good amount of forth causing him to stumble forward slightly. Nero's black combat boots kicked desperately at dirt as he tried to steady himself. "Zangoose! Zan! After stumbling a few steps forward and nearly knocking over Alpha, Nero stretched out both arms to the side and caught himself on even ground. He could hear the girl frantically sputtering out her words as he turned around. ""Oh my goooosh, I am so sorrrry. I totally should watch where I am going, that was my bad - oh is that your Zangoose, he's so cute! Seems a little shy, though. How does that affect battling with him - oh, speaking of battling, you want to?" Nero's face twitched slightly. He was sure the girl meant well but if he despised anything, it was idiots. This girl, who forgot to introduce herself like every other trainer who challenged him, was an idiot.

"Can I get a name first? I'm Nero." The girl smacked herself lightly in the face with a smile. "Oh my goooosh! I'm sorrrry! I like totally forgot to tell you my name. I'm Helena but my friends just call me Lena. You could be totally my friend, if you want, cutie." Nero raised a hand in defense and disgust. "Helena is fine. Let's just battle." The girl grinned at the grimacing Nero as she threw out her first POKeMON. The little mole spun out of the ball in a red beam of light and landed proudly in front of her trainer. It yelped at Nero.

The dark-haired trainer held a hand back towards Alpha. He wasn't ready to send the timid thing in yet. He was going to let Alpha watch and learn. Nero reached for the small Quick Ball on his belt and re-sized it in his hand. He threw the ball to release its occupant and Bacchus appeared in a bright red light. The bulb-carrying dinosaur landed in a glorious stance that was accompanied by its confident yell. "Bulba-bulbasaur!" Nero was proud of the growth Bacchus had made and he was sure Bacchus was proud too. Nero needed to end this quickly. He wanted to stay with Lissie as closely as possible. "Wipe it, Bacchus. Magical Leaf." Nero had studied his type matchups in Lavender Town before he left and he possessed a pretty healthy knowledge on the types of POKeMON he was facing. Drilbur was ground and the move Bacchus used was a grass move. According to any train of logic, the hit would be critically effective and possibly drop the creature in one hit. The theory was proven right as Drilbur's muzzle dug its own face in the ground. Typing had given Nero luck there but he wasn't ready to relax. He had no idea what type of POKeMON she would let out next.

The Drilbur returned to its ball and out came an Aron. Another ground type but this one was only half ground. It's shell was made out of steel to fit it's secondary typing. Choosing to leave in Bacchus, Nero waved an arm out. "Magical Leaf again!" Helena simply smiled as the leaves ricocheted off of the Aron's shell. "It's gonna take more than that, honey! Aron! Headbutt!" The Aron charged straight into Bacchus's side. The small bulb creature kicked up a small dust cloud as it was sent tumbling away in the dirt. Bacchus struggled to stand up and managed to hang on barely. "Bacchus, I can send someone else in if you need me to." The Bulbasaur yelped defiantly back at Nero. It wasn't ready to give up yet and neither was he. Nero nodded at the POKeMON and pointed towards the Aron. "Hit it with the strongest tackle you've got, buddy!" The Bulbasaur pushed its legs back and shot forward as hard as it could. The Aron was going for another Headbutt. The collision made the loudest thud Nero had heard in the longest time. It was a double knock-out.

"Good job, Bacchus." Nero pointed Bacchus's ball at him and returned the POKeMON to its ball. Apparently the trainer was on her last time and hopefully it went quick. Nero needed to get Bacchus to the POKeMON center. Her final POKeMON appeared in the traditional explosion of red. It was a Togepi. This wouldn't be too horribly difficult. Nero looked back at Alpha and nodded towards the egg POKeMON. Alpha timidly stepped forward but a pat on the back from Nero seemed to give it some form of confidence. "Zangoose!" Nero grinned at Alpha's new-found confidence. It was about time. "Alpha! Use Scr--Togepi! Metronome!" The trainer was quicker than him. Togepi waved its small arms around and then shot into the air with a kick straight to Alpha's jaw. The normal type didn't stand a chance. That was a High Jump Kick. Alpha shot into the air and Nero stumbled backwards to catch him.

The catch knocked them both to the ground and Alpha was out cold. It whimpered in its sleep and blood dripped from Alpha's jaw. There was a huge bruise on its chin and the poor thing shook softly in Nero's arm. "Shh-shhh. Alpha it's fine. I'll be okay, buddy. You're fine." Nero stroked his poor partner's cheek and glared up at the trainer who merely replied with "Oops". Nero laid down Alpha gently on the ground and placed a hand on its chest. "Let me wrap this up." The raven-locked trainer stood and turned to the girl. He tossed a pokeball off of his belt and onto the battlefield. Smokey exploded from the ball but he wasn't his usual self. A cold, icy expression covered the ball's face. "Oh my god. What's the big deal? It got hurt? Just like take it to the POKeMON Center. Geeeeeeez." Nero's glare on caused his brow to crease even more so. "Smokey. Poison Gas then Tackle." The Koffing released a venomous air onto Togepi. The gas was stronger than usual and Togepi was poisoned instantly. It's body shook from the gas and Koffing took this chance. It rammed its body hard into Togepi. "Togepi! Metronome!" The POKeMON waved its arms from the ground and its body began to shake slightly. The Togepi had summoned Splash. "Tackle again, Smokey." The Koffing rammed its body into Togepi again. The egg cracked slightly and the POKeMON fainted. It was over as Smokey was returned to its ball.

The girl skipped over, after returning her POKeMON to their balls, with money in her hand. She outstretched it to Nero and spoke bubbly. "Oh my god. That battle was so fun. Here take this! You like won, after all!" The Lavenderite looked down at the money and smacked it out of her hand and onto the ground. He pointed to Alpha who was still unconscious on the ground behind him. "Does that look fun to you? My POKeMON is in serious pain because of you. I don't want your damn money and you can go to hell, Helena." Nero turned to his Zangoose and picked the poor boy up on his back. With one hand on his bike handles and the other supporting Alpha, Nero looked over at Annie and Charlotte. "Come on. I have to get him to the POKeMON Center quick. Don't fall behind." Without checking to even see if they were going to follow, Nero made his way to Santalune.

~ ~ ~

Upon arriving at the center, he gave his POKeMON to the nurses and reinforced that Alpha was to remain out of his ball. He needed to heal and learn social skills in the fresh air. With his partners gone and recouperating, he scanned the room and saw Gwen and Evan nearby. Striding over casually, Nero pressed a hand against his chest and grunted. He was pretty banged up from catching Alpha. Maybe Nero needed a rest day, also. He waved upon reaching the pair of girls. "Hey. Annie and Charlotte are on their way probably. If they aren't around already. I lost them rushing Alpha here. He got hurt pretty bad. How are your POKeMON?" Nero asked the question to both of them. They each had intense battles of their own.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

INVENTORY
        tab 7,550User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        tab Mach Bike
        tab 3 Poke Balls
        tab 1 Quick Ball
        tab 1 Potion

POKEMON
        User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Anxious Smoker

User Image

User Image
                                                          After Evan's battle, things calmed down for a brief moment. Charlie and Evan had the chance to be properly introduced to the other Trainers Nero was traveling with - Gwen and Annie. They were both very kind, and Annie even reminded Charlie a bit of herself. "Pleased to meet you, Gwen. And you as well, Annie." Charlie replied to the girls with a sweet smile, following Gwen's introduction. "I'm Charlotte, but you can call me Charlie. And these are my Pokemon, Xero, Terro and Bonsai". She also made sure to greet the two Trainers' Pokemon as well. They both had some pretty amazing Pokemon; Gwen had an adorable Poochyena named Hades, who was busy observing the other Pokemon. Charlie didn't bother with petting the Pokemon, as she did not know how the Poochyena would react, but she did introduce herself. "And hello there, Hades! Aren't you a little cutie?" Charlie said pleasantly to the Pokemon. Annie, on the other hand, had all of her Pokemon out. She had a Litwick, a Zigzagoon and an Oddish. Charlie thought they were all precious - she feared a cuteness overload was coming on, and wondered how she could have ever been afraid of Pokemon. "It looks like you guys have taken really good care of your Pokemon." Charlie genuinely complimented the two fellow Trainers.

Before Charlie could say anything else, however, Gwen hopped on her bike and said her goodbyes. She was only heading to the Pokemon Center in Santalune, though, and would soon regroup with the others. As soon as Gwen took off on her bike, an onslaught of Trainers arrived in Route 4. Evan and Nero were both challenged to Pokemon battles, while Charlie and Annie were not. They simply stood back and watched the battles. Every now and then, Charlie cheered the two on as they won their battles. Her encouragements weren't much, but Charlie hated just sitting back and doing nothing as she watched her friends' Pokemon get injured. So when the battles ended and Evan and Nero rushed to the Pokemon Center, Charlie didn't object. "Do you not have a bike?" Annie asked Charlie, and then sympathetically added, "I'm sorry. I wish I had a spare set of skates to lend you.".

"I'm fine, really. I can just jog the rest of the way to Santalune - it isn't very far. Besides, I could always use the exercise!" Charlie joked, reassuring Annie to go on ahead without her. "I'll catch up to you and others in no time. See you later!" Charlie added as Annie skated off toward the others. Once Charlie's friends were out of sight, she turned to her Pokemon. Xero floated close to Charlie, awaiting their next move. Terro seemed bored and was pacing around Charlie's feet. And Bonsai stared up at Charlie with a pleading look, as if begging her to not make him jog to Santalune. Charlie playfully rolled her eyes at the Bulbasaur. "Don't worry, you three get to rest in your Pokeballs. I'll get us to Santalune, and get us a decent meal." Charlie assured her Pokemon as she returned them to their respective Pokeballs. "Alright, time to get this part over with." Charlie thought as she half-halfheartedly stretched her legs, and then began her short trek to the Pokemon Center, where the others awaited.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

As Charlie had predicted, the distance from where she had been in Route 4, to the Pokemon Center in Santalune City hadn't been that great. The jog there had been short-lived, and even a bit refreshing. However, it hadn't been exactly fun, and her not having a bike sure wasn't convenient for her or the others. As Charlie entered the Pokemon Center, she made a mental note to herself to buy a bike or some means of transportation soon. She then noticed Evan, Nero and Gwen all sitting around a table, but before joining them, she gave her Pokemon to the Nurse at the front desk. "Please take good care of them." Charlotte politely asked the nurse before approaching the other Trainers. Her Pokemon weren't as injured as Evan, Nero and Gwen's, but they had still been scratched up from previous Pokemon battles, and traveling in general. And aside from that, Charlie was worrywart - she liked to take her Pokemon to Pokemon Centers to get checked up as often as possible. "Hey everyone, sorry it took so long for me to get here." Charlie apologetically greeted the trio as she took a seat near to them. "How are everyone's Pokemon? Good, I hope." Charlie asked as she slumped into her seat. She sighed a sigh of relief. That was the first time all day that she'd been able to take a moment to relax.

Charlie's leisure was soon cut short, though, as the Nurse she'd given her Pokemon to returned to the front desk and called Charlie's last name. "Blackburn? Charlotte Blackburn?" the Nurse peered around the Center for Charlie, who was approaching the front desk. "Ahh, there you are! Your Pokemon are fighting fit! Here they are, and have a wonderful day!" the Nurse chirped as she returned Charlie's Pokemon to her. Charlie thanked the Nurse and took Terro and Bonsai into her arms, while Xero, as always, stuck to floating in mid-air. "Hi, guys! Did you miss me?" Charlie asked her Pokemon as she set Terro and Bonsai down on the cold, tile floor so that they could walk along side her. Xero bobbed up and down happily, while Terro gently nudged Charlie's leg, as if to say yes. Bonsai didn't seem to care, as he simply ignored Charlie and continued to walk ahead of her. "Right, I suppose you guys would like to get some fresh air. You have been cooped up in your Pokeballs for quite a while." Charlie realized as she followed the stubborn Bulbasaur. Terro and Xero obediently followed closely behind. "I'll be right back!" Charlie shouted to her friends as she exited the Pokemon Center with her Pokemon companions.

Once outside, Bonsai took the opportunity to nap. He wasn't a lazy Pokemon - Charlie knew that from watching him battle. He just simply couldn't be bothered by really anything, other than battling. Every now and then, the Bulbasaur opened an eye to make sure nothing interesting was happening. Then he would just continue his nap. Meanwhile, Terro and Xero were enjoying berries that Charlie had found earlier in the day and interacting with each other. Charlie decided that watching her Pokemon enjoy themselves was actually more relaxing than being inside a bland, crowded Pokemon Center, and smiled. So far, being a Pokemon Trainer was as great as she'd thought it would be.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Super Lunatic

User Image
≼[X] Gergo A. Elek [X]≽

-Out n About-

[none]

Where: Santalune City
With: No one in particular.
Thoughts: Good bit of cardio.
Inventory:

15,250p --- 2 Ultra Balls --- 1 Bitter Root
Flasks of liquid --- 1 Quick Ball
Export Cigarette (7 remaining)

↺"Some people call me Mister Nice...."

As Xentus set off, Gergo eyed the two others still around nervously. It wasn't that he was shy or anything; one of them just happened to be triggering a panic attack. Gergo swore violently behind his smile, cursing Xentus for somehow bringing this upon him. "Vell...uh, I suppose I'm going to rush onvard to Santalune. Just to make sings interesting," Gergo was audibly quite nervous, his voice far different from the brief period where Xentus was present and Gergo merely made sarcastic comments. Reaching for a pokeball, Diablo was released with an extended arm and a flash of light. "Race you to ze end of ze route!" His challenge aimed at both of the girls and his Tauros.

Tauros wasted no time, stampeding down the road with thunderous steps. Gergo sighed, shook his head at his foolishness, and took off after it. Despite what his appearance might convey, he was surprisingly athletic. While he was not able to pass Diablo, he was able to run for a very long time. It couldn't have too terribly long before Gergo reached the end of Route 4, returning his loyal Tauros to its Pokeball. Breathing heavily, Gergo slowly recollected himself.

Finally entering Santalune City, Gergo couldn't help but be a bit disappointed. He wasn't sure what exactly he was expecting, but it was likely that the grand appearance of the previous city had given him very high hopes. Running a hand through his black hair, Gergo opted to go find something to eat. Surely there would at least be some decent restaurants, eh?

"...why not take a chance and roll the dice?"↻

User Image
              Voltaire
              Species: Blitzle
              Types: User Image
              Level: 6
              Exp: 14/15
              Ability: Motor Drive
              Current Moves:
              xx↘ Quick Attack | Tail Whip | Charge | X
              Movepool:
              xx↘ X | X | X | X

User Image
              Diablo
              Species: Tauros
              Nature: Sassy
              Level: 7
              Exp: 8/15
              Ability: Anger Point
              Current Moves:
              xx↘ Tackle | Tail Whip | Rage | X
              Movepool:
              xx↘ X | X | X | X

User Image
              Zapren
              Species: Elekid
              Nature: Lonely
              Level: 8
              Exp: 5/15
              Ability: Static
              Current Moves:
              xx↘ Quick Attack | Leer | Thundershock | Focus Punch
              Movepool:
              xx↘ Low Kick | X | X | X

User Image
              Pyrus
              Species: Cyndaquil
              Nature: Naive
              Level: 10
              Exp: 17/30
              Ability: Blaze
              Current Moves:
              xx↘ Tackle | Leer | Smokescreen| Ember
              Movepool:
              xx↘ X | X | X | X

((ooc: ))
User ImageUser Image
User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX──╖
User ImageXXXXӾεɳτus τhε Uɳrεlεnτɩɳɡ
╙──XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXX"Hey baby, what's with all the clothing?"XXXXXXX
XXXXXXOutfitBody TattoosTheme

Seventeen pages of skimpily clad and poorly posed Pokemon Trainers later, Xentus finally lowered the magazine with a little to glance at the front counter, in case the nurse was doing something significant, like waving her hands in his direction - or maybe spilling a cup of water all over her white blouse. As it turned out, she was simply puttering around the front desk and sending him small little glares every once in a while, as if she expected him to suddenly strip naked and tap dance across the coffee table in front of him. The force of her little disapproving glares was enough for Xentus to actually stand up and move around for a time, heading over towards the PokeMart to restock on a few supplies, before meandering back towards his reading spot. It couldn't have been more than ten minutes of waiting time, but sitting still had never been his strong suit. The wait was almost enough for Xentus to make the nurse's every fantasy come true.

Not quite, though. No beer to spur him onward, first of all, and there weren't even any smoking hotties to impress, second.

Though that seemed to quickly changed, as first one, then two, then three women suddenly waltzed into the Pokemon Center. Oh, and a guy too, but he wasn't as important. Xentus couldn't help the life of an eyebrow as he studied them quite intrusively from over the top of his magazine, red eyes flitting over the purple-haired one - the ********, was that hair color actually natural? - before moving onto the others, who seem to have trailed after her like little lost puppies. Or, all three girls had trailed after the one guy in their estrogen-filled midst? Some sons of bitches just had all the luck. The cutest one of the bunch, looking rather unassuming in a red scarf and trendy pull-over, ended up getting most of his lounging perusal, though Pinkie's assets received there thorough look-see. Still, considering the fact that all four of them were grouped up like a clutch of school girls migrating for a trip to the bathroom, Xentus could guess they were all friends.

Speaking of, what was taking Elek and Trix so long? Maybe they had decided to frolic through the flowers for some reason or another?

'Or roll through the flowers, maybe,' Xentus thought, a scowl momentarily taking over his lips. 'Elek better keep his ******** hands to himself.'

Musings about ripping a certain male's hands off were temporarily stymied, however, as Xentus happened to glance upwards towards the counter again, to see the nurse actually imitating something like a wave, beckoning with her hands in his general direction. It was enough for the dark-haired male to carelessly toss the magazine onto the chair next to him and stand him, stretching out his back for one moment before swaggering over towards the counter, what he hoped was a charming grin etched onto his face. "Need some help after all?" he guessed, eyes flitting down to her ample cleavage, before they were forced back upwards at the three Pokeballs thrust back into his face. With none too little force, too. Xentus refrained from sighing as he slipped the Pokeballs back into his -

…Hold the phone.

"Where's my Eevee?" Xentus demanded, leaning over the counter as if the nurse might be hiding a small silvery Pokemon under her skirt. The nurse glared harder at him at his question, for some reason, almost hard enough for Xentus to actually feel chastised - not that he had any ******** idea why. It soon became clear however, as the nurse explained the extent of the Eevee's injuries, all while eying him rather suspiciously. It was any wonder she didn't call the police on his a**, the way she was giving him to stink eye. "Fine fine," Xentus eventually sighed, waving one hand towards the back of the Pokemon Center, "I'll pick her up in a few hours." Another glare, as if the nurse dearly wanted to take his Eevee and run for the hills. Luckily for him, professionalism won out once again, as she simply gave him a curt nod before pointedly turning away to help out another Trainer. Xentus barely refrained from doing something inane and stupid, like sticking out his tongue, and settled for eyeing her a** briefly before turning around and stalking out of the Pokemon Center.

No use sitting on his bum for those few hours, anyways. Might as well grab a bite to eat.

Those five or ten minutes inside the Pokemon Center seemed to have created a whole new world as Xentus stepped back outside into the open air, the sun fully risen over the horizon now. The dark-haired male took a second to breathe out deeply, only now realizing how crowded and noisy it had gotten inside the Center. Not that Xentus had any problems inserting himself in the middle of a bunch of rowdy, sweaty bodies, but sometimes, a man needed his space. Needed to be alone, Xentus surmised as he turned slightly to his left.

[******** that.'

Two steps to the left and one step forward, and Xentus was about an arms length away from the light brunette that he had spotted just a minute earlier, inside with the rest of her crowd. Up close and singled out, she seemed a lot more open - and short, ********, why were girls these days always so ******** short? Was there something in the water, or did girls just not know how to eat food anymore?

In the end, it didn't really matter, because Elek was taking his sweet time, there was a cutie patootie standing next to him, and he was bored. What was he even suppose to do?

"Did you know," Xentus finally spoke up, mischievous grin flitting over his face as he folded his arms across his chest, "that the Bulbasaur line is one of the laziest species of Pokemon, next to Snorlax and Slaking? They direct almost all the energy they soak up from the sun into getting their bloated little bulbs to bloom." Utter bullshit, but it sounded good. Especially considering the way the girl's Bulbasaur was, indeed, lazing around in the sun, seemingly uninterested in the play of the other Pokemon around.

A curious peep from around the vicinity of his legs momentarily had Xentus loose track of the conversation, glancing down at - oh yeah, he had a Torchic, whom he had completely forgotten about. The Torchic didn't seem to mind being forgotten, as he was instead peering around Xentus' feet, giving the Bulbasaur what appeared to be a very condescending glance. Xentus raised one knowing eyebrow at the girl, as if his Torchic's ruling cemented the validity of his statement.

Apparently, the hyped up bird agreed with Xentus' implications of the Bulbasaur being a fat and lazy son of a b***h.

Action : Making idle(?) conversation.Feeling : Bored, flirty, mischievous.Location : Santalune, Outside the Pokemon Center.With : Unknown brunette.

Pokemon out of Pokeball :

Inventory:
                                  xxxxx↘ 10,400 P
                                  xxxxx↘ Spare Clothing
                                  xxxxx↘ Potion x 5
                                  xxxxx↘ Pokeball x 10
                                  xxxxx↘ Snacks
                                  xxxxx↘ Necklace with Absol Charm
                                  xxxxx↘ Pecha Berry x 3
                                  xxxxx↘ Fire, Water, Thunder, Sun, Dawn Stone x1

Pokemon:
                                  xxxxx↘ Lux | ♂ | Level 11 | 6/30 EXP
                                  xxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxx↘ Snivy | ♀ | Level 6 | 4/15 EXP
                                  xxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxx↘ Yato | ♂ | Level 9 | 14/15 EXP
                                  xxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxx↘ Torchic | ♂ | Level 9 | 0/15 EXP
                                  xxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxx↘ Nyra | ♀ | Level 12 | 0/30 EXP
                                  xxxxxxxUser Image

◾ ▗ ▘ ◾ ▘▖ ◾

[[ OOC: ]]

Serynemone 's Queen

High-functioning Marshmallow

User Image

Ah. Right. The sleeping bag. Romane was just going to purchase another one in town, but it was good of him to want to return it. She waved a hand down at Warden to let the Bulbasaur know to lower his vines and received the bag, frowning at how.. messily it was folded up. “I appreciate the return of my sleeping bag.” She hesitated, sorely tempted to explain that he had folded it all wrong and it would be more of a waste of space in its current condition, not to mention the terrible impression it would give to others should they see it. But, he was just a stranger she took pity on last night and not someone she should waste time on—

Ms. Bissette.” She corrected as soon as she heard her name, narrowing her eyes at the idea that some stranger would even have that information. Warden sensed her tension and steadied himself, as if preparing to expel the intruder from their sight, but Romane waved him down again. She.. probably had introduced herself last night. She always made a point of it, after all.

It didn't explain why he was blushing, though. Was he sick? She inched back a hair and was about to excuse herself when an elderly man approached. 'Dame'. She frowned as she rolled the word he referred to her with in her head. Was that.. slang? She wasn't sure what it meant, but she knew she didn't like it. Still, she should respect her elders, so she held her tongue and focused on what 'impress' could mean. As the boy released his first Pokemon, she quickly returned Warden, not wanting him to mistakenly get involved as he was prone to doing. The Bulbasaur put up a mild protest just before disappearing, but she didn't pay it much heed. She was too caught up in the idea that this child could be looking up to her, for some unknown reason. He did seem embarrassed earlier, recalled her name despite having little reason to, and that old man definitely said he was trying to 'impress her'. It didn't really mean much, honestly.

Still, it would be wrong of her to just ignore someone who respected her, especially when he was in dire need of sleeping bag folding instructions and, if the way he was handling that rock pokemon said anything, in how to command his pokemon. Never mind that the idea of being a role model for someone filled her with pride. She watched the match from the sidelines, working on re-folding her sleeping bag in the correct fashion and fitting it neatly into her backpack. She had just finished as Vulpix gave the final blow, noting the worn out state of the pokemon. She shrugged on her backpack and approached as the losing trainer left.

I believe it would be best for you to hurry to the next town to heal your pokemon.” She added, “As I require a Pokemon Center as well, I also believe it would be beneficial for us to travel together.” She waited a moment for him to process that before turning and hurrying on down the route. It would be safer, now that she considered it more thoroughly. Not necessarily for her, since she knew she could handle herself, but for the youth. With his pokemon as wounded as they were, she doubted he could fend off any highway robbers or delinquents. He did strike her as the type to attract bullies, after all, and it would be wrong to leave him unattended to.

xxxxxx( ̄^ ̄)
tatus eport。
ho。。。Recon, Warden, and Klein
here。。。Route 4
Inventory
User Image
6,050p
1 Pokeball
1 Bottle of Fountain Water
1 Protein Bars
1 Pocket Knife
1 Comb
Black Shoe Polish
1 Buffing Cloth
Extra Outfit

User Image
              Recon
              Species: Joltik
              Types: User ImageUser Image
              Nature: Relaxed
              Level: 10
              Ability: Compound Eyes
              Experience: 24/30
              Current Moves:
              Screech | Leech Life | Thunder Wave | Cross Poison

User Image
              Warden
              Species: Bulbasaur
              Types: User Image User Image
              Level: 9
              Ability: Chlorophyll
              Experience: 7/15
              Current Moves:
              xx Tackle | Growl | Leech Seed | Vine Whip

Charon Avess

Hilarious Businesswoman

tab tab tab tab ▇ ▇ ▇ ` S-Shine your way! NO ONE CAN STOP
                                tab tab tab tab what has begun.
                                { so much to learn }* -- ❛( ) ░░░░░

tab tab tab tab YOU MUST BELIEVE WHEN I SAY ALL OF YOUR TEARS WILL DRY FASTER IN THE SUN! STARTING TODAY ,
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab ━━SHINE, ( SHINE ), SHINE, YOUR WAY
                                tab tab tab tab ███████████████████████████
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab ━━ * * LOCATION : Santalune, Pokemon Center tab tab COMPANY : Other Trainers, no one in particular tab tab STATUS : Happy, to be dry that is

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab User Image tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xGibbiexxPixiexxNamexxName
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xUser Image
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab User Image
                                x User Imagexxxtypexxxtype
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xLv. 10xxLv. 10xxLv. 05xxLv. 05

Painting brushes, fifteen in total. And color palettes. Sketchbook as well. • 10,000 User Image
                                                                            4x Pokeballs • 3x Potions • 3 outfits, underwear, and several accessories.
                                                                            • SilverPowder • Firestone • Psychic Gem

Her mind certainly was elsewhere as Xentus began to explain. Holding his pokemon seemed, uncomfortable as it began to struggle. Was she too rough? Or did it not like being coddled by her? Her puzzled look remained as the pokemon slipped from her grasp, leaving open arms cold. Well, arleast Xentus was right, it didn't know how to generate electricity like a wild pikachu. Good thing too, her hair was already starting to become a natural disaster. Eyes looked up before looking at the pokemon, which was presently called a shinx. Unusual pokemon, although electric it held a cat like appearance. Small, like a kitten most certainly and early evolution. If it did evolve. Observing its behavior she seemed to memorize its movements and color. The personality a little hazy. As she came to a conclusion, Xentus seemed to have began to take his leave.

Reacting a tad bit late, she blinked a couple of times. Murmuring the word 'shinx' a couple of times before realizing her friend was gone.Taken aback, she frantically looked around. "W-WAH! Where did he go?" The earlier conversation came back in spurts. Oh right, Santalune for some R and R. Sighing, she puffed her cheeks rather childishly. "I finally greet him after all these years and he leaves me...behind." Letting out another sigh she turned to Gergo who also began his leave, but proposed a race in the meantime. She was very excited until his tauros took off down the road, then Gergo after him. Oh! She had ti gather her things before she could leave, and after that, she didn't see Gergo anymore. Once again, she was with her pokemon and new travel partner, Matilda.

Beatrix ran in place as she turned to Pixie who floated beside Gibbie. "Alright, travel time! Pixie return!" Pulling out her pokeball, pressing the button a bright red light sucked it into the ball. Placing it back in her bag, she finally took off down the road, motioning for Matilda to catch up with Gergo. Beginning a sprint, she took off with gibbie at her side, who kept up rather well. Passing her a few times before finally gaining enough speed to pass her. The race was on! With her and Gibbie of course, since Gergo was really no where in sight. Her pokemon began to gain more speed as they Neared city, in awe she looked up, glasses reflecting her destination. Yet she couldn't stop running. As Gibbie ran straight through the entrance and kept on running, a grin and closed eyes as it ran right Pass Gergo.

Passing quickly, she saluted him and nervously laughed while she too ran by him. "Hi Gergo!" She spoke aloud before reaching down the way after her pokemon, waving her hand. "Bye Gergo! In a burst of excitement, Beatrix gained speed to catch up with her pokemon, and in a flash she scooped her little bugger up, dropping her backpack on the ground. Contents spilling out onto the ground. In a small moment of triumphant, the girl tripped clumsily and fell straight into the fountain. "Ah!" She yelped before becoming fully emerged in water, almost face planting. In her unfortunate circumstance, she was now soaked, head to toe. Hair becoming a wild, untamed bush. Clothes soaked through and through. And one heel missing the other floating in the water. Sitting up she grabbed her floating glasses and made an attempted to clean them off. While she did that, Gibbie played in the water, passing people watched her and her pokemon, as if concerned for her well being.

Finally she rubbed one part of her glasses dry and got out, taking an awkward stance. Bare feet on the concrete, standing on her tip toes. Water just dripped of her like she was some sort of waterfall. Just great, now she had lost Xentus, and became a living fountain. Gibbie didn't mind much, her little body hopped out and laughed at her trainer. Beatrix too let out a hearty laugh as she plopped onto the ground and picked her things up. Thankfully she had a pair of clothes to change into, other than that she wouldn't be so cheerful. Even if it was an unfortunate circumstance. Looking down with on visible eye in her glasses, the girl grabbed her back pack and then gibbie, shoes in one hand, her pokemon in the other. If she recalled the pokemon Center would be a great place for her to change her clothes. Possibly find Xentus where ever his flirty self was, perhaps chasing another girl. Or flirting his way to victory. Either one did seem accurate. And Beatrix wasn't much affected by his behavior.

Finally she arrived at the pokemon center, still dripping wet. Only see one side, the left side. She didn't notice Xentus talking to a brunette just a few feet away. Entering, the Nurse seem frantic and approached her rather abruptly. Almost scaring Beatrix. "You're dripping all over the floor!" Beatrix just looked at her, and boy did the girl look like she had been in a water fight with water pokemon. In an instant, the nurse pushed Beatrix into the changing room, frantically throwing towels over the stall before returning to clean up the mess she made at the entrance. Didn't even let her say thank you. Rude. No matter she secured herself in the room and pulled out one of her many outfits she had. Gibbie sat down on the seat staring at her own reflection.

Finally she chose her summer outfit, which made her look like a school girl ready for the day. It was getting cold, so she had to choose wisely, and having an outrageous outfit at the beginning of the journey? Was just too risky. Twirling, her hair finally dried and began to spring back up into her beautiful, luscious curls. Glasses dry and cleaned. Emerging from the stall, Gibbie followed behind, seemingly obedient now that she wasn't a dripping puddle. Arriving at the desk, Beatrix picked Gibbie up and gave Pixie's pokeball to her. "Take good care of them please, okay Gibbie back in the pokeball you go." With that she returned Gibbie to her pokeball. Who, at first, refused but gave into fatigue from the first night. The nurse eyed her dryness before taking the pokemon. Beatrix then sat down, waiting patiently for her pokemon.

In the meantime she pulled out her sketchbook and began to draw the shinx she saw earlier. It fascinated her to see new pokemon, especially up close.

Anxious Smoker

User Image

User Image
                                                          It wasn't long before someone approached Charlie. He was a dark-haired man that practically towered over Charlie, and made her feel a bit intimidated. At first, he just stood there for a few moments, as if waiting on someone. Charlie pretended to be busy observing her Turtwig and Beldum as they carelessly played, ignoring the male Pokemon Trainer. But he must've finally gotten bored, because he decided to strike up a conversation with Charlie. "Did you know, that the Bulbasaur line is one of the laziest species of Pokemon, next to Snorlax and Slaking? They direct almost all the energy they soak up from the sun into getting their bloated little bulbs to bloom." he said, a devious smile playing on his face. Charlie thought he was attractive, as she was sure many people would agree, but it didn't hide the fact that he was a total liar. Charlie knew that his supposed fact was fiction, but she played along, not wanting to make an enemy already.

"Oh, is that so?" Charlie replied halfheartedly, mustering up a smile and attempting to hide her flushed cheeks by sweeping her hair over them. She wasn't sure how to react to his pick-up line, and she wanted to be polite; however, Bonsai didn't seem to agree with her idea of keeping the peace - he'd heard the man's insult and was suddenly ready for action. He glared at the other Trainer's Torchic, itching to battle, ignorant to the fact that he was weak against Fire Types. The Bulbasaur nudged Charlie's leg in an attempt to get her attention. "Bulba! Saur!" Bonsai persisted. Apparently he thought he could irritate Charlie into battling this stranger. Charlie was reluctant to battle - she had no clue how many Pokemon he had, and he already had an advantage over Charlie because of his Torchic. But Charlie believed in her Pokemon, and even if they were to lose, she knew that they'd at least learn something from the experience.

"The name's Charlotte, by the way. You can call me Charlie." Charlie greeted the man. "And it seems my Bulbasaur would like to challenge you to a battle." she added with a nervous chuckle, attempting to feign confidence. She finally turned to face the male Trainer and stared up at him, which only reminded her of how puny she felt next to him. Bonsai wasn't intimidated, though, and stood in front of Charlie as if protecting her. This was odd behavior for the careless Bulbasaur. for it was the first time he had actually acknowledged Charlie since she captured him. Charlie's other Pokemon, Xero and Terro, had stopped playing the moment Bonsai cut his nap short, and were now watching the two Pokemon Trainers and their Pokemon carefully.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Divine Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x
                                                                                x

You're no better or no worse than the others

xxxWe are all the same

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd life is just a moment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYou might as well enjoy this day

Annie had watched Nero's battle with trepidation, and nodded when he insisted on rushing ahead. Not wanting to fall too far behind and not wanting to leave Charlotte in the dust, Annie took a medium pace, trying to stay within visual distance of both Nero and Charlotte. And it would have stayed that way if Ziggles hadn't taken offense to a tree as they were passing by. Annie stopped abruptly, chasing after the little thing as she growled and pawed at its bark. After a few minutes of calm persuasion, she managed to convince her the tree was not doing anything and that she was very brave for standing up to it but it was time to go. With Ziggles back in her arms, she returned to the main thoroughfare, only to see she had been passed up majorly by Charlotte. Shrugging, she skated leisurely the rest of the way to Santalune.

Annie easily located the pokemon center and stopped in front to remove her skates. Shoving them in her bag, she entered and approached the counter. After the nurse kindly insisted the pokemon be in their balls to heal, Annie grudgingly put them in their pokeballs and handed them over. As soon as they were handed back to her she released them and picked them all up, cradling the three in her arms. After a brief scan of the pokecenter, she found her friends and rushed over, beaming. "Hey guys! Together again!" she said, giggling.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                                {Location} ╮ Santalune Pokecenter {With} ╮ Gwen, Nero?, Evan {OOC} ╮ N/A
                                                                                ┗━━━━━━━━━┛

================
                                                                                Inventory
                                                                                xxx Sleeping bag

xxx Travel food

xxx 4,250 P

xxx Two pokeballs

xxx Water bottle

xxx Two books

Pokemon
                                                                                xxx Level 9 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Lumi
                                                                                Ability Flame Body
                                                                                Ember | Astonish | Fire Spin | Smog
                                                                                EXP: 8/15

xxx Level 10 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Lt. Ziggles
                                                                                Ability: Quick Feet
                                                                                Tackle | Growl | Tail Whip | Headbutt
                                                                                EXP: 15/30

xxx Level 6 | ♀
                                                                                Name: Dot
                                                                                Nature: Gentle
                                                                                Ability: Chlorophyll
                                                                                Absorb | Sweet Scent
                                                                                EXP: 0/15

xxx x

xxx x

xxx x

================

Quotable Poster

It seems Charlotte and Xentus would like to battle!

Cue Theme Music!

The rules are simple:
tab 1. PM each other and determine the battle outcome via PM. Determine the end result as well as the result between each set of Pokemon. You can choose to let some Pokemon sit out of the fight if you want.
tab 2. Write it out in the RP. You can choose to have one post be a single turn for you - two moves or less and only one offensive move per turn. Or, you can discuss turns in the PM and have each post be turns for both players.
tab 3. When the battle is up, the player who lost will pay out a certain amount of money to the winner. This will be determined by who wins.

Let's get ready to rumble!

Odd Fate

KittyKay_66

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out