Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Lover

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a beautiful day. Or at least the young phoenix thought so. The skies were blue and the town was bustling. Though why shouldn't it? Their city was a trade city and had much to gain from may sorts of imports and exports. Even if the slave market was included in such things.

Yerlet looked down at his attire and was starting to have second thoughts about wearing a dress to market. What if one of the prospects thought he was a woman and got the wrong idea. His thoughts were waved away as the hand of his attending maid was felt on his arm and he had jumped away. She quickly apologized but Yerlet felt worse for his reaction.

The entrance to the slave market had been put under disguise to save face in front of the public but it was obvious that it wasn't your typical market. There was a a bell at the door that gave a soft ring as he entered. The shop was empty save for one door that Yerlet and his hand maid walked through. They were greeted by a gruff man who only looked them over before letting the Phoenix pass.

"This place is horrible." The girl sounded completely mortified as they walked and Yerlet peeked into the cages. Copies of their collars and charms were at their doors. "I can only bring back one or he might grow suspicious." There were few people who believed him and his words against his step father and this maid was one of them. His hands ran along the charms as he went by, trying to pick the right match.

Where: Slave marketWith: A maidFeeling: NervousCrush: Wh-what?

OOC: And enter in my terrible opening post.

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
        Teo Alabastor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This cell was a far way from home.

Teo stared despondently at the ceiling in thought, hands crossed underneath his head. They didn't even give him the decency of having a blanket. Showers were grouped and only once a week. Obviously, this was just as good as the underworld. They were striped to the bare necessities and given scraps. The food, well, let's just say that he hadn't eaten last night.

His stomach grumbled at the thought. It was regrettable that he didn't. Who knew when he was going to get another meal.

A sound caught the man off guard, and he turned towards what he hoped was dinner. But what he saw was completely different. A pink haired noblewoman stood there with a maid, inspecting the cages that housed so many others like him, captured from the other kingdom and sold into slavery. There were no dinner plates in their hands. In fact, the lady in question looked a bit too high class to be feeding the slaves. No, this was obviously a prospective buyer. And one that could possibly get him out of this mess.

Grinning, Teo ran his tongue over his front teeth and stood, striding towards the bars. "My oh my, what do we have here?" he called, letting out a low whistle. "What's a cute little bird like you doing around here?"

Where: His cell.
With: Yerlet
Mood: Prospective and inquisitive.

Generous Lover

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Yerlet's hand retreated back close to his chest as he was spoken to. He was about ready to step back but then he remembered there were bars between them. His heart hammered and he could even feel it in his head. The man was good looking. At least by Yerlet's standards. But he wasn't used to more rugged men. He was around pampered porcelain more often then not.

He opened his mouth but the first thing that came out was a squeak. A blush coated his cheeks and he went on. "I need a bodyguard. . . of sorts." He shifted in place and his underdeveloped wings fluttered against his back a little. His maid shifted next to him as a reminder that she was still there for her young master.

As much as Yerlet wanted to pick the man he wanted to make sure he was going to be up for it. This wasn't a small task he was asking and he wasn't entirely sure a human could be up for it.

OtterJae's Darling

Timid Lover

User Image
User Image
WHERE|| shop WITH|| like I care... THOUGHTS|| humans are worthless, afterall

The days ran into weeks which developed into months. It seemed that years had passed by as the dragon stirred behind his bars. He was forbidden to transform, lest the guards of the facility not be able to contain the dragonling. They knew he had a thirst for freedom and a temper on top of that. There were countless marks along Freyr's skin where they had detained him, prodded him, all in attempts to make him obedient. His eyes glowed molten gold as he eyed the room about his cell, small growls emitting from his throat. Today had already been a shitty day, on top of all the others. The owner of the shop always told him if he would just be a good little dragon, he would be cherished by the most lavishing of masters.

Freyr scoffed.

The food that he had been offered in return for his abuse had been slung to the back of the cell and he sat much like a pouting child. His human body was much more mature than his dragon form, but he knew his ways about a human appearance. He didn't have the centuries of experience that his predecessors did, but that didn't stop him. Nothing would stop him. His family had to still be out there, outside this wretched land. If he hadn't had been so rash, maybe he would still be there to protect them.

The moment his mind began to wonder, the sound of the bell rang across the room. Many of the slaves took a glance at the new face that entered. It didn't take long for one to stand, giving a catcall across the room to make himself known. Freyr leaned back against his bars, one leg over the other as his golden eyes watched what played through.

Those wings... This kid was not just a human like the one that was yelling his way. His ears twitched slightly as they focused on the soft voice that laid down his request, the dragon giving a laugh as he waved a hand in their direction.

"A human protecting a delicate little flower? Next you'll tell me that they can win wars. " A smirk rimmed his lips as his hands played with the few trinkets he was left with after all the shop had taken. Little bracelets of gold dangled about his wrists, and he pretended to give them more attention than the other people in the room.

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
        Teo Alabastor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Perfect. This was just what he needed. This was his chance. Now he just had to not ruin this.

Teo straightened, golden eyes alight with mirth as a sly smile overcame his lips. The lady was adorable, he did have to admit. Someone that he could easily manipulate, probably. Which was perfect. He could have her eating out of his palm in no time. All he needed to do was convince the lass; he already had her undivided attention, for now.

"Well, I could be whatever you like, dove. Anything at all. A guard?” he scoffed, sweeping a hand through his dark hair as he looked at the other, giving a halfhearted shrug. ”Not a problem.” He had never won a real fight in his life. The only experience that he had from childhood were schoolyard skirmishes and the time when the slavers had captured and dragged him here. Thankfully, there were no records of his triumphs and losses. They could only say that he had given it all his worth when captured. And who wouldn’t? Who wanted to be a slave in this day and age? To be ridiculed and used. Owned and controlled by another. Certainly not he.

But he could fake it pretty damned well and stretch the truth. Fabricate himself to be the best choice, the most reliable choice, that is.

However; his grin turned into a slight snarl at another voice. Someone seemed to want to make his job a bit hard, it seemed. Competition. Teo had never been a huge fan of competition.
Letting out a short exhale, the human’s grin was quick to come over his lips once again. ”I may just be a human, but I do know a thing or two about how to protect someone. “ he let out slowly, giving the man a reproachful glance, trying not to shoot the other prospective slave a dirty look. ”My father was a fighter in the war, you know. Learned a thing or two from him. Working as a soldier, it sort of…runs in the family, he lied, shrugging it off once again. ”We may not have won the war, but humans weren’t the only race there that lost it.”

Teo's gaze transitioned towards where the other voice came from. He couldn't see him persay, but that didn't mean he couldn't talk to him. "Why are you here? Did you win the war?" he bit out, not being able to contain the bitter edge to his voice. He cringed. Hopefully that wouldn't be a breaking point for the new perspective master.

With: Yerlet and Freyr
Mood: Prideful and Coy.

Kileah

inappropriate panda

Generous Lover

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Yerlet jumped again when he heard another voice sound off in a cell he hadn't reached yet. Which again made him feel silly for reacting in such a way. Why was he so jumpy all of a sudden? He shifted away from the human a little so he could see the other prisoner.

A soft gasp left his lips. "You're. . . not human." He hadn't really expected one such as this one to be in a place like this. He wondered if this was his lucky day. But he could only pick once so he had to choose wisely. "You argue with the human yet you are in the same situation, aren't you?"

His maid stifled a giggle but Yerlet's tone was far from trying to demean the creature. A frown swept across his features but he was pulled back to the human.

"You sound as if you have experience as well but. . ." Yerlet shifted a little, "do they hold any merit?" Being from high society, he knew it wasn't uncommon for people to boast and brag about feats they had never truly accomplished. These people in such a predicament as being sold off as slaves were no different just to get out of such a situation. And he didn't blame them.

OtterJae's Darling

Timid Lover

User Image
User Image
WHERE|| shop WITH|| like I care... THOUGHTS|| humans are worthless, afterall

The dragonling's smirk grew wider. The little human had some spunk in him, and Freyr was certainly willing to play. "Are you sure it doesn't ruin the family," he retorted, his bracelets jiggling on his wrist as he rearranged his position. His fingers tapped against the bars, his nails running against their length and making only the slightest of sounds. Both of his new conversation mates decided to question his existence in this little hell away from home, and he was happy to oblige.

"Dragons do not participate in wars," he said, his voice smooth and without hesitation. "I am here simply because a scale from my back cost more than your soul. Not to disappoint, but humans aren't really worth much more than the dirt we're sitting on." He glanced back at what he could see of the two, his golden eyes glimmering mischievously.

"Merit? Do you really believe you're worth is as little as him? I'm sorry, but even I cherish a master with more confidence than that."

Familiar Genius

User Image
User Image
                                                                ₩ɦɘяɘ: Shop. ₩ħø: Ah... wonderful question. Møøɗ: Amused.

XXXXXThe slave market. Katsumi wasn't entirely sure what it was that had got his attention. Perhaps the thought of actually finding something, or someone, that might entertain him was what got his attention. Or it could have been the rumors that the market had a few unique creatures being sold. Katsumi, himself, would be considered a unique creature if the slavers were able to get their hands on him. They had certainly tried numerous times in the past, though each attempt had been met with failure and the slaver leaving with missing limbs. Eventually they seemed to get the hint that he wasn't going to be a slave to anyone.

XXXXXStepping inside one of the shops, Katsumi allowed his magic to stretch out around his surroundings. His attention was immediately drawn to two strong sources, meaning that their were fairly strong magical creatures in the shop at the moment. Moving in the direction that he could sense them at, he was met with the sight of three men near one another. One was a human, another a phoenix, and then the final one was a dragon. Just judging from the aura around the phoenix and dragon, the Immortal could tell that they were fairly young. There was another thing that Katsumi noticed, it was that the human and dragon were behind bars, while the phoenix was free like himself.

XXXXXHis interest was not with the human nor the phoenix, however. His purple gaze was looking over the young dragon that was behind bars. Katsumi was curious about the younger being. Not to mention the colors and charms on the dragon's collar certainly meant that the Immortal would enjoy himself. He believed that it would be rather amusing to have someone attempting to kill him. Not to mention a disobedient slave would be much more amusing then one that followed orders. It showed that there was at least life left in the other. Moving near the cage, the 6'8" Immortal smiled lazily at the dragon. "Well aren't you an interesting find, hm?"

inappropriate panda

Quote:

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
        Teo Alabastor

A scoff fell from Teo’s lips as he eyed where the voice was coming from. Ruin his family? Even if he was telling the truth, no. His family was well to do for a reason. Not anyone could afford a caretaker, after all. Especially as timeless as his own nanny. ”Hardly. There’s a reason I’m alive. ” his face fell into mock wonderment and he tapped his chin. ”If humans are so worthless as you so claim, wouldn’t they have killed me off with the others? Instead of feeding and housing me? Wouldn’t that be cost productive?”

Ha. Best that. Teo was pretty sure that the dragon couldn’t.

Smiling smugly, the human traced the rough iron bars with a hand, his eyes going back towards the lady in question. ”I apologize, my lady. It was terribly rude of me to speak out of hand. “ he drawled, not sorry at all. But what better way to get on her good side other than to apologize? She may not mind it, however; it was better safe than sorry.

’Aha, that’s very true, young miss. Very true indeed.” he rolled his neck, cracking it a few times. How was he to convince her that he was a competent fighter, was the question. ”I think they hold merit. But alas, I am biased.” he let out a sigh, head bowed as he stared at his feet. All he needed was out. It would only take a day to get away, he was sure. It was just an issue of getting out of this cell. ”If I don’t prove any worth to you, you could always return me. he acquiesced, looking up at the lady in question pleadingly. There was no way that he’d be able to defeat anyone. Not without any proper training. A test was out of the question. He just hoped that the woman wouldn’t suggest it.

His eyes gravitated towards the other, standing stock still. Tall and all male, that was for sure. Someone that would probably give him trouble during his escape. That just wouldn't do. But thankfully, he didn't seem interested in him. Thankfully. His eyes went towards the pheonix once again, hopeful. And, just in case the man did seem interested in him, he inched himself closer towards the female, practically pressed against the bars.
With: Yerlet and Freyr and Katsumi (just not talking to him)
Mood: Desperate.

Kileah

inappropriate panda

OtterJae's Darling

Timid Lover

User Image
User Image
WHERE|| shop WITH|| a new face... THOUGHTS|| what could he want?

"I believe it was humans that were originally slaves, were they not? Fed, clothed, and worked for the master... It's just out of pure misfortune that I find myself locked away," he rebuked the human's attempt at one upping him, a hand running a piece of hair behind his ear. He would not be bested by the likes of a human. When the dragon heard the human begin to apologize, his smirk turned into a small laugh. Lady? Oh, no, no, no... That wasn't a lady.

That could prove to be quite interesting.

Unfortunately, Freyr's attention was cut to a hault as he noted a particularly interesting man walk through the door. He could feel his presence, let alone see him. Golden eyes shifted, his smirk diminishing from his face as the man seemed instantly drawn to his cage. This wasn't someone he could take advantage of, and the thought sent a chill down his spine. Out of instinct, the dragon bared his teeth ever so slightly, but managed to contain himself as the man drew closer.

His head tilted slightly to the side when the other spoke. eyes watching him carefully. There was something very off about this man, and Freyr could not put his tongue on it. "I would say so," he responded, letting the corners of his mouth curl into a smile that shows the sharp ends of his canines. Despite the charms that were displayed at his door, the man was still interested. This could prove to be very... troublesome.

"Though, I have seen many other interesting creatures in this place,' he mused, giving himself a nice stretch before settling back against his bars. His fingers played with the bracelets along his arm. "I dare to ask... why come to my cage so swiftly? A man like you is sure to have an array of interests."

Eka_Eddyr_Aiedail

Generous Lover

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

As the dragon and human prattled on, goosebumps formed on Yerlet's arms and neck as he felt the magic flow into the room. He turned and saw the man step into the room. He was a tower of a man and, fearful, Yerlet pressed his back against the wall as the man walked by. Obviously he wanted nothing to do with the young phoenix but he was scared none the less. It wasn't like the others where bars were separating them.

Yerlet turned back to the human at his comment and smiled a little. The human still believed him to be female. Which wasn't all bad. The fear of what the man might do when he found out the truth had the phoenix worried.

A frown soon took it's place at his final words. "I. . . suppose returning is an option. Though not an option I would like to have to consider." He looked at his maid who had been staring at the new man until her young master got her attention again. "If you think he can protect you from him. . ." But even she had her doubts.

Yerlet turned to the dragon, but his words caught has the man with overflowing magic had stopped there too. Yerlet tightly clutched the side of his dress as he had wanted to know the dragon's opinion too but he wasn't going to stand in front of such power. Yet he waited to see how it would play out all the same.

Familiar Genius

User Image
User Image
                                                                ₩ɦɘяɘ: Shop. ₩ħø: Ah... wonderful question. Møøɗ: Amused.

XXXXXKatsumi had noticed the dragon's slight bare of teeth, personally he found the sight to be rather adorable. Though he knew that many would think that he was mental for thinking such a thing. His analytical purple gaze looked over the dragon before him. Being closer now, he could definately tell that the dragon was young. Most likely one hundred or so years old. "You are right, there are a number of interesting individuals currently residing in this establishment." He raised his gaze from the dragon and allowed it to shift onto the young phoenix and human. Inwardly frowning when he saw the phoenix's reaction to his presence, his eyes widened in realization that he was no longer keeping a leash on his magic. It just wouldn't do to make others even more uncomfortable in his presence, his height was already enough of an issue. Witht hat in mind, he drew his magic back inward and hoped that the young phoenix would be slightly more comfortable.

XXXXXKatsumi turned his attention back to the dragon, his lazy smile slipping back onto his lips. "Already thinking so highly of me, hm?" Flickers of amusement seemed to dance in his purple eyes. "Perhaps I was drawn by the thought of having a not so simple toy." His entire posture was relaxed as he spoke, though an experienced eye could tell that that could change at a moments notice. "There's not fun in having an obedient toy, now is there?"

inappropriate panda

Quote:
                                                                Sorry for the crappy post!

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Where: Cell. With: God only knows.

Randall woke up feeling light headed which was natural given he was probably drugged. He looked around and saw he was in a cell and wearing only jeans. He saw there were maybe two more cells next to him and was curious if anyone was in them, he could see the floor outside his cage were carpeted as if he were in a fancy place just with living wares. "What is this a human pet shop?? He thought to himself he got up only to stumble back down. He hadn't notice his hands were tied a sensible precaution he suppose you never knew what your slave was capable of so tying them up was a reasonable defense against riots. "Hello? Anyone here?." Randall struggled against his ropes and looked around unsure if anyone was inside the other cells. He sighed this was just great he didn't think he was annoying his previous owner but giving his situation he was. He must have been drugged while he was asleep just to be safe and then dumped off here. That was he tenth master in four years he couldn't imagine why he was so easily given away..

OtterJae's Darling

Timid Lover

User Image
User Image
WHERE|| shop WITH|| a new face... THOUGHTS|| what could he want?

Freyr couldn't help but roll his eyes. Thinking highly of him? The dragon had no idea what this man was, let alone whether he could stand him. So far, it wasn't looking too great for him. Even with the doubt that Freyr wouldn't be able to best this man, he still had to try one way or another to be free of these bars. His family... they were out there somewhere, and being here to pleasure the guests was not productive in any means.

"Yes, they believe I am such a bad boy," he replied, giving the man a small smirk. Deep in his soul he knew he was getting himself into trouble if he let himself be taken away by this man, but his mind didn't care. He needed to be free. "Not many can take the fire of a dragon, afterall." Freyr took the moment to sit up away from the bars and crawl his way to the front of his cage. He plopped back down so that he was closer to the man, noting that his energy wasn't quite as strong as before.

ooc | /flops around helplessly
                                                          Eka_Eddyr_Aiedail

Indulgent Sex Symbol

User Image

M a s h e k |-| M i h a y l o v

Mashek didn’t know why he heeded Mikhail’s advice. It was fruitless. Buying someone wasn’t going to solve his misery, as much as his friend swore by it. This wasn’t the solution. Nor did Mashek have any desire to celebrate something as insignificant as his birth; even if it was his approaching millennium.

Suppressing a sigh, red eyes glowed slightly in distaste as he peered into the cages. He was instructed of the meaning of the collar colors, knew of what the charms meant. It held no interest to him, however. He was simply browsing. There was no definite resolution that he would be walking out of here, with someone else in tote. A slave.

The entrance to the market was weak, pitiful. It was an open shop, yet empty on the inside, with one simple door; everything about it scream suspicious. Mashek was half curious as to how Mikhail knew of the place, why he would suggest such a low establishment; surely, what with the war and its conclusion, there would be more than just one slave market.

Slowly, he scanned the merchandises idly, eyes lingering on each set of collar and charms on the outside. Silently, he moved to where two potential buyers stood, listening absently. What was in the cages that drew their attention?

Standing in between the cages, he peered at the dragon for a moment, before back at the human. Both held little interest to him. Still, he spoke, interest somewhat peaked at the stream of conversation. ”Yes… humans were the preferred slaves…” he murmured, eyeing the dragon before turning to look at the human. ”An easy source of feeding, to many types of creatures as well.” Finally, he turned to look at the two females, red eyes glowing. ”Would be such a shame for you to purchase something as frail as a human… So easy to play with, to feed from. To bend their will… would be as simple as waving a hand,” Mashek didn’t bother glancing at the human in the cage, a small smile playing on his lips but not reaching his eyes. ”Yet, you consider one to protect you from… what? You, yourself, are not human. The one who would need protecting would be this frail weakling… would he not?”

|-|W h e r e|-| In the Slave Market
              |-|W i t h|-| A phoenix, dragon, human, and wizard.
              |-|M o o d|-| Brooding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces