Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Once, long ago, the world was filled with magic and mystical, Other, beings. Things that were around long before humans came out of their caves. We Other beings coexisted along side humans for many centuries as they grew into a great society. Then during the human crusade times, humans tried to eradicate us believing we were demons. Due to this, the Magic and the Other beings disappeared, apparently dieing out. Well, or so the humans believed.

In truth, during that time, all over the world ALL of the Other people came to the same consensus. We needed to leave the humans to their selves. And we did. Slowly, almost all of the humans forgot us, only a few like the Celts and other remote groups remembered us as legends. Even they began to forget us and we watched it all from deep, deep underneath them.

We bided our time and met with all of the Others every fifty years to discuss our return to the surface world.
It was always the same, the world was not ready for the return of the Others and Magic. Then at the last meeting, 50 years ago, we all finally agreed. The humans with all their technology and the such, should be ready for Magic to return to the world. We did not fear the technology and iron like some legends state so we made our come back to the surface world.

Our plan was to slowly integrate ourselves back into the world and at first it worked. We went mostly unnoticed, starting with more remote civilizations and then working our way into more populated areas. That's where everything went wrong. As we ventured into these bigger places, the humans there became afraid of us. Many if us were killed during this time, others were captured and used as experiments. This continued for many years and most of us went back into hiding. Only the most stubborn of us stayed out on the surface and kept trying. We found some humans who were sympathetic to us and helped us, but still must humans were a threat to us. Especially the Others that looked very different from humans. Things seemed bleak until recently.

After a span of ten years, a huge project has been completed. A school to teach us human ways, and to teach some select humans about us. Also we will show them how to wield magic. They use to be common place, these magic users. However, when magic left the surface with us, the craft was mostly list to humans. A ran off it's head spent the last ten years teaching a group of adult humans the different aspects of the craft. Now they, and that team, will be teachers at our school, Briar Rose Academy. They will teach both Other students and the humans to interact and live amongst each other. This is our last plan, and our last chance, to coexist. I send a prayer to the Makers of All that Move that this will work.
THE RULES

1) No god modding. I want every character to have a couple of weaknesses. They may be anything from elements to great fears

2) Romance is to be kept within reason.
- When the clothes come off, take it to PMs. Or time skip.
- boy:"Hi" girl:"Hi" boy:"I love you" girl:"I love you too! Lets get married!" No. This scenario is not romance. Unless they know each other before hand, it will take a while for characters to get to the 'I love you' part.

3) Do not kill another character without the controller and me okaying it first.

4) Posts.
- first I ask that everyone put their characters picture in the post. It's hard for me when there are alot of characters to keep straight.
- also I ask that you try to keep your post to a minimum of a paragraph. I understand that every one in a while you may have a post that is a sentence or two but not all the time!
- I also ask that either at the beginning or end of your posts you put the location and company of your characters.

5)Language
- please no excessive cussing. Maybe once or twice a post but not in every sentence
- I understand some people may have trouble spelling a word or two but please make sure nothing is so misspelled that I can't read the post. That goes for all grammar as well

6) I need everyone to send me all lore on your characters race in a pm so I can post it in the lore tab. This is required

7) Please follow all gaia rules and regs

cool All profiles should be sent to me under the subject "In the Shadows"
[align=center][img]300x100[img]
Name || age || race || good or bad
One or two sentences to describe them[/align]

[align=center][size=18][u][color=white]XXXXX[/color] [color=COLOR1]Name[/color] [color=white]XXXXX[/color][/u][/size][/align]
[align=center][size=9][u][color=white]XXXXX[/color] [color=COLOR1]Nickname/Title[/color] [color=white]XXXXX[/color][/u][/size][/align]
[align=center][img]img[/img][/align]
[align=center][color=COLOR2][i]"Quote"[/i][/color][/align]

[align=left][size=16][color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=COLOR2]βasic ɨnformation[/color][/size][/align]
[size=9][b][color=COLOR3]αgє:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR4]10-20 for student 22-40 for teachers[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]םαтє σƒ вιятн:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR4]Also obvious.[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]ɢєη∂єя:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR4]Duh?[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]нєιgнт[/b][/color]
[color=COLOR4]in feet and inches[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]wєιgнт[/b][/color]
[color=COLOR4]in pounds[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]яαcє:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR4]What kind of being are you[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]ғяσм:[/color][/b]
[color=COLOR4]Where in the world is your kind from?[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]σяιєηтαтιση[/b][/color]
[color=COLOR4] which way do you swing?[/color]
[b][color=COLOR3]ɢoo∂ oʀ вα∂[/b][/color]
[color=COLOR4] Which one? [/color]
[/size]

[align=center][size=16][color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=COLOR2]Ҏersonal ɨnformation[/color][/size]
[size=9][b][color=COLOR3]тнє sтαʀ oʄ тнє sнow[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Student/Teacher/Janitor/Cook/etc. If a teacher, don't forget to put what you teach! [/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]тнєrє's oɴʟy oɴє oʄ ϻє ʄoʀ α ʀєαsoɴ[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Personality 2-6 sentences[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]ɪт's α ʟoɴɢ sтorʏ[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Bio One paragraph (7 sentences) or more[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]α ʀєℓιαвℓє wєαρoη[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Weapons, up to 3[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]ɪ'm ρʀєттʏ αwєsoϻє[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Powers and Magic that they wield. Don't become all powerful only one element or type of magic but please describe in detail.[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]ʟovє тнєsє[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Likes at least 3[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]нαтє тнosє[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Dislikes at least 3[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]sтαʏ αwαʏ![/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Fears, at least 2[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]ɴo, ɴo, ɴo![/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]weaknesses. 2 at least[/color][/size]

[b][color=COLOR3]ʟɪsтєɴ тo ʏoυʀ нєαʀт[/color][/b]
[size=9][color=COLOR4]Theme song max is five, add URL[/color][/size][/size] [/align]

[align=right][size=18][color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=COLOR2]Username[/color][/size][/align]
User Image

This is our school. As you can see it is pretty big. Please take your time exploring and enjoying our amenities. The first floor of the Teachers Area is where their offices and admin offices are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff