Are you ready to be a Brain Burster?

Hells yeah! 1 100.0% [ 1 ]
F*ck that, hell no. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Gold wh*re. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 1 ]

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                      User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

XXXXXXXXXX W E XX D O N T XX W A N N A XX N E V A XX E N D XX W E XX D O N T XX W A N N A XX N E V A XX E N D
                      tab tab LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN WALKIN' OUT BUT COMING BACK !!

★ ◞ CAUSE WE BECAME THE BEST OF FRIENDS × YOU GOT ALL THE QUESTIONS
                                    I'VE GOT ALL THE ANSWERSXX I TOOK YOUR HEART XX AND HELD IT FOR RANSOM XX WE DONT WANNA NEVA END
                                    I'VE GOT ALL THE ANSWERSXX I TOOK YOUR HEART XX AND HELD IT FOR RANSOM XX WE DONT WANNA NEVA END
                                                  LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN WE DONT WANNA NEVA END
                                          / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

User Image

x★ ▬ STAFF & INFO !!
                                                            ☆⋮owner amator demoni
                                                            ☆⋮moderators none currently
                                                            ☆⋮literacy lazy advance literate
                                                            ☆⋮graphics amator demoni
                                                            ☆⋮coding amator demoni
                                                            ☆⋮status under construction, accepting reserves

x★ ▬ CREDITS & RP !!

☆⋮images google and deviant art
                                                            ☆⋮text dafont.com
                                                            ☆⋮colors colourlovers.com
                                                            ☆⋮lyrcis neva end by pluto 3d
                                                            ☆⋮inspiration the anime accel world
                                                            ☆⋮graphics inspiration adenylate
                                                            ☆⋮coding inspiration sir elipunt
                                                            ☆⋮theme futuristic, cyber world/virtual reality, fighting, adolescent

o
                                                            o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                      i
                      User Image

XXXXXXXXXX W E XX D O N T XX W A N N A XX N E V A XX E N D XX W E XX D O N T XX W A N N A XX N E V A XX E N D

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

User Image

As humanity increases their use and capability of making advanced technology, many things are invented and used by the main stream. The internet was invented in the late 1960's and became a household item in the 1990's. Parent,s kids, grandparents, everyone from young to old used it to gain and spread information, talk with people all over the world, or fight with others they disagree with. By the 2020's all children were knowledgeable of the internet, of technology and computers, reducing face to face time greatly. Most kids spent their afternoons aft home on the computer or on their smart phones, playing games, talking with friends, reading articles or just looking at funny pictures. Most kids became more lonely, more secluded from reality and other people. However, as humanity goes, bullying is still prevalent, kids still get harassed by those that feel superior or are bullied themselves. Even with the advancement of technology, there are still ways that bullies find to harass others.

By the year 2040 a new form of technology came out, Virtual Reality. Finally people were able to escape the real world and going into a software based reality, where you come play games, or talk with friends. First their were helmets, where their brain was secluded from your body and your consciousness was adapted to software where you could ever this world. This sort of technology was of course expensive and required lots of energy to run. The first few generations of virtual reality were these large helmets that only the rich or those that could save up could obtain. Soon enough they were made cheaper and easier to buy, until most of the general public had these VR helmets and could play the games associated with it. As generations went on, this technology became more refined until a small and simple form of it was created. A thing neck band that tapped into the central nervous system, came out and made it easy to access the internet, and VR.

Soon enough all people had these neck bands, called Neuro Linker, they were simple enough to install and required no implant into the body. Being light and durable, everyone had one. Quickly it became a thing to put one on your child at an yearly age, practically since birth. Not only could the Neuro Linker allow you to go onto the internet, pull up virtual screens, notes, and videos right before your eyes, but a parent could monitor their child from their own Neuro Linker. Now the oldest generation to have had a Neuro Linker installed since birth are seventeen. This is a very important factor.

In school, all kids use their Neuro Linker no one brings pen and paper to class anymore. Instead students take notes on virtual note sheets or word documents. Schools will have private servers where students can use the internet without outside sources effecting the school. And usually most schools have virtual platforms for students to play games or hangout when not in class. So all people have a personal avatar, one they decorate themselves and use to interact with heir friends in VR. At home, families have their own servers and normally buy several VR platforms for their family to play games or work on homework or projects.

Several years ago and secret game comes out, called Brain Burst. At first it seemed like nothing more than a fight RPG, but when one enters the game, you do not chose your own avatar, instead the game chooses it for you. Ever avatar is chosen based of the person's innermost desires and fears. The game itself has only ten levels, gaining experience points with bump you up and make you more powerful as well as give you more abilities. The game itself is very hard to come by. You cannot buy the game, and asking around for it will only make you a target in real life. Only someone with the game can give it to you, and they can only do it once. Players are called Brain Bursters, and once you gain the game, playing it is not the only fun thing you can do with it. It can accelerate the human cognitive process to the point at which time appears to stop, but truly you are in hyper time, thinking faster than the speed of sound. You cannot move in this accelerated state without using most of your experience points. And when you lose all your EP, the game deletes itself from you and or Neuro Linker and all your memories associated with it are erased.

Brain Burst is an exepianl game, confusing and strange, but those that play it, find ways to get away from their bullies in life. When in their accelerated state you can come up with ways to avoid a punch, or to get out of a bad environment. On the platform where the game is played, it looks like the city around you, though altered either to looks like a forest, a rusted abandoned town, or water world. The theme always changes, and has no pattern to it. In the game you fight other players trying to advance to the highest level, ten. There is the idea that the first person that reaches level ten, will meet the maker of the game and learn it's true purpose. But to become level 10 you need to kill three level nine players in the game, making them lose everything they have ever accomplished, and the memories associated with Brian Burst. When this was realized the top players, the Kings of Color, decided that they would not try to get to level Ten, staying at level 9, forever, so they could keep the game. But their are those that do not believe in this ideal and want someone to reach level 10 and find out the truth about Brain Burst.

o
                                                      o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                      i
                      User Image

User Image

x★ ▬ GENERAL !!

☆⋮ i will personally always try to enforce my rules, but i am not god and cannot see or know everything. but if i see any of the rules below being broken there are consequences. you may get booted all together or just given a warning. make sure you pay attention to the rules.
                                                            ☆⋮ stealing is a rough thing here on gaia, i personally get inspired by other people's graphics, their coding and what not. i always reference and/credit those i am inspired by. if you like my stuff and want to model graphics or coding from my, or even use my theme or bits of my story, please ask me and then credit me.
                                                            ☆⋮ remember that this is a public forum and website. Keep to the tos for gaia, and that it is a pg-13 website. no gore, no sex, yadda yadda. this is a virtual reality game rp, so there will be no gore, and this is around teenagers, and even though they are horny little fuckers, time skip it they are gonna rut.
                                                            ☆⋮ i do not tolerate bullying or people with superior complexes. if you are bullying someone in the ooc or even in pms and they tell me, you will be kicked from the thread with no warning, and then banned from future rps of mine.
                                                            ☆⋮ keep me updated on any hiatuses you go on, or any long period of time you won't be on. if you disappear you have a week free from needing to tell me anything, but over a week I will send a quire, then after two weeks i will suspend your character and after three weeks your character will be removed.

x★ ▬ POSTING !!
                                                            ☆⋮ rp posting is to only be in the ic, and out of character chatter in the ooc. i don't know what i have to say this, but i have seen newbs come in and post ooc stuff in the ic and it drives me nuts. if you wanna some ooc in your post, just add it at the end in some way that we know its ooc.
                                                            ☆⋮ make your post layout pretty, please! if you cannot or cannot afford to buy one, i can make you a simple and nice layout for free. no text smaller than 10 and none bigger than 11. no pale colors please, it's hard enough to read when you are dyslexic, making the text pale just makes it harder.
                                                            ☆⋮ posts should be between 500 words and 3000 words. this is an advanced literate roleplay, so no one liners nor wimpy posts. i can understand writers' block, i get it all the time, ask for help to put more in to at least reach the minimum.
                                                            ☆⋮ please use good grammer, something your highschool english prof would be proud of. i won't be a grammar nazi, as i am dyslexic and make my own mistakes all the time. feel free to mention to me if i make a mistake.
                                                            ☆⋮ you must post within the ic at least once a week for each character. so remember if you are making ten characters (which i would not allow) that would mean 10 posts a week. please keep relatively active in the ooc, and post at least a few times a week.
                                                            ☆⋮ swearing it fine, this is a highschool based rp, and kids like to swear. you caa censor it or make it so everyone can see your fucks. I really don't care either way.

x★ ▬ CHARACTERS !!
                                                            ☆⋮ for your characters, please no gary and mary sues, make them unique witch fun quirks or habits. if your character is "perfect" they will not be accepted, everyone has flaws and so should your character.
                                                            ☆⋮ the actual character picture needs to be real life, no anime characters, the general avatar your character uses for vr games or chats can be cgi, anime or whatever, but not real life. the brain burst avatar needs to also be non real life,and so can be anime, cgi r whatever. i will not be accepting hand draw avatars, or anything that looks like you drew it up in microsoft paint. brain burst avatars are either elemental or mechanical, and elemental are very very very rare, so I will only have a max of 2 in the rp. more on the avatars will be below.
                                                            ☆⋮ your characters are your own, I will not be making a base for them. but keep in mind i want diversity, don't give me all white people or all japanese people. this rp is in america, so show me that melting pot.
                                                            ☆⋮ you can use celebrities, but no over used people like ariana grande or victoria justice. so major disney or nickelodeon actors/esses. I want unique looking people. The age range for this rp is from 13-17, all will be in a high school and most should know at least of each other in the real world, but not so much in the brain burst world.
                                                            ☆⋮ you can play a max of four characters, any more and you will get overwhelmed. don't hurt yourself please. if we need more characters, we can through in npcs and shit. if you need/want to drop one of your characters, that is totally fine, jest shoot me a pm and tell me, then we can work out a way for them to get out of the rp.
                                                            ☆⋮ these characters have to have a reason for being given the game, either they were bullied, hurt, or abused in some way. Don't give them some crazy insane back ground where their father raped them all their lives or whatever. they just need a flaw where another brain burst saw and then took pity on and gave them the game.

x★ ▬ JOINING !!
                                                            ☆⋮ joining is easy, simply fill out the application in the apps thread and post it there! very easy.
                                                            ☆⋮ when you submit the application, i will look it over and look at your samples, and reply in the thread accepting or denying it.
                                                            ☆⋮ once you are accepted, you much fill out the profile, you have a week to do this, as the profile is large and requires a lot of thinking to finish. you need to know your character very well, think through all of their decisions and how they act for all sorts of situations. remember their brain burst avatar is made by the "game" to represent their deepest desires and fears.
                                                            ☆⋮ have any questions? pm me, i promise i won't bite off your head, completely.

x★ ▬ PLOTTING !!
                                                            ☆⋮ plotting is required, get to know your fellow rpers, get them to know your character and how they tick. all plotting should be done in the ooc, so it is required that you post there several times a week.
                                                            ☆⋮ before i open the rp i want several pre-made relationships, who hates who, who is dating who, who is related, etc.. of course relations will change and grow within the rp, but give characters histories with each other.
                                                            ☆⋮ in the ooc quote everyone invloved in the plotting, as well as me if i need to be involved in it.
                                                            ☆⋮ not every character has to know each other, but most should know of each other. if their are popular kids they will be know by basically everyone, but might not know everyone else.
                                                            ☆⋮ there will be a relations section in the profile, keep that current and updated all the time, and if you like, link it to your post layout.

o
                                                      o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                      i
                      User Image

User Image

x★ ▬ THE GAME !!

Officially Brain Burst 2039, also known by its filename BB2039.exe, is a secret application which allows a person to make time seemingly stop by "accelerating" their brainwaves. The creator of the Brain Burst program is still unknown, but it is widely believed by many Burst Linkers that once a player reaches level 10, they will be introduced to the creator and will learn all the secrets about the Brain Burst program.

x★ ▬ INSTALLING !!

In order to install the Brain Burst program, the person needs to be invited by another Burst Linker and be sent an invitation through the Neuro Linker. This can only be done once for each Linker, meaning that each one can invite only one player to the game. Even when the invitation fails, a different player can't be invited. There are some specific conditions for the installation to be completed successfully, which are having the Neuro Linker from birth and certain brain speed reaction. If all of the conditions are not met, then the installation fails. The Burst Linker who invited the person becomes their guardian and has a close connection with him/her.

x★ ▬ BURST POINTS !!

The times a person can accelerate are limited and depend on the number of Burst Points they have, with them they can execute special commands while outside the virtual world such as Physical Burst, and to buy various items at Shops.. When a Burst Linker accelerates for the first time, they start with a total of 100 Brain Burst Points. Each time the Burst Linker accelerates, they lose 1 Burst Point. However, there are other Burst Link abilities that are obtained by the Burst Linker as they level up their Duel Avatar with each of the abilities varying in cost of Burst Points. Burst Points are mainly earned by fighting and defeating other Burst Linkers in the program’s online multiplayer fighting game, but can also been earned by defeating The Enemy, but "only" 10 Brain Burst Points will be earned, which's handy for high-leveled players.

x★ ▬ PHYSICAL BURST !!
                                                          Physical Burst is a feature of the Brain Burst program. As stated by Takumu, Physical Burst is a step below the Physical Full Burst.

A normal Brain Burst accelerates neural activity and thought processes a thousand times by separating the consciousness from the body. Physical Burst accelerates both mind and body by 10 times for 3 seconds in the real world and 30 seconds in acceleration.

However, using the Physical Burst depletes 5 burst points. As such, it is advised to avoid using it whenever possible due to its highly exhaustive nature.

x★ ▬ PHYSICAL FULL BURST !!

The Physical Full Burst is a feature of the Brain Burst program reserved for Burst Linkers of level 9 or above. The Physical Full Burst is the ultimate and final "power" granted to users of Brain Burst.

While the normal Brain Burst accelerates neural activity and thought processes a thousand times by separating the consciousness from the body, thereby allows the user to enter a world in between constructed based on the reality by using surveilence cameras as a point of view, the Physical Full Burst takes this to an even higher level.

By accelerating not only the neural activity but also nerve signals and heart rate of the body, the Physical Full Burst allows a burst linker to move his/her physical body while being accelerated by 100 times, thus allowing acceleration to be used in the real world as well at its fullest. Understandably, this puts a massive strain on the said linker's body as the body is forced to move at speeds far beyond normal capacity.

This power comes at a price, however, and will toll the user beyond the physical backlash by removing 99% of his/her remaining Burst Points, regardless of the points he/she has currently.

x★ ▬ MATCHES !!

In order to connect to the online multiplayer fighting game of Brain Burst, the person has to be connected to the network via his/her Neuro Linker. After connecting on, they are automatically added to the matchmaking list of the network where he/she connected to, where other Burst Linkers also appear on it if they are in the vicinity. Burst Linkers can then challenge others by choosing their name on the list. The fights there can be either between individuals or between pairs and teams.

Each Duel Avatar has an energy gauge that is lowered when receiving damage and is represented in blue. The special gauge that is used for special moves, which is increased when receiving damage or delivering damage or damaging field objects, is represented in green. Each battle has a time limit of 1800 seconds unless they are in the Unlimited Neutral Field. The goal is to decrease your opponent's energy gauge down to zero to win the match. If time runs out, whoever of the two combatants has the higher health points is indicated as the winner. If the two Burst Linkers are the same level, losing a battle causes the Linker’s points to reduce by 10 and the winner gains 10 points.

x★ ▬ DUEL AVATAR !!

Duel Avatars come in many shapes and sizes, but on the whole tend to be either humanoid or animal-shaped. Each Duel Avatar is named with a color and a noun, such as Lime Bell or Peach Parasol. Both the color and the noun designate the Duel Avatar's general abilities. Rarely, a Duel Avatar will be created with a so-called "metal color", which gets its properties from the metal it's named after instead of a color, such as Silver Crow or Nickel Doll. On some Duel Avatars, the first prefix may not appear to be a color, such as Ardor Maiden, but "ardor" refers to a blazing flame and is used as a color to mean red and white.

A Duel Avatar is created when the Brain Burst program is installed on someone's Neuro Linker. It used to be thought that the program would scan a person's mind and learn their fears and desires, and from their trauma it creates their Avatar. However, it appears that the vivid nightmare a new Burst Linker has is actually the person's own Incarnate projection of their desire. However, in many cases, a Burst Linker forgets about the contents of the dream but knows it was a nightmare.

Duel Avatars have access to both Abilities and Enhanced Armaments, which are generally unique to the Avatar and represent their main characteristic. There are several different kinds of Abilities, and Enhanced Armaments can take on any form, not only that of weapons.

A Duel Avatar is always created with either a passive/active Ability, a Special Move, or an Enhanced Armament. For example, in the anime Silver Crow had the passive Abilities Punch and Kick as well as the Special Move Headbutt, and Iris Alice gained access to the Two Face ability by shattering the glass flask she holds.

x★ ▬ LEVELING UP !!

Duel Avatars start at level 1 when born, and can get up to level 10, though no one has reached level 10 yet. Each level up grants the Avatar more maximum HP and gives them a choice of what Level Up Bonus they would like to choose.

Level Up Bonuses can be acquiring a new Ability, Special Move, Enhanced Armament, or somehow powering up those three. For example, in the anime Silver Crow chose to increase the flight speed of his Aviation Ability when he first leveled up, and Iris Alice chose a new Enhanced Armament, Queen's Astrology.

x★ ▬ THE STAGE !!
                                                              A Stage is a specific virtual environment used in Brain Burst 2039 for normal duels as well as for the Unlimited Neutral Field. Many different stages exist, and each has its own set of attributes.

Brain Burst creates a stage as a sort of "skin" on video data pulled from the Social Camera Network. Essentially, it generates a three-dimensional version of the Burst Linker's current location and applies certain effects to it. For example, the Twilight Stage is always at low light, and its buildings are easy to destroy.

Each stage has a certain attribute: Fire, Water, Wood, Dark, and Light. The first three are referred to as "nature"-type, and the second two as "special"-type. This has an effect on the semi-random stage transition process, as well as affecting enemy strengths and weaknesses. For example, the Archangel Metatron is at her weakest state on Dark-attribute Stages, making challenging her during this time almost a necessity.

Stages of the same attribute differ in "strength" as well. This equates roughly to how "pure" the stage is - for example, the Hell Stage is the most "powerful" Dark-attribute stage, and the Purgatory-stage is less powerful than it.

One important distinction between stages is the ability to enter buildings. For example, you can't go inside buildings on the Era's End stage, but you can in the Twliight stage.

A Stage Transition refers to the overwriting and refreshing of the Unlimited Neutral Field by replacing what Stage it's set on. They happen at irregular intervals; the exact timing is thought to be random. However, in the anime Iron Pound reveals that there is a method to the madness.

The next stage selected follows something of a pattern. First, the amount of time a Stage will be active can be anywhere from 3 to 10 (accelerated) days, but no longer than that. In addition, the stage selected afterwards always has a different attribute, so a Fire-attribute stage will never Transition to another Fire-attribute stage.

However, Great Wall's research found that if the game rotates between the three nature-attribute stages for a long period of time, then a "powerful" Dark- or Light-attribute stage will appear afterwards.

List of Known Stages
                                                            • Era's End Stage
                                                            • Twilight Stage
                                                            • Purgatory Stage
                                                            • Erosion Stage
                                                            • Chaos Stage
                                                            • Construction Stage
                                                            • Graveyard Stage (Dark)
                                                            • Wasteland Stage
                                                            • Demon Castle Stage
                                                            • Desert Stage
                                                            • Icy Stage (Water)
                                                            • Shopping Mall Stage
                                                            • Moonlight Stage
                                                            • Stormy Stage (Water)
                                                            • Prehistoric Forest Stage (Wood)
                                                            • Heian Stage
                                                            • Burnt Stage (Fire)
                                                            • Steel Stage
                                                            • Mortal Sin Stage (Dark)
                                                            • Light Rain Stage (Water)
                                                            • Lava Stage (Fire)
                                                            • Aurora Stage (Light)
                                                            • Sacred Ground Stage (Light)
                                                            • Hell Stage (Dark)
                                                            • Heaven Stage (Light)
                                                            • Rotting Forest Stage (Wood)
                                                            • Fairy World Stage
                                                            • Gorai Stage

x★ ▬ GAME DEATH !!

In the Unlimited Neutral Field, if a Duel Avatar's HP reaches 0, they disappear in place of a Death Marker, which shows the Avatar's name and shines a beam of colored light into the sky. For sixty minutes, the Burst Linker can travel around in "ghost" form as an observer, and when the sixty minutes are up, they re-assume control of their Avatar.

x★ ▬ LEGIONS !!

There are seven legions in total, all ruled by one of the seven Kings of Color. Nega Nebulus is the Black Legion; Great Wall is a Legion also known as the Green Legion; Oscillatory Universe is a Legion also known as the White Legion; Prominence is the Red Legion; Auroral Oval is a Legion also known as the Purple Legion; Leonidz is a Legion also known as the Blue Legion; and the Crypt Cosmic Circus is the Yellow Legion.

x★ ▬ THE ENEMY !!

Enemies are non-player characters, usually taking on the form of some kind of animal, that wander around the Unlimited Neutral Field at will. When defeated, they give a small amount of Burst Points - usually less than are earned from winning a normal duel. Because of this, Burst Linkers often form parties of players to hunt Enemies for long periods at a time.

Enemies are separated into four distinct classes in order to denote their level of power:
                                                              tab tab tab tab Lesser-class
                                                              tab tab tab tab Wild-class
                                                              tab tab tab tab Beast-class
                                                              tab tab tab tab Legend-class; eg. Nidhogg.

Though there are four classes, even Lesser-class enemies are difficult for mid- to high-ranking Burst Linkers to defeat alone. Some Legions use Enemies as a "rite of passage" for Burst Linkers to move into a ranking position within the Legion.

Enemies drop Burst Points by default, but in rare cases, they have been known to drop Enhanced Armaments. This seems to be limited to very powerful enemies, however.

When a Duel Avatar uses an Incarnate ability of some sort in the Unlimited Neutral Field, nearby Enemies will detect it and attempt to converge on that location.

x★ ▬ UNINSTALLING BRAIN BURST !!

Whenever a Burst Linker's points are reduced to zero, the Brain Burst program automatically uninstalls from the Neuro Linker and the person's memories pertaining to it are completely erased. Once the program is uninstalled, it is unable to be reinstalled onto the Neuro Linker. The Brain Burst program can also be uninstalled by free will of the player if he/she wanted to.

o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                i
                User Image

User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image

o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                i
                User Image

User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image

o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Greedy Werewolf

User Image
                i
                User Image

User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image
                                                User ImageUser Image

o

User Image

c0f500 f8023c 020202

Quick Reply

Submit