Welcome to Gaia! ::

supposedly eating lots of onions will help, as then they don't like the taste of your blood.
it works for my dad, as he never gets bitten.
wokfie2
supposedly eating lots of onions will help, as then they don't like the taste of your blood.
it works for my dad, as he never gets bitten.
but that causes you to perspire a foul stench, no?
The candle thing seemed to be working..then I read yesterday an article on how scented candles that burn for 2+ hours release lead.. which of course is toxic to us. And that's pretty much the only type of candles we have. gonk

Familiar Flatterer

Lieutenant Kyosuke Nanbu
The candle thing seemed to be working..then I read yesterday an article on how scented candles that burn for 2+ hours release lead.. which of course is toxic to us. And that's pretty much the only type of candles we have. gonk
I thought I was uber paranoid about my health...

Calm down... a little lead wont kills you... Gosh, we probably have traces of lead in us that arent doing any harm...
If you eat bananas often avoid going outside for at least 2 hours. XD.. :3
Dr Dimari
Lieutenant Kyosuke Nanbu
I thought I was uber paranoid about my health...

Calm down... a little lead wont kills you... Gosh, we probably have traces of lead in us that arent doing any harm...
Well when I was checking my mule email on AIM, this article popped up about it - http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-living/health-dangers-hazards-home
Wow. First you have smelly feet beyond belief, and now mosquito bites that parallel welts? That is quite unfortunate luck. As for the mosquitoes..using a laundry sheet such as bounce and putting it in your clothing or rubbing it on your skin helps...mosquito repellent, however, is useless. They're attracted to it, and in making contact with it it kills them. But it doesn't help keep them away. So don't use that. If you have the "tum" pills or some other sort of antacid tablet, lick one and put it on a bite that's bothering you, or several. It helps with the itch and swelling. You can also buy medications to help with the itch, creams such as Cordaid and Calamine help too.

Hope this works.
ninja Yeah, I'm not made for suburban life during a heat wave. gonk
How about trying a vitamin B1 patch. It makes your blood smell bad so no critters are gonna want to bite you.
EnkouFira
How about trying a vitamin B1 patch. It makes your blood smell bad so no critters are gonna want to bite you.
Is that real..?
Actually, the best way would be to change your brands of soap. Mosquitoes bite people by scent, not by the warmth of blood. So maybe by changing your soap brand/scent you might deter mosquitoes from biting you.

I live in a tropical country where mosquitoes are common all year round. Whats worse is that they have the tendency to bite only me. So I changed my regular J&J soap into a Body Shop one that had floral/fruity scents. The mosquitoes now generally bite me less.

Another thing to note. You might wanna clear any places with stagnant water in your home to prevent mosquito breeding. That way, less mosquitoes would be near you.
Avaloch
Actually, the best way would be to change your brands of soap. Mosquitoes bite people by scent, not by the warmth of blood. So maybe by changing your soap brand/scent you might deter mosquitoes from biting you.

I live in a tropical country where mosquitoes are common all year round. Whats worse is that they have the tendency to bite only me. So I changed my regular J&J soap into a Body Shop one that had floral/fruity scents. The mosquitoes now generally bite me less.

Another thing to note. You might wanna clear any places with stagnant water in your home to prevent mosquito breeding. That way, less mosquitoes would be near you.
We have a swamp nearby though. gonk
1 time i was at a frinds place and had like 1000 bites and i(of course) forgot my hydrocortizone... i rushed 2 the bathroom and grabbed the 1st tube 1 saw.... it was toothpaste.... and it worked nicely
Anything with DEET works really well, like Off- another poster mentioned avoiding bananas- no kidding, mosquitoes will go after banana eaters more- idk why.

Since you live in a swampy area, you may want to look into repellents for not just your own body, but your house and yard. There are 3 yard sprays-
Bio-Spot Yard and Garden Spray
Adams Plus Yard Spray
Siphotrol Yard Spray.
These will get rid of mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, ants, and flies, but they also get rid of other bugs like crickets; and you CAN'T put them on yourself, pets, or even walk on the area sprayed until its dry. And don't breathe it in. These sprays contain the bug neurotoxin Permethrin. It's safe for mammals, but ahhhh.... you don't want a whole lotta bug poison in your system, right? If you get these, read the instructions carefully before buying and decide if they're appropriate for you. I think you can find them at yard and garden shops, and at places that sell things for pets and livestock. Between this and DEET, you shouldn't be bugged anymore.

BTW, my brother has tres stinky feet that smell like Corn Chips- 15mg of Zinc is good for that and for general B.O.

Hope this helps. The Northeast sucks in the summer, no? Why the heck is it considered a Temperate Zone?
Sweetpea The Tigress
Anything with DEET works really well, like Off- another poster mentioned avoiding bananas- no kidding, mosquitoes will go after banana eaters more- idk why.

Since you live in a swampy area, you may want to look into repellents for not just your own body, but your house and yard. There are 3 yard sprays-
Bio-Spot Yard and Garden Spray
Adams Plus Yard Spray
Siphotrol Yard Spray.
These will get rid of mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, ants, and flies, but they also get rid of other bugs like crickets; and you CAN'T put them on yourself, pets, or even walk on the area sprayed until its dry. And don't breathe it in. These sprays contain the bug neurotoxin Permethrin. It's safe for mammals, but ahhhh.... you don't want a whole lotta bug poison in your system, right? If you get these, read the instructions carefully before buying and decide if they're appropriate for you. I think you can find them at yard and garden shops, and at places that sell things for pets and livestock. Between this and DEET, you shouldn't be bugged anymore.

BTW, my brother has tres stinky feet that smell like Corn Chips- 15mg of Zinc is good for that and for general B.O.

Hope this helps. The Northeast sucks in the summer, no? Why the heck is it considered a Temperate Zone?
surprised Zinc..I take zinc all the time though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff