Welcome to Gaia! ::

KitsuneRonin
I'd heard that pig DNA was the closest to ours, actually.
No, pig organs are the closest in size to ours which makes them the best candidates for cross species organ donation.
TPauSilver
KitsuneRonin
I'd heard that pig DNA was the closest to ours, actually.
No, pig organs are the closest in size to ours which makes them the best candidates for cross species organ donation.

Something like that, yes. I recall something being said about the harvesting of pig hearts for such transplants.
TO THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD: stare
You really need to check out a BIOLOGY book, like Solomon's . And READ THE EVOLUTION CHAPTER COMPLETELY....that way you'll learn that birds appeared WAY before the Hominiade wink
Surprisingly, however, in embryology we observe multiple similarities in the early stages of the embryos of several animal species to our own.
This suggest the existance of a common ancestor that dates further back as the cutoff between confusion and distinction appears sooner in growth supporting evolutionary theory in some respect.

I agree; these are called homologous structures as humans resemble chickens in early embyological stages; echoing the previous quote, it suggests a common ancestor.
l believe in evolution but not in the way that humans came from apes or chimps.
BlackGrail

...How do you believe in evolution then?

Humans are more 'compatible' with chimps than with apes because they have a more recent common ancestor. The most recent common ancestor of humans and chickens would be...a really long time ago. Just because the cell structure is similar, it doesn't mean they are more closely related...or 'compatible' as you said. That comes down to DNA structure/chromosomal arrangements. By the way...how is the cell structure of a human closer to a chicken than to an ape? (Use biological terms, if possible.)
BlackGrail
Then, my darling, you are either of the delusion that humans are in some way different to all the other animals or you don't bleieve in evolution...
TPauSilver
BlackGrail
Then, my darling, you are either of the delusion that humans are in some way different to all the other animals or you don't bleieve in evolution...

Well I believe in evolution but I don't think humans came from chimps. We came from the same ancestors as chimps, but they've been doing some evolving of their own over the years.

Maybe that's what she meant?
csharpmajor
TPauSilver
BlackGrail

Well I believe in evolution but I don't think humans came from chimps. We came from the same ancestors as chimps, but they've been doing some evolving of their own over the years.

Maybe that's what she meant?

I highly doubt it, people who think that tend to quality themselves. People who say "I don't think we came from Chimps or anythin" of the like tend to be uneducated, expecially since the thread isn't about humans evolving from apes.
How do we know that humans are from earth? Maybe we evloved on a nother planet, like mars, then were transported to earth some how.
the south park kid
How do we know that humans are from earth? Maybe we evloved on a nother planet, like mars, then were transported to earth some how.

Because we can look at the fossilized remains of the evolutionary ancestors here on Earth?
hic erro
the south park kid

Because we can look at the fossilized remains of the evolutionary ancestors here on Earth?
And the fact that pretty much everything else that's alive on earth would have had to have evolved on another planet also becuase of all the evidence given to support a common ancestor (degrees of relatedness according to DNA, identical genetic code etc.)
There is actually a theory about aliens coming and breeding with humans. Don't exactly agree with it, but it's interesting. The theory comes from stories of giant mummies in some cave in the Southwest and form Summer. The Summarians were very knowledgable about the structure of the solar system and they even threw in another planet besides the nine that we count today (yes, they did have planets after Saturn, which aren't visible to the naked eye). In carvings depicting people they have people sitting down the same size as people standing up, giants. It's a rather bizarre theory and a bit of the charts, but still interesting.
ArtemisLB
There is actually a theory about aliens coming and breeding with humans. Don't exactly agree with it, but it's interesting. The theory comes from stories of giant mummies in some cave in the Southwest and form Summer. The Summarians were very knowledgable about the structure of the solar system and they even threw in another planet besides the nine that we count today (yes, they did have planets after Saturn, which aren't visible to the naked eye). In carvings depicting people they have people sitting down the same size as people standing up, giants. It's a rather bizarre theory and a bit of the charts, but still interesting.

sounds like a mix of avp and stargate to me.
I think that evolution is a huge explanation of where humans come from. i don't believe that we suddenly poped up on this earth from nowhere

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff