Welcome to Gaia! ::

i think that cloning isnt right. we are palying god and to me its rong because we sohuldnt be doing this scientists always want to get to the next level... how would the clone feel. we are thinking with our brain not our hearts.
Kid_0
i think that cloning isnt right. we are palying god and to me its rong because we sohuldnt be doing this scientists always want to get to the next level... how would the clone feel. we are thinking with our brain not our hearts.
The clone would feel: Thank you, you gave me life other wise I would never have existed. What is the evidence that 'playing god' is wrong? Everyone thinks with their brains and not with their hearts even if they think they don't, the heart is an organ for pumping bloud around to body.
Kid_0
How is making an exact copy of an organism playing god? The term playing god makes no sense because what on earth is playing god. God created life, fine, but then isdn't having sex playing god? Or at least so much so as, say, IVF.

And, hun, not only are the vast majority of scientists about reproductive cloning at the moment, but we push science so we can find things we don't know in the hopes that these things hold the key to curing illness and helping other.

And what in the hell is wrong with thinking with our brain and not our hearts? Your heart is stupid and implusive. Sometimes, I feel like just punching people, this is what my heart tells me to do, but I follow my head when it says "puching them is stupid". And besides, repsroductive cloning at this point wouldn't be thinking with your head since it's so risky.
Kid_0
we are palying god

Define "playing God". This term means different things however you apply it and seems to be more of a useful catchphrase than an argument that has any kind of weight. You can either drop it or back it up and since backing it up would involve proving the existance of God and then defining His role I would strongly suggest that you drop it.

Kid_0
to me its rong because we sohuldnt be doing this

That's not a reason why it's wrong.

Kid_0
scientists always want to get to the next level...

I don't understand why this would be a bad thing. We want to better our species and our understanding of nature through science, or, as you put it, "get to the next level". Are you trying to suggest that this desire clouds rational judgement in scientists and perhaps means that they are making the wrong decision for the wrong reason?

Surely the reason why scientists want to reach the next level is more important than the fact that they simply do.

Kid_0
how would the clone feel.

They'd probably be glad that they're alive. How would you feel if you'd been conceived?

Kid_0
we are thinking with our brain not our hearts.

That's a good thing.
i think that they should put more funds into perfecting cloning, i mean we can clone kids that were born with diseases but get rid of those diseases so they can have a second chance at life.
I don't see how cloning is playing God. It's just selective breeding on the highest level yet. Although our current techniques and technology are highly unreliable, they do work. We have the technology- it must now be mastered.

DarkenAngel's Queen

Shameless Lunatic

I've cloned several genes this year. Cloned organisms are responsible for the production of monoclonal antibodies as well as some proteins used frequently by the medical community. (Insulin, Factor VIII, etc)
Kid_0

i strongly agree with you...
i mean...only God has the right to create another form of human life....(animals included)....with the exemption of course of mothers...
Humans are naturally artificiers. God, having been described as a creator, can be considered also an artificier. Humans are therefore innately like God.

Drop the subject, already. There is no anti-cloning argument, just anti-cloning sentiment.
tokyo90002000
i think that they should put more funds into perfecting cloning, i mean we can clone kids that were born with diseases but get rid of those diseases so they can have a second chance at life.

No. They would not be the same person; the clone would be the original person's genetic duplicate, other than the genes that you'd tampered with, but would not be the same person.
rYkHaN
Kid_0

i strongly agree with you...
i mean...only God has the right to create another form of human life....(animals included)....with the exemption of course of mothers...

So mothers are allowed to clone people?

There is no argument against cloning.
Deny it how you like, there are arguments against cloning. At the moment. I am pro-cloning, but would like to point out the true arguments against it. Cloning is far too unreliable to produce healthy human beings. Dolly, the sheep, was the only successful clone of 277 attempts. Many of the embryoes that implanted mutated horribly and died. In addition, Dolly's death is believed to be linked to her origin.
Sovreignofswords
Deny it how you like, there are arguments against cloning. At the moment. I am pro-cloning, but would like to point out the true arguments against it. Cloning is far too unreliable to produce healthy human beings. Dolly, the sheep, was the only successful clone of 277 attempts. Many of the embryoes that implanted mutated horribly and died. In addition, Dolly's death is believed to be linked to her origin.

I agree. Cloning should not be considered for experamentation with humans. It's too underdeveloped, and would cause more hurt than gain.

I don't even really see the purpose of cloning other than man can say, "Ooh, look what I've done." Some might ague that it could help cronically ill people by raising a healthy human replica. But then what could you do with a replica? It would also be a human being with thoughts and feelings of its own. It would be like having a identical twin just that twin would be younger.
I've always wanted to clone... cloning humans is very ineffecient now, and it makes very little sense... unless you want to have twins, for example, so you can clone the baby soon after it's conceived. But cloning plant has been going on for HUNDREDS of years:

If you take a piece of a plant and stick it in the ground and it grows, it will be genetically identical and is biologically a clone. Cloning animals could be very useful too. But cloning humans just doesn't have any applications. It's just another milestone for science.
The Raelian cult hopes to clone adult bodies and transplant their brains into them. Hate to break their bubble, but the brain would be mush by the time the second body dies, considering that brain cells don't regenerate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff