Welcome to Gaia! ::

topic closed!

Ladykiller

Havent done it. But read/watched tutorials on it. Id honestly rather go buy a lipstick from the store.
Dream Fortress
Havent done it. But read/watched tutorials on it. Id honestly rather go buy a lipstick from the store.

I'm bored and I haven't done anything remotely crafty in a long-a** time because of school. D; Crayon lipstick, regardless if it works, sounds fun. Plus, I can get my niece to help.

I mainly wanted to play with making a purple lipstick. The only brands who make purple lipstick are typically high-end. Revlon has one, too.
...except I can't swatch the damn color and my Ulta doesn't carry it, so I can't return it once opened. $9 is too damned much for me to spend on a lipstick I'm not sure will suit me.
........ gonk

I hoped you were going to be talking about these:
http://www.clinique.co.uk/cms/whats_new/chubbystick/index.tmpl

I remember when I was about three, my little friend and I used to sneak into the bathroom with my chalks and dip them into water so we could draw all over each other's faces with them. That's what this reminds me of sweatdrop

Regardless, I've never made lipstick out of crayons so I can't help you there.
Lady-Shiro
........ gonk

I hoped you were going to be talking about these:
http://www.clinique.co.uk/cms/whats_new/chubbystick/index.tmpl

I remember when I was about three, my little friend and I used to sneak into the bathroom with my chalks and dip them into water so we could draw all over each other's faces with them. That's what this reminds me of sweatdrop

Regardless, I've never made lipstick out of crayons so I can't help you there.

I've seen eyeshadow sticks like that a lot in the US. :O My favorite brand NYX makes a whole bunch and I love them. *O*
...i think that helps? All I know about Clinique is that it seems far too expensive for my tiny budget.

&that sounds so cute. x3

Shy Fatcat

oh i've done it, it's pretty fun and cool
unkawaii

Any specific colors you messed with? :O
I really wanna try making some different purple lipsticks, which I rarely see swatches of...
yet I see green & blue swatches. emotion_sweatdrop

& YAY FUN.

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
I've done it but I've had trouble getting the makeup to actually stay with certain colors. It comes out more like a tinted balm than anything else for me. (I use shea butter, coconut oil and crayola, of course..) but I've made blue, fuschia, and a light pastel purple before but I lost them all when I moved so I wouldn't be able to provide pics. (Which is probably for the best, the blue was frustrating to put on and though oddly moisturizing, the thick wax was too much.)
If you plan to make it just because of making it, I would say go for it.
However, if you plan to wear it regularly, I doubt whether it is good for you.. Crayons weren't really made to be eaten.

Shy Fatcat

xAliceJae
unkawaii

Any specific colors you messed with? :O
I really wanna try making some different purple lipsticks, which I rarely see swatches of...
yet I see green & blue swatches. emotion_sweatdrop

& YAY FUN.

i used purple, i used it on an everyday basis lol
I'm with Pikkewyn.
You ingest so much of your lip products, so because of it I mostly use Bite Beauty, since it's made with food grade ingredients.
LUX AURUMQU3
I'm with Pikkewyn.
You ingest so much of your lip products, so because of it I mostly use Bite Beauty, since it's made with food grade ingredients.
According to the manufactureres of crayola, the crayon itself is non-toxic. But I still cannot imagine it being good for you.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Dream Fortress

Aged Girl

I've made some with olive oil and avocado butter.
It hasn't a smooth and creamy application as store-bought lipsticks and the texture was off-putting for me, although less toxic. My color (purple) came out too sheer for my liking. I may try again. Not sure

Mewling Lover

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Sounds like a bad idea.
If it's a certain color you're looking for I recommend makeup pigments.
You mix them to a certain color you like and add it to whatever you're using it for then apply it.
In your case for lipstick you would mix it with something like Vaseline.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff