Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Friend

All I can really find are the barbells or retainers- which are pretty boring i dunno. Is it possible to flip up pinchers? I need to know for work purposes.

Eloquent Vampire

You're going to want retainers for work purposes. They're simple, readily available, cheap, and easiest to flip. Don't bother wearing pretty jewelry if it's just going to be hidden anyway. Save those for show-off days, after you're well and fully healed.

Demonic Demigod

i own tons of septum jewelry including pinchers. all of which i bought online, and NONE of them i have been able to flip up.
the only one that i can flip up well and keep it that way for long periods of time is the jewelry i got it pierced with, since they have to bend it outwards in order for you to move it freely. if you don't have any jewelry that is bent and able to be flipped up, i suggest going to a piercer and having them bend it for you with their pliers, or do it yourself with clean pliers.

Mega Friend

Jagger-Wolf
You're going to want retainers for work purposes. They're simple, readily available, cheap, and easiest to flip. Don't bother wearing pretty jewelry if it's just going to be hidden anyway. Save those for show-off days, after you're well and fully healed.

I've had my septum pierced for about four years, and it's starting to look like I should opt for a retainer. Thanks so much for replying! whee

Mega Friend

gutmouth
i own tons of septum jewelry including pinchers. all of which i bought online, and NONE of them i have been able to flip up.
the only one that i can flip up well and keep it that way for long periods of time is the jewelry i got it pierced with, since they have to bend it outwards in order for you to move it freely. if you don't have any jewelry that is bent and able to be flipped up, i suggest going to a piercer and having them bend it for you with their pliers, or do it yourself with clean pliers.

Oooh awesome! May consider that! All I've ever had is what I got for my initial piercing, so I don't know a ton aout this kind of stuff. I'll see if I can get any small pinchers that can be bent by a pro. Thanks so much for the advice!

Tipsy Prophet

Circular barbell. (horseshoe) Easiest thing to flip up. Or just use a retainer post. No need to flip it up then.

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
Honestly, I'd recommend a retainer. I always get one at every size my septum has been at because they are easy to get in, easy to flip up, and they are comfortable. No one can see it anyway so who cares about how fashionable it is? Once you are healed, you can pop it in for piercing-unfriendly events pretty easily.
I've never been able to flip a pincer or a horseshoe up. My right nasal cavity is a bit small though sad

Mega Friend

Delightful_FOOL
Circular barbell. (horseshoe) Easiest thing to flip up. Or just use a retainer post. No need to flip it up then.

Thank you! I've currently got the circular barbell, looks cool and still flips up. haha

Mega Friend

Lemon Peel Clock
Honestly, I'd recommend a retainer. I always get one at every size my septum has been at because they are easy to get in, easy to flip up, and they are comfortable. No one can see it anyway so who cares about how fashionable it is? Once you are healed, you can pop it in for piercing-unfriendly events pretty easily.
I've never been able to flip a pincer or a horseshoe up. My right nasal cavity is a bit small though sad

Thanks for the response! I'm a bit hesitant about a retainer because I'm super nervous about changing the ring myself. I've had my septum pierced for six years (I think?), but ahhhh I'm so paranoid!

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
If you want some pincers that can be flipped up then you can go to a piercing place and they can probably make you some.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff