Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Sooo.....I need a little help. I love blush but I have no idea how to make it look nice on an oval face. What I mean by that is that placement of it. It doesnt look right when I put it on the apples of my cheeks gonk Does anyone have any tips?

Second question: I really want to try out the Maybelline dream bouncy blushes I've read a few good reviews on it but I want to know about your experience with it blaugh

Dangerous Member

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
hm.. instead of doing the usual roundish shape, you almost have to do a ~ shape along your cheekbones..

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
EternalFlame
hm.. instead of doing the usual roundish shape, you almost have to do a ~ shape along your cheekbones..
I've never heard of doing that. I'll try that out. Thank a lot blaugh

Dangerous Member

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
No promises that it works, that's just my best guess 3nodding

If it doesn't, I vote for warpaint of some kind. We could bring that back. Totally start a fashion trend.

Feral Kitten

For oval shaped faces, applying it slightly below your cheekbones, sweeping it from your temples (just below the corner of my eye works best for me) to about an inch away from your mouth and nose typically looks best, keeping a relatively light hand.
This is the best diagram I could find that didn't have other pictures, and this, this, and this are all good examples of people wearing their blush like that. It's best to try to avoid bringing your blush too close to your nose or else you might end up looking like you have a cold or a sunburn. (My mom does this all the time and she ends up looking like she has a cold.)

Fashionable Noob

Here's a guide with blush/contour and a real example. You don't have to do the contour but it's nice also!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i had the maybelline dream bouncy blush in i believe was the lightest pink (just to try it out, it was my first blush) and it wasn't horrible but it wasn't what i expected, i wasn't a fan of the fact it was almost a sort of cream.
now i use the NARS blush from their blush/bronzer duo, the shade is called orgasm and it's a pretty, light pink with a subtle sheen to it and i love it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff