Welcome to Gaia! ::

I found some in my make up bag that I hadn't tried yet so I decided to put it on. After a few seconds it started to sting (as I assumed it would) so I wiped it off on the back of my hand. Stupid I know but I didn't have anything else near me and I wanted it off my lips as soon as humanly possible. So now, I have this big rash on the back of my hand and its really itchy. Stupid stupid stupid me.

This ever happen to anyone? Anyone else have bag experiences with plumping lip gloss?
My friend bought some of that stuff at Sephora, but she loves it xP
She likes the stinging sensation. But it never gave her a rash. I think its supposed to sting. ((Thats what the workers told her))

Just dont use it anymore. Good luck with that rash x_x
M.a.d W.o.r.l.d
My friend bought some of that stuff at Sephora, but she loves it xP
She likes the stinging sensation. But it never gave her a rash. I think its supposed to sting. ((Thats what the workers told her))

Just dont use it anymore. Good luck with that rash x_x
I expected it to sting but I didn't know it would make my hand all rashy. =| I don't see how your friend can stand the feeling.

And to think I paid $6 for the thing.
lol Hey at least I know it works, it plumps your hand too!
You might have just been allergic, I've never had any rash symptoms or such
I used to have some, but now I don't like the idea of irritating your lips to the point of puffiness. It does not look or feel natural.
heeeey! don't hate all plumping glosses because of that!!

There's basically three types of plumpers:
Ones that use things like mints and cayanne peppers that irritate the lips (the tingles), thus drawling more blood to the area, plumping them and giving them that "just made out look"

There's ones with different things like animal and insect venom, that actually causes a mild allergic reaction, and the resulting swelling=plump lips.

Then there's ones with PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, which is a semisynthetic compound derived from palm oil and protein fragments. Volume is added by restoring glycosaminoglycans and collagen, your natural plumping agents. (Great for people like you who hate the burning feeling)
I've never had any problems. The trick is to put chapstick on before you put the lipgloss on. This creates a barrier that protects against that sting. You will get a tingling sensation, but no burning.

Mewling Streaker

7,750 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
no it hasnt but it sounds like u should buya more expensive lip gloss heart
I really don't see a point in a plumping lip gloss in the first place. I'm not really into the whole 'changing the way you look without a medical reason' thing.

But, my own bias aside, I would say that you're probably allergic or got the kind of plumping lip gloss with venom in it and you should get the more natural kind.

Or, if you would be up to it instead, use the lip gloss that uses actual make-up to give the illusion of lips being larger instead of the stuff that actually makes them larger.
I love it all. After the burning the results are quite nice.
I hate it, but that's only because I already have plump lips and I look like a fish if I wear it.

Shameless Raider

3,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
I've never used lipgloss that was specifically for plumping,

But...

Victoria's Secret makes this lipgloss (Beauty Rush) that will make you're lips plumper even though the label doesn't say it will. It just moisturizes them a lot so that they will. Try it...it probably wont sting like the other stuff...

Anxious Girl

No, that has never happened to me.
I doubt it ever will.

Only six dollars?
(That's some cheap lipgloss.)
Some random brand, I'm guessing?
Philosophizing Muffin
I would say that you're probably allergic or got the kind of plumping lip gloss with venom in it and you should get the more natural kind.

Technically isn't venom natural? It naturally occurs in certain animals.

Anyways, like people have said, you could be allergic, or it could be just a cheap brand. I've had sore eyes from cheap eyeshadow before today.

And when I tried plumping gloss my lips stung a bit, so I wiped it off. Did the same thing you did, heh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff