Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many attempts does it take to perfect your eyeliner?

+ 1 Attempt 1 100.0% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Hello! Welcome to the ❝Official ❞ Makeup Addicts Thread! I was browsing the subreddit
                    r/MakeupAddiction when I realized that I could totally be on Gaia talking to people about
                    makeup! Then, when I looked for a makeup forum I couldn't find one. I managed to find this
                    forum but, as far as I could tell, there's no thread for makeup help/chat/whatever! Sure, there
                    are little threads where people will ask questions but I figured a thread where people can
                    post about the new makeup they got, compare makeup, and simply just talk makeup with-
                    out the hassle of having to make a thread would be great! Plus, this way, you can make
                    friends with people - I basically just thought a nice little hangout for all things makeup would
                    be nice. If you're a makeup addict like myself or simply would like to talk makeup then hang
                    out here! Feel free to ask for advice, tutorials, suggestions, anything. But most of all, have fun!

Please, stick around, chat, and give us a <3 !

User Image

User Image
                    tab January 28th - Resolution follow up.

User Image

1-9-14 tab Thread being created in Test Forum.
                    1-10-14 tab Thread open in Real Life Fashion & Style Forum!
                    1-14-14 tab New graphics and button added!

CURRENT SALES GOING ON
                    Target is offering a $5 gift card if you buy $20 worth of L'Oreal items. It looks like it works online or in store (with the in-ad coupon or by texting the mobile number).

The Body Shop is having a site-wide buy 2 get 2/buy 3 get 3 sale. Great time to stock up on goodies! Not sure if this is in store as well.

Sephora has promo code 'VICESWAP' online for Beauty Insiders. Spend $25 or more to pick up 2 deluxe mini samples, including Tarte Maracuja Oil and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara (in addition to the regular 3 free samples).

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    First things first, rules! Yes, there need to be rules here simply to keep things in order, ok?
                    Let's try to abide by these, please. I doubt anyone here wouldn't so things should be fine.

tab Be nice! This is the number one rule because no one likes a jerk!

tab Have some respect for your fellow gaians. Common sense, here.

tab Don't spam, please. Feel free to bump but not every single second.

tab When posting a picture ( whether it be of yourself or makeup swatches ), try not to use filters!

tab Use constructive criticism - do not put others down.

tab No inappropriate comments; "You look better without makeup."

tab New rules will be underlined like this.

MODERATORS
                        If you wish to be a moderator, you'll need to PM me. Moderators will be ensuring that rules
                        aren't being broken while I'm away. You need to be relatively active here to be a moderator,
                        but don't worry I'll be flexible at first since I don't want to be a lonely moderator all alone ~

tab GENERAL DINGUS
                          tab User Image
                          tab nickname; general, dingus
                          tab position; moderator
                          tab age; twenty-one
                          tab about; hello! i love makeup, i have for about over a year now. if i get money,
                          tab it's instantly spent on makeup. i recently acquired powerbrows and my specialty
                          tab is winged eyeliner ~holla~ lately i've been trying to perfect my contouring game, i
                          tab can't contour for s**t /sobs i love giving out advice, so please - ask away !!! ; v ; <3

tab KOKORO STRING
                          tab User Image
                          tab nickname; koko
                          tab position; moderator
                          tab age; twenty-two
                          tab about; lover of all things cosmetic & beauty (but also fashion hehe). gyaru
                          tab &ulzzang makeup style are my specialties. i enjoy trying new brands &expanding
                          tab my knowledge by trying products outside the US too. i'm pretty open and i love
                          tab making friends and helping out with anything, so please don't hesitate to ask me
                          tab anything if you have a question/problem.

Ruthless Spirit

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Here will be the contests that are ongoing and that have been completed along with their winners!
                    Contests will range from possibly different makeup themes, best interpretation of something
                    through makeup, possibilities are endless!

5 PRODUCT CONTEST
                      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This week's contest is going to be for the best "5 product" look.
                    This means that you may only use FIVE products. Tools don't count against you
                    and as far as eyeshadows go, they each count meaning if you have a palette you
                    can't consider that one item! First place wins 50k!
                    Last day to enter - 1-29-14, winner will be announced on the 30th. New contest on the 31st.

To enter, fill out the following code:
                    [size=11][quote="general dingus"][/quote]
                    [size=20][b][color=#D1949B]HELLO, DINGUS! I'M ENTERING THE "5 PRODUCT" CONTEST[i]!!![/i][/color][/b][/size][size=11][color=#332022]
                    [url=LINKTOYOURIMAGE]Here's my entry![/url]
                    here you can add any extra info. LIST THE FIVE PRODUCTS YOU USED. tools don't count, of course. each color in a palette counts as one item >:][/color][/size]

tab Devil Wears Tampax - LINK TO ENTRY
                    tab Cyriistar - LINK TO ENTRY
                    tab Affront - LINK TO ENTRY

PAST WINNERS
                    tab Affront - Her entry for the "Best Going Out Look" contest.

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Want to affiliate? No problem! Shoot me a PM or simply post here ( be sure to quote me! ).

LINKS IN
                    User Image
                    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/real-life-fashion-style/official-makeup-addicts-calendar-contests/t.89825097/][img]http://i.imgur.com/min1aOx.jpg[/img][/url]

LINKS OUT

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Reserved.

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Reserved.

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Reserved.

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    Reserved.

Ruthless Spirit

User Image
                    makeupmakeup
                    And the thread is open!

User Image

Ruthless Spirit

I hope this takes off otherwise I will just crumble up into a ball and die.

Ice-Cold Victory

Happy thread opening! heart

My skin has been acting up lately due to the cold weather, so I've been trying to use less makeup in my daily routine (I skip the bronzer, highlighter, and finishing powder). Of course, I've also been naughty and bought a few new products to try! This week, I got the Pixi Glow Tonic Beauty Elixir and two Maybelline products to play with: a new lipstick and the Dream Wonder powder. I'm slowly trying to ease my way back down to drugstore makeup, which is hard once you start buying the expensive stuff...

Anyways, I plan to be back with pictures after I shower and do makeup. Working later in the day means being a bum all morning lol

Ruthless Spirit

Cyriistar

YAY! someone who isn't me ; v ;

So has mine! Winter weather = cuddling up in bed = not wanting to get up = sleeping late = less makeup time.
My routine has become porefessional primer, the benefit lemonaid junk, foundation, SOMETIMES CONTOURING IF I CAN, eyeliner, mascara, and lips. Then UD's setting spray and i'm done with that.

I'm the same! I can't go somewhere without buying something. I go to Walmart and I'm like, "yeah I'll be in the makeup section if you need me." *buys lipstick i'll never use*

And I don't want to live in a world where I have to go back to drug store makeup completely!

Ice-Cold Victory

general dingus
Cyriistar

YAY! someone who isn't me ; v ;

So has mine! Winter weather = cuddling up in bed = not wanting to get up = sleeping late = less makeup time.
My routine has become porefessional primer, the benefit lemonaid junk, foundation, SOMETIMES CONTOURING IF I CAN, eyeliner, mascara, and lips. Then UD's setting spray and i'm done with that.

I'm the same! I can't go somewhere without buying something. I go to Walmart and I'm like, "yeah I'll be in the makeup section if you need me." *buys lipstick i'll never use*

And I don't want to live in a world where I have to go back to drug store makeup completely!

Oh man, never completely. I just figured that I couldn't be buying $30 foundation every few months (damn you, Bare Minerals), so I should try to find a good drugstore substitute :')

AND UGH I think I bought about 5 new lipsticks since December. I have used them but they're more for going out than every day!

My new daily routine is basically concealer, foundation, blush, mascara, and light eyeshadow/eyeliner if I have time. A quick dab of a natural lip color in the car if I need it. These days, I probably spend more time in the prep phase, what with the moisturizers and acne care and lip balms (don't get me started on how much lip balm I buy needlessly).

Ruthless Spirit

Cyriistar

I still only use drugstore foundation. I'm a very awkward person and wouldn't want to go in the store asking to have my shade matched ; n ;
Plus, my skin doesn't really call for foundation a lot of days. Just a bit of concealer MAYBE on the little red spots. and I lucked out on guessing my color for the laura mercier tinted moisturizer i have so that works a lot of times too.

UGH. I'm looking for ~the perfect neutral~ I think it might by Mac's Creme de something...

LIP BALM. I'm a sucker for lip balms and stuff. The sugar lip treatment junk. Loooooooooooove.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff