Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Abductee

So, my skin is too pale and pink for any foundations I can find at the store. Even the lightest cool tone shade of Loreal True Match is too dark and yellow. And I'm too poor for Mac, but I really need some foundation.

Any recommendations ?

( For comparison I am one of those white a** Irish gingers )
your best bet is saving up for a good foundation
at a store like sephora. i know kat von d has a
super light shade. just save up.

Shameless Loiterer

You might try seeing if Hot Topic still sells white foundation, I'm not sure if they do or not since I've not been in that store in ages. Otherwise you could check with Halloween/party stores to see if they have any. Lastly, online suppliers of stage makeup will likely have it, but depending on the brand it may be pricey. You can mix the white foundation with any other regular foundation to lighten it up.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like going through the trouble of mixing foundations and if you don't need too much lightening you can achieve a degree of lightening through using white powder (check the same places that I mentioned for the foundation) over whatever foundation you currently have. This is something i used to have to do before I started actually getting some sunlight.

If you go the powder route, make sure that the powder you're getting is actually white in color, not just in appearance. I mention this because a number of brands make 'mattifying' powders which often appear to be white in the package, but do not actually apply that way.
save up some $$ and go get pantone color iq matched at sephora

Mega Ladykiller

I use Lancome Teint Idole right now, but I feel its kind of heavy. So Im going to switch to NARS sheer glow when I finish my foundation.

You could look for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. I think foundation is something you should invest in. Although I heard Revlon makes good foundation.

Shameless Man-Lover

Try the Revlon Colorstay Liquid. It's more pink then yellow, and it's really pale.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Save up, and get colour matched at Sephora. I use both the Kat Von D lock-it liquid and compact foundation. I almost couldn't get the powder one, because I've got such fair/pale skin tone, I had to do to the very lightest because it oxidizes differently than the liquid does. I love both. But you're best bet is for sure to save up. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Try the liquid Revlon (I think it's "Colorstay," but I'm not sure) in Ivory. I'm very, very pale (Irish redhead, here xd ) and its been the best for me so far. It's not a perfect match, honestly, but it's the best I've found so far.

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

I'm a very, very pale redheaded irish girl as well. It's almost impossible to find a foundation that matches my skin tone. One that also doesn't cover up my freckles.

What I currently use is inexpensive. It's not the best, but I like it so far.

CoverGirl clean whipped creme foundation. It basically just blends and smooths the skin tone. [I mostly only use it under my eyes since I have dark circles] Over top of that, I use a CoverGirl trublend translucent powder. No one can tell I'm wearing anything since it doesn't look packed and caked on my skin like most products do.

The creme foundation I use is 305. The powder is translucent fair 1.

But keep in mind, what others suggest, including myself, may not work for you. The only way to really find out is by trying different products. If you can, try to buy sample packs first. MOST companies will offer sample packs at a very low price smile Good luck finding something that will work for you.

Party Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Personally i just ordered a new foundation for myself. I got this foundation after looking up a bunch of reviews. I have heard nothing but good about this foundation & hope it works for me, too!
(Also - tarte is a vegan & cruelty-free company if that influences your makeup decisions at all)
It comes in a lot of shades, the lightest being pretty light.

Tipsy Regular

it sucks, i know what you mean bc im pretty pale naturally do
before self tanning though i did find the lightest shade of revlon colorstay matched pretty well (it was a bit too pink for me though so i went a shade up)

also like someone said your BEST option is probably to save up and go to sephora. i was amazed at how light all their foundations can go

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff