Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fatcat

So my hair is pink.. and stained pretty badly.. Ive had it for almost 5 months now and I'm looking for a change.. I want silver hair. But the problem is I don't know if ill look good with silver hair and how do i get the pink out.. Ive tried bleaching it.. it did not turn out well.. Help?

my hair.

User Image

After the bleach. (bad picture) and I did put bleach on all of my hair, but it only took to my roots.

User Image

What I want to achieve.

User Image

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. there are a few fading methods you can try, but you need to be patient or you could destroy your hair in the process.

- wash with clarifying or dandruff shampoo mixed with crushed vitamin C tablets, scrub into damp hair and let sit under a plastic cap for an hour or so

- mix bleach powder with clarifying shampoo and olive oil (this method is my favorite and I have seen it remove atomic pink after several applications) and leave under a plastic cap for 5-20 minutes

- mix baking soda and shampoo, again sit under a plastic cap for an hour or so before rinsing it out

if your hair is stained, but you can get it to a pale baby pink you can tone it with green and then use silver. the OP in this thread went from atomic pink and virgin rose to silver: http://haircrazy.info/forum/products-and-techniques/11128/

Tipsy Fatcat

kage-ookami4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. there are a few fading methods you can try, but you need to be patient or you could destroy your hair in the process.

- wash with clarifying or dandruff shampoo mixed with crushed vitamin C tablets, scrub into damp hair and let sit under a plastic cap for an hour or so

- mix bleach powder with clarifying shampoo and olive oil (this method is my favorite and I have seen it remove atomic pink after several applications) and leave under a plastic cap for 5-20 minutes

- mix baking soda and shampoo, again sit under a plastic cap for an hour or so before rinsing it out

if your hair is stained, but you can get it to a pale baby pink you can tone it with green and then use silver. the OP in this thread went from atomic pink and virgin rose to silver: http://haircrazy.info/forum/products-and-techniques/11128/

Thank you very much for the tips! I will definitely try them out!

Shameless Man-Lover

Give it time. Wash your hair with dandruff shampoo and condition and deep condition very well. Your hair is going to dry out from removing the dye from your hair and the bleach, so give it some time and just try to wash out the pink for now. Then, in a few weeks, try other, harsh methods that kage gave you. But make sure you give your hair a little rest after you tried to bleach it. You don't want to have to cut it all off because it's all dead and gross.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Along with the clarifying shampoo method, I've found that Color Oops Extra Strength reaaally helps with getting color out. I went from 1 year of crimson hair to white hair in just a couple months with using it twice. s**t's magic.

Just be aware that is smells raaaancid. You will stink up your bathroom and nearby rooms for days.

And be sure that you deep condition it at least once a week (I use Neutrogena's Triple Moisture deep conditioner). Organix makes some lovely oil sprays that will help with hair health, as wel.

Liberal Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
On the plus side you achieved the Haley Williams look sweatdrop
You can get a wig to see how you would like the color. But avoid bleach it as much as you can. This wont be a thing you will do in a sitting, but take a while to strip the pink our as much as you can. So I would suggest trying to find a way to style your hair so the blonde isn too obviously as you slowly try these out.

I also find that silver hair doesnt last that long, a girl I know ended up doing a silver wash to get her silver hair, but that literally meant that she did that every time she washed her hair.
I'm jealous you managed to get it such a bright pink. When I had my underlayers bleached and died, it never ended up a "true pink" because I have black hair that's so resilient that bleaching 3 times did very little damage but also never got it past a bright copper ._.

Anyway, in my quest to find ways to get my hair light enough (I never did, didn't have the time to do it), I found out that there are actually colour strippers you can find in places like Sally Beauty Supply, in addition the the clarifying shampoos other have mentioned.

You'll want to tone your hair too to neutralize your natural bleached color (i.e. that bright yellow I saw in one of your pictures) or any of the pink that is left behind. This usually means using a shampoo with a particular tint to it (i.e. purple to neutralize the pink/red) or a dye (Manic Panic Virgin Snow, I think?). There might actually be specific toning products, too--best to ask a beautician or someone like that.

Mega Ladykiller

HOLY MOTHER OF. WHAT DYE DID YOU USE?

I dyed mine pink before and it just wouldnt stay in my hairrr. emotion_donotwant

Tipsy Fatcat

DivineHate
HOLY MOTHER OF. WHAT DYE DID YOU USE?

I dyed mine pink before and it just wouldnt stay in my hairrr. emotion_donotwant

Splat sweatdrop

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
If you've bleached your hair light enough to be that color, PLEAAASE for the love of god DO NOT bleach your hair again. To remove colors like that, just fade them.

Try to just fade the color as light as possible with the methods people listed here. It'll take a while but if you keep the bleaching up eventually your hair won't even hold color anymore.

Silver is also extremely hard to achieve without looking greenish. Just putting that out there.

Wolf

That color will look awesome!!

Questionable Prophet

I dyed my hair red a few months ago and then was going to go back to blonde. My roots turned that banana yellow I aim for, but it had also brought out the pink from the red that was there previously. Nothing could remove it, so I ended up just adding streaks where the strongest of the pink was.

Try Color Opps. Once I used Manic Panic's black in my hair and it turned mostly green. Then I tried to dye over it with brown and it was still very green and Color Opps was able to get most of the green tinge out.

It smells terrible.
And you'll be shampooing the heck out of your hair to get it out, but it does work.
It'll at least help the fading process.

Don't use the L'oreal one.That one is just bleach.
This is the one you should be looking for.
I was able to find it at Bartells, Walgreens.
You did that with splat and it staying!? I'm jealous. I did pink highlights and I can't even manage to keep them for a week. Did you do anything special to keep the color in so long?

Tipsy Fatcat

Indi-Lei
You did that with splat and it staying!? I'm jealous. I did pink highlights and I can't even manage to keep them for a week. Did you do anything special to keep the color in so long?
No Ma'am, just followed the directions..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff