Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't usually wear longs gowns because I'm only 5 feet tall. Anyway, I will be attending an event and the girls are required to wear long gowns. It's kinda like an awards night.

What kind of style should I get? My body shape is peach. I'm thinking of empire cut but I wanna hear your opinions.

And what color would look good on me? My skin tone is similar to my avatar's. I'm not really good with colors.

Shameless Man-Lover

Red would probably look lovely on you. But, remember that you will likely need to get it hemmed because you're short.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Those reds and oranges like on your avatar will look nice, anything tropical colored will go good with tan skin.

I'm barely 5' 3'' and petite, even the smallest sized dress is always too long for me. You'll have to just get it tailored. Unless you can find stores in your area that cater to shorter women.

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Having worked selling formalwear, yes, you're going to need to hem it. But most of those gowns are long on the tall girls too because you can always hem but you can't always lengthen. And a good tailor can usually do a nice hem within a day or two depending on the style of dress.

As for style, you're better off staying away from the really fruffy ones because you will end up being swallowed by too much materiel. Empire waists are usually nice and depending on the event, they can be really fancy or a little more casual.

I do agree with the above that the warmer and more tropical colours would look nice on your skin tone. I always recommend coral when I can't see though because almost anyone can get away with a nice bright coral.

Honestly though, your best bet is to go into a store and try some things on. Not only will there be a staff there that knows their stock and can get a look at you but an individual dress might surprise you. Some gowns that you think wouldn't work, will and vice versa. Even if you'd rather buy online, I definitely recommend trying some things on in person before you make your decision.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
I don't see how you couldn't get away with wearing a high-low type dress. They can still look very formal & classy.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
When I was smaller, I always shopped at Asian and French/Spanish shops. They usually carried shorter items than the northern European shops.
What would you like to emphasize of your body? I never heard of a ''peach'' body shape, but I did hear of an apple or pear shape. Empire dresses usually conceal bellies quite well, and therefore usually work for apple shaped ladies. I think with a skintone like your avatar you could pull off a lot of colours. Jewel colours would work nicely, but also pastels or bright colours like cyan or red.
Im 4' 11'' and have worn long gowns. What you need to think of length wise is where it cuts you. Generally speaking you will have to get it fitted to your body, but you want it to hit a good spot on your leg, usually you want the thinest part of your calf. Also think about how it will look with heels, you do need to have the shoes in mind when you get it tailor as they will want you to wear it. So because of that, dont get anything that has a lot of things on the bottom as it will be harder to adjust.

I cant find a peach bodyshape, so Im going to assume you really mean pear. You want to define your waist, and get things that balance you out by making your bust a big bigger. It doesnt mean you cant own your curves, but you do want to avoid anything that is a lot of poof since you already have them hips. V necklines are good, form fitting on top is good. A line or fitted bottom depending on how much you want to show of your butt.

Im personally am not a fan of empire waist, they make a lot of people look bigger than they are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff