Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, for those who actually know how to do this sort of thing, where do guys start?

For most of us it's been putting on the first thing we see in the closet every morning, but before I grab all of my female companions together to help me shop for a new wardrobe, I at least want to know SOMETHING of what I'm doing.

Any help would be hot.

3,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Your a metro sexual yes?
Serious question, queer men and metros have different shopping needs.
Rather metro, though without enough regularly available gay friends to give me consistent fashion advice wink

A few nice shirts wouldn't go a miss.
One nice pair of jeans.
One nice pair of dressy pants.
Some teeshirts.
A zip up hoodie
A trendy blazer.
Pair of casual shoes
Pair of formal shoes.

Don't spend too much on each item I guess, then you can mix and match because you can be casual and formal or CASUALFORMAL =D with all these items.
Can't go wrong with pinstripes, vests, or fedoras, either. :3
Evoluti

A few nice shirts wouldn't go a miss.
One nice pair of jeans.
One nice pair of dressy pants.
Some teeshirts.
A zip up hoodie
A trendy blazer.
Pair of casual shoes
Pair of formal shoes.

Don't spend too much on each item I guess, then you can mix and match because you can be casual and formal or CASUALFORMAL =D with all these items.
She pretty much pinned it down. Make sure the colors of the items you get accent your features.

Also...accessorize. Necklaces, rings, and bracelets are hot on a guy.
Scribblers Scabs
Can't go wrong with pinstripes, vests, or fedoras, either. :3

Totally =)
Coyote-Walker

Thank you all for your advice thus far.

Could you elaborate a bit on this part? I've never really done too much with accessories.
Aktankin
Coyote-Walker

Could you elaborate a bit on this part? I've never really done too much with accessories.

Dogtags, Rosary beads are really in atm.
Tribalesque jewelery looks good on guys, you know like woven bracelets and pendants on thick string.

Fashionable Gawker

5,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Evoluti
Aktankin
Coyote-Walker

Tribalesque jewelery looks good on guys, you know like woven bracelets and pendants on thick string.

I love the big leather cuffs on guys myself.
godess_suko
Evoluti
Aktankin
Coyote-Walker

I love the big leather cuffs on guys myself.

As much as I like leather I've always had trouble getting it to work well with any outfit I put together.
The message from popular culture and the fashion world is that guys don't matter and they should just stick to wearing burlap sacks. 3nodding
Nirguna the Heart
The message from popular culture and the fashion world is that guys don't matter and they should just stick to wearing burlap sacks. 3nodding

Hey, those sacks are pretty comphy thank you very much.

Mind-boggling Mage

(*)
Caine
User Image

I'd say find a colour, and make it your theme.

Not saying buy only items of that colour, but do find a main colour and buy things that go well with that colour.

As for some must have's...:

Jeans. Atleast two pairs. One rather mundane, baggy pair for every day wear, and some more flashy. If you got alot of cash to spend, Evisu might be something for you.

Make sure your jacket or coat is fairly neutral. If it's black, that's easiest. In autmn and spring, you'll want jackets that you can wear both openly and closed, and that always matches.

(*
(*
(*
(*)
Kleine

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items