Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
Hello!

I'm trying to find a full coverage foundation for acne prone skin! My absolute favorite foundation was the tarte amazonian clay foundation, but it makes me break out like crazy. I'm currently using the neutrogena healthy skin makeup and I like it because it doesn't cause break outs but it also doesn't cover up very well.. Any suggestions?

Aged Girl

I sampled one from Make Up Forever long ago, and never broke out at all. Maybe try that?

I'm pretty sure they test on animals though

Eloquent Vampire

I use DermaBlend, they're famous for the Rick Genest coverup video:

I don't have acne-prone skin, never had acne at all, but I use it to cover up stubborn freckles and really even out my skin tone.

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
okay, I'll test out those brands! Thanks!
makeup forever has never broke me out.
also bare minerals.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I love the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo foundation. I've never broke out using it.

7,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

I use the Smashbox photo finish primer all over my face, benefit porefessional primer for like certain spots where I have really large pores, then I use a mac pro long wear concealer in my acne spot areas and under my eyes, then I use estee lauder double wear foundation all over my face, then use mac fix + spray to keep it all nice and I don't use powder cause it get me looking all cakey and gets crusty around my acne ._. but yeah and none of these break me out. I think u can't just only have a foundation they all work together to make one nice thing :3

Lady Slayer

Kumori Kei

I use the Smashbox photo finish primer all over my face, benefit porefessional primer for like certain spots where I have really large pores, then I use a mac pro long wear concealer in my acne spot areas and under my eyes, then I use estee lauder double wear foundation all over my face, then use mac fix + spray to keep it all nice and I don't use powder cause it get me looking all cakey and gets crusty around my acne ._. but yeah and none of these break me out. I think u can't just only have a foundation they all work together to make one nice thing :3

That sounds like a lot of work. emo
The Estee Lauder double foundation doesn't make you look cakey at all? Even a bit?

7,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Ines Verdelet
Kumori Kei

That sounds like a lot of work. emo
The Estee Lauder double foundation doesn't make you look cakey at all? Even a bit?
No it doesn't I'm unsure if it's cause the other products or the brushes I use but I've never had that problem. surprised

Lady Slayer

Kumori Kei
No it doesn't I'm unsure if it's cause the other products or the brushes I use but I've never had that problem. surprised

I gotta try it then and those two primers. I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make me look like yellow cake. lol

7,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Ines Verdelet
Kumori Kei

I gotta try it then and those two primers. I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make me look like yellow cake. lol

I REALLY like the foundation.
They have like 30 different shades.
Accept returns.
Shades come in cool, neutral, warm for each shade type.
It's a good price.
Glass bottle kinda cool, except no pump so I dislike that.
Medium coverage but build able to full.
Doesn't give me acne.

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/22830/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup

Lady Slayer

Kumori Kei
Ines Verdelet
Kumori Kei

I REALLY like the foundation.
They have like 30 different shades.
Accept returns.
Shades come in cool, neutral, warm for each shade type.
It's a good price.
Glass bottle kinda cool, except no pump so I dislike that.
Medium coverage but build able to full.
Doesn't give me acne.

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/22830/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup

Thanks, gal. You're the best~

Sex Symbol

Estee Lauder Double Wear, RCMA Cream Foundation, and Illamasqua Rich Liquid (be careful of this! Blending and moisturizing is key) are what I use! I've also read reviews about Kryolan's Ultra Liquid Foundation and will be buying myself a bottle tomorrow seeing that everyone that had posted reviews about it have loved it very much. And I've heard that Vichy Dermablend is really good when it comes to covering acne too!

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
I stopped wearing foundation and no longer have acne issues, so meh
Nurse Kipsie
I sampled one from Make Up Forever long ago, and never broke out at all. Maybe try that?

I'm pretty sure they test on animals though

Nope, MUFE is cruelty free.
I used to work for Sephora, where MUFE is exclusively sold (other than actual MUFE stores), and we got tons of training on the brands.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff