Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Hi everyone. So I'm using a black eyeliner pen and on different days i've tried 3 different black mascaras- (waterproof and non waterproof ones) --- yet by the end of the day, or not even the end--just hours later i have grey smears under my eyes ---

I only apply the eye liner on the top lids, not the bottom-- I apply the mascara on both top and bottom.

I thought the problem was that i wasn't using waterproof mascara at first but now i've tried waterproof and I still have the same problem. Is it the eyeliner? Why is it all coming off and smearing under my eyes? I thought it could be from summer sweat but shouldn't the waterproof stuff be able to stand up to that? My eyes aren't watering and I'm not rubbing them. I've tried 3 different brands of mascara-- unless its the eyeliner?

update: i tried leaving out the mascara completely and using just eyeliner-- even sephora brand eyeliner--and it still gave me panda eyes by the end of the day x.x --even with primer

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Putting mascara on your bottom lashes can do that.

If you wanna find out, put on eyeliner without the mascara. Then put on mascara without the eyeliner. You should see which one it is after that cat_3nodding

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Whenever I put mascara on my bottom lashes, it happens.
You can also use primer for mascara and eyeliner to help hold it in place some.

Gracious Gekko

5,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
I don't wear much makeup, but I had the same problem for a while. My friend who wanted to get into cosmetics and styling told me it could just be my bodies natural oils making it run, or even summer heat making it runny and smear. Try washing your face with warm soapy water first, then apply your makeup. It might help 3nodding

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
You might need to use an eye shadow primer to hold everything in place

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
okay! thanks guys!--so most of you don't usually wear mascara on your bottom lashes?

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I SO VERY----- I
okay! thanks guys!--so most of you don't usually wear mascara on your bottom lashes?

Nope! emotion_yatta

Everytime I have, by the end of the day I would have panda eyes.

It makes my eyes look smaller, too. emotion_8c

Shameless Man-Lover

Make sure you use a powder on your face/eye area before using eyeliner and mascara to provide a matte surface and something to keep the natural eye/face oils out of your eye makeup. It could very well help, because I never have this problem, and I use mascara on my bottom lashes often. But I always powder my face when I use eye makeup.

Good luck~
Remove all oils from your eyelids and lashes before applying make-up, use an (eyeshadow) primer, and avoid mascara on your bottom lashes.
maybe some makeup setting spray might help??
or just dab some powder under your eyes after applying mascara

oppa luhan's Wife

Kawaii Shoujo

9,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
I SO VERY----- I
Applying mascara can make smudges. I'd just apply a little. Just apply waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Mascara can clump, and eyeliner smudges easily.

Floppy Fatcat

do your eyes get watery at all?
I use to get that all the time because mascara (most kinds) irritates my eyes, and they would get kinda watery (not even that much, like I wouldn't be crying or anything haha) and theeeeeen it would make everything else smear all over the place lol, like eyeliner and stuff

so I either have to wear waterproof everythiiiiing, or I actually found a kind that doesn't irritate/smears errthang but it's expensive emotion_8c

Chatty Smoker

I second the primer idea.

Now that you mention it, the same happens to me when I put mascara on the bottom lashes.

Fashionable Phantom

Hi!

When I apply mascara to my bottom lashes I always make sure to wipe excess off in the tube, like swirling the brush on the tube while pulling it out, and then apply lightly.

I use waterproof and never end up with raccoon eyes. And I'm in the pit of a lot of concerts.

Good luck!
I've never had any problem out of the numerous mascaras. I have had problems with liners, but that is due to the fact my skin gets very oily and makes everything smudge and smear.

Try wearing the liner without any mascara and see if it happens, then wear the mascara but no liner to determine which one it truly is. Also make sure to remove all of it, some residue could be smearing.

A lot of liner, I noticed, smears if placed below the lashes on the water line (especially the top). I would try a sort of primer beneath the liner, it's helped all of my eye make up tremendously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff