Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm in a huge dilemma right now.

I got extensions put in last summer, it looked amazing and I loved it. I've never felt more confident.
After 6 months with extensions (changed them after 3) my hair was damaged like ******** and practically dead when I took them out in november. Luckily I've managed to care it back to normal with moroccan oil every day.

But I've felt incredibly insecure about myself since then, I feel like a hobo no matter what I do with my hair. I'm swedish so I have the typical fine scandinavian hair that is somewhat hopeless to deal with. I really want to put in new extensions, but I don't know if that is a good idea.

My friend recommend me to wait at least until summer, but I don't know what to do... what do you guys say?

"You should have let your hair rest after the first 3 months"

I know, I got shitty impulse control at times

Timid Strawberry

I think whatever would make you feel best, honestly. If mucking up your hair after having extensions again is too scary, then don't do it. But if it makes you feel good and you like how it looks and restoring your hair wasn't too much of a personal hell, then I'd say why not. Hair is hair and it'll keep on growing, nothing is permanent. You could always look into different kinds of extensions, too (or, heck, even wigs). Even if there is stigma around some kinds, it's really up to what makes you feel good, imo. sorry if i wanst any help omg
gupey
I think whatever would make you feel best, honestly. If mucking up your hair after having extensions again is too scary, then don't do it. But if it makes you feel good and you like how it looks and restoring your hair wasn't too much of a personal hell, then I'd say why not. Hair is hair and it'll keep on growing, nothing is permanent. You could always look into different kinds of extensions, too (or, heck, even wigs). Even if there is stigma around some kinds, it's really up to what makes you feel good, imo. sorry if i wanst any help omg
It's not really a "do it cuz u want to" thing.

THe reason I'm not quite sure is the fact there is a risk that my hair might fall off. My hair is fairly strong, but not very thick so I don't how much weight it can handle, especially now when it still is damaged.

Timid Strawberry

Eddie the White Elephant
gupey
It's not really a "do it cuz u want to" thing.

THe reason I'm not quite sure is the fact there is a risk that my hair might fall off. My hair is fairly strong, but not very thick so I don't how much weight it can handle, especially now when it still is damaged.

well if you are having doubts like that then I would say not to do it

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
In my experience with extensions I liked them but I love wearing wigs way more because its so much easier to deal with and its way less stress on my hair. The best part is that wigs arent expensive and its really easy to make your own wigs too.
I think the wig advice posted above me is very solid. You can achieve the same confidence by not destroying your hair. If you got the extensions again, you'd likely really regret it later and have to spend the time recovering hating your hair, leading into a vicious cycle.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I never knew extensions could completely wreck your hair. It's something I've though about getting done since the constant bleach and dye process has shortened my hair a good four inches over the last two years. Which kind did you have in? There are a few I know about. The clip in ones, ones they weave into your hair, ones they glue in, and now ones you can get taped in.

Desirable Genius

I wear clip-in extensions (remy human hair) and they are great quality and mix with my hair very well. I have the thin blonde hair dilemma as well. You can also dye them to match your hair if you have a difficult to match natural color.

Honestly, I wear my extensions all the time and since they are clip-in, it's great because you can take them out at night and there is zero damage to your hair.
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
I never knew extensions could completely wreck your hair. It's something I've though about getting done since the constant bleach and dye process has shortened my hair a good four inches over the last two years. Which kind did you have in? There are a few I know about. The clip in ones, ones they weave into your hair, ones they glue in, and now ones you can get taped in.
The ones they sort of "glue in" with wax, they are quite heavy on your hair and taking them out is quite damaging. It also really depends on the quality and the hairdresser's experience with dealing with them.

Space Kiwi
I wear clip-in extensions (remy human hair) and they are great quality and mix with my hair very well. I have the thin blonde hair dilemma as well. You can also dye them to match your hair if you have a difficult to match natural color.

Honestly, I wear my extensions all the time and since they are clip-in, it's great because you can take them out at night and there is zero damage to your hair.
Oh, it's great to hear this from someone with the same kind of hair!

I've been considering clip-ins before, but aren't they kind of hard to put in so they're not visible?

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Eddie the White Elephant
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
The ones they sort of "glue in" with wax, they are quite heavy on your hair and taking them out is quite damaging. It also really depends on the quality and the hairdresser's experience with dealing with them.

Space Kiwi

Oh, it's great to hear this from someone with the same kind of hair!

I've been considering clip-ins before, but aren't they kind of hard to put in so they're not visible?

Ohhh okay, I can imagine how that can damage you're hair a lot then. I was looking at a brand called Pari New York, they're made with Brazilian remy, and they can custom make them, but they are pretty pricey for about 100 grams. But I'll probably ask my hair dresser when I go see him to prep my hair for pastels.

SpaceKiwi

Yess I have the same question! How do you place them so you can't see them?

Also, can you bleach and dye the human hair extensions if you changes colours every few months?
Love using extensions ! Absolutely do heart heart heart

It can wreck your hair and there are way to treat and control it, doing your own research will probably be one of the best things you can do for yourself regarding this.

Here's a video I found that might help! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces