Welcome to Gaia! ::

If it is a liquid foundation and the hands have been sanitized you can use that instead of a brush. One reason why using hands is a tad bit better than using brushes (Talking about liquid here) is because you are able to warm the foundation in your fingers and then apply it to your face.

As for powder don't attempt to use fingers because it will not give you a full finished face. A brush does the job of covering the face its a fluffy bottom. Hands can never do that.

Gracious Genius

12,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Fingers are perfectly fine as well since you can massage the product in really well
but if you decide to use brusher or beauty blenders make sure to clean them often for sanitary reasons
working filty brushes/beautyblenders can cause acne or skin irritation and it shortens your tools lifespan

Celebrating Reveler

I like using makeup sponges for foundation, but you can use clean fingers as well c:
The best thing about makeup sponges is that they're super cheap, but make applying really easy!
Seriously, I got a whole bag of them at the dollar store, and sometimes I can even reuse them.
Plus, they're good for touching up eyeliner and mascara too if there's any smudges or mistakes.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I use my fingers and it turns out fine. Just make sure your hands are clean and everything first.

(Honestly, though, it's because I'm too cheap to buy sponges xd )

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
It's really a preference thing. Hands are fine as long as they're clean. It's actually likely that your fingers with be cleaner than a brush, even if you're cleaning it often.

I also find that I change with different foundations. I have a foundation that's got quite a thick consistency, almost like a cream concealer. I find that a sponge helps me get a flawless finish. But with a thinner foundation, I like using my fingers better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff