Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've only ever seen these kinds of topics for girls, and I'm a guy so I can't really follow most of those tips. ^^;; I'm not exactly masculine anyway, and I'm not looking to go as extreme as androgynous or crossdressing, I just enjoy looking feminine and think it suits me well. I was wondering what kind of clothes or makeup I could wear to do this? I already wear foundation and eyeliner on my waterline, but past that any makeup that I would wear would have to be something that you wouldn't be able to tell immediately that was makeup. I don't really care, but my parents won't let me wear anything other than those two things to school -knowingly-. For clothes, really just whatever. Thanks in advance for any help! ^^
Grow your hair out longer, wear v-necks, tighter tops and well fitted jeans, man purses, somewhat feminine (yet still masculine) jewelry like maybe some necklaces, etc. Also, it doesn't hurt if you have a waifish figure, I find that generally guys that are skinnier have a "soft" or more "feminine" feel. It's just an option though, if you want to go all out.
As for makeup, I would not advocate using stark eyeliner. Make it subtle with natural colors like brown, avoiding black, like these boys. (Yes, guy to the far left is a boy. Lol, just before or if anyone asks.)
As for hair (and a whole feminine look in general), maybe try something like this.
I think Guess is a good brand for the look you are going for. Their clothing tends to fit closer to the body. You can go to Macy's and look at the Guess brand clothing they have there. If it's too much for your budget, you can always look around at other stores for similar items for a fraction of the price.
Mayve black skinny jeans and more neat clothing, like more expensive & metrosexual -looking clothes, such as tight button-up long-sleeve shirts (with a few buttons undone if you have a smooth chest), suede shoes and such.
Other than that, yeah I think the other people have pretty much said it - tighter clothes is the biggest thing. And maybe wear shades of pink, or wear random chains and such.
And ask your hairdresser for a girl's hairstyle, definately layers and a fringe, maybe a pixi or side fringe.
Keep up the eyeliner and try to keep a slim figure, and avoid getting tanned skin. Paler skin looks softer and more feminine.
x x
That's me, so I've already got pretty long hair. XD I don't know anywhere around here that sells a lot of v-necks or anything, but thanks, I'll check that out! Some of my friends suggested that too. I do need to get some skinnier pants and shirts though. The only problem I have with the jeans is that they're a bit uncomfortable. I've got oddly shaped legs, apparently. X_X I've actually got a 'man purse', though I usually clip it onto my belt loops. I'm already pretty skinny also, so I've got that going for me. I'll try the eyeshadow/eyeliner tip though. Never heard of Guess, but I'll keep my eye out for it. I'll check at Macy's next time I go to the mall, though. Our area is jam packed with gangsters and a lot of Mexican families, I live in Southern/Central California, so it's a lot of 'gangster' clothes, like baggy shirts, bit logos, ect. I've already got like, one or two button up shirts but I do need to get more. My choice of shoes are strictly creepers though. XD My mom's actually a hairdresser, so that's a good thing. I've got quite a bit of layering, but I'll check out the side fringe. Right now though, this is what I'm probably getting my hair cut like.
Ah, another jrock fan, I see.

With a Miyavi shirt, you b*****d.
xD

Anyway, first thing, if you don't already do it (I can't tell from the pictures), start plucking your eyebrows.

VESTS - not like sweater-vests, but regular vests are commonly used in women's style today, and in visual kei as well, so I think that would be a good choice for you. Modify it as you wish, I've got chains on mine.

Tighter fitting jeans are an obvious answer, also, there are a good number of womens' shoes and boots with a slight heel if you'd like that. They're not hard to walk in, but the problem is finding them in a big enough size. I have small feet, so it's not too hard for me.. I love creepers, but they don't always work, they're a bit chunky. I'm sure there's some way to make it work, though. ...Maybe some fitted (but not skinny) jeans would work?

Collared, fitted shirts are good - sophisticated, easily incorporated into visual fashion.

When shopping for regular shirts, fitted and patterned should work.

Also, jewlery is a must. Bracelets, necklaces, rings... I wouldn't get anything too flashy, silver should do fine, with a few decorative pendants and such.

And I like the cut you're planning on getting - I'd suggest having it dyed like that too, or if you still want some blonde, you can go for the Kanon look, like this.
As previously mentioned, v-necks will deff help.
Try browsing urbanoutfitters.com.

Go for a fitting, straight-leg [or boot cut] dark wash of denim.
Stay away from skinnies, please.
Especially if you're thin already, the whole stick-leg thing isn't attractive.

Sweaters, vests, jackets, are all good ideas.
[lots of layers = a more feminine look]

[=
[/b]
XD Got it at his concert. ;D Ugh, I'd need some pointers on plucking. I tried once and TOTALLY failed. Ok, I'll keep my eye out for some vests. And what's the difference between fitted and skinny jeans? I always thought they were the same thing.
Fitted is more like this. Usually doesn't have the creases all over it, but that's the first thing I found. Not as loose as normal men's jeans, but not so form fitting at the bottoms, so creepers won't look awkward with them.

Google - I know you can find some plucking guides somewhere. :3
If you're going for a trendy look, check out American Apparel. A lot of their stuff is unisex so it's slim fit and feminine. Also, Urban Outfitters and H&M would be good for that style. Diesel too, but that's kind of on the expensive side. If you're looking for a preppier look, try Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, and Club Monaco.
Fitted (or straight leg) jeans aren't as tight or close fitting to the body as skinny jeans. Think skinny jeans as like tights but in denim. Also, if you are going for skinny jeans, just either order a size bigger if you are afraid of them being too tight or what not or get a good pair of perfectly fitting skinny jeans. By "perfectly fitted" I mean tight in all the right places... I can't really explain it well and I don't mean "tight in all the right places" in a dirty way (... bahaha...), I've just seen a few guys before wearing skinny jeans, but they were like... just perfect. Not too tight, not too baggy. Not too tight around the butt, and a little more fitted around the ankle.
Also, you are amazingly feminine already... I am almost sort of curious or suspicious, but I've seen a many girly boys in my time so you're good. I know they exist. Haha. I like the haircut you are thinking about getting also, I might add.
For v-necks, a good place to look is American Apparel. I have a lot of v-necks from them and they are pretty good quality.
Ok, I'll look for some on Google then. Body hair currently is the only thing working against me. XD; I'll probably end up shaving my legs and possibly arms after I'm out of P.E. for good for the rest of high school next year. That's just something guy's don't do at my school. XP Again though, I'll check out Google for some plucking guides. I can't do too much though. My mom can't notice. She's fine with most of the stuff I do, but that's one thing she doesn't want me doing. And thank you for the tips about the jeans, I'll definitely keep those in mind!
Well, I just plucked a bit and I actually think I did it pretty well!
If you need any more help, just PM me, I've been doing this kind of "VK pretty boy" style for a couple years. xD

And being an artist, I like to help with appearance.
xG A Z E R O C K E R
x x
That's me, so I've already got pretty long hair. XD I don't know anywhere around here that sells a lot of v-necks or anything, but thanks, I'll check that out! Some of my friends suggested that too. I do need to get some skinnier pants and shirts though. The only problem I have with the jeans is that they're a bit uncomfortable. I've got oddly shaped legs, apparently. X_X I've actually got a 'man purse', though I usually clip it onto my belt loops. I'm already pretty skinny also, so I've got that going for me. I'll try the eyeshadow/eyeliner tip though. Never heard of Guess, but I'll keep my eye out for it. I'll check at Macy's next time I go to the mall, though. Our area is jam packed with gangsters and a lot of Mexican families, I live in Southern/Central California, so it's a lot of 'gangster' clothes, like baggy shirts, bit logos, ect. I've already got like, one or two button up shirts but I do need to get more. My choice of shoes are strictly creepers though. XD My mom's actually a hairdresser, so that's a good thing. I've got quite a bit of layering, but I'll check out the side fringe. Right now though, this is what I'm probably getting my hair cut like.

You can find vnecks anywhere .__. At Walmart, even.
I buy them in packs XD

I'm a bit of a crossdresser myself. I don't do it all the time, tho, because my friends poke fun at me & all....

I don't know how far you're willing to take all this XD But I do know that skinny jeans plus high heels = long, feminine legs. Assuming that you don't have enormously thick knees or anything like that. sweatdrop And they're great for making your booty look bubbly and such n__n
Even boot-cut jeans that are close fitting are good. Sometimes skinny jeans give you stick-legs, or outline the manly features sweatdrop So they're kind of a differs-from-person-to-person thing.
And close-fitting jeans can be matched with any kind of shoes, unless they're baggy at the bottom. Then, I wouldn't try them with slip-ons. Too many guys do that.

Try to avoid girl's t-shirts, because the sleeves tend to be more high cut, and if you have hairy arms or defined biceps [or you don't shave the pitz] then it just draws attention to it.

Billowy tops are always good. Also make sure that the tops you get aren't cut & styled for boobs. sweatdrop That won't look too good.
And like I said - idk how far you're willing to go - but straight dresses and high heels really work. I wear that most of the time. Sort of like sundresses.

Pastels are good.......easy to match eyeshadow & tinted lip gloss with....and as far as a haircut, yours looks good for the style you're wanting 3nodding An angled cut around your jaw would look cute, too.
The hairstyle you want is cute, but it's....a bit masculine. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces