Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know all that mainstream s**t....but what does aesop rock, for example, rap about? I am ignorant to his work so I need a basic idea as to his lyrics.....thanks in advance.
Sunshine Zr0
I know all that mainstream s**t....but what does aesop rock, for example, rap about? I am ignorant to his work so I need a basic idea as to his lyrics.....thanks in advance.

Well Aesop rock raps about all kinds of s**t, he raps about the good qualitys of life, and the bad s**t, he raps about himself and his life, and and all kinds of stuff, his lyrics are deep and moral, and he has a very large vocabulary.

not to much gangsta stuff though.
The definition of an underground song,
is where the artist/producer/mc doesnt give a ********
if its considered underground, cause really, he doesnt give a ********
if anyone else listens to it anyway, because he makes it for himself.
Anyway, underground artist are considered underground becuase they are not signed to large labels like def jam or rockafella, they are signed to smaller lables that many cats have never heard of like def jux.

Underground artist are often neglected because their style dosent always apeal the the mainstream audience, face it, all people want to see nowadays is lil jon, and usher, and all that nonsence.
but underground artist ussally have more complex lyrics, and dont have "crunked out" beats, and they dont get enough airplay, so they are not as populare as the hip pop stars you see on mtv and Bet.
they aren;t so much neglected...its just that its only the hip hop head that like em. Either if nobody knows them because they arent exposed (underground) or they haven't been accepted by the public, because they're real. And the music goes roughly along the rules of what paeridox in my oppinion, but you got mainstream artists that do what they do and nothin else...like Dre, OutKast......R.Kelly. But they aint underground. I think the basis of it is just exposure. Talib isn't underground any more but many still consider him an underground artist.
SepticPleb
they aren;t so much neglected...its just that its only the hip hop head that like em. Either if nobody knows them because they arent exposed (underground) or they haven't been accepted by the public, because they're real. And the music goes roughly along the rules of what paeridox in my oppinion, but you got mainstream artists that do what they do and nothin else...like Dre, OutKast......R.Kelly. But they aint underground. I think the basis of it is just exposure. Talib isn't underground any more but many still consider him an underground artist.

Nas is very popular, but he is still considered an underground artist, and so are the beastie boys.

Shadowy Gaian

But everyone who's worth talking to knows who the Beastie Boys are.... xp

My definition of underground is anything that's deep, powerful, and not marketed towards the masses. Maybe a tad controversial. Doesn't have to be unpopular, some artists like Kweli and Mos as well as Aesop Rock keep it real(for the most part..) although being somewhat known + having some press time. 3nodding
triforceseeker89
SepticPleb

Nas is very popular, but he is still considered an underground artist, and so are the beastie boys.

I disagree. Nas is far from underground... he is talked about on MTV quite a bit and he gets a fair amount of radio play. Same with Beastie Boys.

Both they both rock 3nodding

Shadowy Gaian

Dj Hamster
triforceseeker89
SepticPleb

I disagree. Nas is far from underground... he is talked about on MTV quite a bit and he gets a fair amount of radio play. Same with Beastie Boys.

I'd say most mainstream rap is just about girls and cars and bling and OH MY GOD I AM SO HOT GIRLS DROP AND KISS THE GROUND I WALK ON AS WELL AS MY LARGE OVERPOWERING GENITALS. gonk

so in my opinion Nas is not in that category, as well as the Beastie Boys. 3nodding
They are mainstream... as in the are streamed on the main question LMAO yea.

But, the bad mainstram can be classified as "Club banger msuic" or something like that.
Kimberly Daniels
Dj Hamster
triforceseeker89
SepticPleb

I'd say most mainstream rap is just about girls and cars and bling and OH MY GOD I AM SO HOT GIRLS DROP AND KISS THE GROUND I WALK ON AS WELL AS MY LARGE OVERPOWERING GENITALS. gonk

so in my opinion Nas is not in that category, as well as the Beastie Boys. 3nodding
3nodding

Shadowy Gaian

Well then, we can classify them as middleground. 3nodding
Kimberly Daniels

Nas and Beatie Boys = Hip Hobbits?

Shadowy Gaian

Dj Hamster
Kimberly Daniels

surprised That's catchy-er than middleground.
Kimberly Daniels
Dj Hamster
Kimberly Daniels

surprised That's catchy-er than middleground.

I'm not sure but I do believe the correct term is Over Ground.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff