Welcome to Gaia! ::

my thoughts are that black people do a disjustice to the plight of race-related social issues when they overuse the race card. but in that video, the guy didn't bring race into it too much, imo. he was talking about stereotypes in general. obviously, this is a social issue, and as such, each part of her being a homeless black woman are all part of her social status and thus all factors. true, the same exact thing may have happened no matter what race she was, but i think if she was a white male we may have never heard about it at all.

because for black people, because we are a minority, we perceive race as being a bigger part of our identities. so to see a poor black woman suffer like that, we are affected because we see that woman as being one of us and so blacks across all different walks of life may call for awareness of it. because white is the majority, it is taken for granted and viewed as normative amongst whites and so it's more of a class thing with them. an upper-class white person looks at a white hobo and firstly considers them a hobo.. so the only ones who might care are other hobos.

it just appears to me that white people seem to be more preoccupied with class moreso than race. i don't think there is anything wrong with black love of their race. God said go forth and multiply and let there be many peoples of many lands and when they all gathered in babylon speaking the same language to achieve remarkable feats, God made them disperse once again to furnish the world with variety. the love of money, on the other hand, is the root of many evils.

Dapper Dabbler

Reading through, I feel as if much of that has been said. But it could be that matter of the first sentence of your second paragraph, which I agree and mostly ascribe to. Yet I must ask, seeing as there is so much said about what happens between groups, has it been taken into account of what happens within each group to only yield this result that gains ground on so much publicity?

On another note, what came before money and what does money grant? I would almost say that the answer should be the same.
2TPO
Reading through, I feel as if much of that has been said. But it could be that matter of the first sentence of your second paragraph, which I agree and mostly ascribe to. Yet I must ask, seeing as there is so much said about what happens between groups, has it been taken into account of what happens within each group to only yield this result that gains ground on so much publicity?

question needs clarification.

2TPO

On another note, what came before money and what does money grant? I would almost say that the answer should be the same.

a lot of things came before money. let me inside your brain jazz! pretend i am a different person from you. assume i have no idea what you're talking about unless you contextualize.

unless you're speaking abstractly, in which case i would say the answer is suffering.

Dapper Dabbler

SidittyKitty
2TPO

question needs clarification.
My apologies on the lack of clarity there. I will blame it on lack of sleep that I am due. But what I was trying to draw to, which is something a course last semester hinted at, was that with so many cases of domestic violence, more of it happens within individual ethnic groups (e.g. black on black or white on white). And I was trying to ask was if something could be done about the issues between groups, would it not be better to resolve the factors within the individual groups that give rise to the resulting conflicts?

For example, with two people who cannot resolve issues with themselves to the point where it generates negativity, the two combined will undoubtedly create a scene of hostility where either party may be less familiar with the circumstances of the conflict than whatever internal struggles they may deal with on the daily basis. Saying that neither has their personal issues resolved, this unfamiliar (for the sake of this scenario) territory may create some kind of shock, yielding some cause for alarm. As I could drag that scenario out, just saying that the two parties need to work something out with themselves before they can come to accept the conditions of the other.

The news may report such cases as the woman dying in police custody (status') and a white man shooting a black boy (race) to who it supposes an uproar may source from but 1) those who may exist in some form or fashion between both parties may be so well aware of the indifference to the point of at least wanting to rectify the matter, therefore not labeling it as such a surprise and 2) while there may be hostilities between parties, races, classes, etc, something needs to be done within the individual groups to allow some level of understanding (that may need to be rephrased).

SidittyKitty
2TPO

a lot of things came before money. let me inside your brain jazz! pretend i am a different person from you. assume i have no idea what you're talking about unless you contextualize.

unless you're speaking abstractly, in which case i would say the answer is suffering.

I suppose I was speaking abstractly, but I was regarding the need for possession or privileges. I see money as an item of no real value but just a means to measure the value of other possessions and privileges. Otherwise, prior to its installment among a once divided population of people, along side the suffering, I believe ownership most likely came through a form of conflict that left longer lasting wounds on those affected.

I believe that was where I was getting at.
so basically, there is the individual and his self-interaction, the group and interaction between individuals, and society and group interaction. what you're talking about is a cross-over between psychology and macrosociology. i mean, that could work, but very few people can be yashua or buddah or ghandi.

but that's why i am an ethical egoist. you can't change the world. you can only change yourself. if people focused more on what makes them sentient creatures and worked to improve themselves, well there would be no conflict.. but the world is not full of bodhisattvas. and honestly, the ease with which people refer to this place as "civilized" is quite frightening.
Wait.. no.. i change my money answer to greed. yes.. greed created the need for money and it is all it perpetuates.
SidittyKitty
my thoughts are that black people do a disjustice to the plight of race-related social issues when they overuse the race card. but in that video, the guy didn't bring race into it too much, imo. he was talking about stereotypes in general. obviously, this is a social issue, and as such, each part of her being a homeless black woman are all part of her social status and thus all factors. true, the same exact thing may have happened no matter what race she was, but i think if she was a white male we may have never heard about it at all.

because for black people, because we are a minority, we perceive race as being a bigger part of our identities. so to see a poor black woman suffer like that, we are affected because we see that woman as being one of us and so blacks across all different walks of life may call for awareness of it. because white is the majority, it is taken for granted and viewed as normative amongst whites and so it's more of a class thing with them. an upper-class white person looks at a white hobo and firstly considers them a hobo.. so the only ones who might care are other hobos.

it just appears to me that white people seem to be more preoccupied with class moreso than race. i don't think there is anything wrong with black love of their race. God said go forth and multiply and let there be many peoples of many lands and when they all gathered in babylon speaking the same language to achieve remarkable feats, God made them disperse once again to furnish the world with variety. the love of money, on the other hand, is the root of many evils.

We would hear of this kind of case regardless, I would think. Police injustice is really becoming a popular topic (especially due to Trayvon) so yeah. Any homeless person basically has their rights removed, that's just how it is in our modernized countries. ******** up. I was just observing how the black male kept bringing black into it while the others weren't doing so, it's not even ABOUT being black, so why even bother bringing it up? This is the denial of essential human rights, really. In addition to that, a shitty healthcare system and corrupt police. This applies whether you're black, white, brown, etc.. yeah?
i kinda felt like the other two weren't really getting a chance to talk in general, and maybe the black guy was kinda livid about the whole tayvon martin thing. regardless, i really didn't hear him lingering on the topic at all, so i don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning race if he personally sees it as relevant.

but i think the dcf situation was just as ******** up and deserves just as much attention. more.
not to be flippant about the serious nature of the current conversation but

Classic.
lol wtf a cat though?
Mastero El
not to be flippant about the serious nature of the current conversation but

Classic.

xd xd xd xd Thank you for this Mastero, this is dope as ********. Continue to post dope vids plz exclaim exclaim
SidittyKitty
i kinda felt like the other two weren't really getting a chance to talk in general, and maybe the black guy was kinda livid about the whole tayvon martin thing. regardless, i really didn't hear him lingering on the topic at all, so i don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning race if he personally sees it as relevant.

but i think the dcf situation was just as ******** up and deserves just as much attention. more.

Meh, maybe it was just me. Seemed like he was bringing it up too often.

what's dcf btw
department of children and families or it may be called dyfc or go by other names in different states. it's social services. they took her kids away cause she was broke. what kind of s**t is that? they used to have an emphasis on keeping the family unit together, but now they just take kids away from their parents. instead of trying to help her get on her feet or telling her that something needed to be done about the living situation and allowing her mother to take them all in, they trumped it up to child neglect and left her out cold. if social services did their duty to society, or if the government dedicated more money to them as opposed to some of the dumb s**t they spend money on year after year, tragedies like this could be avoided. there are so many kids in foster care who are abused, molested, neglected, and killed by their foster parents because social services is a failure.
Creepy movie trailers ftw!
tingtong155
Creepy movie trailers ftw!
this looks like it has the tasteless creepiness of splice...

whuddup chingchong?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces