Welcome to Gaia! ::

When you all actually start writing your lyrics, what kind of "zone" do you go into? I've tried writing some lyrics of my own now, but I can't even make up my mind as to how to start puttin the pen to paper, so to speak. Do you like music playing in the background? Are you just chillin out writing s**t during TV commercials? What is your environment usually like when you're writing?

(PS. All of my lines will probably be donkey sex related material)

Liberal Smoker

i try to force it by just putting a beat on and sitting there. but my best s**t really just comes to me when im with my friends chilling, or just getting high, or after sex haha. those are where my best openers come from. then i can brew some tea and sit with a beat. my most powerful writing usually comes from anger though. idk ive heard of some crazy techniques. Immortal Technique starves himself, i have a friend who writes in the bath tub. we all have our rituals.

Devoted Genius

9,125 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Ninovelli
i try to force it by just putting a beat on and sitting there. but my best s**t really just comes to me when im with my friends chilling, or just getting high, or after sex haha.

Yeah bro we all have our "zones" where we write our best.
The best work comes to you randomly/spontaneously.
You're just sitting there and BAM. You got a good a** idea.
I lose a lot of my grand ideas while in the shower, no where near my laptop.

Advice:

Listening to instrumentals.

Don't listen to your favorite artist for inspiration, you'll end up copping their style.
Trust me...You'll do it without warning or consciousness.

Relax. Marijuana helps some with that. Or a bath.

Don't listen to your favorite artist for inspiration, READ their lyrics and use them as a stepping stone for structure. And use your OWN delivery and style to project the lyrics YOU made.

kbye talk2hand

Invisible Humorist

i just bump to instrumentals

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Ninovelli
i try to force it
That's when the worst stuff comes out.

Usually I'll catch a bit of inspiration and run with it as far as I can, but once I start running out of steam I set it aside for a while, and then the next day I end up finishing the verse and writing at least half of the next. Sometimes there's a beat, sometimes there's not.

Liberal Smoker

Doc Dee
Ninovelli
i try to force it

Usually I'll catch a bit of inspiration and run with it as far as I can, but once I start running out of steam I set it aside for a while, and then the next day I end up finishing the verse and writing at least half of the next. Sometimes there's a beat, sometimes there's not.

well yeah i was using that as more of a comparative statement

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
i try to force it

Of course, I'm just saying it's so easy to try to force it but I find when I try to do that I just end up with a blank page, or maybe two or three bars, and a beat that's been on repeat for three hours.

He needs it to just come naturally.

Liberal Smoker

Doc Dee
Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
i try to force it

Of course, I'm just saying it's so easy to try to force it but I find when I try to do that I just end up with a blank page, or maybe two or three bars, and a beat that's been on repeat for three hours.

i always get so jealous when i see people just confidently write a verse in 10 minutes. most of the time it's complete bullshit, but sometimes putting an entire week or month into a single verse can try your patience. but in the end it's definitely worth it

Friendly Phantom

The spark of an idea (it's often just one line or a concept for a song) usually happens when I'm in motion. Either driving around listening to instrumentals, walking listening to beats on my phone or pacing back and forth in my house with the beat blasting in my speakers.

After I get the spark, I usually sit down and work with it to see if its good enough to continue writing or if its just a dud of an idea.

Friendly Phantom

Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
i try to force it

i always get so jealous when i see people just confidently write a verse in 10 minutes. most of the time it's complete bullshit, but sometimes putting an entire week or month into a single verse can try your patience. but in the end it's definitely worth it

neutral odd, you're usually on here bragging about finishing a song 'over the weekend' or a 'couple of hours'...

Liberal Smoker

Ty S Eliot
Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
Doc Dee
Ninovelli
i try to force it

neutral odd, you're usually on here bragging about finishing a song 'over the weekend' or a 'couple of hours'...

yeah a lot of the songs on my soundcloud are quick finishes, but most of the songs that i consider my best took variable amounts of time. Like the song i just posted Angels & Demons, that first verse took me the whole summer to finally finish and the rest of the song took me one night. or theres a song like Lost that took me half a year before i was happy with all of the words. and i wouldn't call it bragging lol

Friendly Phantom

Ninovelli
yeah a lot of the songs on my soundcloud are quick finishes, but most of the songs that i consider my best took variable amounts of time. Like the song i just posted Angels & Demons, that first verse took me the whole summer to finally finish and the rest of the song took me one night. or theres a song like Lost that took me half a year before i was happy with all of the words. and i wouldn't call it bragging lol

iight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces