Welcome to Gaia! ::

The hood is dieing. We all know it, if you true, inside. I've grown sick of this crap. And it feels bad. I feel like I have a family member with cancer. It is fairly obvious to people with a brain that then generation of people who are 'real' are dieing off fast. I'm not sure how it happened, i guess its just s**t over time.

The hood really is going though. It's a good thing i guess, but it feels bad to me. This s**t has been itchin at me for awhile. Not too many really slang anymore, they do, but not half as bad as it use to be. Not too many *****'s is gettin shot anymore, cuz nowadays you can't getaway with killin anyone.

I think by the time i'm an old man, 100% of the rappers that are here (if any still exist, will be fake). I don't know why exactly, but something bothers me about people rapping about what they have heard rather then what they have known and seen. There will never again be anything like Dre's the Chronic, it just can't happen. All s**t moves on, i guess i gotta get use to it. The hood can't entirely be gone until i die but, sometimes i look at the industry today, and the s**t just pisses me off.

I know there are some people here who knows what 'real' is. And we're going to be the last generation that knows it, the few in that generation. You especially know what im talking about if you had seen the s**t. We pretty much gotta carry the s**t we know with us, cuz its the end of days for the hood.

Anyone agree with me? or am I crazy?
As I said, I dont like gangsta rap, so I wouldent really care if the hood dies, and I am not a big fan of slang.
so sorry dude.
Its true. No more killing would be a good thing, in my opinion, but I see what you're saying. The newer generation will think that rap is all about G-unit and Murder INC, money, bitches, hoes, 'bling bling'.. That kind of s**t. But it's not! Most of the rappers these days have nothing else to rap about except how rich they're going to be after they take off and then how rich they are once their single blows up. Its sad...
triforceseeker89
As I said, I dont like gangsta rap, so I wouldent really care if the hood dies, and I am not a big fan of slang.
so sorry dude.

no biggy, i guess i just feel for that s**t growin up with it.

And i'm not a fan of the slang either, but, depends where you come from.
I feel your pain...but theres some yooung bucks coming up who are hungry and eventually they will be fake too. I mean money changes not just a personas lifestyles...but who they were before(not always but most of the time). I mean if I was a rapper, hell yeah, I'll leave the hood...but I'll come back to help it though...look at Team ROC, Fo Sho 4 KIds, and several other hip hop foundations that help in the cummunities...Only thing I can say is were is the west coast hip hop artists? They arent i the hood helping. If you live out here in Cali(So Cali) you'll see not alot of celeberties trying to do alot...its usually local stars like Steve Harvey doing something for the kids and other rappers for the East Coast doing thier thing. I think that if alot of these rappers do something for the people, are where they came from, alot kids whouldnt see being a so so rapper a good way to make money. More inner city kids(blk,wht,brwn, it doesnt matter) whould live better lives. 3nodding
Junior~Mints
I feel your pain...but theres some yooung bucks coming up who are hungry and eventually they will be fake too. I mean money changes not just a personas lifestyles...but who they were before(not always but most of the time). I mean if I was a rapper, hell yeah, I'll leave the hood...but I'll come back to help it though...look at Team ROC, Fo Sho 4 KIds, and several other hip hop foundations that help in the cummunities...Only thing I can say is were is the west coast hip hop artists? They arent i the hood helping. If you live out here in Cali(So Cali) you'll see not alot of celeberties trying to do alot...its usually local stars like Steve Harvey doing something for the kids and other rappers for the East Coast doing thier thing. I think that if alot of these rappers do something for the people, are where they came from, alot kids whouldnt see being a so so rapper a good way to make money. More inner city kids(blk,wht,brwn, it doesnt matter) whould live better lives. 3nodding

Ahh but ya see man that's what it is. Let me explain that. Cali niggas got that straight... thug mentality. We had this kinda code, we look out for #1 always. Most rappers do help out their family and friends but. Think about you winning the lotto? All those people who ask you for this and that. Alot of rappers actually do donate to charites and the like, or make special appearances that go to chairties. But you don't hear about that, becuase the news doesn't mention it. They just mention gang shootings and blame it on all of us.

And Honestly man, not many people like giving up money period. You earn it, you keep it. Even if the way they earned it is s**t.
StylesP
triforceseeker89
so sorry dude.

Dude I live in the streets up until a year ago, but I never liked gangsta rap. now I still visit the hood, but my freinds arent gangsta or anything, most of them are b-boys.
triforceseeker89
StylesP
triforceseeker89
so sorry dude.

Dude I live in the streets up until a year ago, but I never liked gangsta rap. now I still visit the hood, but my freinds arent gangsta or anything, most of them are b-boys.

Yea thats cool. But my main point wasn't just that the hood is dieing. Its all these people who are going to keep existing not even knowing what it wa, and making money off of all these people for it. Everything smells like s**t gonk
StylesP
triforceseeker89
StylesP
triforceseeker89
so sorry dude.

Yea thats cool. But my main point wasn't just that the hood is dieing. Its all these people who are going to keep existing not even knowing what it wa, and making money off of all these people for it. Everything smells like s**t gonk

I feel you. It makes me cry at night thinking about it crying
StylesP
Junior~Mints

Ahh but ya see man that's what it is. Let me explain that. Cali niggas got that straight... thug mentality. We had this kinda code, we look out for #1 always. Most rappers do help out their family and friends but. Think about you winning the lotto? All those people who ask you for this and that. Alot of rappers actually do donate to charites and the like, or make special appearances that go to chairties. But you don't hear about that, becuase the news doesn't mention it. They just mention gang shootings and blame it on all of us.

And Honestly man, not many people like giving up money period. You earn it, you keep it. Even if the way they earned it is s**t.

I was from Southside Thug Family Crips 136th& Lemoli( it really doesnt mean anything to me anymore), but everything we did was like a family even though it was illegal. We looked out for each other, but to be real. Whenever something like someone got arrested no one was really there to help, or when someone came big on money no one shared...shhit...I was like that myself...but I realized that people in this world or day in agae, wont amke it to live to see 50 or even 40 if we dont help one another....the political system is against us...and everybody from the Inner City Projects(or just in the inner city) are stereotype "lost"...as if whenever you see a black man(best example) on the street walking, he must be up to no good. Now thats pretty ******** up, that s**t happend to me too many times....the lines will always be there(rich and poor) but at least make it 45/55...the world doesnt have to be even but damn near close.
Junior~Mints
StylesP
Junior~Mints

I was from Southside Thug Family Crips 136th& Lemoli( it really doesnt mean anything to me anymore), but everything we did was like a family even though it was illegal. We looked out for each other, but to be real. Whenever something like someone got arrested no one was really there to help, or when someone came big on money no one shared...shhit...I was like that myself...but I realized that people in this world or day in agae, wont amke it to live to see 50 or even 40 if we dont help one another....the political system is against us...and everybody from the Inner City Projects(or just in the inner city) are stereotype "lost"...as if whenever you see a black man(best example) on the street walking, he must be up to no good. Now thats pretty ******** up, that s**t happend to me too many times....the lines will always be there(rich and poor) but at least make it 45/55...the world doesnt have to be even but damn near close.

Yea your right. I use to be a crip, but i stopped doin a bunch of s**t when my pops went to jail. I rep it, but that's as far as I go. When i look around and see all this s**t that disgust me in the world, I just say ******** it, and wait until I die. That's when i can stop caring.
StylesP
Junior~Mints
StylesP
Junior~Mints

Yea your right. I use to be a crip, but i stopped doin a bunch of s**t when my pops went to jail. I rep it, but that's as far as I go. When i look around and see all this s**t that disgust me in the world, I just say ******** it, and wait until I die. That's when i can stop caring.

Dont worry about it...things will look bright sooner then you think...not when you die....
I hope your right man
I would like to use the following song as proof of why Gangsta style is dying:

Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
A real gangsta-a** ***** plays his cards right
A real gangsta-a** ***** never runs his ******** mouth
Cuz real gangsta-a** niggas don't start fights
And niggas always gotta high cap
Showin' all his boys how he shot em
But real gangsta-a** niggas don't flex nuts
Cuz real gangsta-a** niggas know they got em
And everythings cool in the mind of a gangsta
Cuz gangsta-a** niggas think deep
Up three-sixty-five a year 24/7
Cuz real gangsta a** niggas don't sleep

And all I gotta say to you
Wannabe, gonnabe, cocksuckin', p***y-eatin' prankstas
Cuz when the fry dies down what the ******** you gonna do

-

Feedin' the poor and hepin out wit they bills
Although I was born in Jamaica
Now I'm in the US makin' deals
I mean one that you don't really know
Ridin' around town in a drop-top Benz
Hittin' switches in my black six-fo'
Now gangsta-a** niggas come in all shapes and colors
Some got killed in the past
But this gangtsa here is a smart one
Started living for the lord and I'll last

Now all I gotta say to you
Wannabe, gonnabe, p***y-eatin' cocksuckin' prankstas
When the s**t jumps off what the ******** you gonna do

-

A real gangta-a** ***** knows the play
Real gangsta-a** niggas get the flyest of the bitches
Ask that gangsta-a** ***** Little Jake
Now bitches look at gangsta-a** niggas like a stop sign
And play the role of Little Miss Sweet
But catch the b***h all alone get the digit take her out
and then dump-hittin' the a** with the meat
Cuz gangsta-a** niggas be the gang playas
And everythings quiet in the clique
A gangsta-a** ***** pulls the trigger
And his partners in the posse ain't tellin' off s**t
Real gangsta-a** niggas don't talk much
All ya hear is the black from the gun blast
And real gangsta-a** niggas don't run for s**t
Cuz real gangsta-a** niggas can't run fast ( xd )
Now when you in the free world talkin' s**t do the s**t
Hit the pen and let the ******** shank ya
But niggas like myself kick back and peep game
Cuz damn it feels good to be a gangsta

-

(And now, a word from the President!)
Gettin voted into the White House
Everything lookin good to the people of the world
But the Mafia family is my boss
So every now and then I owe a favor gettin' down
like lettin' a big drug shipment through
And send 'em to the poor community
So we can bust you know who
So voters of the world keep supportin' me
And I promise to take you very far
Other leaders better not upset me
Or I'll send a million troops to die at war
To all you Republicans, that helped me win
I sincerely like to thank you
Cuz now I got the world swingin' from my nuts
And damn it feels good to be a gangsta

In short, to keep it real, the hood has to dissapper in these days and ages. The pety battles of turf and respect are nothing to comparison to the alternative battle for the mind and soul that most of the deeper styles are working for.
Yea it has too. But why does it have to go this way...
Your not curing the pain gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces