Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Best Dip Set Member

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on November 19, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

Quote:
Barely a year after the release of their gold debut, The Diplomats have returned with a buffed up roster and a new LP. In this exclusive SOHH.com interview, the crew speaks on Roc-A-Fella Records' lack of respect and fake female emcees.

After releasing Jim Jones' debut this past August, Diplomat Records is wasting no time unleashing their group follow-up, Diplomatic Immunity 2 and Cam'Ron's 4th solo album in the next two months.

How long we was gon wait? Now our roster is even bigger. You just don't got Jimmy [Jones], Cam' [Ron] and Juelz [Santana]," Juelz told SOHH.com. "It's 12 months in a year right. What is there like... 7 of us. Cam won't get to put out another album until maybe two years. We feel like we all hot that's what people want from us, constant music."

Despite reaching gold with their Roc-A-Fella Records debut, Dip Set feels the label didn't understand their movement -- prompting the team to depart to Koch Records for their sophomore release.

"They don't respect us over there. They don't respect our movement. That's how I look at it. We're successful over there so they should have made us have to stay there," Juelz explained. "We might as well go to an indie label and do the same thing we gon do on Def Jam and get more money. That's the bottom line."

With their latest offering, Dip Set has included more contributions from longtime affiliates, JR Writer, 40 Cal, Hell Rell and the crew's first lady, Ja Ja. While Ja Ja is anxious to make her mark, she's even more eager to provide women with a realistic representation.

"To be honest with you, I ain't taking no females serious right now. I think that all of them are bunch of jokes. You can't be 130 or 135 pounds and be putting ni99as in a trunk. That's bull. I'm not reading into it and the fans are obviously not reading into it," Ja Ja shared. "That's why they're not selling. I represent the women struggle. The female game needs somebody that's for them, not just rapping about shooting and killing. Be serious."

The Diplomats' Diplomatic Immunity 2 hits stores November 23rd on Koch Records.
HussainFatal
Quote:
Barely a year after the release of their gold debut, The Diplomats have returned with a buffed up roster and a new LP. In this exclusive SOHH.com interview, the crew speaks on Roc-A-Fella Records' lack of respect and fake female emcees.

After releasing Jim Jones' debut this past August, Diplomat Records is wasting no time unleashing their group follow-up, Diplomatic Immunity 2 and Cam'Ron's 4th solo album in the next two months.

How long we was gon wait? Now our roster is even bigger. You just don't got Jimmy [Jones], Cam' [Ron] and Juelz [Santana]," Juelz told SOHH.com. "It's 12 months in a year right. What is there like... 7 of us. Cam won't get to put out another album until maybe two years. We feel like we all hot that's what people want from us, constant music."

Despite reaching gold with their Roc-A-Fella Records debut, Dip Set feels the label didn't understand their movement -- prompting the team to depart to Koch Records for their sophomore release.

"They don't respect us over there. They don't respect our movement. That's how I look at it. We're successful over there so they should have made us have to stay there," Juelz explained. "We might as well go to an indie label and do the same thing we gon do on Def Jam and get more money. That's the bottom line."

With their latest offering, Dip Set has included more contributions from longtime affiliates, JR Writer, 40 Cal, Hell Rell and the crew's first lady, Ja Ja. While Ja Ja is anxious to make her mark, she's even more eager to provide women with a realistic representation.

"To be honest with you, I ain't taking no females serious right now. I think that all of them are bunch of jokes. You can't be 130 or 135 pounds and be putting ni99as in a trunk. That's bull. I'm not reading into it and the fans are obviously not reading into it," Ja Ja shared. "That's why they're not selling. I represent the women struggle. The female game needs somebody that's for them, not just rapping about shooting and killing. Be serious."

The Diplomats' Diplomatic Immunity 2 hits stores November 23rd on Koch Records.

Whoa...okay, that's major news. Shouts out, Hussein, becuase I wouldn't have seen this coming.....major, major loss on the part of Dash, and I have to wonder who dropped the ball on this one?The way I see it, Dame was trying to pick up every hot artist, but they didn't take care of the ones they had, and I can only hope that the people signed are treated right. Dip Set proved their worth....I wonder why they didn't already get their label a while ago?
thanks dude. and you definitely right about that. they all want the hot artists and never pay attention to what they have.
Possiblely Cam'ron as a solo artist still on the label because he was the one bringing money to the label.
shameful. one of the seven deadly sins. GREED.
Dip Set should role solo. I think they could make it big, if they play their cards right.
StylesXP
Dip Set should role solo. I think they could make it big, if they play their cards right.

Yeah, who needs Roc-A-Fella?

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
that is true that's why i really don't like ROC-A-Fella any more cuz the sign a bunch of artist there's so many of them that don't even have a debut album yet O and sparks i heard about these niggas like 3 years ago and to this day haven't heard s**t from them.

yo i hope this wait s**t don't happen to Joe Budden cuz i'd like to see a new album from him soon.
HOnestly I think the s**t make no sense...Roc should treat all thier stars as starters and dont put them as bench warmers. Cam is doing it big, Juelz is my favortie out of the Dip set, Rell in jail but is still hot, JIm is so so, JR is like Cam Jr. All Stars!!!! Dash whould be a fool to let them go...look at Bleek....hes aight my other fav on the Roc but on his last CD i only liked 3 songs...too sad...No Jay Z so who will bring in the bacon...Rocawear?! Rocafell is like the Lakers now...a fallen dynasty sweatdrop
Memphis Bleek is my favorite of the R.O.C. now
...is it a really a shame for Dame? because he has his millions...
Dame is really lettin things slip man...he did nothin with ODB while he was still alive, Memphis and Kanye are still on roc but are doin they own get low and really good music labels. Jays and Bean's gone. Oshino and Sparks and MOP never came. Peedi Cracks got skills but is stuck on Rocafella. Def Jam got sold to Universal for $100 mill, so Rocafella have no control over their company, and cant keep hold of all of their good peoples. Dame cant even get $20 mill for Rocafella...what kinda s**t is that.

But Cam and Juelz are still solo artists on Rocafella. But ******** Juelz only got 1 video for his from me to you album. Its just the rest of the Diplomats are on Diplomat Man/Koch joint venture.

The video for SANTANA is kinda tight though, the songs growin on me.
Jay never wanted Dip set to be singned to the ROC. Dash went and singed them without his consent and Jay was mad at that.
Apocalyptist
Jay never wanted Dip set to be singned to the ROC. Dash went and singed them without his consent and Jay was mad at that.
word

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces