Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not straight edge. I'm not. I smoke like a chimney and I like beer and it's not a matter of I CAN'T quit it's that I don't want to.

There are tons of really killer straightedge bands out there and I dig their music and on some levels I also agree with their messages at times. I just found this canadian ska-crust band called LEPER, and in one of their songs "Sedition not Sedation" they speak out very adamantly against drinking, drugs and smoking. I mean very adamantly, they claim booze and junk as being a method of government control. Although I don't entirely agree with that, at least as far as beer is concerned, I still love them for being really passionate high-energy music with very tight messages.

Sure, at times I'm like, "SHOULD I be listening to this, man? I mean, I don't agree."

But I think that's thebeauty of the scene, man, that we can have opposing views but still call each other brothers.

What do you think? How do you feel about listening to straight-edge music when you're not straight-edge?

Perfect Prophet

Listen to music if it appeals to you, not if you fit into the demographic.
Pedro Haley

Wait. I just thought of this. What about white-power bands? Would that be the same idea? I mean, I ******** hate' nazi skins but the blue-eyed devil turns out some hard music.

Perfect Prophet

Sebastian Noir II
Pedro Haley

Wait. I just thought of this. What about white-power bands? Would that be the same idea? I mean, I ******** hate' nazi skins but the blue-eyed devil turns out some hard music.

If you dig it, then listen to it
Pedro Haley
Sebastian Noir II
Pedro Haley

If you dig it, then listen to it

Haha. Good outlook.
I love listening to straight edge hardcore and s**t, there's some damn good s**t; just cause I'm not edge doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.
Who the hell cares?
the Repos aren't straight edge (that I know of) and they covered and entire Youth Of Today album and it rules ok bye
this whole thread is funny.
if anyone gives you s**t for not being edge and liking edge bands blow smoke in their face
burzum is kind of a nazi and i still listen

most edge music is super cheesy tho
kearni filth
burzum is kind of a nazi and i still listen

most edge music is super cheesy tho

I was referring to straight-up nazi skin bands when I made that comment, and I was joking anyway. XD
But on THAT note, I agree with you about Burzum.
You can't blame them TOO much. I mean, they're Norwegian. I don't condone racism, but imagine a country of nothing but white people huddled in cold, dark forests. I'd slowly go insane, too.
Sebastian Noir II
I'm not straight edge. I'm not. I smoke like a chimney and I like beer and it's not a matter of I CAN'T quit it's that I don't want to.

There are tons of really killer straightedge bands out there and I dig their music and on some levels I also agree with their messages at times. I just found this canadian ska-crust band called LEPER, and in one of their songs "Sedition not Sedation" they speak out very adamantly against drinking, drugs and smoking. I mean very adamantly, they claim booze and junk as being a method of government control. Although I don't entirely agree with that, at least as far as beer is concerned, I still love them for being really passionate high-energy music with very tight messages.

Sure, at times I'm like, "SHOULD I be listening to this, man? I mean, I don't agree."

But I think that's thebeauty of the scene, man, that we can have opposing views but still call each other brothers.

What do you think? How do you feel about listening to straight-edge music when you're not straight-edge?
im straightedge...

Kawaii Fatcat

11,275 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Skrewdriver are sick but I'm not a nazi, listen to whatever the hell you want to....

Except Justin Bieber thats not okay. scream scream
Sebastian Noir II

enjoying an artist's output has never been equivalent to an endorsement of whatever ideals they might have

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff