got any recommendations for me?
stuff that sounds like the trashwomen, surf curse, fidlar, ty segall, etc
gaia_kittenstar

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The only surf punk i am really familiar with is Agent Orange.

As far as garage punk.... I am not one hundred present sure what that is since it almost seems redundant but I am assuming it's punk reminiscent of the good ol days of garage rock. I know the cramps and billy childish sort of fit that bill. The gun club maybe?
Lamps, The Kills, Demon's Claws, Thee Oh Sees, Screaming Females, The Dirtbombs, and Mikal Cronin are a few good bands that come to mind for me.
Doghouse Reilly
Lamps, The Kills, Demon's Claws, Thee Oh Sees, Screaming Females, The Dirtbombs, and Mikal Cronin are a few good bands that come to mind for me.

I love thee oh sees. 4laugh

interwar's Husband

Familiar Survivor

10,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I would probably listen to a lot more if I knew more surf punk bands besides Agent Orange. I think the cramps Might fall into the category of garage punk.
Valtiel the Watcher
I would probably listen to a lot more if I knew more surf punk bands besides Agent Orange. I think the cramps Might fall into the category of garage punk.

Me too. That's why I've been searching for them.
Oh I love the cramps.
Dead Moon, Neon Piss, Murder City Devils, and The UV Race, i guess.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Dapper Explorer

wavves, hot snakes

Heart Tamer

ba dum tis

It's difficult to find many punk bands with surf elements in their music. Agent Orange is the most obvious example, and the Dead Kennedys had some surf guitar going for them on some tracks. Man or Astro-Man? is another example. I think Night Birds infuses some surf in their music quite well.

Track 8 is a great example.

If you don't mind straight up surf rock, The Bambi Molesters are pretty damn good.

Off the top of my head: The Drags, Rip Offs, Dwarves, Dirty Fences, and the Spits

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff