Is madoka or sailor moon better?

Sailor Moon [+] Madoka 1 100.0% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Questionable Borg

I like Sailor Moon better.

Lunatic

I absolutely adore both series.
They are both emotional and deep, yet fun.
Like many people have said: Watch Madoka first because it's shorter, then watch Sailor Moon.

Friendly Businesswoman

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Sailor Moon, all the way. PMMM just has too many bad morals in it for me. It was nice and depressing, just how I like my anime, buuttt when Madoka was talking to her mom about drinking with her when she gets older I just lost it. Kind of a WTF moment. Couldn't take the rest of the show seriously. There were a couple other instances as well. Sailor Moon on the other hand, I only have good memories of. heart Used to watch it every day before school when I was younger. I am excited for the new version to come out. I'm hoping they don't change things too drastically.
I'd like Sailor Moon better if I knew they all had the same fate as puella magi. Like, alot better.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

I loved Sailor Moon when I was younger, so it'll always have a special place in my heart... specifically in the "this was so much better when I was a little girl" section.

After giving the series another watch recently, I was like "This is actually kinda dumb." I still love it, but it's so cheesy and predictable. It doesn't really make you think (at least for me), but it's stil fun to watch and has lots of great, memorable episodes. Plus a lot of the characters aren't bland and are pretty damn interesting at times.

Madoka Magica, on the other hand? It's amazing and you really can't even compare it to Sailor Moon. They are most definitely two different types of magical girl anime, but I think Madoka is better overall. Of course, Madoka bought out more feelings for me and I even cried a few times, something I don't recall doing while watching the SM series. That's not to say that they aren't both emotional, it's just that one did a better job at tugging my heart strings than the other.

I'd say watch PMMM first, then watch Sailor Moon.

User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas