Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Kitten

10,850 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Pikameru

1. about me scroll
#id_about{overflow: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; height: ##px;}

Here you must replace the "#" with the desired height of the panel

2. panels, with opacity and floating added
For the whole panel:
.panel{opacity:(enter value between .1 and1.0 here)}

For just the backgound:
.panel{background: rgba(#, #, #,(enter value between .1 and1.0 here) )}
The 3 "#" are for your color code. You can convert any hex code to rgb. Here is a link.

3. The media code for videos
Not sure what you mean here. You can convert any youtube link to work in gaia here.

4. Wish list bubbles
For all the time:
#id_wishlist img{background:(hex code number here)} #id_wishlist img.premium_sparkle{background:none;}

For when it is hovered over:
#id_wishlist img:hover {background:(hex code number here)} #id_wishlist img.premium_sparkle:hover{background:none;}

5. Deleting panel backgrounds
.panel{background: transparent;}

6. Deleting headers in panels
.panel h2{display:none;}

7. Changing the colors in the gaian top header
#gaia_header {background:(hex code number here)}
#gaia_header #header_left{background:(hex code number here)}
#gaia_header #header_right{background:(hex code number here)}

8. The code for backgrounds from urls.
(selector){background: url(imageurlhere)}

9. Codes for media size
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height: ##px; width: ##px;}

Here you must replace the "#" with the desired height of the panel

10. panel color changing
.panel{background:(hex code number here)}

11. fading text in panels
What do you mean here?

Her you go. I hope these help and if you have any further questions feel free to ask away.
spazlee
Thank you so much!! c:
spazlee

Now the media size won't work with me. :c
spazlee
Also, the scroll won't work. x:

Fashionable Fatcat

spazlee
Pikameru
There's a lot wrong there that I'm here to fix. Some of the codes are pretty much fine with just minor errors that don't make a huge difference most of the time, but they may occasionally cause problems and either way would be good to clarify (such as on numbers 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10) so I will give input on those as well, if needed.

For starters though, Pikameru, note that all of these codes (both by me and by Spazlee) are by default for V2 profiles. If you use V1, they won't work, and that could have been the problem with the scrollbar and media. I'll give the V1 equivalents for the selectors, but you'll have to substitute them in yourself if you need them since it'd be a bit pointless to restate every single bit of code with the V1 selectors as well.

——————————— 1 ———————————

Spazlee, the code you got is from the guide, I'm guessing, but that guide is nonsense and Kayley apparently has no idea what she's talking about when it comes to scrollbars, so it's not entirely surprising that it didn't work. Code that will actually work:
#id_about{
height:300px;
overflow-y:auto;
}
For this code, you can change the size of the panel by changing 300px to another value.

For V1 profiles, switch #id_about to just #about

——————————— 2 ———————————

What I understood from the question is that you probably wanted it to get opaque when you hovered over it ("floating" )?
.panel{
filter:alpha(opacity=50) ;
opacity:0.50
}
.panel:hover{
filter:alpha(opacity=100) ;
opacity:1.00
}
The biggest problem with your code, Spazlee, is that the opacity property is not standard yet, so most versions of Internet Explorer still use filter:alpha instead, so you should include both or else IE users won't see the effect. Pikameru, you can change how transparent it starts or ends at by changing 50/0.50 and 100/1.00 to another value, keeping them the same between the properties while using them like percents (so 100/1.00 is fully opaque, 1/0.01 is so transparent it's almost invisible, and so on).

For V1 profiles, change .panel to .section

——————————— 3 ———————————

That Tektek link is actually basically useless and obsolete nowadays since it doesn't fix the problem that now tends to occur. I'm guessing you mean:

Take the original YouTube URL that looks something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEO_ID
for example:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XpNvLWimo

And change it to look like this (the red is the part that you change):
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/VIDEO_ID&version=2
for example:
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/g0XpNvLWimo&version=2

You can also make it autoplay by adding &autoplay=1 to the end of the whole thing
for example:
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/g0XpNvLWimo&version=2&autoplay=1

——————————— 4 ———————————

Spazlee, that's not really actually achieving a bubble effect. What you said is correct on its own, but I don't know if that's what she's asking... If you (Pikameru) actually want it to look like rounded bubbles, this would be the code:
#id_wishlist .item{
border-radius:20px;
border:2px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.7) ;
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.3) ;

#id_wishlist .premium_sparkle{
display:none;
}

For V1 profiles, change #id_wishlist .item to #wishlist img

——————————— 5 ———————————

That's fine. You may also use none instead of transparent if you like, but transparent works perfectly fine also.

——————————— 6 ———————————

Also fine.
For V1 profiles, change .panel h2 to .section h2

——————————— 7 ———————————

If you give backgrounds to the right and left sections of the header, things start looking weird because they don't extend all the way to the edges of the screen like the main header does. It's usually a better idea to do background:none for the right and left sections and use the main header div for the background:
#gaia_header{
background: background color value OR url('background image url') ;
}
#gaia_header #header_left, #gaia_header #header_right{
background:none;
}

If you want to change the link colors as well:
#gaia_header a{
color: text color value !important;
}
Substitute in your color for "text color value", but keep !important there or it won't work.

——————————— 8 ———————————

All I'd suggest is putting the URL in single quotes ( ' ' ) since if the URL has a space in it and it's not in quotes, it will kill the background.
selector{
background: ur('your image URL') ;
}
You will have to replace selector with the selector of your choice, or else it won't work.

——————————— 9 ———————————

That's fine. Pikameru, make sure you have substituted in values for the width and height (and have kept the px there too)! Just having "##px" there won't work at all, and neither will a plain number with no units. It has to look like 20px or 400px and so on.

If you want it to be like a button:
.media_panel object, .media_panel embed{
width:30px;
height:25px;
}

For V1 profiles, change .media_panel object, .media_panel embed to #multimedia object, #multimedia embed

——————————— 10 ———————————

That's correct, though for one it doesn't have to be a hex code (actually none of these so far, where you've specified hex code, have had to be in hex), and also, if you want to change the color of the text instead:
.panel{
color: text color value;
}

——————————— 11 ———————————

I don't know what you mean by fading text in panels either... Making it transparent or change color when you hover? Being in rainbow colors (like can be generated here)? Please elaborate and we'll be better able to help you.
kittymmeow

Sadly, you should look at my profile, as it won't fix itself when I imputed your codes.
EDIT: I just need the scroll, and that's it.

spazlee

Thank you for your help!

Skilled Genius

kittymmeow
The biggest problem with your code, Spazlee, is that the opacity property is not standard yet, so most versions of Internet Explorer still use filter:alpha instead

Wrong. Opacity is standard and has been for a couple of years. In IE 4 - 8 the standard is not supported, but that's IE's fault and will never be fixed for those browsers. IE9 does support the standard though, no point in supporting IE8, it's quickly dying.

Skilled Genius

Pikameru
kittymmeow

Sadly, you should look at my profile, as it won't fix itself when I imputed your codes.
EDIT: I just need the scroll, and that's it.

spazlee

Thank you for your help!
What she gave you is working just fine. It only scrolls if the content is exceeding the height, which in this case it is not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff