Yes. :< 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
No. :> 0.4 40.0% [ 4 ]
Apology for relocating not accepted. D: 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
This poll closed on December 18, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31 32 > >>

Wealthy Millionaire

How do I change the font style for the header in my boxes.. I read your guide in the font section but I don't get how to change just the title font, not the whole thing..

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shawnessy
How do I change the font style for the header in my boxes.. I read your guide in the font section but I don't get how to change just the title font, not the whole thing..

You need the associated selector, in this case "h2" is for headers.

Wealthy Millionaire

Knight Yoshi
Shawnessy

You need the associated selector, in this case "h2" is for headers.

I got it thanks.. smile

Overpowered Noob

Hello, I have problem with my "animated" avatar position

#profile .avatar {background: transparent url() border:none; position:absolute; left:290px; top:-80px; filter:none;}

the code works well for normal avatar, but when i use animated item the avatar's position changes, any help?

Dapper Phantom

I KitTteH I

#profile .avatar {background: transparent url() border:none; position:absolute; left:290px; top:-80px; filter:none;}

the code works well for normal avatar, but when i use animated item the avatar's position changes, any help?

You need to include the #animated_item selector.
#profile .avatar, #animated_item {background: transparent url() border:none; position:absolute; left:290px; top:-80px; filter:none;}

@Knight Yoshi:
Idk if you know about this property but it isn't on your page and I just stumbled into it so I thought I'd post.
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_box-sizing.asp
It's a method for determining how padding/borders adds/doesn't add to the width of a section.
Possibly handy if you're trying to get bordered sections to have %-based or dynamic widths??
*is probably making a bigger deal out of this than needs to be made but really wished this existed during an old project*

Overpowered Noob

Horntastic
I KitTteH I

#profile .avatar, #animated_item {background: transparent url() border:none; position:absolute; left:290px; top:-80px; filter:none;}

thank you lady very much ^^
it worked <3

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Horntastic
I KitTteH I

@Knight Yoshi:
Idk if you know about this property but it isn't on your page and I just stumbled into it so I thought I'd post.
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_box-sizing.asp
It's a method for determining how padding/borders adds/doesn't add to the width of a section.
Possibly handy if you're trying to get bordered sections to have %-based or dynamic widths??
*is probably making a bigger deal out of this than needs to be made but really wished this existed during an old project*

I'm well aware of the box-sizing property. I've been meaning to add it, just keep forgetting. What the box-sizing property does is ignore paddings and borders based on the value you use to get exact elemtent dimensions. But the box sizing doesn't wrap around margins. This is good for using padding to move content in an element while maintaining the same dimensions set.

Mega Noob

Aw, you don't have anything on the matrix property. Were you planning on adding that at all? I've never been able to understand it very well.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recite
Aw, you don't have anything on the matrix property. Were you planning on adding that at all? I've never been able to understand it very well.

As in the transform matrix?

Mega Noob

Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

A while back when I first started messing with CCS3 properties, among Rotate, Skew, and other things I noticed Matrix combines multiple properties into a single one, which I thought would be pretty useful. I just never was able to understand it very well.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

A while back when I first started messing with CCS3 properties, among Rotate, Skew, and other things I noticed Matrix combines multiple properties into a single one, which I thought would be pretty useful. I just never was able to understand it very well.

Wow, now I remember why I never added it. It is too complex for people.
I just did a lot of digging into that property. Unless you're good at math I'd advise not doing it.
http://www.useragentman.com/blog/2011/01/07/css3-matrix-transform-for-the-mathematically-challenged/ <-- math.
Stick with the three separate properties for manipulating it. xd

Mega Noob

Knight Yoshi
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

I just did a lot of digging into that property. Unless you're good at math I'd advise not doing it.
http://www.useragentman.com/blog/2011/01/07/css3-matrix-transform-for-the-mathematically-challenged/ <-- math.

BUT I STRIVE FOR PROFESSIONALISM.

Lolol. I almost had it down actually. All I really remember is the numbers that go in the parenthesis of the property are for a certain action, but I couldn't get it down. I managed to work it into making a panel do a spin, but that was it. rofl

I'll just stick with those three then.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

Lolol. I almost had it down actually. All I really remember is the numbers that go in the parenthesis of the property are for a certain action, but I couldn't get it down. I managed to work it into making a panel do a spin, but that was it. rofl

Haha, professionalism has nothing to do with it. You can be professional without using a single property for it.
I don't know anybody that actually uses the matrices. Remember this, why put yourself through more effort to achieve the same task when you can accomplish the same thing with something more comfortable to use.
smile

Mega Noob

Knight Yoshi
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

Haha, professionalism has nothing to do with it. You can be professional without using a single property for it.
I don't know anybody that actually uses the matrices. Remember this, why put yourself through more effort to achieve the same task when you can accomplish the same thing with something more comfortable to use.
smile

Exactly.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite
Knight Yoshi
Recite

Yes.

smile

Exactly.

Haha, wish that could be said for re-organizing this thread... xd
Go check out the backgrounds post, I updated that one according to the W3C format and how it has it defined. biggrin
Only took me about 30-45mins to do. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces