• Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
kittymmeow
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee
Twisted Time Lord
spazlee

one last trick, try this:
#columns {background:url(*insert url!*) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }

I'm not sure why but my profile seems to be split into 2 seperate sections, the top and the bottom and different images. confused Am I putting the code in the wrong place, it's the theme override section right?

Try this exact code:
body{background: #000 url(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/rikku18_2007/steampunk-girls-taringa-935684.jpg) no-repeat top left;background-size:100%;color: #ffffff; }
#columns{top: 0px;position: absolute;}

it seems to have raised some of my boxes up higher on my profile so you can't see them but I'm still getting 2 different backgrounds.

Okay, there's quite a bit wrong there... Try deleting that code and put this instead (and yes, the theme override section is right):
html,body{
background: url('your image url') no-repeat fixed top left;
background-size:cover;
}

it's working, thanks so much! heart

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
my profile background broke and now it's stuck on some stupid gaia background instead of my clockwork one. crying

Fashionable Fatcat

Twisted Time Lord
my profile background broke and now it's stuck on some stupid gaia background instead of my clockwork one. crying

The URL has spaces in it, which breaks the CSS. You have to put your URL inside single quotes ( ' ' ) to prevent this, and you probably should always put URLs in your CSS quotes for the sake of validity.
html,body{
background: url('your url') ;
}

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
kittymmeow
Twisted Time Lord

The URL has spaces in it, which breaks the CSS. You have to put your URL inside single quotes ( ' ' ) to prevent this, and you probably should always put URLs in your CSS quotes for the sake of validity.
html,body{
}

This is actually kinda starting to make sense, where did you get all this profile info anyway, you make it sound so easy. emotion_facepalm

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
okay maybe it's not starting to make sense. cry I am on the verge of giving up, I'm to computer stupid for this stuff.

Fashionable Fatcat

Twisted Time Lord
kittymmeow
Twisted Time Lord

html,body{
}

This is actually kinda starting to make sense, where did you get all this profile info anyway, you make it sound so easy. emotion_facepalm

I know a fair amount about CSS, which I then apply to profiles. I learned CSS primarily from W3Schools (which isn't the best reference, especially for more advanced and strict CSS, but I didn't know that when I learned most of my CSS knowledge) and from experimenting with already-made code both on Tumblr with blog themes and here on Gaia with profiles. I also spend a lot of time here in the Profile Discussion helping people solve their profile problems, so I get used to dealing with profile-specific problems. Basically, because of practice, I've pretty much memorized most of my CSS and profile-specific knowledge, so, where did I get all this profile info? My memory sweatdrop

But actually, once you learn it and get used to it, it can be pretty easy. It's like learning a foreign language, except fortunately there aren't really that many grammar rules. It's just vocabulary and usage.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
kittymmeow
Twisted Time Lord
kittymmeow
Twisted Time Lord

html,body{
}

I know a fair amount about CSS, which I then apply to profiles. I learned CSS primarily from W3Schools (which isn't the best reference, especially for more advanced and strict CSS, but I didn't know that when I learned most of my CSS knowledge) and from experimenting with already-made code both on Tumblr with blog themes and here on Gaia with profiles. I also spend a lot of time here in the Profile Discussion helping people solve their profile problems, so I get used to dealing with profile-specific problems. Basically, because of practice, I've pretty much memorized most of my CSS and profile-specific knowledge, so, where did I get all this profile info? My memory sweatdrop

But actually, once you learn it and get used to it, it can be pretty easy. It's like learning a foreign language, except fortunately there aren't really that many grammar rules. It's just vocabulary and usage.

I will keep trying to get it to work then and experiment till I get it to work. I am unfortunately hardly ever on these days cause of work so this might take awhile, but thanks again for the help.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I feel like a dummy for not getting what I was doing wrong earlier when you explained lol. It's working again now. emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff