Welcome to Gaia! ::

I made my profile last night even though I have no knowledge of CSS until then. @.@ Those CSS Guide Threads are amazing...

My only problem right now is that I have no color coordination, and I can't think of any color schemes that would look nice with my headers. :/ Colors have never been my strong point.

It would be extremely helpful if someone could offer some good ideas for colors to use for my backrounds (Both in the content, and in the back of the page), borders, and whatnot. Something that would look appealing and match the headers. Please supply the HEX code as well, because if I only get the suggestion "Light blue" I'll still end up making it look horrible. T.T

Thank you so much to anyone who is generous enough to help me! ^^
What I usually like to do when I'm trying to design something is make the header first (or whatever is going to be the main focus), then take colors directly from that and go with those. Do you have photoshop? If you use the eyedropper tool on a color in that, you can see what the hex code is for it.

Anywho, I'm gonna see if I can find some nice codes. I like playing with color anyways.

3,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
I don't have time to peek at your profile, but I do have a couple of color tools you might like to check out:

Colours on the Web

This has a tool that will pick three colors for you and talks about color theory. It's one of my favorite color sites.

Colour Contrast Analyser

This one you put in two colors and it will show you what they look like. It's a nifty little thing, but I haven't played with it much.

I hope these help.
I played around for a minute in photoshop with the colors in your header as a guide, and I came up with this:

font- #8484E8 (periwinklish)
content- #5E35A2 (bluey purple)
bg- #1A195B (dark blue)
border- #0B0CB6 (somewhat standard blue)

I dunno how these'll actually look, but if you wanna give them a shot then have fun. XD
MazokuPS
What I usually like to do when I'm trying to design something is make the header first (or whatever is going to be the main focus), then take colors directly from that and go with those. Do you have photoshop? If you use the eyedropper tool on a color in that, you can see what the hex code is for it.

Anywho, I'm gonna see if I can find some nice codes. I like playing with color anyways.

Thank you! ^^

I considered using the colors from the header, but I still wasn't sure which colors to use where. >.< And I just got Photoshop yesterday, but I didn't know it listed the hex codes for each color. ^^ That's useful.
Ava R.
I don't have time to peek at your profile, but I do have a couple of color tools you might like to check out:

Colours on the Web

This has a tool that will pick three colors for you and talks about color theory. It's one of my favorite color sites.

Colour Contrast Analyser

This one you put in two colors and it will show you what they look like. It's a nifty little thing, but I haven't played with it much.

I hope these help.

Thank you. ^^ I just bookmarked both of those websites.
MazokuPS
I played around for a minute in photoshop with the colors in your header as a guide, and I came up with this:

bg- #1A195B (dark blue)

I dunno how these'll actually look, but if you wanna give them a shot then have fun. XD

Yay, thank you! ^^ I'll go try those right now.
Kealdrea
MazokuPS

bg- #1A195B (dark blue)

Yay, thank you! ^^ I'll go try those right now.

I added them in. The only part I don't like is the purple in the content...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff