Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG Duelist

9,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

My media is invisible, and everytime i want to change the song, i need to remove the code that hides the media, edit the media box, and put the code back in. Is there anyway i could fix it so i can change the content of the Media directly through the CSS code? Thanks <3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Fashionable Fatcat

Hero Meets Villain
╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

My media is invisible, and everytime i want to change the song, i need to remove the code that hides the media, edit the media box, and put the code back in. Is there anyway i could fix it so i can change the content of the Media directly through the CSS code? Thanks <3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

I don't believe that's possible (and this is proof that hidden media is annoying for everyone involved). It's a better idea for both you and your profile's viewers to keep your media visible and maybe just resize it and hide it in an inconspicuous area of your profile so it's not bulky and in the way. This is why the Youtube play button thing is so popular (and you can re-color play buttons to match your profile as well), since it's nicer looking than a full Youtube video but possible to pause and generally way less annoying than hiding it.

Skilled Genius

Hero Meets Villain
╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝
To reiterate what Kitty has said. No. CSS is for styling and formatting HTML, not for changing HTML content. Best to simply not have a hidden media, there is absolutely no way around this.

Mega Noob

There is a way to keep your media hidden, but still see it in your profile editor so it's easier to change songs. Is that more along the lines of what you were talking about?

Although, it'd probably be better to keep it visible, so people can pause. Hidden media can get pretty tedious.

OG Duelist

9,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
Recite
There is a way to keep your media hidden, but still see it in your profile editor so it's easier to change songs. Is that more along the lines of what you were talking about?

Although, it'd probably be better to keep it visible, so people can pause. Hidden media can get pretty tedious.

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Yes, i would like to see it in my profile editor. Ill ask my friends if they think i should remove it, but if you could tell me how to see it in my profile editor, that would be amazing <3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Mega Noob

Hero Meets Villain
Recite

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Yes, i would like to see it in my profile editor. Ill ask my friends if they think i should remove it, but if you could tell me how to see it in my profile editor, that would be amazing <3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Here's how you'd do it:

.media_panel h2 {display: none;}
.media_panel {
background: none;
border: none;}

object, embed {
height: 0;
width: 0;}

Those codes will hide it, but assuming the media isn't positioned by any other codes, it will still take up space in the column you have it in. So, that means if it's above another box, it'll look like an empty space is above that box, so I'd keep it keep the media box at the bottom of whatever column it's in.

OG Duelist

9,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Here's how you'd do it:

.media_panel {

object, embed {

Those codes will hide it, but assuming the media isn't positioned by any other codes, it will still take up space in the column you have it in. So, that means if it's above another box, it'll look like an empty space is above that box, so I'd keep it keep the media box at the bottom of whatever column it's in.

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thank you so much <33

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Mega Noob

Hero Meets Villain
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Here's how you'd do it:

.media_panel {

object, embed {

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thank you so much <33

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

You're welcome.

I also just noticed something. One of the codes you had in already is conflicting with the one I gave you.
Look for
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object{height: 25px; width: 30px;}
and take that out. Then the play button will be invisible.

OG Duelist

9,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Here's how you'd do it:

.media_panel {

object, embed {

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thank you so much <33

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

You're welcome.

I also just noticed something. One of the codes you had in already is conflicting with the one I gave you.
Look for

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thanks again x3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Mega Noob

Hero Meets Villain
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite
Hero Meets Villain
Recite

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

Here's how you'd do it:

.media_panel {

object, embed {

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thank you so much <33

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

You're welcome.

Look for

╔═════╗
☽†☼†☾

Thanks again x3

☽†☼†☾
╚═════╝

You're welcome. emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers