Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Noob

In this thread we discuss about pro wrestling rings : their form, color, structure , pros, cons atc.

Here's a question to begin a discussion with : What kind of pro wrestling ring would you create ?

I would probably make an 8 sided ring with 4 ropes. It would be wider and longer than the regular ring. Also I'd increase the space between the ropes so that wrestlers heads wouldn't bump on the top rope. The ring mat would be white and ropes dark green.

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
IMHO, WCW had the best rings. They had a distinct sound to them and I also liked how they would have drawings/words/logos on them for the events.

6,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I take ring-side photos at local wrestling shows and my boyfriend is managing a tag team. I've seen rings put together and torn down. Last show I was at the ring snapped before the show and they had to put wooden beams under the ring posts!

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
*I haven't fleshed the idea out completely, but I had this idea of a match with two rings side by side.

It's sorta like an over the top rope match, where if you land outside you are DQ'd, but the two rings would have two matches going on at the same time. And people in one match could interfere with the other match as long as they didn't touch the ground while trying to get from one ring to the other (there would be a gap between the rings).

*On another note, I went to a local wrestling show once. Something to worry about is the height of the ceiling in relation to the ring. One wrestler was trying some sort of top turnbuckle move and almost hit their head!

*In that show, I also got to see how they put a cage together around a ring. Not the same as a wwe show where they lower one that is already put together.

Dangerous Noob

Tay Lorien
*I haven't fleshed the idea out completely, but I had this idea of a match with two rings side by side.

It's sorta like an over the top rope match, where if you land outside you are DQ'd, but the two rings would have two matches going on at the same time. And people in one match could interfere with the other match as long as they didn't touch the ground while trying to get from one ring to the other (there would be a gap between the rings).

*On another note, I went to a local wrestling show once. Something to worry about is the height of the ceiling in relation to the ring. One wrestler was trying some sort of top turnbuckle move and almost hit their head!

*In that show, I also got to see how they put a cage together around a ring. Not the same as a wwe show where they lower one that is already put together.

how long did it took them to put the cage ?

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Larry The Kitsune
Tay Lorien

how long did it took them to put the cage ?

2 or 3 guys took about 5-10 minutes. They were connected to the ring corners for support.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff