Welcome to Gaia! ::

Can the ref hear the commentary team? I know wrestling referees are, you know, idiots, but why has a ref never just heard Cole or JR screaming "HE USED A CHAIR! HE STOLE THE DAMN TITLE! NOT THIS WAY!!" and just reversed the decision?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Consider the environment in a match. The commentator table is about 10 ft away from the ring, and the ring is roughly 14 ft x 14 ft. Factor in having to focus on 2+ competitors in the ring, and add in the fans...well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Its the physics of sound, essentially. The more bodies there are in a given room, the sound is less likely to resonate.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
First off, an area filled with people (let's go with the usual PWG/CHIKARA show attendance of 400-600 people) who are cheering loudly can pretty much overtake anything commentary screams out. Second, as Dion said, the commentary table is pretty far from the ring and also the referee has to concentrate on the two to eight men in the ring

Shy Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Remember how the feud between Cody Rhodes and Booker T started?
They also have an ear piece i'm betting it's someone from the back telling them things like what the finish is so they know when to count to 3 and when not to and when to "act" like when they play dead after being hit by a wrestler

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
XStr8EdgeX
They also have an ear piece i'm betting it's someone from the back telling them things like what the finish is so they know when to count to 3 and when not to and when to "act" like when they play dead after being hit by a wrestler

...They have an earpiece? I've never noticed...

Dapper Phantom

Dion Necurat
XStr8EdgeX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
darkz2005
Dion Necurat
XStr8EdgeX

Dapper Phantom

Dion Necurat
darkz2005
Dion Necurat
XStr8EdgeX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff