Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steadfast Noob

2,225 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Timid 100
"Some fans are turning their disappointment with the current WWE storyline into a refund for Night of Champions. Several fans claim to have called Cox Cable and asked for a refund after Daniel Bryan's WWE Title win at Night of Champions was overturned on RAW. The fans have reportedly received refunds.

A Cox representative has confirmed that other people have called and received refunds because the finish of the show they paid for were invalidated."

update from wwe

"While certain fans may not have liked the continuing storyline following Night of Champions, we're certain that the 3-hour pay-per-view event delivered all the entertainment and excitement expected from WWE."

credit:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/20184/fans-demand-refunds-over-night-of-champion-finish
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/20190/wwe-statement-on-night-of-champions-refunds

this means wwe lost money. do you think they will refrain from doing this (title stripping right after the ppv) in the future? also its funny people asked for refunds. i wonder if its people legit upset or just trolling the cox cable company or people trying to scam their way to get their money back. but either way its funny refunds were made. this is why i stream all my ppv's because i dont want to get burned or scammed by wwe like these people did

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think these fans need to stop being ******** stupid. No I don't think WWE will refrain from doing this. It sounds like less than 10 (cause several is a small number usually, hell only like 2-4 people) people called and ******** that ammount of money barely covered the food cost to feed the wrestlers.

Ruthless Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Those people are idiots. It's a storyline. Some people need to wake the hell up.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It doesn't really send a message by requesting a refund.

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
They paid for an event, the event happened, the end. That's all there is to it. If referee shenanigans in a fixed sports entertainment show were grounds for refunds, WCW would've went under way before 2001 solely because of Nick Patrick.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I have a feeling that they're just doing this to get their money back, regardless of how the show was...which their problem wasn't even with the show they attended...it was with a show that they didn't attend. That's a new level of stupidity...

piIot's Honey Bun

Business Tycoon

if they are able to do that, then i have the right to sit through a shitty movie and demand my money back afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Huggertaker
if they are able to do that, then i have the right to sit through a shitty movie and demand my money back afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you demand your refund like 10 minutes in they usually oblige

Kawaii Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Fictional story lines about professional wrestlers and their feuds are obviously serious business to some people...so much so that they actually demanded money just because their favorite wrestler got screwed. It's part of the show and part of the story. You don't deserve a refund just because the crowd favorite lost. When I went to No Mercy in 2007, a lot of people were disappointed when Triple H got screwed over by Vince McMahon in the end because at the time we (in the crowd) had been cheering him on for a huge part of the PPV. To the best of my knowledge, no one asked for refunds, and I think all of the superstars still put on a great show.

Fashionable Genius

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
So what? If they didn't like it and they want their money back then that's their business. They got their money back so what, its not like the world will end because people want their money back for something they didn't like.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Xiao Qiao True Beauty
So what? If they didn't like it and they want their money back then that's their business. They got their money back so what, its not like the world will end because people want their money back for something they didn't like.

Except what they "didn't like" wasn't part of the show they actually went to. In fact, all things considered, it sounds like they enjoyed the show they actually went to, and didn't like what happened on a show they DIDN'T pay for. Also, there has never been any harm in discussing the stupidity of others. It's not like anyone was calling for these people to be lynched. Everyone's just voicing their opinion on it...it's not that big of a deal.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Xiao Qiao True Beauty

It sets bad precedence on the provider, to be honest. If I can get a refund due to what happened on the show the next night, then they can give a refund for any reason under the blue moon.

Durem Raider

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Xiao Qiao True Beauty
So what? If they didn't like it and they want their money back then that's their .

If that was a reasonable argument, which is isn't, every sports company (including NFL, NHL and any sports company that does have PPV Access) wouldn't make any ******** money. And wrestling is different because it's ******** pre-determined!!!!

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I smell trolls.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel
I smell trolls.

Unfortunately, it was confirmed that the provider was giving refunds for the overrule of the match. One writer on PWI managed to get one himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff