7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin
Diamond Albano
bunch of bs.he has charisma he has the look doesnt get the crowd reactions that much but hes solid all around.so he slaps some little b***h for a racist comment and wwe fire adr instead.makes no sense.still hope he goes to aaa and makes wwe regret yet another stupid decision.wonder if hes made a statement on it yet or if hes being gagged and trapped like poor little rey rey.

He went to AAA and he "wrestled" a match on their Triplemania card.

Also, I don't disagree with WWE's decision to punish Del Rio. Even he admits that he shouldn't have laid a hand on the guy. However, the fact that the WWE not only aren't punishing this racist c**t, they only decided to fire Del Rio (originally, Vince was just going to suspend him) when the a*****e threatened to sue the WWE...that's what makes this even worse for the company. They are blatantly siding with a racist...and the only reason he's being "protected" is because Stephanie likes the guy.

Well, also because they're still dealing with the Big Show lawsuit for a similar reason.

True, but I don't think the guy Big Show attacked actually did anything that would possibly justify the attack. These two situations are different enough that Barbierri should have been punished, because you can't be saying s**t like that at work for this very reason.

However, the situations are similar enough that if Barbierri filed a lawsuit, the cases would be stronger.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It was mentioned that the "racist" comment was about Del Rio doing the cleaning. I don't see how that's racist.. but people pretty much throw that word around everywhere.

I don't understand this whole thing.. Being famous, being around so many people.. I'm sure a lot of people say mean things about him. Why does he choose now to attack someone? Yes, it's wonderful to stand up for what you believe in.. but to get physical over something stupid like that? Very unprofessional.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The Lunatic Fringe
It was mentioned that the "racist" comment was about Del Rio doing the cleaning. I don't see how that's racist.. but people pretty much throw that word around everywhere.

In this case, it isn't being "thrown around"...at least, not without good reason. The reports say that, while in catering, one of the guys who was eating with Barbierri (the guy who got slapped for being a racist) didn't clean off everything on his plate. When someone else pointed this out, Barbierri said "that's Del Rio's job." This plays on a racist stereotype of Mexicans and latinos only doing service work....so yeah...it is racist.

Quote:
I don't understand this whole thing.. Being famous, being around so many people.. I'm sure a lot of people say mean things about him. Why does he choose now to attack someone? Yes, it's wonderful to stand up for what you believe in.. but to get physical over something stupid like that? Very unprofessional.

First off, Del Rio has said that it was a mistake to slap the guy, and not just because he lost his job because of it...but also because it wasn't the right thing to do. Hell, I'm not even against firing the guy. I am, however, against the fact that they haven't punished Barbierri, even in the slightest.

Secondly, it's clear by your post that you have no idea what it's like to be a minority. Granted, neither do I, but I also don't pretend like a person who has to go through such discrimination doesn't have the right to stand up for themselves, or that someone who gets caught saying something they shouldn't have shouldn't also be held accountable for what they said.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Rumblestiltskin
The Lunatic Fringe

In this case, it isn't being "thrown around"...at least, not without good reason. The reports say that, while in catering, one of the guys who was eating with Barbierri (the guy who got slapped for being a racist) didn't clean off everything on his plate. When someone else pointed this out, Barbierri said "that's Del Rio's job." This plays on a racist stereotype of Mexicans and latinos only doing service work....so yeah...it is racist.

Quote:

First off, Del Rio has said that it was a mistake to slap the guy, and not just because he lost his job because of it...but also because it wasn't the right thing to do. Hell, I'm not even against firing the guy. I am, however, against the fact that they haven't punished Barbierri, even in the slightest.

Secondly, it's clear by your post that you have no idea what it's like to be a minority. Granted, neither do I, but I also don't pretend like a person who has to go through such discrimination doesn't have the right to stand up for themselves, or that someone who gets caught saying something they shouldn't have shouldn't also be held accountable for what they said.

There's a lot of people who do house work.. But I guess since he wants to get under Del Rio's skin, yeah.. You're probably right.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
The Lunatic Fringe

What's more concerning (not that racism isn't a minor concern) is that this isn't the first incident with Barbierri pissing off talent. I'm still thinking the reason they haven't taken action against him as of yet is the possibility he might file a similar lawsuit to the guy who filed for the Big Show segment...which would be bad.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin
The Lunatic Fringe

What's more concerning (not that racism isn't a minor concern) is that this isn't the first incident with Barbierri pissing off talent. I'm still thinking the reason they haven't taken action against him as of yet is the possibility he might file a similar lawsuit to the guy who filed for the Big Show segment...which would be bad.

I think that along with the fact that Stephanie has his back. I'm thinking he's never going to get punished...and so much time has passed now, the issue is pretty much dead, it would seem. In fact, I think if they punish him at any point now, they run the risk of bringing the issue back up again, and you know how WWE hates negative press.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin
The Lunatic Fringe

I think that along with the fact that Stephanie has his back. I'm thinking he's never going to get punished...and so much time has passed now, the issue is pretty much dead, it would seem. In fact, I think if they punish him at any point now, they run the risk of bringing the issue back up again, and you know how WWE hates negative press.

Well that too; having the boss's daughter in your fan club helps.
Glad he's gone. He has no mic skills, but he does have good wrestling abilities. I will admit that, but he's still boring to watch. He was only good because of Ricardo Rodriguez.
is there any other wrestler who brings expensive cars into his matches?
OllOver
Glad he's gone. He has no mic skills, but he does have good wrestling abilities. I will admit that, but he's still boring to watch. He was only good because of Ricardo Rodriguez.

Santino proved to be a much better ring announcer than him. lol
TEZKA5
is there any other wrestler who brings expensive cars into his matches?

Well there was JBL and Eddie Guerrero.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat

Yeah, I read that earlier, and commented in the discussion thread. I still won't be running the threads since I'm working nights, but I can participate in the discussions again.

Edit: Also, I didn't get a notification for this...weird.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat

Yeah, I read that earlier, and commented in the discussion thread. I still won't be running the threads since I'm working nights, but I can participate in the discussions again.

That IS weird...

I'd be interested in seeing what crops up as the reason. My money is multiple complaints from talent. That, or Cena was pissed at him.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Rumblestiltskin
Dion Necurat

That IS weird...

I'd be interested in seeing what crops up as the reason. My money is multiple complaints from talent. That, or Cena was pissed at him.

Eh, I actually think it was just from the ADR incident. I imagine they just waited til the story died down to release him quietly, as they probably didn't want a lot of coverage on this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff