Better graphics 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 7 ]
More pretty aliens 0.36734693877551 36.7% [ 18 ]
More artists 0.18367346938776 18.4% [ 9 ]
Work on the guild 0.061224489795918 6.1% [ 3 ]
Something else, will PM us 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
GOLD WHOREEEE 0.18367346938776 18.4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 60 61 62 > >>

hmmmm.. i tried to start an alien BC once, but that was a looooooong time ago XD

i really like a lot of what you have going on here (granted i tend to only browse the pricing forum to look at the pretty new shops that are coming and fail to read the story)

i have a few little suggestions though :3

- either watermark your lines, or create sample images or something, because it's easy as pie to steal them right now, and that would suck to have somebody do that :c

- it looks like there are two different artists for some of the stuff? you'll find that it will make more sense, look better together, and be more cohesive if all of the lineart is done by one person -- not a requirement, just a suggestion /pleasedon'tkillme D:

- graphicssssss; you have a HUGE opportunity to do some cool things with graphics on your front page with simple icons and symbols so that it makes it more fun to read the rules and backstory and stuff like that - also, this carries into your cert, you need one and it's best to match with the graphics, but also PLEASSSSEEE don't make it a box with words, kthx ♥ with both thread graphics and the cert, i highly suggest actively seeking out opinions from people who /AREN'T/ your friends. you'll get more real answers and better criticism because they don't already like you, and they are not personally interested in your project yet (the cert needs to draw them in at least a little bit)

- best way i've found of getting people into an IT thread, have premades/contests/etc you have a bunch of your lines already done, why not color up one of each race/species and start giving stuff away? this also gives you a kind of "beta tester" group that you can try things out with and tweak things before opening completely to the public :3

errrmmm for right this moment, i think that's it from me O U O
i hope i didn't offend anyone or anything (these are just my opinions!) but i also hope they help you out!

Sparkly Autobiographer

baww
if I knew how reliable I was going to be after this month I'd totally apply as artist/colourist
because
aah
I really love all the story and design and aahh yes very good.

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
- either watermark your lines, or create sample images or something, because it's easy as pie to steal them right now, and that would suck to have somebody do that :c

Indeed! We're going to do that. For the premades too.
I tend to be a biiiit too trusting.

- it looks like there are two different artists for some of the stuff? you'll find that it will make more sense, look better together, and be more cohesive if all of the lineart is done by one person -- not a requirement, just a suggestion /pleasedon'tkillme D:

Yeeeesssss my lines suck. We're going to ask our lineartist to do the others. She is amazing.

- graphicssssss; you have a HUGE opportunity to do some cool things with graphics on your front page with simple icons and symbols so that it makes it more fun to read the rules and backstory and stuff like that - also, this carries into your cert, you need one and it's best to match with the graphics, but also PLEASSSSEEE don't make it a box with words, kthx ♥ with both thread graphics and the cert, i highly suggest actively seeking out opinions from people who /AREN'T/ your friends. you'll get more real answers and better criticism because they don't already like you, and they are not personally interested in your project yet (the cert needs to draw them in at least a little bit)

Hopefully, when we get more examples we can make more graphics. I'm talking to dino (ATM!!!) about buying even snazzier graphics.

- best way i've found of getting people into an IT thread, have premades/contests/etc you have a bunch of your lines already done, why not color up one of each race/species and start giving stuff away? this also gives you a kind of "beta tester" group that you can try things out with and tweak things before opening completely to the public :3

Actually, We're in the process of doing this!

Naked Satan
errrmmm for right this moment, i think that's it from me O U O
i hope i didn't offend anyone or anything (these are just my opinions!) but i also hope they help you out!

Not a problem! you actually know how to critique! Thanks! Our skype chat is buzzing away.
Know anybody who could build on your critique?

Any suggestions for the cert?

We want to have a big cert and a little cert for both familiars and characters

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Naked Satan

//HUGS AND LOTS OF LOVE!
          Thank you so much. Suggestions are very welcome and I'm currently talking to my second
          in command to fix some of the things you have suggested. We are working on samples at the moment so we won't have to have the lines up. I'm a little naive and don't think that someone
          would steal but I need to wake up and smell the roses and realize that it is possible, and I
          would cry if that happened.
          We are also talking to our main lineartist and having her draw the two other species that my
          partner was drawing so the whole thing is more uniform. YESSS both Drac and I have talked
          about the graphics, we know this one is super basic and have been looking for a new artist to
          do the graphics. Any suggestions on what we should do with the cert?
          Thanks! Like I said earlier we are working on coloring all the lines and having contests to give
          them away.
          Like I said earlier thanks so much for all the suggestions, you really have helped.

Drac beat me too it XD

longer pigs

AHHHH, you could be a guest artists if anything //shot
          But thanks for your interest! It's nice to see that people like our ideas.
DraconicFeline

Not a problem! you actually know how to critique! Thanks! Our skype chat is buzzing away.
Know anybody who could build on your critique?

Any suggestions for the cert?

We want to have a big cert and a little cert for both familiars and characters

a pet dino

I actually quite like the choice of the font and the bar you have running underneath it on the front page, I think you could benefit greatly from some simple flat colored circles that would represent the planets even better than the boxed images. This could also carry over into your main (first post) graphic, which could have all of the little planet graphics arranged into the solar system. Another small graphic element that would really bring your page to life would be simple things like a little scene for where you describe the setting of the bilge, grotto, etc. most of your other posts wouldn't require any kind of graphics, but you can always throw something in if you find it's looking plain in comparison :3 Along the same lines, the cert should look like it matches your main page graphics. If you really wanted, I could probably do a quick sketch of what i'm (probably failing to) describe for both the cert and thread graphics; just to give you a sort of spring board to take waaaay further! C:

how much information were you looking to put on the cert? if you want to put what planet/species each pet is, that's where the graphics for the planets i mentioned earlier would come in VERY handy, because it looks nice and it's fewer words

As for finding more people with comments/criticism/interest I highly suggest going out to some of the already established BC shops that are RP required and just hanging around there. People click sigs if they look interesting (that's how i ended up here last night 8D ) and when they do, they'll read or look around and either subscribe to watch for things happening or post! One shop that I frequent/work at that has a lot of AMAZING people who love to help nice people like you guys out is This is Halloween. To talk to the people in these threads, you don't even have to be actively looking to join the shop community, just meet people and hang around a bit; this will also show you how some established shops have their threads set up and how they do things, which is the absolute best way to critique yourself in some respects :3

i'm glad that my text walls are helpful! i'm excited to see this shop get up and moving, it's a really neat concept, and while college has left me with not much time, i still like to watch awesome shops do awesome work C:

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Naked Satan

Yeah we are trying to find someone to draw the the bilge, grotto, etc. so that we can have little
          pictures next to each place. If you could please give us a small sketch, I think I understand
          what you are saying but there are many times where I think I understand and I fail completely. XD

TiH is amazing! Every time I look in there I'm filled with awe and want. I'll go look around there and
          other B/C shops for help. Thanks for the tip and thanks for the compliment and help of course.
xx
      hi thread <3
*nibbles on Vella*

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MY SKYPE DIEDDDDD.
          stupid mac....

On a better note hello Pie!
Hello~ 8D

How are you? o 3o
[ also I feel like I've seen you somewhere not here before ]

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ahhh, been better. I'll be even better when my studying is done. XD How about
          yourself?

And yes I feel the same way! Do you RP? That's where I feel I've seen your
          name before.

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Say, dino. How would we do a dice game?

BTW, I'll sketch up a new idea for a cert... but I think we should keep the tiny certs?
I do rp. xD

I've been in the b/c for... gah. 8 years or so? x:

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
grasshopper pie
I do rp. xD

I've been in the b/c for... gah. 8 years or so? x:

Its odd though! I've never seen you around until after my two year hiatus!
Huh! o Ao

Well I had my own two-year hiatus a bit ago, perhaps our timing was just perfect/awful? xD <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff