Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image

"There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."
-Andre Gide

Urban legends, ghost stories, rumors passed between the lips of adolescents; monsters hide in every corner of a human's existence, teasing at the edges of their vision. Many pass of their fear of monster as illogical, but monsters are real. They are very real.

In order to further humanity's understanding of monsters, a variety of organizations and facilities were funded to study these monsters. One such facility has taken the task of of infusing the DNA of monsters into human children in order to study monsters in a safer environment and under more controllable circumstances.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
From Concept to Shop

Right now, this is sort of more of a concept. There's still a lot of things to flesh out, but currently my idea is to have a shop that takes monster concepts and turns them into children and then have them grow. It can range anywhere from a Creepypasta to a videogame monster to an actual urban legend. It'll be pretty RP heavy and I'll get story and plots and stuff written up, but right now I'm gauging interest and getting help setting up. It's still in the early stages of development.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Current Concepts

Story Concept:
Basically runs similar to SCP's concepts (and in this universe, SCP does exist). It centers around a large facility that works on converting monster DNA, or whatever they can get a hold of that's related to a monster, into a child that can be studied easier than a dangerous monster. Seeing as how children have a different standard of being taken care of than monsters (or sometimes coffee machines), the facility is advertising to recruit caretakers to help raise the child as they are being studied. Unless a child is marked as dangerous, the caretaker can take them home, although they will have to keep a log of activities and findings and also take routine visits to the facility so that the child can be checked on. Dangerous children or children who cannot find caretakers are kept at the facility and are taken care of by scientists or volunteers, which is a lot less loving and homey than an actual home.

Current predicted stages:

Child > Teenager > Young Adult > Adult

This seems to be a schematic that many shops use and seems to work. There's also no "item" or "baby" pre-stage cause most of the time they're just used to give the artist time to do the art or as a way to let the player get set up with their journals.

Child Concept:

Here's a concept of a child with DNA from SCP 173

User Image

Notable traits :
Hard skin - Although the skin seems normal, it is actually hard to the touch and feels like concrete
Avoid Eye-contact - Doesn't like to look at people and movement is reduced when being looked at. The more people looking at them, the less they can move.
Teleportation - When not being looked at by anyone, they can teleport small distances, although they cannot teleport out of a closed room. There must be an exit, such as a door they can open.

Here's a concept of a child with DNA from Slenderman

User Image

Notable traits:
Mute: Cannot talk at all, or really make any sort of noise
Teleportation?: It's unknown whether they teleport or merely disappear and move, but it seems like they can teleport small distances
Black Tendrils: Can summon up eight black tendrils from their body at will
Project Emotions: As they are unable to communicate by speaking, instead they project an emotion onto others. The intensity of the emotion can vary
Extend Limbs: As well as having long limbs already they can make their limbs longer as well
EMT: Causes video and audio recording devices to malfunction with directed at them

Here's a concept of a child with DNA from Freddy Fazbear

User Image

Notable traits:
Glowing Eyes: They can make their eyes light up at will
Teleportation: When not being looked at by anyone, they can teleport small distances, although they cannot teleport out of a closed room. There must be an exit, such as a door they can open.
EMT: Causes distortion in audio and video at will.
Audio Projection: Can play audio from themself

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
To Do List

• Flesh out story more
  • Create more concepts
  • Look into hiring a graphic artist // certist
  • Look into hiring another artist/guest artist?
  • Look into hiring a manager/helper/noidea
  • Make things pretty
  • Figure out pricing and such
  • Figure out a good set-up
  • Make guild and set-up
  • Think of more things to do

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Advertisement, Affiliates and Credits

Banner

Hey, if you wanna advertise this, here's a banner or whatever.

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/l-children-of-horror-l-b-c-i-t-wip/t.94558667/] [img]http://i.imgur.com/8nDEk5E.png[/img][/url]

Smaller version

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/l-children-of-horror-l-b-c-i-t-wip/t.94558667/] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Gb9CyP3.png[/img][/url]

If you're good at making banners, I'd love it if you wanted to make one so it can be used. I'll credit you and love you and everything.

Affiliates

You wanna affiliate with this? I'll put your banner ma-jig down here.

User Image
A really neat Psychonauts themed shop. If you loved the game, you'll love this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Neat shop. Has pretty creative character classes instead of boring "warrior and "mage" type stuff. Cool concept.

Credits/Staff

Owner: TheInfectedMaid

SCP 173 belongs to the SCP Foundation
Five Nights at Freddy's belongs to Scott Cawthon
All graphics and art belongs to TheInfectedMaid
All other content and concepts belong to their respective owners.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Posting can begin, or whatever! Yay!

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Added a Slenderman child concept.

The children being posted will probably be up for sale if they shop ever starts.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Bump it.
Twist it.
Pull it.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Bump to the rhythm.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Bump
New kid concept today, probably.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Made an itty bitty banner.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
These bumps will probably turn into reserve posts, so I guess that's one good thing out of them.

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Yo, so apparently I was in cryostasis for 2-4 years and now the economy is hyper inflated.

How do B/Cs usually price their stuff now and days? It used to be, like, 500k for a custom, but apparently now that's the price of a piece of gum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff